2 noobish questions

Hammerclaw - Sanctuary
Hammerclaw - Sanctuary Posts: 34 Arc User
edited February 2009 in Venomancer
1.How do you pull with a pet? I think I know, but I'm not sure, and I figured it would be best to find out before I did my fb.

2.how do you set pets to attack without useing skills? I know you can, but for the life of me, I can't figure it out.
Post edited by Hammerclaw - Sanctuary on

Comments

• andracil
    andracil Posts: 2,949 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    1) Summon, attack, unsummon, summon. If your pet did a hit, the monster will come after you. When placed properly, you shouldn't be getting hit, as your pet will be summoned again, so you can have it attack to take aggro right away.
    2) Rightclick the skill it has on autocast to disable that autocast.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Hammerclaw - Sanctuary
    Hammerclaw - Sanctuary Posts: 34 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Thank you. I thought pulling was attacking then calling the pet back to you. Good to get that cleared up.
  • OMGLAZERZ - Heavens Tear
    OMGLAZERZ - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,327 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Thank you. I thought pulling was attacking then calling the pet back to you. Good to get that cleared up.

That can work on mobs that won't chain pull, but you'd have to keep the pet on Defensive and use a lower attack spell like Blazing Scarab, and then manually have the pet attack, but it's more complicated.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Naku - Lost City
    Naku - Lost City Posts: 70 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Answer for 1: the safe way to do it for me is to summon your pet, and let it attack only then unsummon right after. summon it again depends if you are soloing or party pulling.
    Answer for 2: alt+1~4 or 5 can't remember for the attack and skills of your pet.
  • wyrde
    wyrde Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Alt+1 is to attack with no skills, alt+2 and up is to attack with the corresponding skill (so the pet's second skill would be alt+3).

-w
  • Just_cool - Lost City
    Just_cool - Lost City Posts: 372 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    IGN: JusT_CooL
    Server: Lost City
    Guild: ex-Conqueror

Follow the example of good GMing :D
    [SIGPIC]http://photos1.hi5.com/0044/475/618/k97TDv475618-02.jpg[/SIGPIC]