Zen, Gold, and Silver

brutok
brutok Posts: 1 Arc User
edited August 2009 in Cash Shop Huddle
I'm a bit confused, in the charge shop it's listed as zen, but in game it's shown as gold, and silver. So how much zen = 1 gold?
Post edited by brutok on

Comments

• gattsuru
    gattsuru Posts: 3,184 Arc User
    edited November 2008
    Zen is the currency you can buy with real money. It doesn't actually exist in-game, just in your wallet here. For most purchases, 1 United States Dollar = 100 Zen, although larger purchases often include bonus zen on top of that.

Gold and Silver are the currency used for Cash Shop items. Gold can be purchased from other players through the Auctioneer for coins, or bought by transfering Zen to a server on the Transfer Zen part of this page. 100 Zen = 100 Silver = 1 Gold.

The difference in names is to make it clear that Gold and Silver can not be transfered by the player back to your wallet, or between servers, once awarded.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Shaneekwa - Sanctuary
    Shaneekwa - Sanctuary Posts: 53 Arc User
    edited November 2008
    So are you saying that I could purchase gold with my credit card then transfer my purchase to my server then in game I could convert my gold to zen so I could use it in game without the use of the shop if I wanted?

If so could you explain the process for doing this. What npc I would talk to etc...
  • Psynopsis - Heavens Tear
    Psynopsis - Heavens Tear Posts: 115 Arc User
    edited November 2008
    No, that's all wrong...

1. Go to http://billing.perfectworld.com/ and login with your usual game login.
    2. Click on the "Charge ZEN" tab.
    3. Choose method and amount of payment. (Keep in mind that US$1 = 100 ZEN.)
    4. Send in your payment if required.
    5. When PWE receives your payment, they will credit you with the equivalent ZEN to your wallet.
    6. Select the server you want to transfer your ZEN to and select the amount. (100 ZEN = 1 gold)
    7. Enjoy the cash shop!
  • Akaisora - Heavens Tear
    Akaisora - Heavens Tear Posts: 18 Arc User
    edited November 2008
    So are you saying that I could purchase gold with my credit card then transfer my purchase to my server then in game I could convert my gold to zen so I could use it in game without the use of the shop if I wanted?

If so could you explain the process for doing this. What npc I would talk to etc...

1) Yes, you can purchase Zen with your credit card.

2) Zen can then be converted into gold. (Gold is the currency to purchase cash shop items)
    >> Rates are as:
    1 USD = 100 Zen
    100 Zen = 100 Silver
    100 Silver = 1 Gold

3) Zen which you have purchased from charging Zen CAN ONLY be converted into gold by following this link which gattsuru mentioned: https://billing.perfectworld.com/account/wallet#transfer

4) After converting your Zen into Gold, you can then log into the game to purchase your cash shop items.

5) Gold however CANNOT be converted back into Zen. (Not that I know of)

I hope this clears up any questions you had or gives you a clearer picture of the whole Zen, Silver and Gold thingy...
    moo?
    *wobbles abit*
  • godithnightwind
    godithnightwind Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited December 2008
    i bought a bunch of zen and transfered it to the server, but i still can't buy anything in the cash shop. what's going on?
  • aryannamage
    aryannamage Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2008
    Have you tried relogging after transferring the zen to the server you wanted? If you have done and it is still not there please send a ticket to Costumer Support.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Myai - Heavens Tear
    Myai - Heavens Tear Posts: 163 Arc User
    edited December 2008
    Well, make sure you put it into your server first, or else it's still ZEN, not gold/silver. I had troubles getting gold, but it'll work out if you follow the instructions here just as it says ^^ https://billing.perfectworld.com/home/how
  • pyroking
    pyroking Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    wat do u do with the zen after buying some r u able to buy better stuff like pets and wat not? ......im only lv 16
  • gattsuru
    gattsuru Posts: 3,184 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    Zen can be transfered to the servers, after which it becomes Gold and Silver. These currencies can be used to purchase Item Mall items, ranging from the entirely costmetic clothing, to crafting materials, to aerocraft or mounts, or even sold to other players for coins. A guide with many of the items listed can be found here, although I don't believe it's updated as quickly as the in-game mall can be.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • rokua
    rokua Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Is it 100 zen = 100 silver = 1 gold? how do you transfer it or whatever you said. Because im going to buy zen when the cellphone thing is out and I need to know how to transfer it :P
  • SapphireElf - Sanctuary
    SapphireElf - Sanctuary Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    I guess its a new thing but before the transfer zen page has the game card payment option with like $10.00 and $20.00 that we could choose from..well now its only $10.00 and all we can buy is $20.00 cards...so my question is if i put my $20 card in and it takes out $10 will the other $10 still be there or disappear?
  • jethrojack
    jethrojack Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    I need to choose a server but i dont see WHERE i can choose the server please help
  • eatwithspoons
    eatwithspoons Posts: 54 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    please check the post dates on topics, threads older than a month should not be resurrected. To answer your question though, click the game first and then a server list will be shown to you
This discussion has been closed.