Trying a new class on the new servers?

Prewancker - Lost City
Prewancker - Lost City Posts: 59 Arc User
edited February 2009 in General Discussion
Hey, I just wanted to see how many people would play a new class on the new servers and why. I'm an archer on LC right now and I'm lovin' it, so I'll probably stick with it on HL. Vote and respond PEE EL ZEE.
Post edited by Prewancker - Lost City on

Comments

• Powermind - Lost City
    Powermind - Lost City Posts: 49 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    I love being a mage, but im gonna roll a veno to make some cash then build a mage as my main agian.
  • Demodude - Sanctuary
    Demodude - Sanctuary Posts: 90 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    im staying blademaster, cause ill just try a different skill tree. that changes the game a lot in my opinion
    demodude-BM level 4x (currently 44)-TheRomans executor
    barb-being made soon (what preset should i make? i think im going panda)
    TheRomans guild recruiting 40+ any class pm me or SRAFF in game
  • Desangel - Sanctuary
    Desangel - Sanctuary Posts: 28 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Hey, I just wanted to see how many people would play a new class on the new servers and why. I'm an archer on LC right now and I'm lovin' it, so I'll probably stick with it on HL. Vote and respond PEE EL ZEE.

I'm a veno and I'm thinking about making an archer, how are they?
  • Prewancker - Lost City
    edited February 2009
    Very versatile.

PVE: In the lower levels, you'll have trouble killing mobs before they can get to you, so you might be sick with taking more damage than you thought you should have to. Or you may be forced to kite excessively. But as you level up your skills that are designed to keep mobs away from you, grinding and questing will be a breeze. Also, with the right use of Winged Shell and non-chi-using or chi-building shots, you can literally grind without using any potions. This is what I've been doing with Foxwing Supremes since level 57.

PVP: The fact that you have both physical damage and magical damage at your disposal is extremely formidable. Add stun, crit, insane evasion, Winged Shell, and Wings of Grace to that combination and you won't be easy for any class to kill.

I forgot to add, I see a lot of archers spamming skills while grinding. This will be VERY costly on your part. I personally use the Frost Arrow -> normal, normal, etc. -> Knockback -> normal, etc -> (Winged Pledge) combo and it has not failed me yet.
  • Aerilius - Heavens Tear
    Aerilius - Heavens Tear Posts: 111 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Archers are incredibly good for killing individual mobs, and incredibly bad at anything stronger.

If I try anything new, it will be on the same server, in case I decide to take it seriously. Would want to help my faction out.
  • bobzilla21
    bobzilla21 Posts: 694 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Archers will epicly fail if they try solo elites and bosses They're good for pretty much everything else though. They're good at PKing, but if the opponent gets too close to you, you're pretty much screwed. At least at lower levels, I'm not sure about higher levels.
    I figured I should do something with my sig, so I made this for fun. My very first (poorly made) animation. b:victory
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    As for why Luffy is murdering Naruto, I have no idea either, but it looks cool.b:laugh
  • Ferretmaster - Heavens Tear
    Ferretmaster - Heavens Tear Posts: 15 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    im a mage veno but i might try melee but don't think i'm switch servers b/c i don't live in the area of the servers
  • Lessie - Lost City
    Lessie - Lost City Posts: 917 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    I may try a mage or cleric, a class that actually parties instead of soloing everything b:cry
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ^^ Made by Saitada ^^

Dieho: I win 15 on 1, I roll all of your guild to sz all by myself !
    Lessie: Proof?
    Dieho: I dont have any, but my word is more than enough.
    Lessie: Well I won 33 on 1 the other day :D
    b:cute
  • Prewancker - Lost City
    edited February 2009
    Lol. Be a cleric, you'll be wanted in every single party EVER. My level 55 cleric friend gets asked on TT runs all the time.