Save a life, adopt a newb.

Comments

• Missdiablo - Heavens Tear
    Missdiablo - Heavens Tear Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    well i think i got the hang of a few things in the game. Although i would have so much more to learn from a mentor, i could also surely teach a few things to a brand new newb. PS: from eastern canada -5 GMT. OK well i do feel foolish now, i just realized that this tread was for sanctuary, so good luck to you guys :(
  • Sorchaa - Sanctuary
    Sorchaa - Sanctuary Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Hi Sorchaa

I can mentor you if you like,
    I am in Brussels so GMT+1, am on usually daily in evnings till around 22.30 orso.
    Send me a reply or an ingame mail

cyu then b:bye
    Hiya Morayine

Thanks so much for offering to mentor me!
    I like in Colorado, GMT-7. I'm on almost every day at random times haha.
    See you in the game!
    ....What?
  • Morayine - Sanctuary
    Morayine - Sanctuary Posts: 124 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Ok lets try to connect then, but timedifference is big, as i said i play in evnings usualy between 18.00 and 23.00 so that wud be for you 10.00 and 15.00 ?
    Weekends wud be more early for me then
    PM in game then, or send private message here ok cyub:bye
    "There's a big difference knowing the Path, and Walking the Path"
  • Pandajeff - Sanctuary
    Pandajeff - Sanctuary Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    I'd like a mentor. :'( But in all seriousness, I don't understand how most things work. If someone is willing to mentor me, feel free to do so. My character name is PandaJeff. Live in New York, dunno the time zone. I think it's 3 hours ahead of the Game time, so I'll be on at 12:00-21:00.
  • DraukaGrissa - Sanctuary
    DraukaGrissa - Sanctuary Posts: 41 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    This is an excellent idea. I'd set aside some grinding time to help out.

I think this could be a monthly thing.
    [SIGPIC]pwForumSig.jpg[/SIGPIC]

ʘ Lv 57 Veno w/Herc (alt)

"The difference between genius and stupidity, is that genius has limits" ~ Albert Einstein

"I predict future happiness for Americans if they can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people under the pretense of taking care of them." Thomas Jefferson.
  • HolyInferno - Sanctuary
    HolyInferno - Sanctuary Posts: 767 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Moral of the Thread:

You do not need a event set up like this one to help newcomers. If you see a shout on WC with someone asking for help and you can do it, go right ahead (if you're not too busy that is.) If you are flying around and you see a group in need and you can help em, do so. Build relationships through actions, they will remember you and ask for your assistance later on.

DO NOT TRY TO ADOPT A NOOB TO MAKE YOU FEEL BETTER ABOUT YOURSELFb:chuckle
    b:bye you were all swell peoples
  • Nephtarah - Sanctuary
    Nephtarah - Sanctuary Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    I really like this mentoring project. Maybe some friendly soul would like to mentor me aswell ?
    I started playing yesterday again, well lets say I discovered the game again. One year ago I was playing the MY version with lots of lags and connection troubles. I did not get to far in levels so I would consider myself still a little bit noobish.b:chuckle
    Well at least sometimes b:shy
    I am from Germany, so the timezone I'm in is GMT+1.
    I play most evenings from 7pm to 11pm, and sometimes in the afternoons if my kids let me. :)

Would be nice to meet YOU , or YOU ... ingame someday b:mischievous

*waves*

Nephtarah
  • HolyInferno - Sanctuary
    HolyInferno - Sanctuary Posts: 767 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    I really like this mentoring project. Maybe some friendly soul would like to mentor me aswell ?
    I started playing yesterday again, well lets say I discovered the game again. One year ago I was playing the MY version with lots of lags and connection troubles. I did not get to far in levels so I would consider myself still a little bit noobish.b:chuckle
    Well at least sometimes b:shy
    I am from Germany, so the timezone I'm in is GMT+1.
    I play most evenings from 7pm to 11pm, and sometimes in the afternoons if my kids let me. :)

Would be nice to meet YOU , or YOU ... ingame someday b:mischievous

*waves*

Nephtarah

I dont have the best knowledge of the human classes but if you have boss problems or game related questions, you can just PM ME HolyInferno :)
    b:bye you were all swell peoples
  • Holystic - Sanctuary
    Holystic - Sanctuary Posts: 81 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Hello Sanctuary :)

As a newbie exploring this colorful game, I find myself lost in a sea of verbage that makes about as much sense as sardines in vegetable soup Argh!. I have read many Cleric / Newbie guides and still am a bit confuzzled. I have been crusading mostly solo on my cleric for about a week now. I have experienced the joys of dying a plenty and while I enjoy this facet very much, I'm sure I could be doing this less often :P. I fight virtual thingy's from California (PST) or (GMT-8). If you would like to be my savior or just have some good crazy conversations, please look me up.

Thanks - Holystic b:pleased
  • Lukasti - Sanctuary
    Lukasti - Sanctuary Posts: 40 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Hi there Holystic.

I'll help you out. I'm an archer, but still an elf. If you have cleric-specific questions, I can ask some of my cleric friends.

I'm in MST (mountain time) and usually play after 6:30 pm, 'cause that's when I get home from work.
  • NyxKeres - Sanctuary
    NyxKeres - Sanctuary Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Hello, I would love to be a mentor :D
    I am a venomancer with some free time on my hands. PM me here or whisper me in game: NyxKeres. I play pst,-8 gmt, server time at various times.
  • Holystic - Sanctuary
    edited February 2009
    Hi Lukasti and NyxKeres. I will try and get a hold of both of you when I next log in. Thanks a bunch :)
  • Oldbear - Sanctuary
    Oldbear - Sanctuary Posts: 486 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Say does this program actually work? Let only those who have received help from "Adopt a Newb" speak. random help won't count.
  • AndromedaB - Sanctuary
    AndromedaB - Sanctuary Posts: 1,376 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    64 mage helping other mages :P
  • zoooey
    zoooey Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Really nice of you guys to set up this kind of happening.

I just managed to fire up PW today and did a few quests. So far it looks like I'm going to enjoy this game a lot.

I just quit WoW cause I kinda knew too much about the game mechanics. There weren't any new stuff to learn or new items to get ahold of. If I'd join this event you're starting it might happen that this game ends like WoW for me.

On the other hand since I know nothing about the game (haven't even allocated my skill points yet in fear of **** up) I'd appreciate it if there were some chat channel I could occasionally ask questions in, instead of being force fed any and all info about the game too soon.

I will be playing a Venomancer called 'Julyah' pretty intensively for the next few days I think.
  • AndromedaB - Sanctuary
    edited February 2009
    if anyone cares i usualy have a chat room called "NOOBSDEN" "DENOFNOOBS" or "Andromeda" or "AndromedaB" if u need help i could try... just pm or chat in the room :P
  • felweniel
    felweniel Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Is the program still active?
  • Granrey - Sanctuary
    Granrey - Sanctuary Posts: 2,050 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    I can adopt a BM. Just let me know
  • Holystic - Sanctuary
    edited February 2009
    Say does this program actually work? Let only those who have received help from "Adopt a Newb" speak. random help won't count.

I have to say it works as intended. I have asked some weird wtf questions and short of solving world hunger, my mentors Lukasti & NyxKeres have done a bang up job answering them. Trust me it beats asking strangers in the alleyways of West Anch, the things a newbie is asked to do. *cringes at the thought* b:shocked

I don't know how others have used this program but I have used it mainly for Q&As. I like to play the game and not be run through everything. About the only thing of that sort I have asked help with was in fb29.

Again thanks for the program (Deadbone) and to Lukasti & NyxKeres for putting up with me b:laugh
  • Lukasti - Sanctuary
    edited February 2009
    I have alot of fun with noobs. Holystic is one of my favorite kinds of noobs because he's active and not afraid to ask questions.

If any other noobs, pref archer or cleric want help let me know.
  • Wolfengard - Sanctuary
    Wolfengard - Sanctuary Posts: 29 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    I have to say it works as intended. I have asked some weird wtf questions and short of solving world hunger, my mentors Lukasti & NyxKeres have done a bang up job answering them. Trust me it beats asking strangers in the alleyways of West Anch, the things a newbie is asked to do. *cringes at the thought* b:shocked

I don't know how others have used this program but I have used it mainly for Q&As. I like to play the game and not be run through everything. About the only thing of that sort I have asked help with was in fb29.

Again thanks for the program (Deadbone) and to Lukasti & NyxKeres for putting up with me b:laugh

I'm glad the program works for you b:pleased

I haven't seen or heard from my newbie since day one..
  • Joswylin - Sanctuary
    Joswylin - Sanctuary Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Hi guys, I'm just curious if this program is still going on. I started playing about 2 days ago, and it would be nice to have a mentor to help me out. From what I see this works well so I would like to try it outb:thanks
  • shaso77
    shaso77 Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    im also wondering if this is still going because i started playing yesterday and i like this game but i just need some help with some more stuff
  • Kratos_blade - Sanctuary
    Kratos_blade - Sanctuary Posts: 18 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    I'm looking for a sexy blademaster to adopt and love me like a redheaded stepchild
  • Oldbear - Sanctuary
    Oldbear - Sanctuary Posts: 486 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    I guess that won't be me then.
  • AndromedaB - Sanctuary
    edited February 2009
    can a veno adopt me :P im making a veno
  • Lukasti - Sanctuary
    edited February 2009
    Hi guys, I'm just curious if this program is still going on. I started playing about 2 days ago, and it would be nice to have a mentor to help me out. From what I see this works well so I would like to try it outb:thanks

Pm NyxKeres in-game, she's at dinner right now, but she wanted a veno to help out.
    There are alot of high-lvl venos, I can ask around for you if you'd like.
    shaso77 wrote: »
    im also wondering if this is still going because i started playing yesterday and i like this game but i just need some help with some more stuff

What is your class? It's easier to pair you up with someone if we know what kind of character you are playing.
  • NyxKeres - Sanctuary
    NyxKeres - Sanctuary Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    I would like to try it outb:thanks

The both of you can pm me any time. That or message me here OR send me a chat message in game.
  • shaso77
    shaso77 Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    well im a Cleric im now lvl 11, hopefully someone will be willing to help me with advice and other things.
  • Tiaque - Sanctuary
    Tiaque - Sanctuary Posts: 293 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    If this is still going on, I'll take any newbie wiz you want to throw at me :) My hours are a bit weird now, though, but I play on the US east coast.
    "In the end, its not about LA vs robe - which is better? Its about knowing your character and how to play it." ~Blosque, Sanctuary

Director of Tsunami
    Contact me in-game if you're looking for a new home!

Ayjia (5x veno), Celys (4x full support cleric), Eirel (3x claw blademaster)