Secret passage

Ninnuam - Sanctuary
Ninnuam - Sanctuary Posts: 1,086 Arc User
edited February 2009 in General Discussion
What's the point of pking there, someone enlighten me please? Idk what's the situation over at HT, but on Sanctuary all the wannabe pkers come to show off their epeens at the secret passage. I mean yeah, every game has it's pk hot spots but the problem with SP is there's a safe zone right at the entrance. Just now I was running a few fb29s, and one of the tabers was white. Needless to say as soon as she stepped out of the safe zone the big bad pkers would kill her. Which is fun I guess, once or twice, but this was borderline griefing, accompanied by the expected gloating when she virtually begged them to let her do the fb after being dropped 10 times in a minute. And yeah, her own fault for turning pk on I know, but let's face it, she's lvl30, you're lvl80 in uber gear. Where's the fun in that honestly? I'd res her, she'd make 2 steps and drop like a pancake all over again. Seeing that was going nowhere, I turned pk mode on, dropped a tempest on the idiot and rather than putting up a fight (he has well over than 10 levels on me) he runs like a little girl right back into the safe zone. Would've killed him too, but his buddy barb ganked me from behind as I was chasing him. Used a res scroll, but he was too chicken to get out of the warm fuzziness of the safe zone so we just went ahead and did the fb.

Now I come from a heavily based pk game where just about everything was fair game. You got pked, you pked back. Couldn't handle it yourself, bring some mates and have some fun. Hell entire 50 man guilds and their allies were duking it out in the open. Ended up rolling PvE however because LC was just too old when I started so I figured I'd settle for some peace and quiet for a change. Starting to think it was a bad call lol. Anyway, I guess my point is, if you feel tough, act tough and take it outside. What's the point in acting almighty while being crimson red yet you're afraid to cross one foot outside the safe zone? Be a man and have a pk fest somewhere out in the open away from safe zones. Even then, if you stock up on some GAs you don't risk loosing anything, which is lame enough in its own right. Firing shots from inside a safe zone is even worse.

</rant>
b:dirty
Post edited by Ninnuam - Sanctuary on

Comments

• Rundora - Lost City_1243871147
    Rundora - Lost City_1243871147 Posts: 378 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    .. being dropped 10 times in a minute.

Lemming detected.

Gotta love people who don't know how to do a U-turn, a barrel roll, anything that takes you away from the spot where you just got killed the last few times.

Seriously though, what is it with people and doing the exact same thing over and over and over and over in the exact same way, hoping to get a different result the next time even though they're quite obviously not going to?
  • Raydoit - Sanctuary
    Raydoit - Sanctuary Posts: 377 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    a barrel roll

lmao!

SP prevents phoenix users thus making it a nice spot to pk. I'm sure there are other reasons as well but thats the best I can come up with.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

See its black and white now. It means I quit! How poetic and stuff.
  • Lirgorn - Heavens Tear
    Lirgorn - Heavens Tear Posts: 63 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    doing the exact same thing over and over and over and over in the exact same way, hoping to get a different result

http://www.brainyquote.com/quotes/quotes/a/alberteins133991.html
    Currently playing:
    Lirgorn - Heavens Tear - Lv.7X Wiz - Elysium
    Akkari - Lost City - Lv.4X Archer - Guildless (as of 19/02/09)

Rolling Harshlands upon release! Archer all the way!
    Rule34!

Give a man a fish and he can eat for a day.
    Teach a man to fish and he can promptly forget he ever didnt know and call people "noobs" in the fishing forums.
  • Ninnuam - Sanctuary
    Ninnuam - Sanctuary Posts: 1,086 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Ya the no nix thing is a good point but still, it kinda comes down to the faster person to run back to safe zone wins and gets to call the other one a noob for not being fast enough to kill him. Oh joy, endless pk fun. Not.
    And her only u-turn was back to orchid temple, running back to SP and being dropped again as soon as she left the first room because the guy was camping there playing the chicken game with a few other people. Or waiting for his mom to yell it's past his bedtime. Mine was to turn pk mode on and chase him back to his little safe corner. Yay for barrel rolls.

Which is the sole reason I brought this point up. Pew pew with a safe zone a click away fails.
    edited February 2009
    And her only u-turn was back to orchid temple, running back to SP and being dropped again as soon as she left the first room...

Did it not occur to either of you that she should stop running out?
  • Shamino - Sanctuary
    Shamino - Sanctuary Posts: 39 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Is there a reason you didnt just tell the low level to use the Illusion stone to teleport directly into the FB? Sure it costs a little bit of coin (3-5k for the Deception Teleport) but it will put them in the instance and the pkers cant touch them.

I tell all white names im running FB's for about the illusion stones as its purpose is to allow them to bypass pkers and reach the FB safely.

The main reason alot of pkers use the secret passage is that its an instance that blocks flying and also reduces jump height (as most pkers cant handle 3d battles apparently). The added plus of blocking pheonixes also exists but secret passage pking predated the nix.

I personally dont see the point of going into PvP mode on a PvE server if I want to pk ill join a PvP server and level a guy there other than that ill stick to TW's and dragon temple for pking fun.
  • CeliaZ - Sanctuary
    CeliaZ - Sanctuary Posts: 901 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Is there a reason you didnt just tell the low level to use the Illusion stone to teleport directly into the FB? Sure it costs a little bit of coin (3-5k for the Deception Teleport) but it will put them in the instance and the pkers cant touch them.
    You must have been in fb29 once to use that stone. If it was her first fb29 ever, she could not use that stone.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Nelae - Heavens Tear
    Nelae - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,490 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    You must have been in fb29 once to use that stone. If it was her first fb29 ever, she could not use that stone.

not true, i used that for my fb51, was lazy to fly there...and i didnt set foot on fb51 before that.
  • Ayano-chan - Sanctuary
    Ayano-chan - Sanctuary Posts: 575 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    I'm utterly dissapointed of the pking on this server(happily waiting for new pvp server b:victory) and this is because the limited brain use of allot of the so-called,wanna-be pkers on sanctuary.
    While there are quite a decent numbers of pkers ,it's like the whole map is limited to 1 pk spot = sp, lol. Now there are 2 types of pkers on sanctuary:

1)-the guys who go to sp(yet are bored of it since every day it's say spot on a whole map) because they want some pk action and they can't find it anywere else. And yes I'm 1 of those unfortunately.
    2)-the guys who actually want the pking to go on in sp and try to get as much ppl there as possible.

Now my personal opinion of the option 2) ppl is that they are wanna-be pkers that can't use they'r brain to devise strategies for fighting that involves jumping or flying which is the normal as I see it fit to use everything you can in pk and not be limited.
    As for the venos not using the flaming chicken in sp yes,that may be a reason and I don't mind trying a non-jump/flying spot from times to times but it's just that I've started pking here at 52 ; I've mostly been pking in sp ALLOT for quite some time,I'm totally bored of it and so are some other ppl.I've discovered that pking outside were you aren't limited and can use different fighting strategies is allot more fun and exciting.I hate phoenix too but giving up on outside pk fun because of that just won't do.
    Me and some friends are trying to make ppl understand that ,we can be allot better than limiting ourselfs to 1 pk spot even tho' it seem's very hard to actually make ppl understand why, as most like it the easy way....hell why should they stress they'r brains in a more fun and exciting fight(no wonder NWO looses so easy in TWs since it involves non-limited fighting of air/ground combinations). Just my 2 cents

BTW:I've stopped caring about this matter now since the new servers will be up soon,and I'm definetly moving to the new pvp server.Have fun pkers of sanctuary in your cozy little sp room while we'll have the whole map as a battle zone b:chuckle

PS:looking for devoted person as a guild leader with experience that wants to move from sanc to Harshlands new pvp server and make a guild there as well as other ppl who will move,I'd make a guild myself,but I can't be anything more than member/ex,I'm too much of a slacker:P ,pls PM me all who are coming and wanna team up.
  • Specgoesemo - Lost City
    Specgoesemo - Lost City Posts: 275 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Gotta love people who don't know how to do a U-turn, a barrel roll, anything that takes you away from the spot where you just got killed the last few times.

I don't know about you, but I prefer the Immelman turn.
  • Vixentriel - Heavens Tear
    Vixentriel - Heavens Tear Posts: 46 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    I second the topic creator.

Its majory sad to see lvl 80 pk lvl 30-32 that need fb 29.

Anyways, Dont put pk on, and i would advice setting up a catshop, during that tiem of pk
  • FionaCattail - Sanctuary
    FionaCattail - Sanctuary Posts: 405 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    from what I've seen.. most of the PKers on Sanctuary are all-in-all chicken.. they goto SP because 1, there are lots of places to hide and phoenixes can't be used.. and 2, because the mobs there can't really hurt them

if they want to pk in an instance because of the unfairness of phoenixes, I can understand.. but why not do it on Nightscream Island.. why? because they are afraid that the mobs in the area will end up killing them before they get pk'd or pk someone else.

Personally.. as Sanctuary is supposed to be a non-pk server.. I think the pk option should be disabled totally.. then they would either have to play like the rest of us of the people, or goto a pk server and start over
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    We could all learn a lot from crayons, some are sharp, some are pretty, some are dull, some have weird names (like chartreuse), and all are different colors....BUT they ALL exist very nicely in the same box!
  • Bobncut - Sanctuary
    Bobncut - Sanctuary Posts: 419 Arc User
    edited February 2009

The Immelman is nice, but the loss of momentum leaves your tailpipe quite exposed.

And, SP has been the focal point of PK gang fights in Sanctuary longer than the Phoenix has been around. It has simply become the known spot for finding some random PK diversion. Since it is also conveniently located, it is hard to imagine any other spot displacing it in this role.
  • Defected - Heavens Tear
    Defected - Heavens Tear Posts: 637 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    I used to hate the secret passage, until I realized that it is damn good fun.

It is pretty crappy for "true pk" where anything goes. Killing lowbies who are brave enough to turn white is pretty boring.

Where SP really shines, is actual team battles. A good 4 on 4, 5 on 5, 6 on 6, or in most cases, 4 vs 8. b:chuckle

One team is in the safe zone as offense, the other team outside the safe zone as defense. The offensive team has it harder, but has the advantage of attacking at any time. They can wait for the other team to be busy killing some annoying level 30 mob and then blitz. If your team is uncoordinated, you will lose. It does not matter what side, what levels, nor how many more squadmates you have than the other team. You WILL fail if you don't work together.

SP = team building exercises, without flight variables. It's also fun to fight outside of the SP in the same style. Don't let one team enter the SP from Orchid Temple.

As mentioned, it is where the pks flock to. It's a lot faster to find a fight there than anywhere else.

Free tip: For those safe zone glitchers/huggers. Target them and keep them targeted. Watch them on your minimap. When they get close enough to be out of safe zone, stun them and go nuts.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Changed my mind. Permanently Retired - Only here to troll.
  • MistresShade - Sanctuary
    MistresShade - Sanctuary Posts: 94 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    from what I've seen.. most of the PKers on Sanctuary are all-in-all chicken.. they goto SP because 1, there are lots of places to hide and phoenixes can't be used.. and 2, because the mobs there can't really hurt them

if they want to pk in an instance because of the unfairness of phoenixes, I can understand.. but why not do it on Nightscream Island.. why? because they are afraid that the mobs in the area will end up killing them before they get pk'd or pk someone else.

Personally.. as Sanctuary is supposed to be a non-pk server.. I think the pk option should be disabled totally.. then they would either have to play like the rest of us of the people, or goto a pk server and start over

OMG, someone who actually agrees with me! PKing on a PvE server is not only pointless (as most people will bind their equips or carry guardian angels), its moronic, especially those who only PK in SP. If you can't handle the phoenix, quit. Battle in 3D you numbskulls.
    I am the biggest hypocrit you will ever see or hear, and I'm not afraid to admit it.

Greed destroys even the tightest of bonds
  • FoxRunning - Heavens Tear
    FoxRunning - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,048 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    the reason why secret passage is PK heaven is because that is where most of the new Lv30s have to quest. for the killers, its like shooting fish in a barrel. and as for why they do it, i have no clue-must make them feel reallly tough and manly, to show how they can kill so many underpowered, weaker players. but then, that has always been the case....most attacks here and in real life are about power and exhibitionsism, not because the weaker player has ever harmed the stronger one.

and i strongly second the notion of totally disabling the PK control in the PVE servers. there is NO reason for it to exist, other than some dev forgot to take it out or something of the sort
    What's the point of pking there, someone enlighten me please? Idk what's the situation over at HT, but on Sanctuary all the wannabe pkers come to show off their epeens at the secret passage. I mean yeah, every game has it's pk hot spots but the problem with SP is there's a safe zone right at the entrance. Just now I was running a few fb29s, and one of the tabers was white. Needless to say as soon as she stepped out of the safe zone the big bad pkers would kill her. Which is fun I guess, once or twice, but this was borderline griefing, accompanied by the expected gloating when she virtually begged them to let her do the fb after being dropped 10 times in a minute. And yeah, her own fault for turning pk on I know, but let's face it, she's lvl30, you're lvl80 in uber gear. Where's the fun in that honestly? I'd res her, she'd make 2 steps and drop like a pancake all over again. Seeing that was going nowhere, I turned pk mode on, dropped a tempest on the idiot and rather than putting up a fight (he has well over than 10 levels on me) he runs like a little girl right back into the safe zone. Would've killed him too, but his buddy barb ganked me from behind as I was chasing him. Used a res scroll, but he was too chicken to get out of the warm fuzziness of the safe zone so we just went ahead and did the fb.

Now I come from a heavily based pk game where just about everything was fair game. You got pked, you pked back. Couldn't handle it yourself, bring some mates and have some fun. Hell entire 50 man guilds and their allies were duking it out in the open. Ended up rolling PvE however because LC was just too old when I started so I figured I'd settle for some peace and quiet for a change. Starting to think it was a bad call lol. Anyway, I guess my point is, if you feel tough, act tough and take it outside. What's the point in acting almighty while being crimson red yet you're afraid to cross one foot outside the safe zone? Be a man and have a pk fest somewhere out in the open away from safe zones. Even then, if you stock up on some GAs you don't risk loosing anything, which is lame enough in its own right. Firing shots from inside a safe zone is even worse.

</rant>
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    (and hugs to Flauschkatze for the sig!)
    "Thanks for writing me-- it's always great to hear from a vet.

-FrankieRaye"
    Playing here since '08b:heart
  • _Bloody_Fox_ - Sanctuary
    _Bloody_Fox_ - Sanctuary Posts: 993 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    LOL i remember when i went into SP for my fb29 and i got pked cold blooded by two level 60+ legendary jerks.

There is one simple option to this:
    Dont go in pk mode.

If everyone did their part and never went in they wouldnt have to worry about being pked by a higher level.
    Let the idiots fight others of same level.
    Facebook.com/foxi187
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • FionaCattail - Sanctuary
    FionaCattail - Sanctuary Posts: 405 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    while it's true.. don't go into pk mode.. but what about real noobs? I mean, this is the first MMO that my other 1/2 has ever played.. she doesn't know what PK means.. so what about the people like her, but the ones that don't have someone to ask "what's PK mode mean" who turn it on not realizing.

plus, the GMs had an even awhile back where everyone was supposed to see if they could kill a GM.. well.. rather than making the GM be a mob of some sort, anyone participating HAD to enter pk mode to participate.. and then most of those people got PK'd by Nef members, but that's a different story.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    We could all learn a lot from crayons, some are sharp, some are pretty, some are dull, some have weird names (like chartreuse), and all are different colors....BUT they ALL exist very nicely in the same box!
  • Imuretay - Heavens Tear
    Imuretay - Heavens Tear Posts: 62 Arc User
    edited February 2009

That's too funny!!!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • OMGLAZERZ - Heavens Tear
    OMGLAZERZ - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,327 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    What would be the point of camping SP on a PvE server?

On that note, where is it anyway?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Itachi - Lost City
    Itachi - Lost City Posts: 17 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    i often wonder why people dont just tele into the fb .___. realy hear u go 5 k maby im lazy to run through it or i just want to avoid pkers watever still faster b:surrender
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] Smexy mage extrodiner :3
  • Purple - Lost City
    Purple - Lost City Posts: 206 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Secret passage is balanced for PK.

Anyone who is out of safe gets hit by mobs, is distracted, and vulnerable to wall snipers.

When I need to do an FB, I could say "RAARJHG767G!!!!11" and run through the clump of whoever's camping it in fox form, and with safezone "lag", their first attack won't work.

So it's "Heck you guys. I'll be getting an easy 1.5%, while you're 1 shotting 3x. b:bye"
    ^________^
    Wall sniping, ninja tree magic, and medium range artillery. Whine less, please. b:lipcurl
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Bobncut - Sanctuary
    Bobncut - Sanctuary Posts: 419 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Um, you say what?
    "RAARJHG767G!!!!11"

And that helps, does it? Well, okay.
  • Purple - Lost City
    Purple - Lost City Posts: 206 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    It's worked each time, spend time trying to pronounce it in your head. See? Flawless! b:chuckle
    Wall sniping, ninja tree magic, and medium range artillery. Whine less, please. b:lipcurl
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited February 2009
    So that's what you meant by wall sniping. (in your sig)

So.. why is someone as cool as you in such a non-factor guild? b:sad