200k a hour worth of grinding myth/fact?

Divine_Demon - Heavens Tear
Divine_Demon - Heavens Tear Posts: 374 Arc User
edited February 2009 in Archer
people tell me once you hit lvl 40 you can grind 200k in one hour is that true? im an archer i want to know what mobs provide this 200k in a hour worth of grinding if its a myth plz tell me and tell me if you made 200k a hour grinding and on what mob?
"When life gives you arrows give them back ", Divine_Demon b:sin
Post edited by Divine_Demon - Heavens Tear on

Comments

• Jandira - Sanctuary
    Jandira - Sanctuary Posts: 82 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    I'd like to know the answer to that too! And are they including the money made from drops?
  • Divine_Demon - Heavens Tear
    edited February 2009
    I'd like to know the answer to that too! And are they including the money made from drops?

how much have you gottin while grinding and on what mobs?
  • Serjah - Heavens Tear
    Serjah - Heavens Tear Posts: 265 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    200k bunnies?
    A patch full of glitch,
    Makes my eyes twitch.
    Should i continue playing this game or switch,
    because this is a serious problem and not a simple itch.
    Some bug abusing noob gets rich,
    While a honest players get the ditch.
    Please rollback if you wanna enrich,
    or this game would just be a ****

by xtrm9
  • Torinchibi - Lost City
    Torinchibi - Lost City Posts: 499 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    There are certain things that may give you more profit. Like grinding fir Element Essence and selling the drops or grinding mobs that drop Mystical Blood, or hay. You would have to get about 40 element essences and sell for around 4.5k to get 200k.

You can get 200k per hour at maybe 60+ (but that's a stretch). 80+ though 200k per hour is possible if you solo high drop low life mobs and just straight out npc the DQ.
    edited February 2009
    There are certain things that may give you more profit. Like grinding fir Element Essence and selling the drops or grinding mobs that drop Mystical Blood, or hay. You would have to get about 40 element essences and sell for around 4.5k to get 200k.

You can get 200k per hour at maybe 60+ (but that's a stretch). 80+ though 200k per hour is possible if you solo high drop low life mobs and just straight out npc the DQ.

so what is the max for lvl 42(turning 43 very soon) for grinding money in one hour and on what mob and where? who drops element essence? who drops hay?
  • Jandira - Sanctuary
    edited February 2009
    I have no idea really how much I've gotten at one time, but certainly never more than 75-100k. But after repairing equipment, buying pots and whatever else I might need, there's not much left over.

I did find that for our lvl, RubyBead Herbs will make you some money, even just selling back to merchants. But at the moment I can't remember what drops them, some kind of flying thing is all I know.

It just seems like most people I run into have no money problems. Always have enough. Not me... feel like I am perpetually broke! And when I ask them how they do it, they think I'm nuts for having money problems.
  • Swifti - Heavens Tear
    Swifti - Heavens Tear Posts: 21 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    i wouldnt worry about griding for $$... as an archer you should end up with plenty. at your level i would grind on lofty pterosaurs(above anglers) or native vipions(north of swiftwind). you will end up with tons of DQ items and xp from those
  • Jandira - Sanctuary
    edited February 2009
    Cool, thanks! I really need another lvl before attempting the next quest I have and grinding is the best way to go and making money in the process would help me alot.

Because you see... there's this weapon for about 150k that I really want! b:victory
  • Lukasti - Sanctuary
    Lukasti - Sanctuary Posts: 40 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    i wouldnt worry about griding for $$... as an archer you should end up with plenty.

Lol maybe I'm broke because I do all of the crafts? and lvl up all my skills. . .
    And I like to zhen. . . .

You can get hay from the abyssmal mysteries south of Arch in the river. I would just get 2 or 3 and then stop for the day, 'cause it takes a while esp if you aren't @ lvl 34, which is what the mobs are. Those mobs have the highest drop rate for hay, that I know of.
  • Kristoph - Lost City
    Kristoph - Lost City Posts: 2,016 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    1. Make a veno
    2. ???
    3. Profit
    Wondering how much longer these **** packs are going to be around.
    edited February 2009
    thx and by the way i think ill stick with the lofts so far ive made like 100k of them and i wanted to know if there are any other that are better and i just want to buy skills and upgrade my manufacturing skills like craftsman, blacksmith, and tailoring so thx all of you
  • Shikyura - Sanctuary
    Shikyura - Sanctuary Posts: 143 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    below 70 even i dont think you can unless you get lucky with drops or such...in terms of NPCing for 200k+...most definetly not (99.9% sure)

at 80+ though its possible...like osmeone said ealrier...DQ npcing...the most ive gotten in one hour was about 250-300k worth of NPC loots (equip + DQ)...minus the 25k repair cost...and bolts used...yeah roughly 200k+...

depends on luck...sometimes ull get like no DQ drops...sometimes youll get alot more...its what you can sell (if you do) to players and at what price...that usually makes the most money
  • Mosz - Heavens Tear
    Mosz - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,181 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Shikyura what you kill in the 80s?
    for me it seems to have gone downhill since butterflys went green, that or its hard to stand an hour of grind with the **** xp
  • Shikyura - Sanctuary
    Shikyura - Sanctuary Posts: 143 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    yeah the duration between 83-85 is bad...especially at 85...when yo ulose the tab

for 85..save quests/tough it out with acephalids or undine mystics

at 86...go fishing imo
  • TigerLily - Lost City
    TigerLily - Lost City Posts: 1,209 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Thing is as an archer even if you at 80+ can get 200k per hour in DQ + other drops u still dont get a decent profit unless you have cleric healing you outside party. Cant really avoid the costs in pots + charm+repairs and they tend to eat up a big amount of the profit. Dont matter that u can kill stuff before they hit u...new mobs have a tendency to ALWAYS spawn right on top of your head while you're killing something else . My lvl 65 veno makes more profit grinding than my lvl 95 archer. Classes are so balanced in this game...
  • XxTORMENTAxx - Heavens Tear
    XxTORMENTAxx - Heavens Tear Posts: 88 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    I can get almost 200K an hour and not have any repair costs.

Well, in more detail I can GATHER enough supplies to setup a store to make about 200K in about an hour. So far by just gathering supplies on my Swiftwind Panther I have sold about 1 million and that is selling at 500coins sometimes. I never selling over 1K either.

I have setup a route and just keep looping and all spots are back up and ready to be picked once I have made my loops.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Mosz - Heavens Tear
    edited February 2009
    thanks shik and tiger, kinda confirmed what i though
  • Jandira - Sanctuary
    edited February 2009
    Tormenta what do you harvest? Herbs?
  • thanduril
    thanduril Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    aye i agree with Tormenta.
    archers are hard to level up, unless your a huge cash maller and can burn money on mp charms. but with the poor mp regen an archer got, gold charms burn up even before the hour is done.

but best thing what you can do at lvl 4x is run around collecting mid mats and selling them off as ultimate sustance for around 60k each.
    an hours worth non-stop mat hunting gives you around 400k coins when the ulti substances are sold.

i`d put my money on the fact that spending a couple hours collecting mats and then using the profits to buy charms and go zhenning for another couple hours might get you more xp than grinding non stop for around 4 hours.

there are particular mat spots which are the best source of income for all the players who dont invest in buying zen, but all i can say is : dont intrude on my mat spot b:victory
  • __Longshot__ - Sanctuary
    __Longshot__ - Sanctuary Posts: 135 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    When you all say you make that much for the drops, do you mean selling to merchants or running your own shop?
  • p3nnstate
    p3nnstate Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    i sell my dq to merchants. Being a lv65 archer, I simply use frost arrow and knockback arrow and I will get hit once if I dont get a critical hit.(fighting lv68 mobs) I have total of +6 magic regen bonus from items and the default +1 regen everyone has. Include that and like 70% of the time im buffed with regen so 1+7+(atleast 8 from spell) its +16.

I run out of mp after like 15-20 mobs considering some have increased life/defence which I use aim low. I regen back 32mp's per second. I get my mp back up FAST and even during battle my mp regen is like 6 or 8 i forget.

Mp not a problem...health sometimes is but i regen that like mad. Arrows...I ALWAYS buy the cheapest arrows/bolts/shot cause I see no difference using others. I am whats called a conservative archer...i dont make 200k an hour, but I can make enough money for my awsome armour/weapons.
    Let me heat you up
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Mosz - Heavens Tear
    edited February 2009
    p3nnstate wrote: »
    Mp not a problem...health sometimes is but i regen that like mad. Arrows...I ALWAYS buy the cheapest arrows/bolts/shot cause I see no difference using others. I am whats called a conservative archer...i dont make 200k an hour, but I can make enough money for my awsome armour/weapons.

if you're using frost +knockback your wep isint so awesome, with an awesome wep all you need is winged shell+knockback(sometimes)
  • Manicero - Sanctuary
    Manicero - Sanctuary Posts: 33 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    I have been making about 150k an hour most of the time killing native vipions they drop rubyhead herbs alot and usually after an hour or so i got about 30+ and i collect al lthe coins which gets me like 20k+ and also get any other drops it gots

got about 700k grinding away 2 lvls there
  • Kristoph - Lost City
    Kristoph - Lost City Posts: 2,016 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    if you're using frost +knockback your wep isint so awesome, with an awesome wep all you need is winged shell+knockback(sometimes)
    If you're using a good weapon that cooldown on winged shell is going to **** you off.
    Wondering how much longer these **** packs are going to be around.
  • Legerity - Sanctuary
    Legerity - Sanctuary Posts: 1,072 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    With an awesome weapon all you need is autoattack.

And yes, shell's cooldown will be a pain in the **** if you get an awesome weapon. (like uber awesome)
  • white7
    white7 Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    there is no uberawesome weapon, unless its +9+, +xxx mil shards, you always use knockback/frost :)
  • mogwai
    mogwai Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    ~800K in 20 min....sell 10 gold in auction house at about 108k each
    mmorpg is R'lyehian for: Innumerable quantities of grown babies
    discussing & often complaining about the imaginary.
    [SIGPIC]http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=1618000&dateline=1316204434[/SIGPIC]
  • sillyfoo
    sillyfoo Posts: 286 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    mogwai wrote: »
    ~800K in 20 min....sell 10 gold in auction house at about 108k each

Hmmm....i think this topic ment like grinding not selling zen.
  • SomebodyTwo - Heavens Tear
    SomebodyTwo - Heavens Tear Posts: 145 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    For lvl 40's the best way is to grind the cloudmelding vipions near the starting cites (etherblade, plume, lost) i went from 100k at lvl 40 and 70% to 1 mil at lvl 42 and 80% in 5 days at about 2 - 4 hours a day of non stop grinding (no quests or anything) just from NPCing rubybead herbs and other drops! although that said i then immediately bought a panther (for 1 mil) and have had money problems ever since lol.
    [...] It just seems like most people I run into have no money problems. Always have enough. Not me... feel like I am perpetually broke! [...]

Well you aren't the only one... lol
    My Youtube Channel:
    youtube.com/user/somebodythe5th
  • Legerity - Sanctuary
    Legerity - Sanctuary Posts: 1,072 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    white7 wrote: »
    there is no uberawesome weapon, unless its +9+, +xxx mil shards, you always use knockback/frost :)

That's what I meant. ;o