PWI Closing Itself

jeremymm420
jeremymm420 Posts: 0 Arc User
edited February 2009 in Support Desk
I got my mom into PWI cause she's sitting home recovering from surgery. She's playing it on her laptop which runs it great. Except for one problem, PWI randomly closes. Crashes I guess, but I walked in and saw it, just one second bam and it's gone. She re loads PWI and is back on rather quickly but I'd like to know if there's any resolutions for this. She IS using Windows Vista, which I'm not very familiar with. But I did go into MSCONFIG and startup to disable all the progs starting, maybe something was conflicting. To no avail it still closes/crashes randomly. Sometimes after hours sometimes after minutes. Any help or advice would be greatly appreciated, Thank you
Post edited by jeremymm420 on

Comments

• crimsonqueen
    crimsonqueen Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Mine does that too. Not alot, but every now and then, pwi will become really laggy and then shut itself off.

I was wondering the same =//
  • zedk999
    zedk999 Posts: 17 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Mine does that too. Not alot, but every now and then, pwi will become really laggy and then shut itself off.

I was wondering the same =//

Firstly do not touch MSCONFIG until you know what you’re doing with it because it can mess up your computer and it can never work again especially Vista, secondly the reason it probably crashes that it might be a conflict between software or your virus scanner isn’t letting you that can be a conflict as well especially for stupid vista (no offence) most anti viruses’ doesn’t let you play games until you disable antivirus hmm...the only reason if you want to check if there is an software conflict, “check your logs”

~ Regards Den
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Microsoft Certified Professional
    Gfx Designer/Artist
  • darthpanda16
    darthpanda16 Posts: 9,471 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Send Tech Support a ticket here: http://support.perfectworld.com/ticketing

Fully describe your issue, and we will try to help you.

We will ask for your system info.

Thanks!
    Do you need help learning about patching the game, installing it, changing antivirus/firewall settings, changing network settings, learn how to use a computer, keeping your PC maintained and more?
    Visit our BRAND NEW Knowledge Base & Support Website! - Tech Support Flowchart - Panda Caught on Camera
This discussion has been closed.