GM channel spam

2»

Comments

• Wanyudo - Lost City
    Wanyudo - Lost City Posts: 70 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Your missing the point of the messages. They are there to get players who normally never bother reading anything past loading the game, to go look and see what it is they "might" be missing.

How many people do you know who have never bothered to read the forums or even go to the PWI main website other than when they first went to download the game. My guess.. probably 85-95% of the playerbase.

That is the point of the scrolling messages. To make people start wondering what it is they might have missed, and go look.

~Saitada (bites her tongue and is being very nice today)

exactly, i cant count how many times and event has gone on, and people have asked: how do i do this?? or even this one, remember that emergency server maintenance a few days back? well, no one in my guild knew what was happening and/or WHY the GMs took the servers offline, so when it does come up, in come that one guy who didnt bother to read the website (all the answers there) and starts asking for explainations, when we told him to check the site, he complains on how "helpful" the guild is and left.. LOL

maybe if people start to actually read forums and what not, there wont be too much problems to do events or why a certain something is wrong with the game..
  • Jayde_videl - Heavens Tear
    Jayde_videl - Heavens Tear Posts: 53 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    GMs, I believe I speak for most (if not all) players when I say.... CHANGE THE CHANNEL SETTINGS SO WE CAN TURN SYSTEM MESSAGES *OFF*. Personally, I don't care who just got a Hercules/Phoenix pet or who got married. We shouldn't be forced to view them.
    Jayde_Videl - lvl 6x venomancer - Heavens Tear
    RainbowVidel - lvl 3x venomancer - Sanctuary
  • Drazo - Heavens Tear
    Drazo - Heavens Tear Posts: 947 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    GMs, I believe I speak for most (if not all) players when I say.... CHANGE THE CHANNEL SETTINGS SO WE CAN TURN SYSTEM MESSAGES *OFF*. Personally, I don't care who just got a Hercules/Phoenix pet or who got married. We shouldn't be forced to view them.

You don't have to read them, you still have control over your eyes. :P
    Non-mule alts:

Drazo - Venomancer - Dreamweaver - Semi-active
    Knatami - Barbarian - Heavens Tear - Inactive
    Drazorus - Archer - Sanctuary - Inactive
    Cidemami - Cleric - Dreamweaver - Inactive
    Recilsami - Blademaster - Heavens Tear - Inactive
    DrazoThePsy - Psychic - Dreamweaver - Active
    DrazoTheSas - Assassin - Dreamweaver - Active
  • Mistigris - Heavens Tear
    Mistigris - Heavens Tear Posts: 61 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Dvorak wrote: »
    We are in the process of revising some of the messages that are currently being broadcast on servers so please be patient. That said, as others have pointed out the vast majority of players you see in-game are unaware of the PWI website and the info found there, including forums.

Remember, not everyone is as savvy enough about whats going in-game and out of game as our typical PWI Forum participant. We do need to bring this player demographic up to speed so please be tolerant when the occasional broadcast is targeted to them.

Thanks for responding. It's always nice to know GMs and Mods actually read the posts here. I'm glad some of the messages are being revised, but I do honestly think it's the frequency that needs revising the most. Many, many messages during one period in the evening and no messages or very few during the day (according to faction members and friends) doesn't really reach the entire population base. And if you could consider adding the ability to at least turn off the scrolling of some system messages it would also be appreciated. I don't mind the red messages in the chat box. The scrolling across the top of the screen when in an fb or boss fight can be really distracting and seems unnecessary. It can be set as on as a default, but the chance to turn it off would be lovely.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    images by ForsakenX
  • Kelovar - Heavens Tear
    Kelovar - Heavens Tear Posts: 94 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Seriously, things like website/forums address should stay in the launcher. Make bigger buttons for those. I honestly think that it was a bad idea using 10 buttons of the same size/shape, since you won't bother reading down once you found what you were looking for (which is usually the start button at the top).

If users are too lazy to click a huge button on the launcher, then they certainly won't bother to type the entire address. ^^"
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ~ Through the darkest of nights, we shall shine brightly, revealing the path to both friendship and glory ~
    Kelovar, Radiance executor

Thanks ForsakenX for the sig *_*
  • Granrey - Sanctuary
    Granrey - Sanctuary Posts: 2,050 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    You don't have to read them, you still have control over your eyes. :P

LOL. You nailed man
  • Andiano - Lost City
    Andiano - Lost City Posts: 70 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    GMs just want to have some fun lolz we were ganking GM 3 days ago just for fun... he didnt die but it was funny to see when like 10 ppl using 2 sparks skills and GM dont even take dmg QQ

GMs are normal ppl they arent just sitting and answering for all ur reports >>
    Don't try to run. I find u everywhere...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Toxickiss - Heavens Tear
    Toxickiss - Heavens Tear Posts: 152 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    I don't think there shouldn't be any reason why the message has to be so often. Once an hour should be quite efficient and truthfully that's too much for my taste. I personally would rather get a daily spam email about the forum instead.

Also why does it have to be in the scrolling box across the screen, it interferes with game play, why not just have it show up in the chat box like when someone gets married and gets Hercs & Phoenixes?

I'm sure it does help those learn about the game through the forums, but what else can you do once you get to the website?? Buy Zen! I see it as a constant advertisement.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Solandri - Heavens Tear
    Solandri - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,843 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    It's being spammed so often that I worry about a Vista UAC elevation-like effect. Where people get conditioned to ignore the red messages and scroller, and you get a bunch of people complaining that the server was shut down without them realizing it was going down.

Can't they add some sort of checkbox option in your game settings, saying "Yes I already know about the pwi forums"? New characters can have it unchecked by default, so they'll see the spam. But those of us who know about the forums could check it and not have to see the spam.
  • Poison - Heavens Tear
    Poison - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,444 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    I thank you for changing them up a bit! b:victory
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Domnorix - Heavens Tear
    Domnorix - Heavens Tear Posts: 55 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Yeah I really like the new system message I read yesterday. I think it was something like this "Ever heared of the Boutique???? press o ........
    LOLZ LOLZ LOLZ LOLZ....... GMS thx for telling me cuz I am just a worthless noob that likes the wet noodles marinated with blood and sweat that Kantorek makesb:dirtyb:dirtyb:dirty
  • Niwa - Lost City
    Niwa - Lost City Posts: 17 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    They are annoying as hell. I can't wait till they fill the forums with ads to get revenue for us coming here.

Ohnose I gave GMs ideas??