need a lil advise

Antcy - Heavens Tear
Antcy - Heavens Tear Posts: 3 Arc User
edited February 2009 in Support Desk
as i was doin WQ my fire wall dectected a trojan

Trojan-Downloader.Win32.Banload.abrh

its the 1st time anything like this has happend to me would like to know how can i fix this?
id hate to have to restart or quit playin as i rly enjoy this game

um forgot to mention i cant login & thats makin me rly nervous
live in the dark, love the pain, Fear nothing
the path of demon born
Post edited by Antcy - Heavens Tear on

Comments

• Angelle - Heavens Tear
    Angelle - Heavens Tear Posts: 177 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    [ Side note: O_____o; You made your avatar a barb and not a veno, lulz. b:chuckle ]

Anywho, did a little Google search: if you haven't removed the Trojan yet, I found some instructions on how to.

# Use Task Manager to terminate the Trojan process.
    # Delete the original Trojan file (its location will depend on how it originally penetrated the victim machine).
    # Delete the file downloaded by the Trojan:

%System%\cms.jpg

# Update your antivirus databases and perform a full scan of the computer

At to how to relog, it is possible that you DC'd and was still somehow locked into the game. By now, I'm pretty sure you would be able to login, but next time, if it happens again, checkmark the thing under the Username/Password login thing before logging in. Hope that made sense. b:cute

Would really hate to see something happen to one of my bestestestestest friends in game (and out bby! WOOOOOO). D:
    Former Leader of 卓越的 {Transcendent}
    -- DoIl - Venomancer - 6X

;D You can call me Minny.
  • darthpanda16
    darthpanda16 Posts: 9,471 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Hey guys,

To help us help our local engineers track down sources, we need some info from you all pretty please.

1) Screenshots in JPG format of the messages that pop up. Post them here if you can.

2) What antivirus/security software that you are running, and what version numbers.

3) Give us the EXACT link that you downloaded the files from (which bittorrent source, website,etc.) Users reading this thread, DO NOT CLICK ON THE LINKS THAT ARE REPORTED related to this issue. We do not want you having the same issues to compromise your computer's security, ok?

4) What version of the game client that you downloaded. The base client will be either version 1, or version 37.
    Do you need help learning about patching the game, installing it, changing antivirus/firewall settings, changing network settings, learn how to use a computer, keeping your PC maintained and more?
    Visit our BRAND NEW Knowledge Base & Support Website! - Tech Support Flowchart - Panda Caught on Camera
  • Antcy - Heavens Tear
    Antcy - Heavens Tear Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    er for the 1st request id love to but um my knowledge of comps is like caveman-ish

2nd Kasersky internet security 2009 automatically up dates every time i swictch on the comp

3rd i was'nt downloadin or usin my net for anything else apart from Pwi just doin the paper clip quest when i got the msg

4th game client 1 if i remember but with the updates i cant be 100% certain but the manual patch 1-80 matches my client

^^ i goto say im rly rly happy with the customer service as this is my 1st problem, you guys are fast at replyin

Muuuah ^^
    live in the dark, love the pain, Fear nothing
    the path of demon born
This discussion has been closed.