Level 10 elves running around everywhere

mbrunestud
mbrunestud Posts: 0 Arc User
edited February 2009 in General Discussion
have you noticed this? lvl 10 elves running around in really high lvl areas asking to squad (prolly b/c they can fly). what is up with that? mobs kill them in 1 hit. usually squadding is worth it, but not with these guys. they divide ur exp, take ur drops (wich they won't use for another 30 lvls), and don't contribute anything. lvl 10 ppl wanting to squad w/ high lvl's is so useless in every way. every way possible, except that they get good drops for no reason. it's not that i hate helping low lvls, i'll fight lvl quest mobs for a friend if he asks, but these people need to realize this:

http://www.pwdatabase.com/pwi/drop

that they first divide my exp, then get their half further divided, so its very inefficient for everyone.

the worst thing about it is their attitude. aside from the fact that at lvl 10 there are 20+ quests for them to do that would've lvled them up so much faster, they just come here and expect me to do their work for them. this one cleric just went around picking up stuff - he didn't even bother to heal me! when i realize how inefficient the party was and leave squad, they get pissed. i mean, i played through the game too, i had to gain those levels and make money myself, what makes them think they r entitled to just float above someone else's head and get ahead that way? so for all u lvl 10's out there trying to squad ppl at lvl 50+ grinding spots, there better be a good reason
Post edited by mbrunestud on

Comments

• Baobhansidhe - Heavens Tear
    Baobhansidhe - Heavens Tear Posts: 36 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Push them in harm's way. It's the only language they understand. Plus if they harass you afterwards, report them.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • StellarAshes - Heavens Tear
    StellarAshes - Heavens Tear Posts: 43 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Haven't seen it myself but... blacklist them and move on.
  • FussyCat - Sanctuary
    FussyCat - Sanctuary Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Maybe this would work. Next time you see one (1) tell them to click on that little botton called PK mode. If they asked why? Tell them it make you gain more exp. If they do then PKed them. After the kill laugh and leave them hanging. That should teach them a lesson. lolz b:sin

Or you can just ignored them. b:chuckle
  • Saint_drake - Heavens Tear
    Saint_drake - Heavens Tear Posts: 105 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    that pk button works only from level 30 upwards sowwy
  • idria
    idria Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Sounds like some peeps are trying to use you for higher return DQ drops.

Take them out where the baddies with high aggro are and if they do nothing to help and/or steal drops - leave.

Just - leave - them.

See them in town asking someone else, whisper that other higher level player and let them in on what you did - and why.

Sooner than later it will be an exercise in wasted time for them and they'll knock it off.
  • kooshdin
    kooshdin Posts: 90 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    that pk button works only from level 30 upwards sowwy

Lol thats a great way to get all those under 30 to test there pk buttons to see if its true b:chuckle
  • Oldbear - Sanctuary
    Oldbear - Sanctuary Posts: 486 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Well, it entirely depends on the person. When I had LV55+ quests near bamboo village I used it sometimes to store my drops and i do remember at least 1 case where i did pick up a little elfie to show her the "real deal". :P But I did it for company and it was allright. I knew she could not hit anything or heal me as good as my own Diamond Sutra. But we started talking before we went there and it was kinda fun. i don't remember did she level in the process but she probably got good EXP out of it. And why not. They keep leveling and maybe later when you need help you bump into one of these ex-low leveler you have helped in the past. But i do not recall any of these people wanted to squad me way off their own place for the sake of EXP stealing.

So I say it's all about the person behind one of those little elf's :)
  • Niamy - Sanctuary
    Niamy - Sanctuary Posts: 269 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Well this dont happen only with elfs...
    some days ago i was grinding in Dawn's Cry and a human arround lvl13 come at my side and start to "try KS"(obviously he can't xD)... but i told him kindly like always "please stop KS"... he continue... "please stop kill steal ^^" ... continue... obviously my patience have a limit... I approached a to get the agro and when he approached i get out flyng... i dont need to say what happen later... he never back b:chuckle

b:bye
    [SIGPIC]http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=1565254001&dateline=1226478053[/SIGPIC]
    Venomancer 82
    Cleric 55
    Barbarian 32
    Wizard 54
    Believe me when I tell you will not want to test my anger...
  • Oldbear - Sanctuary
    Oldbear - Sanctuary Posts: 486 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Well this dont happen only with elfs...
    some days ago i was grinding in Dawn's Cry and a human arround lvl13 come at my side and start to "try KS"(obviously he can't xD)... but i told him kindly like always "please stop KS"... he continue... "please stop kill steal ^^" ... continue... obviously my patience have a limit... I approached a to get the agro and when he approached i get out flyng... i dont need to say what happen later... he never back b:chuckle

b:bye

Never thought of this before. I gotta remember this little trick.
  • Roojie - Lost City
    Roojie - Lost City Posts: 59 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Too amusing. XD The little level 10's, I went exploring ALL over the place when I was under level 10 as a human, but never bothered the higher levels or tried to KS anyone. The KSing level 10s are almost always some 10-12 year old little kid who doesn't know. But by all means sic Mobs on them. :3
    If they get ticked you have a blacklist, for one, and two, it's not like they can do anything about it. And if it's really a bother, go to a town and teleport maybe? Though I prefer leading them into mobs... Reminds me of the time my friend started a new Veno. Some others started stalking her and KSing so she went around the corner and lead them into the level 80's. They didn't chase her anymore. :3 Also didn't know the wonders of the shift key when they tried to stand on her loot so she couldn't get it until it was free to grab for them. Didn't work~
    So cute when they be small. But better for a good laugh...
  • Isala - Sanctuary
    Isala - Sanctuary Posts: 1,607 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Too amusing. XD The little level 10's, I went exploring ALL over the place when I was under level 10 as a human, but never bothered the higher levels or tried to KS anyone. The KSing level 10s are almost always some 10-12 year old little kid who doesn't know. But by all means sic Mobs on them. :3
    If they get ticked you have a blacklist, for one, and two, it's not like they can do anything about it. And if it's really a bother, go to a town and teleport maybe? Though I prefer leading them into mobs... Reminds me of the time my friend started a new Veno. Some others started stalking her and KSing so she went around the corner and lead them into the level 80's. They didn't chase her anymore. :3 Also didn't know the wonders of the shift key when they tried to stand on her loot so she couldn't get it until it was free to grab for them. Didn't work~
    So cute when they be small. But better for a good laugh...

Heh. That reminds me of my BM. I love my BM. He's so fragile and cute. Only level 16... I remember when I got the "Go to City of the Lost & Plume" I ran there, past level 50s and everything. Took me a good hour to dodge everything, ended up hopping in the water, and swimming, but it was a good time. I had a cleric flying over head buff me as she passed by me, as I just kept hitting the sprint button every minute. I ran past mobs my veno could sneeze at and kill, and could kill me in one hit. I ran past teams taking down bosses, I ran past town and got their teleport points. It was fun, knowing that I was doing something that most people wouldn't even bother with, and having the time of my life dashing over fields, mountains, and rivers. I didn't bother the high levels, and they didn't bother me. I'm tempted to do it again...b:chuckle

On the main topic however. I agree with the idea of teaching them a lesson. If they shouldn't be there and bother you to "Powerlevel Me PLZ" and won't leave you alone, by all means, walk them over to the nearest aggresive monster. It'll be good for a laugh, and maybe stop the trend.