I need help

zedk999
zedk999 Posts: 17 Arc User
edited February 2009 in Blademaster
Hello I was wondering can you help me I would like to become an AoE with Dual Axes is that possible if not what weapon can I wield or which is best/strongest for an AoE?

And also what stats do I need to add up? I’m level 4+ but I haven’t used any of my stats/skills; also I want to know what skills do I need for an AoE?

Also is it possible to be AoE PvP+TW and PvE? what is better in leveling AoE or blademaster...lol id take it AoE..but i'm just checking.

Another question if i was to become a blademaster what is better dual swords or Blade? in a damage way.

Another question which is better Blademaster Or AoE? in damage way....

I’m only asking because I don’t want to mess up my skills and stats id be thankfull if you can answer those questions by Quote.

~ Regards Den
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Microsoft Certified Professional
Gfx Designer/Artist
Post edited by zedk999 on

Comments

• Briegg - Sanctuary
    Briegg - Sanctuary Posts: 584 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    All of the bm's weapons can aoe
    you just have to learn the right skill
    if you go to your skill trainer or your skill tree
    and view the decription of each skill
    you can tell which ones are aoe

as for the stats are you saying you haven't used any stat points?
    because i find it very hard to believe that you could've gotten to level 40+
    without raising your stats
    as for skills get your weapon mastery upped
    as well as aura of the golden bell as well as sutra
    since you haven't gotten any of the previous skills Tiger's claw drake rays' etc

don't get them instead just up your skills that either do aoe
    or stun (it should say in description)
    also beware only get the skills that axes can use
    (in description it'll say what wep is required to use this skill)

and your confusin me by seperating aoe and blademaster
    do you know what aoe is?
  • Antartika - Sanctuary
    Antartika - Sanctuary Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Err i do know what AoE is but i'm not level 40 i'm level 4 at the moment hehe
  • Dess - Heavens Tear
    Dess - Heavens Tear Posts: 97 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    2 things: first, nice poem. Not everyday someone answers a question with a poem. Secondly, i think this guy meant he was lvl 4, not lvl 40+ (if im wrong, sorry).
    Now, Blademasters (or bms, as most everyone calls em) all possess 2 aoes in their general skills. Once a bm reaches lvl 29, they can choose from one of 4 wpn paths: Axes (this path includes hammers, poleaxes, and poleaxes), Swords (also includes Blades), Spears, and Fists (also includes Claws). Each path includes 1 aoe, except for axes. 3 of its specialized skills are aoes. As for how you need ta set up your stats, check Lyndura's BM Guide. She spells out most everything you'll need to know to set up a pretty good bm. If youve got other questions, just post em on here an someone will answer. Dunno how good the answers will be, but someone will answer.
  • zedk999
    edited February 2009
    Thank you very much so i can become a blade AoE also? if that is a yes that just leaves the stats and skills haha :)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Gfx Designer/Artist
  • Dess - Heavens Tear
    Dess - Heavens Tear Posts: 97 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Yes and no. Blade bms end up with a total of 3 aoes: 2 full aoes, and an atk that strikes in a frontal spray. Also, blade bms dont get access to their last aoe till lvl 59. Axe bms get their 3rd aoe at lvl 39. Also, axe bms end up with the most aoes of all bms. What you should focus on right now, is finding a wpn that suits your style of play. Give all 4 wpn types a try, and see what works for you. You dont have to select just one wpn type till lvl 29. As for the stats and skills, Lyndura's guide, which is stickied on this forum, will be able to answer all your questions on how your skill points should be parceled out. Each wpn path has their own skill point distribution. As for the skills, hit up http://www.ecatomb.net/skillpwi.php
    for a listing of all bm skills, what lvl you get them, how much they cost, etc. My only disagreement with Lyndura's guide is that there are a bunch of skills she says you shouldnt max out. Some of these are your general atk skills. I use these skills frequently, so ive maxed most of them. If you have any other questions, just put em on the forum, and someone will answer.
  • zedk999
    edited February 2009
    Ok ok ive decied to be an AoE blade But! what sword does more damage

Blade
    Sword
    Dual Sword
    Dual Blade

O,o or what weapon is best for BladeAoE ~ i like blade lmao :P
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Gfx Designer/Artist
  • Nayiro - Sanctuary
    Nayiro - Sanctuary Posts: 1,275 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    dual blade i believe do the most.
    Back.
  • zedk999
    edited February 2009
    mhm..ok now all i need is..to understand what to add into stats STR is one of them VIT is also but do i need DEX?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Gfx Designer/Artist
  • Nayiro - Sanctuary
    Nayiro - Sanctuary Posts: 1,275 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    you need dex.

3 str 2 dex even lvls
    3 str 1 dex 1 vit odd lvls
    Back.
  • zedk999
    edited February 2009
    Lol ok then help me fix my stats i am lvl 5 with 20 points :)

lol :S
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Gfx Designer/Artist
  • Seablue - Sanctuary
    Seablue - Sanctuary Posts: 261 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    blades are meant for single target though. you won't be able to aoe sucessfully with them. blades get sucky weapon for skill spamming later on in game and won't be able to out damage axe unless we use myriad.

This is blade's salvation. If you can get this you're set for life.
  • zedk999
    edited February 2009
    So if i had that weapon i'm ok? with dual swords AoE? and also can you help with stats? :P
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Gfx Designer/Artist
  • Seablue - Sanctuary
    edited February 2009
    zedk999 wrote: »
    So if i had that weapon i'm ok? with dual swords AoE? and also can you help with stats? :P

No I'm just saying that you will actually have a chance of being able to spam skills and do very good damage. Gloom still can't be compared to berserker however but's it's the strongest dual blade I can find. Blades are still unable to aoe sucessfully since the ultimate can't be used when ever you want which leaves you with 2 aoe only. If you want aoe go axe. I believe its best to have the dex requirement for polearms and str for axe unless you want to go high vit.
  • AdvanceZero - Heavens Tear
    AdvanceZero - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,413 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Thread Creator:

Instead of asking someone what to do. (I understand you are looking for guidance) You really need to read the stickied guide for BM's.

What I see in this thread is your not being proactive enough. You just want someone to tell you what is best. This is not a good habit to be in with anything. Some BM's swear by the Sword...others the Spear....and then you have those who love the Axe/hammers.

Please read the guide. Then when you reach level 19 re-read the guide again. It will make more sense to you. Yeah I know its a lot to read. But you have to have information to make a good decision on what you are going to do when you finally reach level 29. And if you are still iffy about what it is you think you are doing make sure to save up some stat points to redistribute after you re-read the guide. So you can adjust your BM's stats so you can equip the weapon you want.

I used swords/blade up to my fb19. When you get to Fb19 and finish it you get a really good spear that lasted me till level 30+. I myself didn't know what path I was taking till level 33. I had saved up a good 20 stat points...and then decided on my own type of Axe/hammer build. I made an educated decision based upon skills; the small amount of experience i had gathered and the lovely BM guide.....and finally what pushed me to my decision was the type of Play style I wanted to use.

I really give props to the people who've replied to you already. They are really trying to help. But you have to educate yourself. You will be doing yourself a favor. If after doing all your research and playing a bit more and you are still confused. I implore you to ask your question again.

And remember most of all.....have fun!! b:laugh
    Retired

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Granrey - Sanctuary
    Granrey - Sanctuary Posts: 2,050 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    blades are meant for single target though. you won't be able to aoe sucessfully with them. blades get sucky weapon for skill spamming later on in game and won't be able to out damage axe unless we use myriad.

This is blade's salvation. If you can get this you're set for life.

I could not see that weapon on the weapon tree that I was suggested by another poster.
    http://janelh.wikidot.com/dusk-swords#toc0

Am I missing something?
  • zedk999
    edited February 2009
    Lol erm Id take ill be AoE dual Axer xD but i don't know stats ;o

i'm lvl 6 with 25 unused stats xO
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Gfx Designer/Artist
  • Seablue - Sanctuary
    edited February 2009
    I could not see that weapon on the weapon tree that I was suggested by another poster.
    http://janelh.wikidot.com/dusk-swords#toc0

Am I missing something?

That's cuz those are TT weapons. This one is a legendary
  • AdvanceZero - Heavens Tear
    AdvanceZero - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,413 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    zedk999 wrote: »
    Lol erm Id take ill be AoE dual Axer xD but i don't know stats ;o

i'm lvl 6 with 25 unused stats xO

Read the guide.
    Retired

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Granrey - Sanctuary
    edited February 2009
    That's cuz those are TT weapons. This one is a legendary

Where can I see a list of legendary weapons?

and what is the difference between TT weapons and lengendary?
  • Ganiju - Heavens Tear
    Ganiju - Heavens Tear Posts: 319 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Where can I see a list of legendary weapons?

and what is the difference between TT weapons and lengendary?

the difference is basically every thing TT weps are something you can make without a mold. legendary you have to either find the mold or buy it. legendary's can be obtained like at lvl 21 or 22 all the way up to 90+ TT weps yo have to be 60+ and you only get the stronger TT's by 10 lvl increments(sp?) legendary have some extra abilities and attack (depending on which wep you are using) then the TTs and there also other differences but i forget them all i used to know alot but i kind of forgot.
    and go to the pwi data base i think the addres of it is www.pwdatabase.com or something like that...
    probably one of the smartest in perfect world
    yet the lowest of level
  • Granrey - Sanctuary
    edited February 2009
    the difference is basically every thing TT weps are something you can make without a mold. legendary you have to either find the mold or buy it. legendary's can be obtained like at lvl 21 or 22 all the way up to 90+ TT weps yo have to be 60+ and you only get the stronger TT's by 10 lvl increments(sp?) legendary have some extra abilities and attack (depending on which wep you are using) then the TTs and there also other differences but i forget them all i used to know alot but i kind of forgot.
    and go to the pwi data base i think the addres of it is www.pwdatabase.com or something like that...

thanks for your quick response. I went to that website and went also to this one:
    http://pwdatabase.com/pwi
    I still cannot see a list of legendary weapons. Aparently, all the weapons on that list are TT.

I'm actually interested on dual swords/blades lengendaries. Any list on that is appreciated.
  • Samsamsimply - Heavens Tear
    Samsamsimply - Heavens Tear Posts: 169 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    on the pwi database the yellow 1* weapons are legendary, the greens are TT. They are there
  • Ganiju - Heavens Tear
    Ganiju - Heavens Tear Posts: 319 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    thank you for reminding me i kind of haven't been on the pwi data base site in like a long time so yeah ty for reminding me
    probably one of the smartest in perfect world
    yet the lowest of level
  • Granrey - Sanctuary
    edited February 2009
    on the pwi database the yellow 1* weapons are legendary, the greens are TT. They are there

thx, now I understand
  • Lyndura - Lost City
    Lyndura - Lost City Posts: 829 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Legendary equipment:

http://janelh.wikidot.com/holy-equipment

Twillight Temple equipment:

http://janelh.wikidot.com/dusk-equipment

As it has been said, Legendary equipment requires a Mold (which drops from bosses in FB's), and materials that can be obtained through the mines in the world. You can start crafting/using Legendary equipment since level 2x.

Twillight Temple equipment do not require a Mold to be crafter; however, they need materials that can only be adquired killing bosses in the dungeon witht he same name, Twillight Temple.

This equipment has a "path" that can be followed. For example, a level 70 weapon requires the level 60 one to be crafted, while a level 80 one needs the level 70 and so on.

They have different stats and attributes (as well as money cost), so it is up to you which ones you want to choose, etc.

At high levels, most people uses TT equipment, because it is the best.
  • Granrey - Sanctuary
    edited February 2009
    Legendary equipment:

http://janelh.wikidot.com/holy-equipment

Twillight Temple equipment:

http://janelh.wikidot.com/dusk-equipment

As it has been said, Legendary equipment requires a Mold (which drops from bosses in FB's), and materials that can be obtained through the mines in the world. You can start crafting/using Legendary equipment since level 2x.

Twillight Temple equipment do not require a Mold to be crafter; however, they need materials that can only be adquired killing bosses in the dungeon witht he same name, Twillight Temple.

This equipment has a "path" that can be followed. For example, a level 70 weapon requires the level 60 one to be crafted, while a level 80 one needs the level 70 and so on.

They have different stats and attributes (as well as money cost), so it is up to you which ones you want to choose, etc.

At high levels, most people uses TT equipment, because it is the best.

I have not used any of these two types of weapons but I will try to get my hands on them.

Somebody actually explained me about Legendary weapons before and I thought TT and legendary were the same (since I thought you find lengendary as drops on twilight temple, silly me)

thanks, again