EVENT: The Great Fashion Hunt! (Feb. 18 - Feb. 20)

Options

Comments

• dvorak
    dvorak Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options
    GM's you really messed this 1st giveaway up, you gave a raptor mount to someone 5 MINUTES after saying that the event is begining , you did not give town location nor did you even give a hint ,

You did not announce the city in which the shop could be found at, there is nothing in red on the past chat log besides this:

THE GREAT FASHION HUNT IS BEGINING

AND 5 MINUTES LATER SOMEONE GETS A RAPTOR MOUNT???

don't worry we'll be popping in and out of servers all day up until 7 p.m. this Friday. there'll be plenty more chances to win some 1 coin schwag.
    pwe_dvorak.jpg

Follow me on twitter: http://twitter.com/pwe_dvorak
  • Daerys - Sanctuary
    Daerys - Sanctuary Posts: 1,022 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options
    Dvorak wrote: »
    don't worry we'll be popping in and out of servers all day up until 7 p.m. this Friday. there'll be plenty more chances to win some 1 coin schwag.

That's hardly the point Dvorak. If you say you're going to run an event a certain way, I don't think it's unreasonable for all of us to expect you guys to run it that way.
  • Plumperella - Sanctuary
    Plumperella - Sanctuary Posts: 40 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options
    but why did you not announce the town? it was not announced on the sanctuary server, only that event has started.
    b:mischievous Shawn Strickland
  • DoktorDeath - Sanctuary
    DoktorDeath - Sanctuary Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options

Don't you understand? It's not about you popping in and out of servers! It's not about there being plenty more chances to win!

It's purely and simply about the fact that you do not conduct the event the way you have clearly stated you will.

Do you not see that this is what causes the frustration and anger amongst people? Of course we were never all going to win, it's not because we didn't win we are frustrated.

In theory the event could have been good. In practice ....
  • spinosu
    spinosu Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options
    this is a stupid event like valentine waz....

1 item on a shop
    2-3 shops / day

1000 players for 3 items ?

This is not a event ... is just a stupid joke
  • Shaye - Lost City
    Shaye - Lost City Posts: 353 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options
    spinosu wrote: »
    this is a stupid event like valentine waz....

1 item on a shop
    2-3 shops / day

1000 players for 3 items ?

This is not a event ... is just a stupid joke
    smallchars!
    Q___________________Q I HATE HAVING TO WORK FOR THINGS OR ACTUALLY HAVE CHALLENGES
  • dvorak
    dvorak Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options
    ok, ok. 1 GM made an error and forgot to announce his city locale right off that bat. For that we do apologize. Since then we have made sure that GM's are broadcasting their city locale just prior to activating their shop. Since then we have handed out an additional 4 items across all servers and all GM's have been working off their scripts correctly.

Again, I do apologize for the initial snafu.
    pwe_dvorak.jpg

Follow me on twitter: http://twitter.com/pwe_dvorak
  • Shaye - Lost City
    Shaye - Lost City Posts: 353 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options
  • Plumperella - Sanctuary
    Plumperella - Sanctuary Posts: 40 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options
    yes but some GM's are elves like meb:kiss
    b:mischievous Shawn Strickland
  • Poison - Heavens Tear
    Poison - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,444 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options
    And don't forget the untamed GM's! Untamed GM's need love too!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • kantorek
    kantorek Posts: 136 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options
    And don't forget the untamed GM's! Untamed GM's need love too!

(''\(;,,;)/'') Rawwr!!! b:thanks
    朱健诚
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Maintenance is my Constant. b:surrender
  • Poison - Heavens Tear
    Poison - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,444 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options
    kantorek wrote: »
    (''\(;,,;)/'') Rawwr!!! b:thanks

Yip! *runs and hides*
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • iamcleric
    iamcleric Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options
    ok, ok. 1 GM made an error and forgot to announce his city locale right off that bat. For that we do apologize. Since then we have made sure that GM's are broadcasting their city locale just prior to activating their shop. Since then we have handed out an additional 4 items across all servers and all GM's have been working off their scripts correctly.

Again, I do apologize for the initial snafu.

This is all we get. An APOLOGY. GM's have been apologizing a lot lately. Too much booboo lately.

About time to turn your apology to 5x exp/spirit/drop rate event.

I thought you have learned already from previous experiences as xarfox clearly stated in his post.

So PLEASE LEARN FROM THIS. Turn your apology to something better coz sorry doesn't cut it anymore as this Perfect World's economy is perfectly messed up (gold prices rising continuously).
  • WindGaurdian - Sanctuary
    WindGaurdian - Sanctuary Posts: 326 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options
    iamcleric wrote: »
    This is all we get. An APOLOGY. GM's have been apologizing a lot lately. Too much booboo lately.

About time to turn your apology to 5x exp/spirit/drop rate event.

I thought you have learned already from previous experiences as xarfox clearly stated in his post.

So PLEASE LEARN FROM THIS. Turn your apology to something better coz sorry doesn't cut it anymore as this Perfect World's economy is perfectly messed up (gold prices rising continuously).

He did say they gave out additional stuff because of it. So, it was an apology and more stuff given out to redo their wrongs.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Flying to continue my journey..
  • Archosaurian - Lost City
    Archosaurian - Lost City Posts: 16 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options
    Hey FEMALE GMS are BLODDY SEXY!!! I want FrankieRaye NOW!!! b:dirty
  • Swoosh - Sanctuary
    Swoosh - Sanctuary Posts: 82 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options
    He did say they gave out additional stuff because of it. So, it was an apology and more stuff given out to redo their wrongs.

I want more stuff wind :( gimme more stuff :( moooore moooooooooooore MOOOOOOOOOOOOOORE xD

Anyways, ok thanx for the apology ^^ I was really like wtf O_O (just like everyone else I suppose). Hope I don't need to stay wake up untill midnight GMT for just one chance to get such an item haha xD.
    x_x
  • Vetricz - Heavens Tear
    Vetricz - Heavens Tear Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options
    How about all stop complaining and enjoy the fact that the GM's take the time to make events like this and others. Even if the chance is small that you get something, it makes it that much more fun when you do get something. So be happy for the people who do get something and stop being greedy already. b:thanks
  • Swoosh - Sanctuary
    Swoosh - Sanctuary Posts: 82 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options
    How about all stop complaining and enjoy the fact that the GM's take the time to make events like this and others. Even if the chance is small that you get something, it makes it that much more fun when you do get something. So be happy for the people who do get something and stop being greedy already. b:thanks

If i wantz to be greedy, then I shall be greedy >_<
    gimme your items plox X'D

Well just that one GM didn't really follow the event... but they have apologized for it, all good and well... but really *greed mode*... gimme your stuff now...
    x_x
  • Kratos_blade - Sanctuary
    Kratos_blade - Sanctuary Posts: 18 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options
    I dont' see anything wrong with the fact that the GM's apologized and even compensated by giving out more items than they really should.

You guys are doing pretty good.
  • XxPkBladexX - Sanctuary
    XxPkBladexX - Sanctuary Posts: 33 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options
    I LUV THIS EVENT .... even tho i havnt won **** XDb:dirty
  • Wanyudo - Lost City
    Wanyudo - Lost City Posts: 70 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options
    why only 10 per server thats very rare and only high lvls and rick will get them becasue if mounts and stuff and only 10 items!!! there are like 1 mil players per server not a good idea

yes it is rare, and yes the higher level players are most likely to get this as you stated, its because the higher level players have spent money for the faster mounts and upgrades, honestly i've spent near $400.00+ on this game to date.

and before you say: you're a loser, get a life..
    i think if it were my parents paying for this game, $400.00+ of their money would **** them off, i happen to be living quite comfortably, and able to pay for Zen..
  • bobzilla21
    bobzilla21 Posts: 694 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options
    I noticed that you sold someone some shoes yesterday. Couldn't you sell pants or something? Shoes don't really cover much skin.
    I figured I should do something with my sig, so I made this for fun. My very first (poorly made) animation. b:victory
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    As for why Luffy is murdering Naruto, I have no idea either, but it looks cool.b:laugh
  • dreamenchanter
    dreamenchanter Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options
    Those of us who are out actually fighting have no chance in these events. The Socialites who just hang around town are the only ones who have a chance. Sorry to vent, but PWI is not the game it was a week ago and I am considering leaving. The economy in Sancuary is still messed up due to the issues from the last patch. Gold is still selling for 30%+ since before the patch. There should have been a rollback as others besides the ones who actually did the dirty deed benefitted from the bug.

Can't afford to play much longer at these inflated prices.
  • Peaceb - Sanctuary
    Peaceb - Sanctuary Posts: 15 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options
    I didn't play much after they messed up the economy...
  • Jiblet - Sanctuary
    Jiblet - Sanctuary Posts: 203 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options
    FFS will some of you guys just stop whining. Okay, so the first time out they missed the town - hardly makes the whole event a failure so stop moaning like little 12 year ols...unless you are a 12 yr old that's moaning in which case please do me a favour and go play with you barbir/toy soldiers*

Yes, the event means that very few people will win but from the prizes they are giving out I'm not surprised - black raptors are supposed to be a rare sight.

Okay, so you want more items, okay so you want the precise co-ordinates of the shop (I admit I may that part up but knowing some of you guys I'm betting I'm right). You probably want to autolevel to 100 as well and have someone wipe your **** for you every time you **** as well. At least the GM's on here actually put on events, many other places don't bother.

Oh, and for those of you that are bringing the AH / gold glitch into here.....why? Nothing to do with this thread, and tbh I don't give a damn if you don't play much because of it. Not relevant here, just another whine, go away please (or at least post it in a thread relevant to that)

Rant over - just wanted to thank the GM's for bothering to put on these sort of events. KK I've not won anything ever *pokes*, but with the amount of **** you guys get from some players personally I wouldn't bother. Even though they don't all run well (I agree valentines was a joke btw) at least they are trying.

*delete as appropriateb:laugh
  • Rebela - Heavens Tear
    Rebela - Heavens Tear Posts: 38 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options
    i'm not even complaining about how many prizes are given out.. from the moment it's announced that a new day started.. i spent like 12h or a bit more and i haven't seen any announcements at least, about the event.. :)
  • sharnya
    sharnya Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options
    Ive been a Gm for 5 years in another game now want to play a game as all you get is hassle so i understand what a Gm has to go through , But if you ask for trouble you are going to get it and announcing this as an event was wrong for a number of reasons

1 unfair to lower lvls as unable to cover as much ground
    2 gambling (just like playing slots) lose over 12k teleporting to nearest location .
    3 1 item 1 shop thousands of players

thats just a few

This is how it should have been played out

1 Announcement on forum ( ok they got this right )
    2 Should be a treasure hunt so all have a chance
    3 should be clear clues (not starting out with a story which misled some players story about raptor and like to eat with people Remember well a lot of people thought kings feast as there was no other clues after it started )
    4 one clue every 5 minutes
    5 do this every four hours for 1 day a week for the month quest is in (covers all timezones )(an give gms time to make new clues lol )

this was how we ran our events and 99.9% really liked them as all had a chance to win

with thousands of players all over the world a random shop in a random location is nuts

come on gms give us a real challenge and not a 1% chance of being in the right place at the right time

b:angryb:angryb:angry
  • Saitada - Sanctuary
    Saitada - Sanctuary Posts: 3,220 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options
    Thanks for the events guys. I haven't won anything, and probably won't, but it's fun trying too. I appreciate the effort.

~Saitada
  • mortgage
    mortgage Posts: 16 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options
    What does "Remember, 30 svelte Fashion Items are up for grabs for 1 coin each!" Mean? Specifically the word "svelte". Seems like a spelling mistake. Go look for it on event info.

I also think its a bad idea to remind players of the tough times in the real world. We play perfect world to escape from the real world.

The valentine's event was too short and poorly designed and executed. A most imperfect event in our perfect world. Is thare a test server where you guys can test events beforehand? Another idea is to let players vote on what kind of event we want and choose our own rewards.
  • Enina - Heavens Tear
    Enina - Heavens Tear Posts: 263 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options
    What bugged me most about this event was that the items went up from midnight and onwards for me (and for most of Europe). If I was lucky, and chugged a lot of coffee, I could catch maybe two of the announcement for "gift"-shops before my need for sleep overtook my conscious mind. Mind you, I did try leaving the computer on PWI for a full day and a half. Not one announcement between 6 am and 11 pm...

Maybe we should get a european GM or two..? b:surrender

Also, yes, 1 item for 1 coin, for a few thousand players? Archosaur literally BROKE when the shop went up there because a fifth of the game's population went there... Not to mention the insane lag in the starter cities - why not put it up in a more remote area like Cromagnon Village or Dragon's end where there's fewer players naturally?