EVENT: Word Hunt! Friday, Feb. 27

dvorak
dvorak Posts: 0 Arc User
edited March 2009 in General Discussion
The game is afoot!!!!

Are you diligent when it comes to perusing and posting on these forums? Perhaps you're a forums neophyte who's only recently dipped your toes in the water? Regardless of your board status if you enjoy fun activities such as hunting down admin posts, exploring HARD to reach areas in game as well as a love for PHAT loot then have we got an event for you!

This Friday, February 27, PWI Forum Administrators (basically anyone with a RED forum name) will post in various threads in the GENERAL DISCUSSION FORUM as well as the SCREENSHOTS & VIDEOS FORUM from 10:00 a.m. to 3:00 p.m. (Pacific Time). In certain posts, one word will be highlighted in RED. It's your job to scour threads for these key words and then place the words in order of when they were posted (check the timestamps). Once in order, the words will spell out a phrase that's relevant to PWI.

At 3:00 p.m. (Pacific) a GM will appear on each server and will broadcast a HINT to their in-game location. You'll then need to find the GM, stand in front of her and whisper the complete phrase to the GM for a chance to win a prize. Please keep in mind that the phrase needs to be 100% perfect (spelling, word order, etc.) to be considered valid.

PRIZES: Wow! Brace yourself for this...The first player to find the GM and whisper the correct phrase will win the brand new and utterly fierce - Hellhound Mount! As consolation prizes the 2nd and 3rd place winners will both receive a Gold Charm and a Gold Spirit Charm!

Unleash the Hellhounds!!!
pwe_dvorak.jpg

Follow me on twitter: http://twitter.com/pwe_dvorak
Post edited by dvorak on

Comments

• WindGaurdian - Sanctuary
    WindGaurdian - Sanctuary Posts: 326 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    heh.. another one ^__^

I guess I'll give this one a shot.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Flying to continue my journey..
  • Jubas - Lost City
    Jubas - Lost City Posts: 22 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    SWEET!!! i need another mount besides my kirin XD
  • darthpanda16
    darthpanda16 Posts: 9,471 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    I know I'm gonna dig this b:victory
    Do you need help learning about patching the game, installing it, changing antivirus/firewall settings, changing network settings, learn how to use a computer, keeping your PC maintained and more?
    Visit our BRAND NEW Knowledge Base & Support Website! - Tech Support Flowchart - Panda Caught on Camera
  • WindGaurdian - Sanctuary
    WindGaurdian - Sanctuary Posts: 326 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    I know I'm gonna dig this b:victory

Does the red words count now? or only on Friday the red words at 10 am will count?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Flying to continue my journey..
  • dvorak
    edited February 2009
    Does the red words count now? or only on Friday the red words at 10 am will count?

Friday from 10 - 3 p.m.

Certain posts in General Discussion as well as Screenshots & vids

We'll let you know on Friday, how many words the phrase will be comprised of. It will approximately be a dozen or so words.
    pwe_dvorak.jpg

• Poison - Heavens Tear
    Poison - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,444 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Dvorak wrote: »
    Are you diligent when it comes to perusing and posting on these forums?

Sometimes...
    if you enjoy fun activities such as hunting down admin posts, exploring HARD to reach areas in game as well as a love for PHAT loot then have we got an event for you!

I'm listening...
    This Friday, February 27, from 10:00 a.m. to 3:00 p.m. (Pacific Time)<snip> At 3:00 p.m. (Pacific)

Ah, too bad I have a day job to pay for my zen purchases. Oh well, same as the last one, no reason to bother with the fun searching part since I can't take part in the rest.

Good luck to everyone else though! b:victory
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • aryannamage
    aryannamage Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Hehe and we mods are allowed to participate!

Wonder if andracil will find it fast enough XD
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • darthpanda16
    edited February 2009
    How fast are YOU on the refresh button?
    Do you need help learning about patching the game, installing it, changing antivirus/firewall settings, changing network settings, learn how to use a computer, keeping your PC maintained and more?
    Visit our BRAND NEW Knowledge Base & Support Website! - Tech Support Flowchart - Panda Caught on Camera
  • sealed
    sealed Posts: 781
    edited February 2009
    Does this event also apply to the new Servers that are comming out?
  • dvorak
    edited February 2009
    sealed wrote: »

No, the new servers will not be launched this week.

GMs will be hidden on HT, LC and Sanctuary at 3 p.m. to hand out the goods.
    pwe_dvorak.jpg

• DeathBlood - Heavens Tear
    DeathBlood - Heavens Tear Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    will there be future events that gives away a hellhound because i dont believe i might make it to this 1
  • darthpanda16
    edited February 2009
    This event is this Friday, new servers won't happen this Friday.
  • Poison - Heavens Tear
    Poison - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,444 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    sealed wrote: »
    No, the new servers will not be launched this week.
    This event is this Friday, new servers won't happen this Friday.

I think what he's asking is people that are planning on going to the new servers have no incentive to do the event unless they are given the option of not taking ownership of the mount until after those servers are live. Might be something to consider since you've said the new servers are opening soon a lot of people have changed play styles, taken a break, etc until the new servers open.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Desangel - Sanctuary
    Desangel - Sanctuary Posts: 28 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Yeah, what if I'm going to play on the new server, can I win the event and you guys give me the prize on the new server?
  • dvorak
    edited February 2009
    Yeah, what if I'm going to play on the new server, can I win the event and you guys give me the prize on the new server?

Unfortunately, no.

Don't worry though, we'll be running plenty of events and promos over the coming months where players from all 5 servers can participate.

Also, keep in mind that the mount is a lvl 60 item so it would take awhile for new players on dreamweaver or harshlands to put it to use.

thx!
    pwe_dvorak.jpg

• esc0rz
    esc0rz Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Unfortunately, no.

Don't worry though, we'll be running plenty of events and promos over the coming months where players from all 5 servers can participate.

Also, keep in mind that the mount is a lvl 60 item so it would take awhile for new players on dreamweaver or harshlands to put it to use.

thx!

Ten days is a long time?
  • dvorak
    edited February 2009
    esc0rz wrote: »
    Ten days is a long time?

It takes a lot longer then that for the 'average' semi-casual player (which comprises 86.8% of our demographic, fyi).
    pwe_dvorak.jpg

• Mosz - Heavens Tear
    Mosz - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,181 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    so are the forum servers better then last time? the forum lag was fantabulous! wow 1 mount per server ...
  • Maiya - Lost City
    Maiya - Lost City Posts: 2,686 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    I remember the last hunt. I had a separate Firefox open on the GM user posts. xD

Then I got 4th place and got a bunny. I wish I could participate this time but I have class. :(
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Desangel - Sanctuary
    Desangel - Sanctuary Posts: 28 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Ten days is a long time?

you can get to 60 in 10 days? pros these days..
  • sealed
    sealed Posts: 781
    edited February 2009
    It takes atleast three weeks for a casual gamer to get to 60, and thats if he/she find's partys easily and not spending hours looking for one.
    It took me a month b:worried
  • Ragequit - Lost City
    Ragequit - Lost City Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Ten days is a long time?

DUDE! this ain't WoW. LoL FAIL.
  • Supermanx - Lost City
    Supermanx - Lost City Posts: 35 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    GMs posting new stuff or editing words red from past post? O_O

b:cry i wanna mount, even if i get there last can i have a mount b:beg
    b:surrender
  • spawnhell
    spawnhell Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    ???????............................................................
  • Drazo - Heavens Tear
    Drazo - Heavens Tear Posts: 947 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Even a skilled veno on 24/7 can't reach 60 in 10 days....unless it's a GM.
    Non-mule alts:

Drazo - Venomancer - Dreamweaver - Semi-active
    Knatami - Barbarian - Heavens Tear - Inactive
    Drazorus - Archer - Sanctuary - Inactive
    Cidemami - Cleric - Dreamweaver - Inactive
    Recilsami - Blademaster - Heavens Tear - Inactive
    DrazoThePsy - Psychic - Dreamweaver - Active
    DrazoTheSas - Assassin - Dreamweaver - Active
  • DarkReCon - Heavens Tear
    DarkReCon - Heavens Tear Posts: 73 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Another event that caters to the west coast or non working peeps out there.. Thanks alot PWI and sure do wish you start thinking about the ones on the east coast to, 10 a.m. - 3 p.m. pacific is 1 p.m. - 6 p.m. eastern.. Us 9-5'ers are getting hosed again.. Congrats to who ever wins and PWI can choke on their events..
    For those about to flame this post here is MY breakdown.. Get out of work around 5 to 5:10 drive 25 minutes in rush hour traffic to pick up my kids from after school camp (now its 5:35-5:40), drive 10 minutes to my house (now 5:50), get kids in house (now 5:55 or so) get online to the forums and start searching for post and words (NOW TO LATE) b:angry..
    Why wont my sig work.. Not kool..
  • VenLooki - Heavens Tear
    VenLooki - Heavens Tear Posts: 288 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Another event that caters to the west coast or non working peeps out there.. Thanks alot PWI and sure do wish you start thinking about the ones on the east coast to, 10 a.m. - 3 p.m. pacific is 1 p.m. - 6 p.m. eastern.. Us 9-5'ers are getting hosed again.. Congrats to who ever wins and PWI can choke on their events..
    For those about to flame this post here is MY breakdown.. Get out of work around 5 to 5:10 drive 25 minutes in rush hour traffic to pick up my kids from after school camp (now its 5:35-5:40), drive 10 minutes to my house (now 5:50), get kids in house (now 5:55 or so) get online to the forums and start searching for post and words (NOW TO LATE) b:angry..

Well finally an acceptable time for EUROPEAN users!!

I mean, me as european veno. The hunting on rares, I CANT DO IT! Or I'm at class or I'm sleeping! (2pm or 2 am?!) AND I can't do the Temple of the Dragon because its at 4 am for me!!!

SO PLEASEEEE.. DONT COMPLAIN ABOUT 1 EVENT, I CAN NEVER TAKE IN MANY!!b:cryb:cryb:cry
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Marshal of Loyalty faction in Heavens Tear!!
    A fun, loyal and most of all helpfull faction!!!
    My Hercules, VenLooki's Secret, has been born!
  • dvorak
    edited February 2009
    GMs posting new stuff or editing words red from past post? O_O

the red words will be found in NEW posts during the times specified.

sorry that these times don't work for you. When scheduling events of these nature we do aim for timeslots that can accommodate the widest array of our player base. unfortunately some players will be left out of such timeframes and we apologize for that.
    pwe_dvorak.jpg

• Zdolnoc - Sanctuary
    Zdolnoc - Sanctuary Posts: 91 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    the red words will be found in NEW posts during the times specified.

sorry that these times don't work for you. When scheduling events of these nature we do aim for timeslots that can accommodate the widest array of our player base. unfortunately some players will be left out of such timeframes and we apologize for that.
    Yeah I just so happen to be one of those people. I'm from the midwest which puts your event at 12pm - 5pm local time. That means I'm still at work. With my job I could have lots of fun trolling the forums for the red words but unfortunately wouldn't be able to participate in the actual event in-game. Why not have the forum part open 10-3 and then the in-game event at 7pm pacific time. That's 8pm mountain, 9pm central, and 10pm eastern. Everyone would be happy then!!
  • Enina - Heavens Tear
    Enina - Heavens Tear Posts: 263 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    No. No no no NO! Please don't change the time! For once, it's an event that europeans have a chance to participate in without having to go without sleep for the whole night! The event is from 6pm to 11pm GMT. So, please please please don't make us europeans stay up any longer than we absolutely have to... b:surrender