Block Letter ERR instead of NPC

Nomel - Sanctuary
Nomel - Sanctuary Posts: 4 Arc User
edited February 2009 in Support Desk
Most recently I have been playing in PW and usually after a few minutes or more I start to see monsters and townsfolk alike that appear to be giant ERR blocks walking around. Certain objects like building structures show in big white blocks. Or buildings themselves instead of color being all white. Then there is things like spells and for instance my arrows cause I was in with my archer, showing more like Pixelized graphics. I don't thinks its my puter cause I just recently had it reformatted and installed my 9100 Raedon Graphics Card. But I might be wrong! Please would like to know what can be done to change this. Also one final thing sometimes when i click the button that is to hide certain things and supposedly make things run quicker in heavier trafficed areas the whole game screen blacks out then POOF i am back out to windows and game closes!b:cryI really want to be in and lvl my Charaters but experiencing these probs makes me wanna just quit somedays!!
Post edited by Nomel - Sanctuary on

Comments

• aryannamage
    aryannamage Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2008
    That actually does sound like a graphics/driver issue. Have you tried updating?

Microsoft Direct X
    http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/browse.aspx?displaylang=en&productID=9C954C37-1ED1-4846-8A7D-85FC422D1388

Ati Graphics Cards
    http://ati.amd.com/support/driver.html

Also if that doesn't help could you list the following fields from a DXDIAG?
    System Tab - System Information box -
    Operating System :
    Processor :
    Memory :

Display Tab - device box -
    Name:
    Chip Type:
    Approx Total Memory:

Display Tab - driver box -
    Main Driver :
    Version :
    Date:

To open a dxdiag :
    In Vista, type dxdiag in the Start menu search bar
    In other versions of Windows, type dxdiag in the Run command (Start > Run).

Please do not use any symbols other than alphanumerics, commas, and periods.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • RockyFox - Sanctuary
    RockyFox - Sanctuary Posts: 21 Arc User
    edited November 2008
    I Agree with aryannamage,
    It does sound like a Graphics/Driver issue.
    You should update.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • gattsuru
    gattsuru Posts: 3,184 Arc User
    edited November 2008
    A Verify from the launcher may help if you're missing the model files for that NPC, too.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Nomel - Sanctuary
    Nomel - Sanctuary Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    I have tried updating but not sure if worked i think that my graphics card may not be accepting or I may be getting wrong file!
  • zedk999
    zedk999 Posts: 17 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    It's not your graphics driver lolz it's your graphics card.

Ok do the follow:
    look on your computer what graphics card is it Update it & also update Direct X, then try running if that doesn't work let me know :)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Microsoft Certified Professional
    Gfx Designer/Artist
  • darthpanda16
    darthpanda16 Posts: 9,471 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Like Gattsuru said, click on Verify on the game launcher menu (smaller one), let the process run for a little bit, then try again.
    Do you need help learning about patching the game, installing it, changing antivirus/firewall settings, changing network settings, learn how to use a computer, keeping your PC maintained and more?
    Visit our BRAND NEW Knowledge Base & Support Website! - Tech Support Flowchart - Panda Caught on Camera
  • Ren - Lost City
    Ren - Lost City Posts: 355 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    My old pc did that, and it was getting really freaky corrupt graphics in certain other mmos but fine in other newer games. No amount of changing drivers or reinstalling OS etc fixed it.
    In my case I think the card was just old and probably had a malfunction somewhere, because the 2 messed up games were previously fine before.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Zoe is so full of it, that he must be Karmelia.
This discussion has been closed.