HARSHLANDS - Who's rolling it?

Lirgorn - Heavens Tear
Lirgorn - Heavens Tear Posts: 63 Arc User
edited February 2009 in General Discussion
So im thinking il re-roll onto the new PvP server. Reason i didnt go for LC was i came in late and there was so much rubbish on the forums about it being a poor server i didnt bother (later found it was ok, bit carebare tho hope new server is better, i hear LC was good at the start).

So anyway i thought i would check out who is going to re-roll onto this server and what guilds (or groups from guilds) are gona go for it (im gona need a new home :P). Personaly im after a competative non "carebare" guild of experienced players.b:victory
Currently playing:
Lirgorn - Heavens Tear - Lv.7X Wiz - Elysium
Akkari - Lost City - Lv.4X Archer - Guildless (as of 19/02/09)

Rolling Harshlands upon release! Archer all the way!
Rule34!

Give a man a fish and he can eat for a day.
Teach a man to fish and he can promptly forget he ever didnt know and call people "noobs" in the fishing forums.
Post edited by Lirgorn - Heavens Tear on

Comments

• crimone
    crimone Posts: 100 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    I would look into Rule34. We're going to try and be active in TW in a non-carebeary fashion. ;D

Look at our recruitment thread or our forums if you're interested. You sound like exactly the kind of player we're looking for. :3
  • Zdolnoc - Sanctuary
    Zdolnoc - Sanctuary Posts: 91 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    So I was thinking of starting my first PVP experience on Harshlands. I've been a PVE only player so far and haven't even tried PK yet. But I have been dueling alot to try out different strategies and am pretty certain I could go far. Though I might need the help of some experienced players to fine hone my PVP skills.
  • bobzilla21
    bobzilla21 Posts: 694 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    I'll probably roll, just for fun.
    I figured I should do something with my sig, so I made this for fun. My very first (poorly made) animation. b:victory
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    As for why Luffy is murdering Naruto, I have no idea either, but it looks cool.b:laugh
  • Mosabi - Heavens Tear
    Mosabi - Heavens Tear Posts: 378 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    bobzilla21 wrote: »
    I'll probably roll, just for fun.

if I ever re-roll hell no if am going to be a mage again lol archer all the way..
    Is Back once more.

sorry med school needs some time.
  • crimone
    edited February 2009
    So I was thinking of starting my first PVP experience on Harshlands. I've been a PVE only player so far and haven't even tried PK yet. But I have been dueling alot to try out different strategies and am pretty certain I could go far. Though I might need the help of some experienced players to fine hone my PVP skills.

PK is far different from duels, my friend. ;p There's the whole heiros bit, KoSing, crashing, mass pvp, etc. If you're interested in duels though, chances are you might like PvP.
  • Zdolnoc - Sanctuary
    Zdolnoc - Sanctuary Posts: 91 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    crimone wrote: »
    PK is far different from duels, my friend. ;p There's the whole heiros bit, KoSing, crashing, mass pvp, etc. If you're interested in duels though, chances are you might like PvP.
    Yeah I really don't know anything about PK or PvP. You totally lost me with heiros, KoSing, and crashing. Care to explain?
  • angellicdeity
    angellicdeity Posts: 641 Arc User
    edited February 2009

Open PVP and Dueling are two different things.

In a duel there is no fowl feelings (at least thats the case on Lost City)

In PvP on Lost City, there can be some bad blood. People just grinding tend not to be too fussy about it. People Questing and Zhen'ning don't seem to like it very much when you interrupt their grind with a dead-cleric.

If the blood is really bad you call in big guns, to take your revenge. He doesn't like it? Well he calls in bigger guns! Then you call bigger guns! Then at some point you reach a super-sized cannon from Conqueror who then just demolishes everyone because they turned red killing each other.

On a new server (much more the case with a new PVP server) there runs the possibility of really bad blood from day one. Although it would be fun to do everything all over (somewhat - to me the game lost its joy of being unfamiliarly challenging at first), I don't think I have the time to be competing with 8 year old boy's who have parental income at their disposal, as well as 8-9 hours of free time because they need not do chores/homework or anything that eats up the time of a normal adult.

The east coast times are very appealing as I do live on the east coast.

However, the only way I'd ever consider switching servers is if they gave us 10-20 gold to start it off - having spent money during this week only for them to announce a new server. I don't mind loosing money that was spent a month ago, but loosing something spent this week is just a bit ridiculous.
  • crimone
    edited February 2009
    Yeah I really don't know anything about PK or PvP. You totally lost me with heiros, KoSing, and crashing. Care to explain?

Heiros = MY-EN term for charms. Recovers HP and MP in TW and open world PvP, but disabled in duels.

KoS = "Kill on Sight". Term for warring guilds -- if a person from Guild A encounters a Guild B person during WQ, they kill them right then and there. No aggravation, or anything. When guilds declare KoS on each other, it basically means they're at war, and you'll see a lot of trash talking and they'll probably attack each other in TW too.

Crashing = Killing a party of enemies while they grind, and often stealing their grind spots. Say the hypothetical Guild A has six people at butterflies. Guild B wants to grind there. Guild B kills guild A and takes over the spot for themselves. Often grind parties are crashed by insanely high levels who have no use for the spot anyways, but only want to kill because of KoS. ;p
  • Maiya - Lost City
    Maiya - Lost City Posts: 2,686 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Not rolling, but I may start an alt there to PK randomly.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • crimone
    edited February 2009
    Not rolling, but I may start an alt there to PK randomly.

I like your style. ;3
  • hysteriumx
    hysteriumx Posts: 94 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    makin a char to pk, maybe get semi-serious depending on who goes etc.
  • Lirgorn - Heavens Tear
    Lirgorn - Heavens Tear Posts: 63 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Hmm looks like i could be good. Im looking forward to a fresh start, playing a wiz every day is like hitting yourself in the face....nah jk, i want to play a archer tho, wiz channel time is driving me round the bend :P

Hopeing it turns into a pretty good server. Im supprised not as many guilds are moving over....tought maybe RQ or one of the HT one's who have fallen off the map might be up for the challange.
    Currently playing:
    Lirgorn - Heavens Tear - Lv.7X Wiz - Elysium
    Akkari - Lost City - Lv.4X Archer - Guildless (as of 19/02/09)

Rolling Harshlands upon release! Archer all the way!
    Rule34!

Give a man a fish and he can eat for a day.
    Teach a man to fish and he can promptly forget he ever didnt know and call people "noobs" in the fishing forums.
  • bobzilla21
    edited February 2009
    RQ just died yesterday. And they're running away to Aion, so I doubt they'd come here.
    I figured I should do something with my sig, so I made this for fun. My very first (poorly made) animation. b:victory
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    As for why Luffy is murdering Naruto, I have no idea either, but it looks cool.b:laugh
  • scridon
    scridon Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    I will be in this server for the sole reason of pissing people off. b:laugh
  • Dudusk - Lost City
    Dudusk - Lost City Posts: 41 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    makes no sense to play for so long then to reroll, and my question reroll to what class, makes no sense imo....
  • XPapewaiox - Lost City
    XPapewaiox - Lost City Posts: 178 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    RQ just died yesterday. And they're running away to Aion, so I doubt they'd come here.

Does that mean every other guild without land is dead too? Man, sucks LC only has 3 guilds now :(
  • Rundora - Lost City_1243871147
    Rundora - Lost City_1243871147 Posts: 378 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    I like your style. ;3

I do too. I think I'll have a char there that's actually called Rundora, so people'll know who's haxed sawfly keeps **** them. Finally the powerz of the glitch will be mine!
  • crimone
    edited February 2009
    I do too. I think I'll have a char there that's actually called Rundora, so people'll know who's haxed sawfly keeps **** them. Finally the powerz of the glitch will be mine!

Come with meee. Unlike some people, I actually reveal my identity...ocassionally. You might happen to recognize my name, but don't let it get out. <3
  • TigerLily - Lost City
    TigerLily - Lost City Posts: 1,209 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Venos will be rolling it~~
    Harshlands will be like 80-90% venos. Everyone that play LC will go there and re-roll as a veno to pk. And ppl will get **** by birds already at lvl 30. New players will be like... wtf is this game birds and bees everywhere killing me, i go play something else b:shocked
  • crimone
    edited February 2009
    Venos will be rolling it~~
    Harshlands will be like 80-90% venos. Everyone that play LC will go there and re-roll as a veno to pk. And ppl will get **** by birds already at lvl 30. New players will be like... wtf is this game birds and bees everywhere killing me, i go play something else b:shocked

Exactly what I've seen when asking people what they're rolling.

Personally, I was gonna go LA foxform-hybrid veno, but now I'm thinking more like full int mage.
    edited February 2009
    b:pleased It's going to be so much fun. Madness, but fun.
  • crimone
    edited February 2009
    b:pleased It's going to be so much fun. Madness, but fun.

The 3x griefing is gonna be spectacular. :3 Imagine all the bluenamed pheonixes...Oh dear god.
    edited February 2009
    The 3x griefing is gonna be spectacular. :3 Imagine all the bluenamed pheonixes...Oh dear god.

Imagine TW! b:shocked

I envision a giant pokemonz battle. The veno with the quickest reactions wins.
  • crimone
    edited February 2009
    Imagine TW! b:shocked

I envision a giant pokemonz battle. The veno with the quickest reactions wins.

Probably almost no werebeasts, clerics, or mages. ****.
    edited February 2009
    Probably almost no werebeasts, clerics, or mages. ****.
    It'd be funny ****! 3 hours of dumb birds fighting! Just like a saturday night at the Pet rescue center. b:pleased
  • crimone
    edited February 2009
    I love your imagery. xD Know what, I'll roll werebeast just to add to the zoo-escape effect.
  • bobzilla21
    edited February 2009
    I don't think most blue names have that much money...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • crimone
    edited February 2009
    I don't think most blue names have that much money...

Cash shop whores run amok.
    edited February 2009
    Cash Shoppars are everywhere. You cannot escape them. As it is I already see a disturbing amount of blue named legendary pets on Lost City, and Harshlands is going to be worse.
  • crimone
    edited February 2009
    Cash Shoppars are everywhere. You cannot escape them. As it is I already see a disturbing amount of blue named legendary pets on Lost City, and Harshlands is going to be worse.

Blue-named Hercs are even worse than the pheonixes. Headdesk x800.