Unfriendly user game

Options
jorjafox
jorjafox Posts: 1 Arc User
edited February 2009 in General Discussion
I thinks its alot of BS that mobs can shot through walls. They shouldn't be able to. There's alot of things that can be changed in this game. 1: Prices on porting is way to high, 2: Renameing your pet and can only have 5 letter chars..OMG come on b:angry 3: Feeding your pet every 5 mins..what the hell are you people thinking of b:angry. you all better go check out how WoW does there implaments on the structure of thier game, PW is a very unfriendly user game. 4: Camera views needs to be alot wider and distance range so you can see alot more of the area. 5: Auto targeting..This point click has got to go b:cry 6: The prices on the skill up scrolls 200k for the pets hmm..I guess the real world isnt the only place where prices are sky high. Sorry for all the unfriendly words but i think this game would be alot more fun if a few things were changed.
Post edited by jorjafox on

Comments

• fuzzles
    fuzzles Posts: 628 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options
    If this game is too hard for you, go and find a nice Hello Kitty MMO.

The prices are extremely reasonable.
    Everyone here is ridiculously oversensitive.
  • Aesthor - Heavens Tear
    Aesthor - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,845 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options
    You can have more than 5 characters in pet name.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ಥ_ಥ MOAR.
    SkyKoC - How long is yours?
  • Flauschkatze - Heavens Tear
    Flauschkatze - Heavens Tear Posts: 998 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options
    1. you can fly everywhere -> no teleport costs
    2. actually you have 8 letters for naming your pet. try it :)
    3. if you only use water it's not THAT expensive... archers have to buy arrows.
    you can also buy the arcane pet book from the cash shop or a christmas blessing from other players, they keep your pet fed.
    4. agreed, would be helpful sometimes to escape spawning mobs -.-
    5. I hate it too, but you'll get used to it^^ (try pressing shift to klick through your pet/players)
    6. you on't HAVE to upgrade all your pet skills, you only need one to keep aggro and 200k isn't that much to farm at lvl44+ - that's when my pets started to lose aggro sometimes. my magmite still has it's basic skills and its fine.
    7. it's free to play, don't compare it with WoW... have you ever played other f2p games? they're horrible compared to pwi. you can get along here well without spending money in the cash shop.
    ~~Inactive~~

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Thanks to Torhn for coloring!
  • ExELFine - Heavens Tear
    ExELFine - Heavens Tear Posts: 362 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options
    I guess this is to be expected. Other developers being so jealous of PWI success, please don't bother with them.

Playing PW is the best, period.

b:pleased
    [SIGPIC]http://i240.photobucket.com/albums/ff122/dart2005/PWI/july05.jpg[/SIGPIC]
    Crafting:
    Tailor: lev 7
    Blacksmith: lev 6
    Craftsman: lev 6
    Apothicary: lev 5
    SEMI to 7/8 RETIRED, not from PW but from PWI :)
  • VonTerror - Lost City
    VonTerror - Lost City Posts: 224 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options
    F2P, you don't like all this stuff, leave and go back to WoW or find a different game. And Veno is a cash cow, don't complain about having to spend a few in game coin, you can soon be one of the rich in game people if you stick with it
    b:bye
  • Foxx_trott - Heavens Tear
    Foxx_trott - Heavens Tear Posts: 802 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options
    Oh heavens NO! Making things easier ie; dumbing the game down isn't making it better. The trouble with those other games in which you speak is they have become too user friendly, and easy to play. Thus making it so utterly boring and easy to play, a wild monkey could play it, and actually be good. Thats the trouble with so many of these MMO's too many just copy games like WOW and EQ2. People who want to play those games, should go play them. This is PW, and although it's very similar to those games, it's also different in it's own way. And I thank god for that.

At times I do wish for an auto targeting button like a <tab key> HINT-HINT would be nice. So I think you may have a valid point at least there.

I do think this game is very polished and runs surprisingly well. It is a free to play game don't forget. And they make the money to pay for running this game by selling items in the cash shop that solve some of the things you pointed out, like feeding your pet, and porting (at least sort of) and as far as prices of pet skill scrolls being high. I think thats a great thing. If anything the price is too low for those. To make your pets skills super oober I think there should be a high cost. To seperate the great venos from the average. As it is, the costs of being a veno is far less than say an archer for instance. This just helps balance things out.

Sorry but the OP kinda made an Epic Phail when creating this thread. Only real good point he made was the lack of an auto target button. The rest of it was just trash.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    You will never do anything in this world without courage.
    It is the greatest quality of the mind next to honor.
    ~Aristotle
  • Smexxyfox - Heavens Tear
    Smexxyfox - Heavens Tear Posts: 722 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options
    Actually he has some really good suggestions:

1. teleport costs are ridiculous. Why should we be forced to fly to compensate for something thats obviousley out of whack?
    2.Camera is to close to your char, even a normal human has a wider field of view than ingame.
    3. Certain mobs like the swords near peach dock is so damn thin its REALLY annoying to click on them, auto target or "snap to enemy/npc/player" options would be much appreaciated

The rest of the stuff is kinda bs, have to say. Oh and all the responses going "its F2P what do you expect?" Are you saying f2p games have a smaller income and therefore we get budget 1/2ass work?
    Check again: http://www.pwrd.com/html/en/ir_er_pr_list.html
    At the last quater(4months only!) of 2008 they made 25million US $ profit, with that kinda money you can at least expect some issues we have in the game to be fixed in a reasonable timeframe.
  • Lessie - Lost City
    Lessie - Lost City Posts: 917 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options
    Red text is my input.
    1. teleport costs are ridiculous. Why should we be forced to fly to compensate for something thats obviousley out of whack?
    Because it's an optional fast way, not mandatory.
    Are you rich and in a hurry? go warp, it's not necessary

2.Camera is to close to your char, even a normal human has a wider field of view than ingame.
    What? Never had a problem with camera, you can even tell where monsters and players are in a 360 degrees area around ur character using the minimap

3. Certain mobs like the swords near peach dock is so damn thin its REALLY annoying to click on them, auto target or "snap to enemy/npc/player" options would be much appreaciated
    Those swords suck b:surrender
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ^^ Made by Saitada ^^

Dieho: I win 15 on 1, I roll all of your guild to sz all by myself !
    Lessie: Proof?
    Dieho: I dont have any, but my word is more than enough.
    Lessie: Well I won 33 on 1 the other day :D
    b:cute
  • Neios - Sanctuary
    Neios - Sanctuary Posts: 51 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options
    jorjafox wrote: »
    I thinks its alot of BS that mobs can shot through walls. They shouldn't be able to. There's alot of things that can be changed in this game. 1: Prices on porting is way to high, 2: Renameing your pet and can only have 5 letter chars..OMG come on b:angry 3: Feeding your pet every 5 mins..what the hell are you people thinking of b:angry. you all better go check out how WoW does there implaments on the structure of thier game, PW is a very unfriendly user game. 4: Camera views needs to be alot wider and distance range so you can see alot more of the area. 5: Auto targeting..This point click has got to go b:cry 6: The prices on the skill up scrolls 200k for the pets hmm..I guess the real world isnt the only place where prices are sky high. Sorry for all the unfriendly words but i think this game would be alot more fun if a few things were changed.

You really need to go play some other F2P games in order to understand what you just said. Most other F2P (with a few exceptions) are a lot harder than this one, cost more to maintain per month, and are more bug ridden than a termite infested house.

I've come from a few of those types and this game, even with its flaws, has more going for it than someone saying its an unfriendly and difficult game. The game has enough idiots running around in it begging and whining in it without dumbing it down more and giving room for more of those types to infest it. b:surrender
  • Grgumsh - Heavens Tear
    Grgumsh - Heavens Tear Posts: 72 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options

SHUSH!you know not of what you speak.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    War has made me very paranoid, and when a man starts eyeballin me it makes my Agent Orange act up and I get the urge to kill.
  • Leolf - Heavens Tear
    Leolf - Heavens Tear Posts: 380 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options

Quoted for truth b:victory This game is the best f2p MMO I have EVER played. If you hate this game so much, go back to WoW, no point wasting your life on a game you don't even like.
  • Diia - Heavens Tear
    Diia - Heavens Tear Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options
    The camera view part I would have to agree with and I know of a few venos that I've talked to which would agree. It would be nice to be able to zoom out more then what we can now. Even PW's new game that's going to be coming out "Zhu Xian" lets you zoom out farther and it uses the same game engine that PWI does.

The only other thing I would really complain about which is not in the first post I believe is the fact that you can't remap the keyboard. That's something that has made people stop playing or not want to play in the first place. I know because I've tried getting a few people to play and wouldn't because of that or tried it and didn't think they should have to learn to play a game different because one game out of how many there are doesn't have a simple feature like keyboard remapping. Good thing I was used to click and move games because I use an ergonomic keyboard and I am left handed so I use my mouse with my left hand. If I had to use the WASD keys to move I would have to turn my keyboard sideways just so that my fingers could rest comfortably on those keys. Anyways enough of my rambling lol but that's just always been a pet peeve of mine since I started playing.
  • Kiyoshi - Heavens Tear
    Kiyoshi - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,385 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options

I can shoot through walls to... so that even things out. 1. thats just you being poor. 2. i just renamed my pet (yesterday) with 6 letters. 3. if you can't feed your pet, DON't GET A PET (same applies in real life) 4. get better hand eye cood. 5. either get off your **** and click or wait for mob to taget you and you'll auto target. 6. i'll get you a damn pet scroll... if you pay for my skill (btw, it cost 1 mil to get it).

Oh god... i just wasted 2 minutes of my time on this.
    1. If I kill you; do something about it yourself, don't go complaining to my wife.
    2. If you have less kill counts then me, don't expect me to take pk advice from you.
    3. If you are hiding behind an alt, don't expect me to acknowledge your existence.

Tokichiro - Heavy Armor Fish / Kiyoshi - Dual Blade Elf
  • Granrey - Sanctuary
    Granrey - Sanctuary Posts: 2,050 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options
    I'm not sure if I'm understanding properly but if you go to the settings you can improve distance viewing.

My problem was that I was close to a town or mobs but I would not notice it was nearby due to the settings.

I improved my settings and solved the problem. By the way, I found this solution by chance since I got a better computer and decided to put all settings to max.
  • Nomaad - Heavens Tear
    Nomaad - Heavens Tear Posts: 110 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options
    You can have more than 5 characters in pet name.

b:surprised...you can? Details, please...
  • Daibar - Heavens Tear
    Daibar - Heavens Tear Posts: 90 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options
    I agree with 4 and 5 and would like to add the following:
    7. Market/auction system needs to be revamped. As the servers get more and more crowded, archosaur and the major cities are just becoming massive lag zones. It's hard to find what you want for a reasonable price, it often takes hours. Auctions are geared more towards mass sells or higher levels due to the auction costs.

The other points I don't agree with; they've already been dealt with. There are also several things pw has done better than wow (or other mmorpgs)
  • Foxx_trott - Heavens Tear
    Foxx_trott - Heavens Tear Posts: 802 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options
    Well one thing they could do in Arch to deal with the lag, would be do away with the silly kitty shops littering our cities. Revamp the auction system to something a bit better. It would help beautify the game, get rid of the plague of kitty shop litter. And make buying and selling stuff in the game a better experience. Just my opinion, but what do I know? lol

All in all, I think this is a fantastic game, me and my friends are enjoying it very much. A tweak here and there, and this game would be MMO perfection.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    You will never do anything in this world without courage.
    It is the greatest quality of the mind next to honor.
    ~Aristotle
  • Laranda - Heavens Tear
    Laranda - Heavens Tear Posts: 283 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options
    b:surprised...you can? Details, please...

The description is wrong. The limit is 8 characters. o.o
  • Chirinide - Heavens Tear
    Chirinide - Heavens Tear Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options

TEH absolute truth, i've been in 5 mmo's (including pwi) and this is by far the best one of them "in a general way", it has it's problem's but it's still the best of 'em all. And what was said before it's all true too other mmo's like wow are way too friendly.... exept for that of walking back to your corpse... that's just plain annoying lol xD
  • Fleuri - Sanctuary
    Fleuri - Sanctuary Posts: 1,763 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options
    Actually he has some really good suggestions:

On the other hand they have given some us free teleports (town portal, cube of fate, snake island's portal, and territory wars) and low cost teleports (200 coins for low-level routes) and we have great scenery when we choose to fly.

Personally, I really, really like flying, and have since my very first day here. (Otherwise, I would probably be playing a venomancer, or maybe a human.)

But I wish I had known I would not lose any flying speed if I had played a cleric.
  • Moonracer - Heavens Tear
    Moonracer - Heavens Tear Posts: 35 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options
    Find a little neopets game or u can move. the game is the best.

the prices r fine u just need to suck it up and find some money.
    PS if ur angry go tell it to the gms at the suggestion box.SO now plzb:shutup
    Main: Moonracer (64) Veno
    Alts: Too many to count. (Most lvl 20)
  • Ginzokai - Heavens Tear
    Ginzokai - Heavens Tear Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options
    Hmm why would the OP leave WoW, only to want a game just like it?

The cost? Surely they have played therefor already bought the game. There are numerous free WoW servers out now.

So please explain why you would leave an MMO, only to want to play one exactly like it?
  • kooshdin
    kooshdin Posts: 90 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options
    Original poster should go back to world of warcraft and stop messing with a real game b:chuckle
  • mbrunestud
    mbrunestud Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options
    fuzzles wrote: »
    if This Game Is Too Hard For You, Go And Find A Nice Hello Kitty Mmo.

The Prices Are Extremely Reasonable.

Hello Kitty Island Adventures! << south park reference
  • radonja88
    radonja88 Posts: 41 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options
    1. you can fly everywhere -> no teleport costs
    2. actually you have 8 letters for naming your pet. try it :)
    3. if you only use water it's not THAT expensive... archers have to buy arrows.
    you can also buy the arcane pet book from the cash shop or a christmas blessing from other players, they keep your pet fed.
    4. agreed, would be helpful sometimes to escape spawning mobs -.-
    5. I hate it too, but you'll get used to it^^ (try pressing shift to klick through your pet/players)
    6. you on't HAVE to upgrade all your pet skills, you only need one to keep aggro and 200k isn't that much to farm at lvl44+ - that's when my pets started to lose aggro sometimes. my magmite still has it's basic skills and its fine.
    7. it's free to play, don't compare it with WoW... have you ever played other f2p games? they're horrible compared to pwi. you can get along here well without spending money in the cash shop.

This game is not free to play if want to be competitive. Its all about making money for some fat americans who dont give a **** about ingame players that dont pay.
  • Tigriss - Heavens Tear
    Tigriss - Heavens Tear Posts: 760 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options
    radonja88 wrote: »
    This game is not free to play if want to be competitive. Its all about making money for some fat americans who dont give a **** about ingame players that dont pay.

Huh?? What are you talking about??? If I'm not mistaken everything in the cash shop you can earn with in game coin. If they didn't give a **** about ingame players that don't pay. Why would they do something like that that cost them money. Most games cash shop items can only be bought with real money and are account bound. b:beatup\

Also isn't perfect world owned by an Asian company??? So its actually about making money for some fat Asians.
    "Jesus fricking christ on a pogo stick. Your a mass of fricking idiots I swear!"
    -Saitada
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Thankies Crystalynnex
  • Anomandariss - Heavens Tear
    Anomandariss - Heavens Tear Posts: 21 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options
    ...you all better go check out how WoW does there implaments on the structure of thier game...
    I'm sick of ignorant people like you comparing every MMO with WoW.

Out, you WoW *****.
  • Tigriss - Heavens Tear
    Tigriss - Heavens Tear Posts: 760 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options
    May I Have Your Attention Please:THIS IS PERFECT WORLD NOT WOW!!!!! I repeat: THIS IS PERFECT WORLD NOT WOW!!!!! Thank You.
    "Jesus fricking christ on a pogo stick. Your a mass of fricking idiots I swear!"
    -Saitada
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Thankies Crystalynnex
  • windlight
    windlight Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options
    *Joins in* I think perfect world is great for a free2play game, except its like many others, in these two specific areas. 1, people extortionate the price of everything and rip anyone off whos new enough to not know the difference, 2, all the key areas of the game where a solo player needs help there is always high lvl'ers around who are either killing mobs for no reason that others are needing for quests, or just standing around doing nothing while someones asking over and over "can anyone help with (insert boss/item)"
    Everyone at some point needs help to complete things.
    Aside from these 2 points the game is great :)
  • mbrunestud
    mbrunestud Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options
    hahaha "competitive". and what do you know about competitive gaming? apparently mmo's are sewious competitive business.