Using Air pets vs Land mobs

Options
Granrey - Sanctuary
Granrey - Sanctuary Posts: 2,050 Arc User
edited February 2009 in General Discussion
My question is after reading a big chunk of this tread:
http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=102241

I see some saying that is wrong to use air pets vs land mobs and that the player could get a ban for it.

I need to know if this is true since I see many venos doing it (using Bees mostly for land mobs). At the same time it does not bother me even though I'm a blademaster with no benefit from it.

I'm just curious.
Post edited by Granrey - Sanctuary on

Comments

• davais
    davais Posts: 61 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options
    My question is after reading a big chunk of this tread:
    http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=102241

I see some saying that is wrong to use air pets vs land mobs and that the player could get a ban for it.

I need to know if this is true since I see many venos doing it (using Bees mostly for land mobs). At the same time it does not bother me even though I'm a blademaster with no benefit from it.

I'm just curious.

You can not do air to land on i think 2 or 3 mobs. other time you are ok. god, even a veno do not know exactly when I can not use my air pet to attack land mobs.
  • Maiya - Lost City
    Maiya - Lost City Posts: 2,686 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options
    The three bosses you should not be using air pets on are Gouf, Kimsa, and Quillhog King. The boss does not fight back and it is considered exploiting a glitch/bug, therefore bannable. Other ones you should be fine.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Granrey - Sanctuary
    edited February 2009
    Options
    davais wrote: »
    You can not do air to land on i think 2 or 3 mobs. other time you are ok.

Sorry, I could not understand your post.

You mean killing no more than 3 is ok, but more than that is not?
  • Granrey - Sanctuary
    edited February 2009
    Options
    The three bosses you should not be using air pets on are Gouf, Kimsa, and Quillhog King. The boss does not fight back and it is considered exploiting a glitch/bug, therefore bannable. Other ones you should be fine.

Ok, I understand now. THX
  • Daerys - Sanctuary
    Daerys - Sanctuary Posts: 1,022 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options
    The bannable offense is specifically engaging monsters in such a manner that they are unable to attack you back. The specific glitch only works on melee-only mobs and only if you are in the air. Being on the ground with an air pet is perfectly acceptable. I personally can't stand aerial combat, so I level my bee on the ground.
  • Yourmom - Lost City
    Yourmom - Lost City Posts: 1,655 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options
    The bannable offense is specifically engaging monsters in such a manner that they are unable to attack you back. The specific glitch only works on melee-only mobs and only if you are in the air. Being on the ground with an air pet is perfectly acceptable. I personally can't stand aerial combat, so I level my bee on the ground.

Just so you know you can make it work while you're on the ground too, but don't do it or you get b&
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Zhoelle - Sanctuary
    Zhoelle - Sanctuary Posts: 203 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options
    And how in the world would any one know this? (unless they read this post, of course)

"Say, that's odd, the critter isn't fighting back against my bee.....what? Wait? No, why are you banning me? I always use my bee! Sure it does reduced damage, but it's cute."

Are there aerial mobs that don't fight back against land pets? I could easily see someone making an innocent error. Presumably, you would figure it out eventually, but by then you will have committed a bannable offense.
  • FoxRunning - Heavens Tear
    FoxRunning - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,048 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options
    would you please show me where it is written that you will be banned using an air pet on land bosses/mobs? i have been playing this game for some time, reading this forum, speaking to many other players, and never once heard of any such rule.

i see venos doing it all the time, with foxwings, bugs and phoenixes. i hunt from mantaback with my foxwing when mobs are too closely packed to isolate the one i want. i help squads i am in by sending in my foxwing to use howl on the boss, then switch to land tanks, or just stay in the air with her, to keep the boss where we want him, to better be able to spamheal the squad's chosen tank pet. i have fought gouf on land with land tank pets, and in the air with my foxwing. she is very good at casting howl, then keeping the attention of gouf,etc, away from the other pets. and yes, land mobs and bosses can and do fight back against air pets....ive lost her in battle more than once in this way. the only cheat involved would be if someone tried to finish a quest by having their pet pound on him alone, sans squad. in that same area, stormhorn is *quite* able to fight air attacks, and takes air pets with one whack. so, yes, bosses can be fought with air pets.

if this is a bannable offense, then the GMs are gonna be pretty freaking busy, tracking down and banning every veno in the game with an air pet and air transport.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    (and hugs to Flauschkatze for the sig!)
    "Thanks for writing me-- it's always great to hear from a vet.

-FrankieRaye"
    Playing here since '08b:heart
  • ryselle
    ryselle Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options
    Its okay to use air pets against land mobs...

As others have said, its only bannable if your using your air pet to glitch the land mobs. It was a very popular tactic against the three aforementioned bosses which is why they've earned special mention.

You have to do some planning to get the glitch to work, so "accidentally" doing it is not likely.
    edited February 2009
    Options
    how do you know its a glitch, and not just the attack doing what its supposed to do? some attacks are supposed to stun the mob, as i understand it, rendering it unable to attack for a time.

ryselle wrote: »
    Its okay to use air pets against land mobs...

As others have said, its only bannable if your using your air pet to glitch the land mobs. It was a very popular tactic against the three aforementioned bosses which is why they've earned special mention.

You have to do some planning to get the glitch to work, so "accidentally" doing it is not likely.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

-FrankieRaye"
  • Saitada - Sanctuary
    Saitada - Sanctuary Posts: 3,220 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options
    how do you know its a glitch, and not just the attack doing what its supposed to do? some attacks are supposed to stun the mob, as i understand it, rendering it unable to attack for a time.
    Certain mobs are unable to fight back against air attacks. "Sometimes" if you come at them from a different angle you can get them to attack, but that is pretty rare. The best way to figure if your glitching or not is to watch the mobs HP's. If they go down steadily and not do that auto healing bit they sometimes do, but the mob isn't fighting back at all. Just standing there looking like my brother when his wife told him she was preggers with a dumbstruck look on it's face.. then yer glitching.

~S
  • ryselle
    ryselle Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options
    If you know how the glitch works, you will know that it is obviously a glitch. I think explaining all the specifics here on the forums would be against the rules.

Any mob that doesn't have a ranged attack (bow/magic) is vulnerable to it.
    edited February 2009
    Options
    ok, that makes sense. but still, ive seen the same mob react to the same attack, and other times just stand there....weird.
    ryselle wrote: »
    If you know how the glitch works, you will know that it is obviously a glitch. I think explaining all the specifics here on the forums would be against the rules.

Any mob that doesn't have a ranged attack (bow/magic) is vulnerable to it.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

-FrankieRaye"
  • kooshdin
    kooshdin Posts: 90 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options
    Im glad i found this thread cause im a barb almost able to get his flying manta pet and if id not known about this thread i might have realised i could kill mobs from air in groups and get myself banned