Guide to FB runs

aryannamage
aryannamage Posts: 0 Arc User
edited October 2013 in Dungeons & Tactics
What is needed in the squads:

A Barbarian for tanking as especially with magic bosses they have a skill to cancel AOE attacks if timed correctly this can save the squad.

A Venomancer for pulling. Even if your Barbarian is strong enough to tank 2-3 monsters at the bosses it is usefull to let Venomancers pull the small mobs away before taking on the boss itself.

1-2 Clerics! This should be obvious I think. Best to have 2 in case one dies or aggro is off the Barbarian and on multiple members of the party.

Fill the rest of the squad with either Archers,Wizards or Blademasters to do damage to kill faster.
FB19

I would personally advise against using wines for this FB as you will need mobs to kill first and this FB is good to learn the group dynamic. Also the mats needed for the wine in this FB is just not worth it. I personally recommend doing this FB with higher lvls just to get a feel and they maybe able to give some tips as well.

Needed mats for Osmanthus wine:

10 each of Logs, Pig Iron, Sandstone and Coal Dust

FB29

Using wine here is in my opinion just a waste of mats as this FB really does not take long. In fact it is the smallest all around.

Need to kill Key Mob to open the door to his room. That one is melee p. atk and does not move so it is possible to kill it with ranged attacks without taking a single hit.

Qingzi
BOSS [Lvl 35] Close Range: Physical Melee Attack Far off: Earth Magic Damage
Recommended having a mage tank it as mages have Stone Barrier

Needed mats for Bamboo wine:

2 each of Rough Lumber, High Carbon Steel, Gravel and Coal

FB39

If you have not done the related quest of which there are quite a few do not under any circumstances wine the FB. You will not be able to finish those quest if you do. If you have done the quests I would do it wined as this FB is quite timecomsuming. Even wined this FB easily takes an hour.
The first boss Faren Serenity (Physical attacks) has an AOE (23 meter radius) physical attack so get the barb to cancel these if he can and everyone try to stay as far away from him as you possible can. He also has a Movement Speed Lowering buff.
The second boss Calcid the Flame (Physical Attack) has a damage over time Fire magic atack.
The third boss Hercule Trioc is best tanked by a Wizard or Venomancer because of his Metal Element Magical Attack. He has no AOE attack though so everyone else just **** into him.

Needed mats for Daughter wine:

8 each of Rough Lumber, High Carbon Steel and Coal

2 wines are needed to clear the whole dungeon.

FB49/51

Again if the related quests are not done don't wine this one. The mobs here are all over the place and quite a few patrol around so be carefull. If the quests are done wine it.

The recommended pattern for this FB [49-51], Frostcovered Lands is this.
First, take the Level 51 General Quest chain "The Scepter" up to the point of "The Book". Then take the Level 50 Quest "Sign of the Talon", the "Call of Duty: Wraithbeast (Part 1)", and the level 51 Quest "Avenger's Fury".
After completing those quests, exit the dungeon then go obtain "Call of Duty: Wraithbeast (Part 2)" and "Powerful Lord". Finish those, then go turn in the quest for "The Book". Although the original "Call of Duty: Warithbeast (Part 1)" is available at level 49, it is best to wait until level 51 so that you can obtain all the necessarily quests and can do it in one run rather than multiple runs.

Fushma (Lvl 53) is a fire element boss who has close range physical damage.

Ranker (Lvl 53) is a earth element boss with close range and AoE physical damage. Again get the Barbarian to cancel what he can and stay as far away as you can.

Myriadtail Wyvern (Lvl 54) is a fire element boss who has a long range magic attack, physical attack and AOE.
Note: Distance of AoE is approximately 24meters. A maxed out heal or Venomancer spells are effectively outside of that range.

Needed mats for Frangrances wine:

8 each of Fine Lumber, Refined Steel, Rubstone Powder and Anthracite

2 wines are again needed to clear whole dungeon

FB59

For the FB 59, the quests "The Challenge" (Spiritual Cultivation), "Heaven's Trial" (Level 58 Challenge Quest), "Call of Duty: Sacredbeast" (Level 59 Challenge Quest) and the end of "Mysterywood Fruit" (Level 55 Regular quest, part of a chain that starts with the quest "Outcast") should all be done together. FB 59 requires no mobs other than the bosses so it is recommended that one uses wine to save time.

Important information concerning the FB 59: The boss Gluttonix is currently bugged. It is possible to have the Call of Duty in the pillar and still not have it register the kill. The causes for this bug are unknown but a proven strategy for getting the kill is to put in the Call of Duty, and when the boss is at 50%, change the party leader. This will give the quest the "failed" status and return the Call of Duty to the original holder's inventory. The holder should then wait until the boss is at about 25%, then reinsert the Call of Duty. Another strategy is the insert the Call of Duty at the last minute but this strategy does not always work 100%. Another theory concerning the bug is that the person who inserted the Call of Duty must have the final hit, but this theory is unproven thus far.
Also, make sure you have ALL TEN PIECES OF MYSTERYWOOD FRUIT when you go into this FB. All you have to do for this is to talk to an NPC located deep within the dungeon. That is not worth a run unless you are participating in someone else's FB.

Needed mats for Chiennan Spring wine:

10 each of Fine Lumber, Refined Steel, Rubstone Powder and Anthracite

2 wines needed again to clear everything.

The next few FB's I have never done myself so can't really say much about it. If someone would send me info on those FB's I will incorporate it into this guide. For now I left the info part blank and just wrote what mats you need for wines.

FB69:

Needed mats for Ancient Well wine:

10 each of High-Grade Lumber, Steel Alloy, Corundom Powder and Charcoal

FB79:

Needed mats for Afterglow wine:

15 each of High-Grade Lumber, Steel Alloy, Corundom Powder and Charcoal

FB89:

Needed mats for Tukang's wine:

15 each of Lumber Essence, High Alloy Steel, Granite and Extruded Charcoal

FB99:

Needed mats for Wine of Everlasting Sorrow:

20 each of Lumber Essence, High Alloy Steel, Granite and Extruded Charcoal
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Post edited by aryannamage on

Comments

• mecurial
    mecurial Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    i think fb59 last boss's bug is fixed..in my last fb69, the holder just tab in at the very start, then we killed the boss and manage to get exp. And ofc, no quest fail. b:victory
    ~~~~la la la~~~~~~
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Inna - Heavens Tear
    Inna - Heavens Tear Posts: 67 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    mecurial wrote: »
    i think fb59 last boss's bug is fixed..in my last fb69, the holder just tab in at the very start, then we killed the boss and manage to get exp. And ofc, no quest fail. b:victory

I was also in a run of fb59 and the tab holder did the samething. Tab at start before fighting boss and everything went well. Had a few other guildies claim the samething too.
  • Fleuri - Sanctuary
    Fleuri - Sanctuary Posts: 1,763 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    I would add that if you fail your Call of Duty quest (for example, if someone gets disconnected), you will get your tab back (if you were the tab holder).

However, if you kill a boss without having the quest, then you have to run things through again in a fresh instance of the dungeon if you want to kill the boss again.

And I have seen people think that they had "FB19" when they did not have their tab -- I have even seen people say that they had their tab when they have not (and then later on get their call to duty tablet when they talk with their elder). Its very easy for anyone to get confused about which details were important when they have never run one of these quests before.

Unfortunately, "FB19" does not really mean any one thing here, different people have different ideas. So to minimize confusion, I would strongly encourage people to get their tab holder to take their call of duty quest right away. If things go wrong, they can always get their tab back and use a pillar next to that boss. (But if that quest needs to be restarted, your tabholder should do that before the boss dies.)

Also, if you spend some time talking with each other (hopefully in a language you can all understand) you can save lots and lots of time later on.
  • Vidalaire - Heavens Tear
    Vidalaire - Heavens Tear Posts: 389 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    A few corrections:

Calcid does not explode. He looks like the exploding chickens, but doesn't actually explode when he dies.

Rankar has an AOE. I believe it's physical and I have no idea of the radius.

You're better off having a wizard or veno tanking FB59 since the bosses all use magic attacks.
  • Maiya - Lost City
    Maiya - Lost City Posts: 2,686 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    Calcid can also be tanked by a robe class too. As from far away it only does a bleed attack and fire over time damage.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Stickygreen - Heavens Tear
    Stickygreen - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,158 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    awwwww no fb109?
    Less QQ more Pew Pewb:thanks

"Don't argue with an idiot. They bring you down to their level, and beat you with experience."

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • thom
    thom Posts: 387 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    Never noticed Fushma to use any AOE attack in fb49-51.

Also for the Gluttonix bug, done dozens of runs through that fb59 and only once did we get this bug.

Did just one thing different that time than we usually do, We didnt kill all the guards from couple bosses since we were in hurry.

As long as we have killed every single guard before killing the boss in entire dungeon, this bug has never shown up. Our runs have been 100% bugfree with that method.

FB59 is easy to tank for barb,if they have taken care of their mdef and not just pdef. All boss magic attacks are pretty easy to interrupt if they hurt too much.

Nice guide, good job.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

ThommiX - Harvest Leader

8x Barbarian

-Lost city-
  • Maliza - Heavens Tear
    Maliza - Heavens Tear Posts: 39 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    Never noticed Fushma to use any AOE attack in fb49-51.

Never noticed it too, had multiple veno pets on him + BM/Barb and only the 1 that has agro got damage (noticed this in multiple runs).

Every FB, in my experiance is pretty much balanced for a mixed (coordinated) team of around its level (up to FB59 done with such teams). Necesity's:
    -Minimal 1 cleric (2 if possible)
    -1 barb for tanking
    -1 veno for luring (or tanking (AoE) mage bosses like in fb39, of course this also can be done by a wiz or cleric, but with a cleric it means less healing power)
    -additional damage dealers of your choice

It takes some time, but I definately like the challenge of doing my fb's in this way.

FB59 should indeed be wined, the rest of the dungeons (up to 59) aren't worth it in my opinion.
    Heavens Tear
    Maliza - 8x veno
    CriticalMary - 6x archer
    Maradishu - 5x cleric (only if needed)
    Makito - barb 4x (in rest)
  • Klath - Sanctuary
    Klath - Sanctuary Posts: 437 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    He is right, its Rankar and not Fushma that has short range physical AoE. I believe the range is about 10-15m from him (clerics, dont stay near, will be 1-shot).
  • andracil
    andracil Posts: 2,949 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    I've corrected the mistake on the Fushma description, thanks for the info.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Zslasher - Sanctuary
    Zslasher - Sanctuary Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    useful guide
    [SIGPIC]my siggy[/SIGPIC]
  • Fleuri - Sanctuary
    Fleuri - Sanctuary Posts: 1,763 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    FB 59 requires no mobs other than the bosses so it is recommended that one uses wine to save time.

Does this mean that drops from other monsters will usually be useless (for example, no darkness stamps)?
  • thom
    thom Posts: 387 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    Does this mean that drops from other monsters will usually be useless (for example, no darkness stamps)?

FB59 is at the moment last dungeon to drop stamps. If you want those,dont wine it.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

ThommiX - Harvest Leader

8x Barbarian

-Lost city-
  • Maliza - Heavens Tear
    edited January 2009
    Did my first steps in FB69 yesterday and did the first quest you get for this dungeon (Key to the Altar, lvl 65 quest). FB69 requires you to leave the dungeon at least once to update the first quest and continue with 'Emerge again' (lvl65 quest).

There are definately a lot of mobs closely packed. If you are going in, veno luring tactics are highly recommended. Will add more info after i go in again.
    Heavens Tear
    Maliza - 8x veno
    CriticalMary - 6x archer
  • Devarsi - Sanctuary
    Devarsi - Sanctuary Posts: 542 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    hey could someone let me know if you need 2 wines for fb69 .. does it ever go up to needing 3?
  • Maliza - Heavens Tear
    edited February 2009
    -edited-
    Now completed the fb.

You can open a shortcut (door) by killing 3 gaurds. It is time dependent though.
    Kill gaurd in the first room you get (leave it alive until you have cleared the way to the southwest room). Next kill the second gaurd within 10 minutes (it's located in the sout left room). Next double back and kill a third gaurd in the first room (it spawns with 3 helpers after you kill the first two gaurds).
    Guard can be lured.

First two minibosses are tankeble by a lvl65 barb.

The first miniboss you get to 'Serpentrex' (just before the shortcut ) you need to kill for quest 'Retrieve the Mail' (lvl67 quest).

Next miniboss is 'Noxtouch Cullers' for 'Key to the Altar' (lvl 65 quest). This boss has aoe poison, wich he doesn't use that often.
    After this miniboss leave dungeon to update the quest and return to the same area to dig the pillar there for the quest 'Emerge Again' (lvl65 quest).

Mob quest 20/20/20 (lvl67 quest)
    Kill 20 Taurox Captain, 20 DeadMarch Sori and 20 DeadMarsh Adalwolf

So probably lvl 67 is a good time to start the quests if you want the xp and a first impression on the dungeon.

The rest of the quests/tabs you get at lvl69 and lvl70:
    lvl69 Call: Underworld (1 tab)
    lvl69 Cultivation, mission#4 (kill Resentful Pyrosteosis), no AoE dig pillar in the boss room after you killed it. Tankeble bij 68-69 barb.

To open the door to the last bosses you need to kill a boss in a lake in the dungeon. Barb lvl69 can tank it, no AoE
    lvl70 Call to Duty Underworld (2 tabs)
    lvl70 Into the Wraith's Gate (kill Damned Gaurnob and Cenequus Polearm)
    Both bosses have AoE (2 clerics needed):

Lure both bosses away from the boss room (no need to clear mobs there, I think they will respawn)
    Damned Gaurnob was tankeble by a Hercules lvl73 with 2 veno's healing.

Cenequus Polearm debuffs with armour break: lvl76 barb tanked it (Hercules got owned even with 3 veno's healing it), 2 clerics needed:
    1 purify/barb healing duty (purge fast)
    1 squad heal/barb healing duty
    If possible the barb can use 'Invoke the Spirit' during debuf for survival this gives clerics more room to purify him. Veno's should bring his chi back up asap after (Lending Hand).

2 wines needed to clear the dungeon
    Heavens Tear
    Maliza - 8x veno
    CriticalMary - 6x archer
  • LadyWench - Heavens Tear
    LadyWench - Heavens Tear Posts: 48 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    A few corrections:

as a possible life(and time) -saver...
    Rankar doesn't like being cursed. I had tried to use Soul Degeneration on him and died right after. A lvl 70+ veno also in party said same had happened to her trying to use Amplify Damage. Seems to effect only the curse caster, everyone else in party was fine..
  • Maliza - Heavens Tear
    edited February 2009
    as a possible life(and time) -saver...
    Rankar doesn't like being cursed. I had tried to use Soul Degeneration on him and died right after. A lvl 70+ veno also in party said same had happened to her trying to use Amplify Damage. Seems to effect only the curse caster, everyone else in party was fine..

I have cursed Rankar several times with Amplify Damage/Crush Vigor/Soul Degeneration and got no special treatment of Rankar. What can be the case is you got hit by his close range AoE. This AoE is much stronger, and can 1 hit a robe (depending on stats).
    Heavens Tear
    Maliza - 8x veno
    CriticalMary - 6x archer
  • Shrax - Lost City
    Shrax - Lost City Posts: 16 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    What does the wine do? b:surrender
  • Bobncut - Sanctuary
    Bobncut - Sanctuary Posts: 419 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    What does the wine do? b:surrender

You can give one particular wine to the guy standing at the start of each FB and he will clear out a large portion of the mobs in that instance. The wine is obtained from a vendor in West Archosaur (traded for the listed materials).

@Maliza: When you say that the key quest requires you to exit the dungeon after the second boss, is that to get an instance reset or is that just to get a new quest from someone outside the dungeon (like in FB51)?
  • Maliza - Heavens Tear
    edited February 2009
    @Bobncut
    Not for a reset of the dungeon. It's for a quest update (NPC is not in the dungeon).

Updated my post on page 2 with more info.
    Heavens Tear
    Maliza - 8x veno
    CriticalMary - 6x archer
  • Clovermead - Heavens Tear
    Clovermead - Heavens Tear Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Outta Curiosity

So my fb59 glitches on the last boss...and it fails...I get back just the tab for the last boss...Do I have to run the whole Fb again or am I able to just go straight through the stupid fb to the last boss and start again from there..
  • mbrunestud
    mbrunestud Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    one question, someone in our faction accidentally npc'd the tabs. wut i heard was if u go into the instance and then leave squad, the tabs reappear, can this actually fix the booboo? does it count as u've started the quest if u didnt have the tabs in the first place?

another thing about the last boss fb59. we did it, and were instructed by a high lvl squad member to

tab in when the boss was at 50%
    never use spark at any time

and it went successfully. idk if that helps.
  • Maliza - Heavens Tear
    edited February 2009
    Outta Curiosity

So my fb59 glitches on the last boss...and it fails...I get back just the tab for the last boss...Do I have to run the whole Fb again or am I able to just go straight through the stupid fb to the last boss and start again from there..

If your culti in fb59 is complete (i.e. all bosses updated in questlog) then you don't have to kill the last boss per se. You can pick any boss to tab and kill.
    mbrunestud wrote:
    one question, someone in our faction accidentally npc'd the tabs. wut i heard was if u go into the instance and then leave squad, the tabs reappear, can this actually fix the booboo? does it count as u've started the quest if u didnt have the tabs in the first place?

I'm not sure, but no tab in the start of a dungeon stays no tab... so I don't think he'll get his tabs back. If you fail a inserted tab, then you get it back.
    Heavens Tear
    Maliza - 8x veno
    CriticalMary - 6x archer
  • Elenacostel - Heavens Tear
    Elenacostel - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,822 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    FB69 is probably the most complicated dungeon amongst the first 6, as there are a lot of quests in there and some such. Here are some tips:

- At level 65, you get the following quests (as Maliza had pointed out). Hold off on these until level 67.
    * Key to the Altar (Kill Noxtouch Culler) -> Leave the dungeon -> Emerge Again (obtain Acephalic head from pillar)
    * Secret Plan -> Hu -> Retrieve the Mail (kill Serpentrex)

- At level 67, you get 20/20/20. Find a party; usually there are others that need it, at Whetstone Keep or grinding nearby. Here's how you complete it:
    * Squad composition: You need a Venomancer and Clerics. You also need a tank, but he does not have to be high level unless you are doing the quest bosses as well. I've done the mobs with a level 72 Archer tanking (3 Clerics), another instance with a BladeMaster who needed it done, and another instance with myself (level 69 archer at the time with 1 cleric) as the tank.
    * Because there are not that many of the necessary mobs at the front of the dungeon, it is more efficient to reset the dungeon to get all 20/20/20.
    * Kill the mobs for 20/20/20. It's a 1-way dungeon for a while.
    * At some point, you will see the NPC named "Hu". He is located on the right side of big room. Talk to him for your quest, which is also named "Hu".
    * Keep killing mobs until you reach Serpentrex area.
    * Find as many nearby DeadMarsh Adalwolf, making sure you have killed over 10 of them.
    * If you have a real tank, kill Serpentrex for the "Retrieve the Mail" quest. He can drop a mold, so discuss beforehand how distribution works.
    * If your group is willing, continue forward north from Serpentrex until you hit the Noxtouch Culler. Kill him for the "Key to the Altar" quest. He can drop a mold, so discuss beforehand how distribution works.
    * If you the "Key to the Altar" quest, do NOT reset the dungeon yet. Have someone wait there while the person with the quest goes out to get the next part, "Emerge Again". This person will need to dig at the pillar where the Noxtouch Culler was located.
    * Reset the dungeon.
    *Go back in and finish up 20/20/20.

- At level 68, you will get a quest, "Headless One", that requires you to dig a pillar after the first tabbed boss. Wait until your tabbed run to complete this.

- Do the dungeon at level 70, not 69. This way, you have all 3 tabs, all quests, and you only need to gather the 2 wines once.

- Get the wine; it takes too long otherwise.

- When you do the wined run, remember to complete any outstanding quests you have. See relative portions in 20/20/20, including the one about standing near the Noxtouch Culler pillar so that you can return to dig the pillar.

- Don't forget to dig the pillar after the 1st boss.

- If you are helping others do their FB69, please make sure they have all of the quests and such.

- When fighting the underwater turtle boss thingy, you only deal half damage if you are not underwater.

- When you fight the last two bosses, lure each out to the lake area. If things go bad, everyone can dive into the water. This increases your survivability. It is still possible for the boss to hit you with his AoE and crit, but nonethelss you have a much greater chance of not dying.

- Make sure your inventory has a lot of room if you plan on killing all of the bosses. There are three tabbed bosses, Serpentrex, Noxious Culler, and the lake turtle boss thingy. With 6 bosses, you (the tabber) have an opportunity to gain a lot of drops. The groups I have been with for my own tabbed run, as well as others, are usually willing to kill all bosses.
  • Maliza - Heavens Tear
    edited March 2009
    I recently noticed Noxtouch Culler in FB69 used another AoE spell besides its AoE poison: AoE slow casting (no damage AoE).

Needless to say purify healing clerics first then the barb or if a pet is tanking, first the veno that's healing the pet.

Anyone know whats up with unwined fb79 and 'pop-up mobs'? Was helping a faction member with 20/20/20 there, but died too often cause of these pop-up mobs (fighting 1 mob, then suddenly there are 3-4 additional mage mobs, wich dont show on the mini map before they spawn).

In the wined fb79 i didn't notice those.
    Heavens Tear
    Maliza - 8x veno
    CriticalMary - 6x archer
  • lapengo
    lapengo Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    Here's a Question:

Doing FB19, 29, and 39 with some friends.
    Tabs and all.
    Didn't get a single drop from any boss.
    Normal?
  • Dimiter - Lost City
    Dimiter - Lost City Posts: 150 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    lapengo wrote: »
    Here's a Question:

Doing FB19, 29, and 39 with some friends.
    Tabs and all.
    Didn't get a single drop from any boss.
    Normal?

Absolutely. I've done about 40 FBs and have seen items drop just 5-10 times. Molds are even more rare, I've seen them drop only twice.
  • Reardon - Heavens Tear
    Reardon - Heavens Tear Posts: 24 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Absolutely. I've done about 40 FBs and have seen items drop just 5-10 times. Molds are even more rare, I've seen them drop only twice.

When I went through FB59, I had a party with an average level of 70 and had lots of items drop through out the FB, including lvl 5 darkness stamp and a 3 star item.

On a FB39 run, the party I was in had an average level of 54 and had a mold drop.

On a FB19 run, the average level of the party was 45 and had a mold drop.

I would say that if the average level of the party is within 16 of the level of the FB, you should get a good amount of drops as well as a good quality of the drops.

The times that the average level greatly exceeded the level of the FB, the drops were coins about 90% or more of the time. And the few not coin drops were hardly worth mentioning.
    The One and Only Copper Commando Barbarian b:victory
  • gundameister00
    gundameister00 Posts: 63 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    One question, whats up with the mobs when use the wines, more direct, whats up with the drops of these mobs, disapeir or all drops keep in the same place of a mob killed ......
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    I will change the world..........