Endgame archer vs. wizard

Options
affluent
affluent Posts: 4 Arc User
edited March 2009 in Arigora Colosseum
hi all
i played both classes to around 30-40 and was wondering which one had a better endgame (90+).

Before that, archers are better at pking (correct me if i'm wrong). However, i read some forum posts that said archers start falling behind at latter levels, while wizards become one of the most powerful endgame characters.

thank.b:laugh
Post edited by affluent on

Comments

• hysteriumx
    hysteriumx Posts: 94 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options
    affluent wrote: »
    hi all
    i played both classes to around 30-40 and was wondering which one had a better endgame (90+).

Before that, archers are better at pking (correct me if i'm wrong). However, i read some forum posts that said archers start falling behind at latter levels, while wizards become one of the most powerful endgame characters.

nah lol, both are good endgame. getting there is alot harder with a wizard though.
  • Lirgorn - Heavens Tear
    Lirgorn - Heavens Tear Posts: 63 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options
    hysteriumx wrote: »
    nah lol, both are good endgame. getting there is alot harder with a wizard though.

QFT

If your gona play for PvP archer is gona be alot easyer and probably enjoyable.

PvE not much difference from what i seen, archer got a bit more surviability.

Archer all the way for me on the new PvP server!
    Currently playing:
    Lirgorn - Heavens Tear - Lv.7X Wiz - Elysium
    Akkari - Lost City - Lv.4X Archer - Guildless (as of 19/02/09)

Rolling Harshlands upon release! Archer all the way!
    Rule34!

Give a man a fish and he can eat for a day.
    Teach a man to fish and he can promptly forget he ever didnt know and call people "noobs" in the fishing forums.
  • DarkSniper - Lost City
    DarkSniper - Lost City Posts: 1,830 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options
    Archers are better in the lower levels, when you get to endgame they don't fall back, the other classes just catch up.
    The only way to win is to quit. b:bye
  • Shandelzare - Sanctuary
    Shandelzare - Sanctuary Posts: 732 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options
    Archers in the early game are stronger compared to wizards IMO. But endgame, most classes start to balance out.

Keep in mind, often it's not class that determines the outcome but the intelligence of the player. (I'm not denying that there are some classes that are harder to kill tho)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Ren - Lost City
    Ren - Lost City Posts: 355 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options
    Archers in the early game are stronger compared to wizards IMO. But endgame, most classes start to balance out.

Keep in mind, often it's not class that determines the outcome but the intelligence of the player. (I'm not denying that there are some classes that are harder to kill tho)

werebeasts and warriors are completely broken endgame, only thing that can kill either endgame is maybe a mage with lucky crit spam
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Zoe is so full of it, that he must be Karmelia.
  • sirxman13
    sirxman13 Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options
    Well im a lvl 23 archer and it seems venos and wizards have alot of advantages
  • acidstorm
    acidstorm Posts: 22 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options
    Of course it's Archer > Wizard but:

EP is simply better than a MG PvP and PvE wise.

And comparing an EP and EA: they are about the same when it comes to PvP and PvE, though EP makes it better in group PvP.. they still come down to similar if your player either of them properly.
  • TigerLily - Lost City
    TigerLily - Lost City Posts: 1,209 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options
    The one that has military rank 8 at lvl 100 will win. Its not really about class - wiz/archer but who has the best gear/complete lvl 99 skills and highest refine.

If both have military rank 8 weapon +12 and +12 gear i would think the wiz would have a slight advantage since the dmg spikes gets insanely high endgame with 99 skills.

And wiz are btw easier to get from lvl 90 to lvl 100. Majority of ppl getting lvl 100 zhenparty non stop all the way from 90+. And it costs alot less to zhen with a wiz than an archer. Like 70% of the first lvl 100 on MY-EN PW was wizards since they could zhen cheap as dirt non stop. Most archers cant afford it and grinding for 0.6-0.9% per hour do takes time.
  • Llama - Lost City
    Llama - Lost City Posts: 641 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    Options
    affluent wrote: »
    hi all

Depends what you call endgame. For a wiz its not until 99/100 when your gear makes you godlike. 10K Pdef self buffed, 1 hits on everyone so on so forth.

Archers are great 90+, high crits high damage. 99/100 Archer really isn't much different from a well geared 90+ one imo. Granted they are stronger but the difference isn't as obvious to the improvement wiz' go through.

Either way can't go wrong. Early game for mage is tough, you will be squishy and you will die alot. Just stick to it and level fast.
    Hey Elayne. Its illegal to harass underage girls. And CQ won the map without you.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • tr0oll
    tr0oll Posts: 174 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    Options
    A venomancer with a phoenix > all characters.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    IGN: Purified, Harshlands
    I'm the Veno with a phoenix zerging your ****

Signature by Sev