any reason to keep the scorpion?

Options
keyshey
keyshey Posts: 0 Arc User
edited February 2009 in Venomancer
I've noticed that I rarely use my scorpion anymore b:surrender
I only use it when I'm trying to lvl it

always tend to use the golem

so should I be looking for another ground pet?
if so, any suggestions?

(I have no magic tank yet b:cry)
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Post edited by keyshey on

Comments

• Daerys - Sanctuary
    Daerys - Sanctuary Posts: 1,022 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options
    According to ecatomb.net the lvl2 scorpion will have the highest damage of all land pets. I'm keeping one leveled for those times when I just need dps, not tankage. Bash + Flesh Ream for DD, Howl for a nice debuff, and I'm thinking maybe Shriek for a fourth just in case.
    As for another land pet, I still don't have a "magic tank" yet either. The golem does just fine. Save your coin for a herc, he's a good magic tank =P
  • Reikara - Heavens Tear
    Reikara - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,321 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options
    I've never had a rare pet, but I have been told that the level 8 (?) treefrog is the best magic tank in game o:
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Lcewolf - Lost City
    Lcewolf - Lost City Posts: 104 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options
    I've never had a rare pet, but I have been told that the level 8 (?) treefrog is the best magic tank in game o:

Phoenix is best I think, then frog and carapest terror are 2nd. Then Antelope pup. That is what I think.
    Lvl 16 Barbarian-Sacrifice
    Lvl 31 Venomancer-Waffles

I'm going to join Dreamweaver and see how it goes!

RETIRED... Ask MagicZ
  • Daerys - Sanctuary
    Daerys - Sanctuary Posts: 1,022 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options
    The phoenix has the highest base M.def but a Herc with it's own buff on will beat it by a good margin.
  • Just_cool - Lost City
    Just_cool - Lost City Posts: 372 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options
    Phoenix is best I think, then frog and carapest terror are 2nd. Then Antelope pup. That is what I think.

a tanker doesn't mean only defence, HP is as important as def, HP is the thing that makes the difference between the frog and the carpest terror and since phoenix doesn't have that much HP as a herc, i'd say herc is better
    IGN: JusT_CooL
    Server: Lost City
    Guild: ex-Conqueror

Follow the example of good GMing :D
    [SIGPIC]http://photos1.hi5.com/0044/475/618/k97TDv475618-02.jpg[/SIGPIC]
  • KillaBee_ - Sanctuary
    KillaBee_ - Sanctuary Posts: 133 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options
    a tanker doesn't mean only defence, HP is as important as def, HP is the thing that makes the difference between the frog and the carpest terror and since phoenix doesn't have that much HP as a herc, i'd say herc is better

The Phoenix has WAY more HP than the herc when you account for its 30% HP buff that adds a ton of HP to the phoenix.

And in normal circumstances, HP would be more important than defense, but the herc multiplies it's defenses by 2.5 with it's buffs, and with a healthy amount of HP to back it (but still less than the phoenix) makes the herc the best tank for anything in the game (even better than a barb o.O). When defenses get that high, HP becomes almost irrelevant.

Instead of getting a barb and a cleric to supplement for a pet, if for some reason you cannot spam-heal the herc alone, grab a second veno to help heal the pet. They are easier to find anyway.