Wizard Weapons

danerius
danerius Posts: 1 Arc User
edited February 2009 in Wizard
Hey :) I'm pretty new to the game so I'd like to ask some questions about the weapons in the game.
Well I'm a level 31 trying to get a better weapon then Trial Wand. Now of course I'd like it to be around 3 star etc, the question is what weapon should I get?

I'm not all that rich so keep in mind it should be cheap, also give info about your suggestions :) thank you
Post edited by danerius on

Comments

• Vallren - Lost City
    Vallren - Lost City Posts: 19 Arc User
    edited October 2008
    What I did was hopped on the Auction House and bought something.

However if you want a three star item be prepared to drop down 100k+.
  • Calibix - Heavens Tear
    Calibix - Heavens Tear Posts: 105 Arc User
    edited October 2008
    I suggest working on your blacksmithing to make your own weapons, as there are 4 different types of magic weapons. Wands, magic sword, patakas and glaives iirc. I personally like swords and glaives. Swords are pretty consistent damage, while glaives min/max vary a little more, but not as widely as the patakas.

These numbers are all from the lvl 5 magic weapons, lvl requirements of 31, 34, 37, and 39 respectively.

Wands are the most consistent. Min/max dmg are very close to each other. 202-206
    Swords are the slightly less consistent, but have a better range. 203-249
    Patakas are the hope you hit the big number spike dmg weapon. 174-323
    Glaives are good for spikes as well, but are a little on the safer side compared to pestles. 211-316

Hope that helps.
  • /haiku/ - Lost City
    /haiku/ - Lost City Posts: 286 Arc User
    edited October 2008
    The level 29? (I think it was 29) glaive that looks like an axe overpowered the Trial Wand for me at around 30, so if you're looking for something cheap to get you by, the npc weapons will do the job until you find something better like a rare or legendary. As for 3 stars, hit up the auction house if you've got the cash to spare, make your own if you don't, or farm FBs with your guild for legendary molds if you want something that will really last.

I personally prefer to use magic swords and glaives as well. The spike damage is nice for pvp, and the minimum ranges are higher than that of a pataka.
    /Haiku/ -- Cognitive atrophy at its finest.
    No longer the mistress of being ohko PK'd.
  • rogerd
    rogerd Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited October 2008
    Wizard weapons that have histories and abilities matching their history, as well as rules governing such weapons in a campaign. Weapons of Legacy is a supplemental rulebook for the Dungeons and Dragons role-playing game published by Wizards of the Coast.
    edited October 2008
    rogerd wrote: »
    Wizard weapons that have histories and abilities matching their history, as well as rules governing such weapons in a campaign. Weapons of Legacy is a supplemental rulebook for the Dungeons and Dragons role-playing game published by Wizards of the Coast.

um.. what?
  • Calibix - Heavens Tear
    Calibix - Heavens Tear Posts: 105 Arc User
    edited October 2008

Yea seriously, where did that come from? lol
  • Cglkenjio - Sanctuary
    Cglkenjio - Sanctuary Posts: 23 Arc User
    edited February 2009

seriously were did that come from ????? super random 4 no reason
  • Sejhia - Heavens Tear
    Sejhia - Heavens Tear Posts: 20 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Look for a good Sages pestle. I found one on HT for about 80 000 with 3* and +69 phys def. No slots though but its not like I'm going to be using it forever.
    As far as crafting goes that is partly how I have that kind of money to spend. For 1 it saves me buying weapons and for another any nice weapons I craft can be auctioned. I also had 2 other characters I tried raising before so I had some cash from DQ as well as normal cash from drops to spare.
    Another note on crafting is that so far from my experience you are more likely to craft a 2* weapon (sometimes socketed) than a 3*. In fact I have never crafted a 3* but my 2*s can sell well enough to afford me a 3* if the auction house has any.
    There is also cat shops but I find going through them a bit tedious but if you don't mind it then thats another good source.

But as I said look for a good Sage's Pestle. Even a 2* socketed one will do well.
  • Maciaveli - Lost City
    Maciaveli - Lost City Posts: 260 Arc User
    edited February 2009

Lol! Chatting bubbles are we? b:laugh
    Main Character: Nicolanis; 8x Venomancer - The Best No-Nix Robe User On Lost City(Not Much Competition There Though) b:victory

Faction: Harvester b:shocked

Current Reputation:- 50xx/200,000 Wearing Rank 4 Chest Armorb:dirty
This discussion has been closed.