right stats for this build ?!!?!?!

dragonbreaker
dragonbreaker Posts: 3 Arc User
edited February 2009 in Blademaster
i was wondering what is right for aoe and for 1v1
im going to be a axe hammer ( i need help there to i don't know what better axe or hammer 2 hand or dual what the ups and downs of the 2 )
i know im going to have 6 str that 3 str each lv but after that is where i have the problem

they say 2 vit and 1 dex for aoe but then they say 2 dex and 1 vit for 1v1
is it ok to have 1vit 1 dex for aoe' ing or do i need to have the vit

recap: 6 str 2 dex 2 vit / or / 6 str 1 dex 3 vit /or/ 6 str 2 dex 1 vit

i want to aoe well but i don't want to miss alot when im not using skills
Post edited by dragonbreaker on

Comments

• Cosenmonduur - Heavens Tear
    Cosenmonduur - Heavens Tear Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Hi

I'm presuming here you've read Lyndura's Blademaster guide and are therefore using the stats
    Lyndura wrote:
    Axe/Hammer

Odd Levels: 3 STR | 2 free stat points [(1 DEX, 1 VIT),(2 VIT),(2 DEX)]
    Even Levels: 3 STR | 1 DEX | 1 VIT
    as proposed in the above quote. Which leaves you with 2 stat point per 2 levels to allocate how you seem fit, allowing for the following guidelines.
    Lyndura wrote:
    For PvE/AoE'ing you need the minimum requirements and the rest into VIT.
    For PvP you might want to add more DEX than VIT since you need the accuracy to hit other players, and the critical hit, but don't stop adding VIT.

I think I can hear that you'd like absolute certainty that however you allocate your stats will be the right and successful way. I'm going to suggest, according to the above guide points, what you could do, but ultimately it is your decision.

With the PvE/AoE'ing guidelines you're going to end up with a lot more VIT than DEX. This VIT you're going to need if you are to soak up any damage from monsters that get through your stun lock and with the PvP guidelines you end up with more DEX than VIT but ultimately not completely without VIT. (Sorry I'm repeating things)

Find a middle ground. Something between "All VIT" and "more DEX than VIT". Something like DEX=VIT. Also, maybe you'd want to go along with one option (like DEX=VIT) for a while, to find out if it's working or not. I should think it would be possible to switch to "all VIT" if you find half way though that you need more VIT.

This is only my view of the matter, which I present after reflecting on what I see and the suggestions of the guides. Please don't rely on my words alone.

To any posters that may follow, could you please also evaluate what I have written. No flames please, but criticism is sought.

cheers

Corsen
  • Samsamsimply - Heavens Tear
    Samsamsimply - Heavens Tear Posts: 169 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Commonly agreed with methods for Vit and Dex are that you are gonna add to Vit till you have about 50-60 points allocated. If you put 1 per level till level 50, you will you will have a good amount of HP....Your Dex would be a little bit low at that point, but then at that point, you will be dumping all the extra stats into Dex. IF you feel that your missing too much early you can always add accuracy stones to your weapon to help offset that. I usually would not recommend you waste your coin on stones before level 30, but, in this case it will give you both, your vit you need and the accuracy you need. And of course were ever possible find gear that will either add accuracy or add hp...I play a sword Bm but at level 49 I started building my Axe tree also, Being that my build is biased to sword I will not be able to carry the latest axes but my dex is much higher than an average Axe build I am hoping that will offset the difference.

The reason I use level 50 as a cut off for your Vit, is that is really when your getting your Aoe's going. At 39 you get Highland cleave and at 49 you get fissure for your axe build. At that point you can decide if you need more Hp, you will have an idea of your play style, you will learn how to manage your Diamond sutra, and you will decide if you are gonna rely heavily on Hp charms or if your gonna try to use pots and powders.

As far as what is better between hammers and axes dual or single. your Level 60 TT axes are dual axes, until then you just use whatever you can with the best stats. After 60, if you look at the pwi database, you will see that mostly you will be using dual axes, they seem to be the ones to choose.

Here is the Database site if you dont have it already
    http://www.pwdatabase.com/pwi/

Good luck and I hope this helped
  • dragonbreaker
    dragonbreaker Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    thanks for the help i was really wondering cause i look around the fourm and someone said after lv 80 they uselly cap vit and start adding dex or str also it seem like to me dex won't help much in pvp either unless all you going to do is swing cause most of the time they seem to use skills to do most of the dmg and that not effected by a.speed but a.speed do work for both pvp and pve when your just normal attacking
  • Ermosa - Heavens Tear
    Ermosa - Heavens Tear Posts: 292 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    u will need dexterity not for speed, but for accuracity and evasion, have you seen duel between archer and barbar? barbars don't have dex, they almost never hit archer, when they get lucky and hit archer in that while archer already can easy drain half of his hp
    if you will not have dex you won't be able to win archers and fists users
  • acidstorm
    acidstorm Posts: 22 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Example: 87 WR vs 90 full dex archer..
    WR only has 48 AGI as a requirement for axes and guess what..
    WR attacks that archer and archer lets him attack him..
    archers hiero ticks about 5 times and all you do is miss miss misssssss you can't kill him..
    DEX is absolutely important PvP wise.. so is VIT..