quest for lvl4 bs

nsaneone
nsaneone Posts: 6 Arc User
edited January 2010 in The Crafting Nook
I have the quest, making the 2 star items just takes a few tries right?
Post edited by nsaneone on

Comments

• Vixentriel - Heavens Tear
    Vixentriel - Heavens Tear Posts: 46 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    If its only 2x, it should take at least 7+ trys including if theyr blue.
  • Samsamsimply - Heavens Tear
    Samsamsimply - Heavens Tear Posts: 169 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    lol, i have been working on my lvl 4 tailoring and have made that dang wraith robe about 5 times now......4 1*, 1 3*, but still no 2*....this is gonna take a whileb:sad
  • Ihazacute - Sanctuary
    Ihazacute - Sanctuary Posts: 435 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    I got 2* sawtooth and two 2* ornamented bows the first try.

I took 7 tries at the pataka and finally ended up buying one (my first try was a 3*...so dissapointed).

People claim their are variables to increase your chances, but it really comes down to luck.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
  • Muie - Lost City
    Muie - Lost City Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    I got 2* sawtooth and two 2* ornamented bows the first try.

I took 7 tries at the pataka and finally ended up buying one (my first try was a 3*...so dissapointed).

People claim their are variables to increase your chances, but it really comes down to luck.

Well yes, some people say that if you have Rank II your chance to make 2* armor/weapons are higher.

P.S. i work on that quest to...not so lucky with those stars :)
  • Zerikita - Heavens Tear
    Zerikita - Heavens Tear Posts: 23 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    You're probably better off buying the weps for around 200k-250k.
    Making them would be more expensive imo.
    b:laughb:chuckleb:pleasedb:thanksb:cuteb:victory
  • Vidalaire - Heavens Tear
    Vidalaire - Heavens Tear Posts: 389 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Yes, it's all luck. When I did my level 4 blacksmith quest, I made the pataka and blades fairly easily, but that bow tormented me. I swear I must've made at least 10 of those things and finally managed to get a 2 star with my last try.

At least with the level 4 EQs, people craft and sell them in the AH and you might be able to buy them cheap if the seller is unaware of the true value. I'm currently working on the level 6 tailoring and blacksmithing quests. Those require 2 star level 80 gear. No one makes those weapons and thus none are ever for sale in the AH. I am not looking forward to crafting them.
  • Koala - Heavens Tear
    Koala - Heavens Tear Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    You're probably better off buying the weps for around 200k-250k.
    Making them would be more expensive imo.

b:cry yeah try 600k for all 3 skills, now my level 3 craftsmen exp bar isn't moving and ive made at least 5 ornaments (its stuck at 30%).

Thinking that crafting isn't really worth it b:surrender

That's 600k for the mats that i couldn't farm because they don't drop anymore and my time is valuable.
  • Manicero - Sanctuary
    Manicero - Sanctuary Posts: 33 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    were is the blacksmith that u got to talk to in order to receive that quest
  • jemima
    jemima Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Theoretically it's a 30% chance or something like that for a 2*. It does always seem to take much longer. I only ever get 3*'s when I'm trying to get 2*'s, otherwise it's 2* all the way ><.
  • Samsamsimply - Heavens Tear
    Samsamsimply - Heavens Tear Posts: 169 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    its the blacksmith in north arch I believe. And yeah, it seems almost impossible to get the required 2* items, I have the sawtooth blades, but the amount of rough fur, purified oil and silk thread that are needed to make these items are just killing me, and who wants to spend 3k and more sometimes for these items....not me. Blug, someday, I will get there!!! I will just keep telling myself that.
  • Fleuri - Sanctuary
    Fleuri - Sanctuary Posts: 1,763 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    One approach for making 2* items involves consulting with Duke every now and then, waiting for an auspicious event, with specific guidance on which blacksmith's shop you should be using.
  • ThanaLore - Heavens Tear
    ThanaLore - Heavens Tear Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    2*'s come pretty regular :D
  • jacen52080
    jacen52080 Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    I was just wondering at what lvl we get the quest for lvl 4 BS. If anyone can help me it would be much appreciated. Thank you.
  • JustForFun - Heavens Tear
    JustForFun - Heavens Tear Posts: 101 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    At lvl 50 :)
  • Mistigris - Heavens Tear
    Mistigris - Heavens Tear Posts: 61 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    I have a question about buying the 2* items for the quests. Do they have to be manufactured 2* items or can they be ones you just pick up randomly? It'd be nice to know if I resort to checking the AH for them.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    images by ForsakenX
  • Gorga - Harshlands
    Gorga - Harshlands Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    I need some help with the tailor lvl4 thing.

I habe the ☆☆ Glowing Cuisses, ☆☆ Stoneblood Bazubands and 10 Fine Lumber now, but I cannot find a tailor, where I can compose a "Wraith Robe"

How do I do???

TIA, Detlef