trojan in elementclient.exe?

captainwoot
captainwoot Posts: 3 Arc User
edited February 2009 in Support Desk
hi

my antivirus (up to date Kaspersky) keeps finding a trojan in elementclient.exe
this trojan is identified as "downloader.win32.banload.abrh"

therefore, at each updates, it puts it in quarantine and there's no other way to play again but to restaure it and allow it in kaspersky

so basically there are 2 options:
1 it's a false positive and then you should contact kaspersky about that
2 it's not a false positive and then you should remove this from your software...

either way, i think we'll keep being nagged by this if you dont do something about it

thanks
Post edited by captainwoot on

Comments

• Lucified - Lost City
    Lucified - Lost City Posts: 43 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    most likely a false positive? because i use kaspersky as well~
  • zedk999
    zedk999 Posts: 17 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Ok there are possible solutions to this question,

1. Kaspersky is an anti virus that detects everything even if you are using a 100% safe hacking tool for other games, so does McAfree and AVG. if you want to scan your game use this B]ttp://virusscan.jotti.org/[/B with an h. If you really don’t want to use that then my suggest to you Is use Avast Anti Virus, yes Avast is good but they aren’t like AVG they don’t scan hacking tool’s, because despite the fact that the company made it like that so they ignore it which is really good. Also Avast is freely downloadable.

2. Depending on the status of where you downloaded your game somebody from the website must of uploaded a Trojan into the game (be careful about this) I’ve seen this happen many times and people lose their accounts because of that.

~ Regards Den
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Microsoft Certified Professional
    Gfx Designer/Artist
  • captainwoot
    edited February 2009
    well, kaspersky is and always have been one of the very best antivirus solutions: i have no reason to change since i pay for it, it never reports any false positive and it's a very good shield, never had any problems with it and i've used it for like 10 years now...
    on the other hand, tests show that avast is one of the very worst antivirus solutions ever, even among the free ones

i downloaded the client from filefront, using the link provided by the official PWI website
  • zedk999
    zedk999 Posts: 17 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Lol avast isn't the worst there a lot worst out there which i know of but ye it's allways the website's fault :P
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Microsoft Certified Professional
    Gfx Designer/Artist
  • darthpanda16
    darthpanda16 Posts: 9,471 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Please see this thread for more info: http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=201991
    Do you need help learning about patching the game, installing it, changing antivirus/firewall settings, changing network settings, learn how to use a computer, keeping your PC maintained and more?
    Visit our BRAND NEW Knowledge Base & Support Website! - Tech Support Flowchart - Panda Caught on Camera
  • captainwoot
    edited February 2009
    thanks darthpanda
    well since it seems to be a false positive am gonna send them a message with the .exe included
This discussion has been closed.