Clerics are the best because..

Comments

• jemima
    jemima Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Forp, your argument makes no sense here...

the only difference b/n lvl 1 purify and lvl 10 purify is the casting range and the cooldown time. Otherwise, it does the exact same thing no matter what level it is. If he could do it with a higher lvl Purify, then he could do it with lvl 1 purify just the same. So you go ahead and waste SP lvling Purify... I'll save mine for something more useful than lvl 2+ Purify.

Also, your assumption as to the # of HP a lvl 40 cleric has is simply that... an assumption. And it's a bad one (<1000? Seriously?!)... I'm a full mag arcane build and I already have over 965Hp at lvl 33. I'm going to add a couple stones and bump that over 1000 in a couple days as well... probably before I hit lvl 35.

Based on the fact that you're making bad assumptions and then simply not understanding how a mundane skill like Purify works at different lvls...Yeah, that alone kills any arguments you are trying to make.
    The argument makes a large amount of sense, as soon as you realise that...wait for it...monsters can cast debuffs on you again! Shock horror!

I really shouldn't need to explain why being able to remove debuffs sooner, instead of waiting 12 seconds is a good thing ><.

I get that a lot of the time, especially at lower levels you're fine with just 1 level of it, mainly for poison and stuff, but if you feel like soloing bosses like Mantavip without a huge level advantage...
  • Mikel_oru - Sanctuary
    Mikel_oru - Sanctuary Posts: 610 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    No class can solo bosses of their own lvl, that won't change - it must not change, also all classes can solo bosses that are 20 lvls below, that won't change - it doesn't need to change.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • MoodyFlame - Lost City
    MoodyFlame - Lost City Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    No class can solo bosses of their own lvl, that won't change - it must not change, also all classes can solo bosses that are 20 lvls below, that won't change - it doesn't need to change.

I agree, but not all bosses can be solo'd by a class 20 levels higher.
    You dont see Jewelscalen being solo'd by level 70's :P
    - b:angry -

b:shocked
  • Mysticlifex - Heavens Tear
    Mysticlifex - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,175 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Really goes back to the person behind the keyboard doesnt it lol
    LA clerics would have a harder time with magic mobs but easier with physical
    Robed have easier time with magic and harder with physical

A level 40 CAN solo dismal believe me, try it all you need to do is pure Dismal to the hall to the left so the lieutenats don't agro ya.

Side Note: I can solo Emeral Qingfu fu (Super hard level 1 mob)
    We're MysticAve my name is not Dave
    (Poem in the making - Shall be epic)
  • Ermosa - Heavens Tear
    Ermosa - Heavens Tear Posts: 292 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    "lol, ermosa we used to be friends how sad you are so lame..."
    i dun remember being friends with 14 years old c0cky teen, ty

"seriously if anything in a forum based on a -game- offends you so much maybe you need to go see a professional"
    were i said something offends me?

"You were the one that told me clerics sucked ermosa I only proved you wrong"
    i never said clerics sucks, bet i don't think they are BEST class in game

"when I was level 1 you gave me a support cleric build"
    i never give one build, i gave pure and hybrid, was up to you to choose

"Just like you gave my archer a **** build"
    same, gave you pure and hybrid build, was up to you to choose

"Maybe when someone does something good you should say *good job* instead of running your mouth to other ppls behind someones back?"
    when u tell me 100 times in day that u soloed boss what u have totally outlvled, im supposed to say 'good job' all the time? no thanks. about who i have anything bad behind his back? if i think someone suck then i have no problems to tell him that too. i have no reason to hide my opinion

"god ermosa becomes more obviouse why you were demoted from director in old faction ^.^"
    i got demoted because dema wanted his girlfriend to be director, not because i did something wrong, btw she got demoted in second day, dema admited it was mistake and left his guild because of that, so how its obvious that i got demoted? learn some facts before talk ****

"ermosa,
    Since level 47 *when you told me clerics can't solo and that clerics sucked* I only tried to prove ya wrong now I think I have and you no longer feel umm how to put it "superior" to me or something like that?

:-)"
    really, clerics are not the best solo class, if you can solo bosses what you have totally overlvled and feel so proud and c0cky then maybe you should check doctor?
    just because you can solo some magic dmg dealing bosses doesn't make your class so uber cool, idiot
  • Forp - Heavens Tear
    Forp - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,445 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Really goes back to the person behind the keyboard doesnt it lol
    it goes back to the skills the person is willing to level. at level 5 purify, maybe you can do what you claim, but no less.
    LA clerics would have a harder time with magic mobs but easier with physical
    really? i had no idea, thank you caption obvious. but you're forgetting, a la cleric can also equip robes, they're dynamic like that, they just lack in the attack force.
    Robed have easier time with magic and harder with physical
    robe uses are often full mag, giving them a huge mp pool, giving them plenty of mp to use plume shell efficiently. for 20 seconds, they out-tank a barb.
    A level 40 CAN solo dismal believe me, try it all you need to do is pure Dismal to the hall to the left so the lieutenats don't agro ya.
    a level 40 will spend no less than 30 mins to an hour soloing it. why? the poison stacks very quickly, the flaw? you have level 8 iron heart, but level 1 purify. low level buffs because you don't know how to use your spirit, so the magic defense+your low res is trash anyways. by time that 12 seconds is up and you can purify again he's hitting no less than 1/5 of your hp per tick, and your iron heart wont be able to keep up with it unless you totally stop attacking for a good 4-6 seconds.
    Side Note: I can solo Emeral Qingfu fu (Super hard level 1 mob)
    good for you, now go solo dimentoria.
  • Forp - Heavens Tear
    edited February 2009
    20090220045532rv6.png
  • Ermosa - Heavens Tear
    Ermosa - Heavens Tear Posts: 292 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    b:chuckle b:chuckle b:chuckle
    4 heals 1 att
    it will take more than hour, that boss also regen his hp
  • Nelae - Heavens Tear
    Nelae - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,490 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Solo D Shade at lv 40 possible yes, risky and easy to die in 98% cause the time it takes and the adds around it that spawn and hit you hard, specially the tomb stone mob.
    But ppl have soloed it, nothing good ever happened no drops and only left with the bill of a new mp charm or 2days of herb collecting for powders >.<
    b:dirty
  • Imuretay - Heavens Tear
    Imuretay - Heavens Tear Posts: 62 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    jemima wrote: »
    The argument makes a large amount of sense, as soon as you realise that...wait for it...monsters can cast debuffs on you again! Shock horror!

I really shouldn't need to explain why being able to remove debuffs sooner, instead of waiting 12 seconds is a good thing ><.

I get that a lot of the time, especially at lower levels you're fine with just 1 level of it, mainly for poison and stuff, but if you feel like soloing bosses like Mantavip without a huge level advantage...

I have to disagree... think about it for a moment... yes, monsters can cast a debuff (or whatever else) on you again. However, you will be casting other spells as well... you're not going to sit there and cast Purify over and over. During the 12 second cooldown, you'll be doing other things than simply waiting 12 seconds to cast Purify again.

You're correct, the quicker you can remove debuffs, etc the better, but for the sake of this argument, that is not the issue.

Lvl 3 Purify which is the highest anyone can have at lvl 40 or 42... I don't remember now (sheesh... is it really worth arguing at this point?)... anyway, lvl 3 is still a 10 second cooldown. Lvl 5 that Forp mentions is still 8 seconds. An improvement, but is it worth it while you're in your 40's?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • pantheraonca
    pantheraonca Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    and the best part is, we can fly forever! (unlike archers who can only fly for a short time)
  • Forp - Heavens Tear
    edited February 2009
    I have to disagree... think about it for a moment... yes, monsters can cast a debuff (or whatever else) on you again. However, you will be casting other spells as well... you're not going to sit there and cast Purify over and over. During the 12 second cooldown, you'll be doing other things than simply waiting 12 seconds to cast Purify again.

You're correct, the quicker you can remove debuffs, etc the better, but for the sake of this argument, that is not the issue.

Lvl 3 Purify which is the highest anyone can have at lvl 40 or 42... I don't remember now (sheesh... is it really worth arguing at this point?)... anyway, lvl 3 is still a 10 second cooldown. Lvl 5 that Forp mentions is still 8 seconds. An improvement, but is it worth it while you're in your 40's?

through those 12 seconds you're waiting for the purify to cool down, dismal would have stacked anywhere from 200 to 600 damage on a level 40. mantavip, assuming he debuffs you again after you purify, will be hitting 500~ on your measly hp at level 65. now hush, let people with experience do the talking.
  • fuzzles
    fuzzles Posts: 628 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    and the best part is, we can fly forever! (unlike archers who can only fly for a short time)

That's a huge advantage!

...until level 30.
    Everyone here is ridiculously oversensitive.
    edited February 2009
    Dismal never stacks more than 300 damage then I purify have you been around bloodraged cadaver lately forp? he lowers your wood resistance.
  • Enina - Heavens Tear
    Enina - Heavens Tear Posts: 263 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Purify, a higher level one, is definitely needed. Especially if you're the only cleric, and you encounter one of those nifty AoE debuffs that Poisons or Mana Drains your entire party... Sure, you CAN make do with a level 1 purify, but I personally prefer to get the debuff off as quick as possible to damage control, and so I don't have to spam Ironheart instead of attacking just to stay alive.
    edited February 2009
    A mob that you would need to purify more than every 12 seconds well, you would probably use more than 1 cleric
  • Baobhansidhe - Heavens Tear
    Baobhansidhe - Heavens Tear Posts: 36 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    You all forgot an important point : Clerics are the Hotness Incarnate
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Rundora - Lost City_1243871147
    Rundora - Lost City_1243871147 Posts: 378 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    You all forgot an important point : Clerics are the Hotness Incarnate

Your signature reminds me of Shaye's old one.
  • jumboboy
    jumboboy Posts: 13 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    We Also Hit the Highest With Our General Attack Plume Shot.
    b:cool I Dont Smoke The Reeferb:surrender

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    b:flower
  • staton
    staton Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Im still downloading the game...but I think im going to be a cleric :)
  • Forp - Heavens Tear
    edited February 2009
    Dismal never stacks more than 300 damage then I purify have you been around bloodraged cadaver lately forp? he lowers your wood resistance.

we're comparing bosses to elites now? dismal stacked well over 400 on my wizard at level 40 with only a few hits of his poison. luckily for the squad, the cleric was a good friend of mine. she maxed her purify, she knew the importance of it. the entire team got out ok, no deaths, she ended up just soloing it for us(i was trying to be useful and being the dd i was meant to be as a wizard =\).

you, on the other hand, think you can take that much damage at level 40 for 12 seconds. good luck. it would take anywhere between 2-3 ironhearts to just keep up with 400 damage. waiting 12 seconds? that's just suicide.
  • Specgoesemo - Lost City
    Specgoesemo - Lost City Posts: 275 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Clerics suck. They are overly expensive to play when you are in an active PvP environment, and are completely useless in PvP AND PvE if they don't have BOTH heiros at higher levels. You use the most heiro out of all the classes to do anything [don't say wb's you a lot of hp heiro in PvE because they shouldn't if the cleric is any good]. Unlike the other classes, except mage, you are REQUIRED to use an mp heiro in everything you do because without it you are worthless [unless you are a **** cleric that likes to waste the tanks heiro by under healing him to conserve mana].

All in all. Roll veno. **** clerics.
    edited February 2009
    we're comparing bosses to elites now? dismal stacked well over 400 on my wizard at level 40 with only a few hits of his poison. luckily for the squad, the cleric was a good friend of mine. she maxed her purify, she knew the importance of it. the entire team got out ok, no deaths, she ended up just soloing it for us(i was trying to be useful and being the dd i was meant to be as a wizard =\).

you, on the other hand, think you can take that much damage at level 40 for 12 seconds. good luck. it would take anywhere between 2-3 ironhearts to just keep up with 400 damage. waiting 12 seconds? that's just suicide.

thats like...MAYBE 1 ironheart from a 7x cleric...
    edited February 2009
    through those 12 seconds you're waiting for the purify to cool down, dismal would have stacked anywhere from 200 to 600 damage on a level 40. mantavip, assuming he debuffs you again after you purify, will be hitting 500~ on your measly hp at level 65. now hush, let people with experience do the talking.

For someone telling people to let thosewith experience do the talking, you seem very inexperienced. In the cooldown of a low level purify, do you seriously think a cleric will just stand there and do nothing like an idiot? No, they will be casting Ironheart which QUICKLY out heals Dismal's poison. I never understood why people have such a hard time with Dismal. When I first got the quest, I did it with a bunch of other first timers. We went in there...and we killed him...and I couldn't figure out what the big deal was with this boss. Purify => Ironheart spam....rinse repeat... If that's some crazy revelation to you then you really shouldn't be playing a cleric...
    Forp, your argument makes no sense here...

the only difference b/n lvl 1 purify and lvl 10 purify is the casting range and the cooldown time. Otherwise, it does the exact same thing no matter what level it is. If he could do it with a higher lvl Purify, then he could do it with lvl 1 purify just the same. So you go ahead and waste SP lvling Purify... I'll save mine for something more useful than lvl 2+ Purify.

Level your purify, it'll save you the embarassment of telling your fb69 group how **** of a cleric you are if you don't.
    edited February 2009
    Level your purify, it'll save you the embarassment of telling your fb69 group how **** of a cleric you are if you don't.

At that point, lvling purify won't be at the expense of SO many more important skills and will be much "easier" to level. Right now though, there are too many other important skills to level. And... we were talking about soloing lower lvl bosses... not PvP, TW, HH or FB69.

Personally, I don't care if Mystic can solo Dismal, bloodraged cadaver or whoever else he wants to waste time trying to solo. I was simply tired of Forp pontificating against anyone who dares disagree with him so I called him on his weak arguments and bad assumptions.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Cosmos - Heavens Tear
    Cosmos - Heavens Tear Posts: 101 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    clerics Suck. They Are Overly Expensive To Play When You Are In An Active Pvp Environment, And Are Completely Useless In Pvp And Pve If They Don't Have Both Heiros At Higher Levels. You Use The Most Heiro Out Of All The Classes To Do Anything [don't Say Wb's You A Lot Of Hp Heiro In Pve Because They Shouldn't If The Cleric Is Any Good]. Unlike The Other Classes, Except Mage, You Are Required To Use An Mp Heiro In Everything You Do Because Without It You Are Worthless [unless You Are A **** Cleric That Likes To Waste The Tanks Heiro By Under Healing Him To Conserve Mana].

All In All. Roll Veno. **** Clerics.

+1 .
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited February 2009
    Clerics suck. They are overly expensive to play when you are in an active PvP environment, and are completely useless in PvP AND PvE if they don't have BOTH heiros at higher levels. You use the most heiro out of all the classes to do anything [don't say wb's you a lot of hp heiro in PvE because they shouldn't if the cleric is any good]. Unlike the other classes, except mage, you are REQUIRED to use an mp heiro in everything you do because without it you are worthless [unless you are a **** cleric that likes to waste the tanks heiro by under healing him to conserve mana].

Hmmm... I wonder how far you'd get without clerics.

Heck, I think even Mystic, Forp and I would ALL agree on this one...scary thought, that! ;)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Tyndareus - Sanctuary
    Tyndareus - Sanctuary Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    i agree they also are healers so they can help heal squad/faction members
  • Nora - Lost City
    Nora - Lost City Posts: 26 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    If you were doing Krimson I'm sure you would need more than 1 cleric :-)

No, one cleric is fine. It depends on the cleric's purify lvl b:surrender
  • Nora - Lost City
    Nora - Lost City Posts: 26 Arc User
    edited February 2009

I agree, clerics are overly expensive, but someone needs to be there to revive a dead veno b:shockedb:laugh