Imput on this would be greatly appreciated. Thanksb:pleased
Post edited by dwx on

Comments

• StrongWings - Sanctuary
    StrongWings - Sanctuary Posts: 31 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options
    Actually I can just speak for myself
    I am vitality build 6mag 3vit 1str each 2lvls and till now I havent any problems to solo quests - of course except the bosses and fb
    So this build seems nice for me - I really enjoy playing it b:pleased
    I think with 9mag 1str build you will be dying more often..
    But I never played the second build so can not say for sure.

Whichever build u chose have fun b:victory
  • Coshten - Sanctuary
    Coshten - Sanctuary Posts: 92 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options
    Builds are a waste of time... All you do is, at the beginning get vit, str, and dex around 20 and leave them be... Put the rest in magic... Then later, go to the auctioneer and look at the stats for your next lvl armor and weapons and put the points in str, vit, and dex to match those but don't go any higher on those and put ALL the rest in magic... Simple, match you armor and weapons and put ALL the rest in magic... When you fight stuff hit an ironheart before they hit you and your fine... I killed a group of 6 Adawolf Alchrons (I think thats how you spell it) and they were my lvl and I had no problem w/ it... My dad is a blademaster and I finish his quests for him cuz I do insane damage and there's no way to die w/ ironheart as long was you watch your magic and keep it up w/ potions and keep an ironheart or two on you... b:victory

oh and I do around 3.5k damage without spark or crit w/ my wield thunder spell w/ these points... I steal aggro from every class because I do more damage than any of them cuz of my really high magic... Hope this helps...
  • Nelae - Heavens Tear
    Nelae - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,490 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options
    Dont put a single point on dex if you dont plan on using light armor.
    1str every 2lvs is actually all the str you need for anything *if not LA*
    and you wont have to worry about it.
    9mag 1str is cool for pve, faster grinding, tho later on start giving some vit
    to survive.
    Or just go 6mag 3vit 1str (7mag 1vit 1str) from the start.

Builds are a waste of time... All you do is, at the beginning get vit, str, and dex around 20 and leave them be... Put the rest in magic... Then later, go to the auctioneer and look at the stats for your next lvl armor and weapons and put the points in str, vit, and dex to match those but don't go any higher on those and put ALL the rest in magic... Simple, match you armor and weapons and put ALL the rest in magic... When you fight stuff hit an ironheart before they hit you and your fine... I killed a group of 6 Adawolf Alchrons (I think thats how you spell it) and they were my lvl and I had no problem w/ it... My dad is a blademaster and I finish his quests for him cuz I do insane damage and there's no way to die w/ ironheart as long was you watch your magic and keep it up w/ potions and keep an ironheart or two on you... b:victory

oh and I do around 3.5k damage without spark or crit w/ my wield thunder spell w/ these points... I steal aggro from every class because I do more damage than any of them cuz of my really high magic... Hope this helps...

As i said no dex of you dont plan on light armor *LA*
    Now i am not sure if those "Adawolf Alchrons" are the magic ones, if so, may be you can but i doubt it took only 1 ironheart, probably took 5-6 just to survive and kill 1.
    And if those were the psy ones, eer no way.
    3.5k dmg isnt special, my non crit spike go to 3.7-3.8k
    b:dirty
  • _WillFire_ - Sanctuary
    _WillFire_ - Sanctuary Posts: 563 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options
    dwx wrote: »
    Which cleric build is better for solo:

Per 10 attribute points-

Full attack: 9 mag, 1 str

Balanced: 6 mag, 1 str, 3 vit

Imput on this would be greatly appreciated. Thanksb:pleased

I'm full Mag ( 9 mag, 1 str ).

The early levels ( 1-19 ) are a touch difficult until you get kiting down pat. After that you learn to grind on mobs that cast whenever possible.

Once you get Ironheart the issues you face out there are pretty much moot. There isn't a single mob out there that can kill you except for the mini-bosses and actually bosses. Even the shooting mobs are easily dealt with by stacking an Ironheart or two on yourself before engaging.

The other advantage to full Mag is your damage. At lower levels the differences are small but as you progress it magnifies. You'll need that damage later on both to kill mobs before they get to you and also simply for efficiency sake. 2-4 shots on a mob is a lot better than 4-6.

Now...that being said there is the issue of TT ( Twilite Temple ) runs and bosses that AoE in general. A full Mag cleric has to pay extreme attention to his/her gear. There are several bosses in TT that will one shot you if your hp is below 2500 ( with a Barb buff ). HP shards and refining your armor are extremely important. Even with that you still run the risk of getting flattened if the Boss ( rarely but it happens ) AoE's twice within the time your charm ticks.

So for general PvE the full Mag cleric is excellent both in healing power ( it's based off your mAtk ) and killing power. Also more efficient mana wise. The con side is equips.

Now...that being said...what about the Cleric that tosses a bunch into Vit? Nothing particularly wrong with that except that efficiency wise it sucks rocks. Survival in TT's goes up. But do the math and see what you are going to gain and loose.
    Mark 12:29-37
    _WillFire_ 8x Combat Medic
  • Nelae - Heavens Tear
    edited February 2009
    Options
    True, even with 8mag 1vit 1str you get 700-800 less dmg by lv 60.
    But the refine/gem cost for going full mag to survive TT >.<
  • Forp - Heavens Tear
    Forp - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,445 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options
    True, even with 8mag 1vit 1str you get 700-800 less dmg by lv 60.
    But the refine/gem cost for going full mag to survive TT >.<

there's a nifty tool on your utility belt called plume shell, use it newby.
  • Faustinna - Heavens Tear
    Faustinna - Heavens Tear Posts: 176 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options

Yes as if clerics did not already waste enough mana, spam plume shell whenever it's up and see your hp charm wither ten times as fast. Plume shell = emergency situation. Don't even mention that as a staple of our defensive spells unless you can buy endless mana charms.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Forp - Heavens Tear
    edited February 2009
    Options
    i don't remember ever needed a spirit charm to take a few hits if the barb/veno pulls to many and doesn't aggro all.
  • Nelae - Heavens Tear
    edited February 2009
    Options
    i don't remember ever needed a spirit charm to take a few hits if the barb/veno pulls to many and doesn't aggro all.

Thats bull* coming from you who hates full int builds as i recall.
    Most ppl dont pay with real life cash to get rich in game and make super cool items or buy MP/HP charms, and further more **** ups do happen while grinding/TT/FB or such.
    Using it while grinding is not mp efficient.
    But really you waste ppl time for no reason, question was what is best for SOLO. So post about that or just dont post at all.
  • Sylvae - Sanctuary
    Sylvae - Sanctuary Posts: 1,018 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options
    Obviously if you plan on solo as your main way to play, full mag is the best and most efficient way to accomplish this. Build preference and playstyle BS aside, if you are going for solo then your best bet is to kill as quickly as possible. The extra healing boost is just a nice extra.

Now this is of course assuming you are capable of not playing this poorly. Not everyone is very good at playing the class as good as others. For me, I could solo kill flying mobs 5 lvls higher than me at the thickest point and only reason I would die every once in a while is that I'm cheap. No hp charm and I wouldn't cast my heal spell until I was hovering at 500 or less. That way I didn't waste mana for healing I didn't receive. And out of the 7 lvls I gained killing alucard minions, I died 3 times. Not bad when duos were having trouble in the area I soloed.

The only reason to add vit when you plan on soloing, is you aren't good enough to stay alive. In this case you gimp your damage, increase time for lvling, all in the hope that the extra health will help you live. You'd be better off just using ironheart more often though.

In TT full mag still works. It can solo many areas, and do the group modes as well. I was in one of, if not the, first group to do 2-1 group in Sanctuary, and we had an easy time even while coming up with strategies on how to do it. The only reason plume shell gets used is in case things go bad. If you end up using it alot in one run, either the cleric sucks or the group does. Died once in a group from my mistake, and about 4 from other people's mistakes. One of the reasons I do not miss TT. Fun the first couple times when you have good people, bad when clueless ones get you killed.
  • scridon
    scridon Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options

Plume shell is only useful when you can actually use it. While fighting boss's in TT most often you wont need it cause your obviously not the tank and not going to get hit. The only instance where it might be beneficial to a cleric is against soulbanisher, however while up against soulbanisher you will be in aura and you cant use it anyway. And trust me when you go up against soulbanisher you will need a good amount of hp to survive. A friend of mine who is full magic build dies (edit: I mean died, as in pastence) every single time against him. b:chuckle
    edited February 2009
    Options
    Going full mag and no vit will also hurt you on some TT bosses. I go 3 mag to 1 vit ratio, someone i know went full mag. At drum lord, he gets one shotted by the aoe part, i dont. An extra 1000hp + hp shards goes a long way to keeping you alive from the one shot. That's where Vit is important, not getting one shotted.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Livedeath - Heavens Tear
    Livedeath - Heavens Tear Posts: 77 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options
    You can get by with full MAG if you got good gear. But if you are poor, please dont roll full MAG. Your party and your character will hate you. Lots of deaths on the horizon for you. But going full mag until 60 or 70 should be no problem and faster leveling.
  • Forp - Heavens Tear
    edited February 2009
    Options
    Thats bull* coming from you who hates full int builds as i recall.
    Most ppl dont pay with real life cash to get rich in game and make super cool items or buy MP/HP charms, and further more **** ups do happen while grinding/TT/FB or such.
    Using it while grinding is not mp efficient.
    But really you waste ppl time for no reason, question was what is best for SOLO. So post about that or just dont post at all.

Who in the hell told you I hate full int builds? I AM a full int build you nimwit. don't make assumptions, hush.
  • Mysticlifex - Heavens Tear
    Mysticlifex - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,175 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options
    If you read the reasons why people add alot of vit and you piece it all up it comes down to "Makes it easier"

That to me is not a valid reason to add vit

Adding vit - lowers mp pool and weakens your magic attack as well as having less points in mag your heals are not as good.

However with the fact that Chin 1 hits me with his physical AoE well that shuts me up. lol.
    We're MysticAve my name is not Dave
    (Poem in the making - Shall be epic)
  • Deceptistar - Sanctuary
    Deceptistar - Sanctuary Posts: 10,454 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options
    Builds are a waste of time... All you do is, at the beginning get vit, str, and dex around 20 and leave them be... Put the rest in magic... Then later, go to the auctioneer and look at the stats for your next lvl armor and weapons and put the points in str, vit, and dex to match those but don't go any higher on those and put ALL the rest in magic...
    Basically what I did too. (except for DEX which i left at 5)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]lagunal8.deviantart.com
    ★"New weekly quests! "Discover the bug in the patch""-Nihillae★"My father would beat me if he found out I was QQing over a virtual pony."-Neurosis★"You're amongst the biggest blobs of fail I've ever seen in my life."-Ninnuam★"A statistic said 3% people of the world get enjoyment primarily from making people upset, and you are trying to discriminate them"-ilystah★["How To Tank Rebirth Order Delta (86+)"-Stickygreen Barb (1)restat. you want full magic, Arcane armour build (2)when mobs come /faceroll on your keyboard and you will one shot all the mobs (3)rinse and repeat]★"I've been spammed with 3 poops for 2 hours."-ColdSteele★"If someone fights learning, I don't bother with them outside of amusement factor."-Telarith★"This thread is a joke right? Please say yes."-eatwithspoons★ "This is why you don't post your opinions on the internet, most of the replies you get will be from people who missed a hug or two sometime in their youth."-Alacol★"Sexy! A post with a Binomial Distribution."-Asterelle★"It's about time PW starts to separate out the noob Sins from the rest."-salvati0n★"Shoo troll >:O"-TheDan
  • Forp - Heavens Tear
    edited February 2009
    Options
    If you read the reasons why people add alot of vit and you piece it all up it comes down to "Makes it easier"

That to me is not a valid reason to add vit

Adding vit - lowers mp pool and weakens your magic attack as well as having less points in mag your heals are not as good.

However with the fact that Chin 1 hits me with his physical AoE well that shuts me up. lol.

i thought you were a godly cleric? i've soloed chin.
  • Nelae - Heavens Tear
    edited February 2009
    Options
    Who in the hell told you I hate full int builds? I AM a full int build you nimwit. don't make assumptions, hush.

You hush "nimwit", the fact still stands.
    Post about topic or open your own topci where you can "own" others
  • Coshten - Sanctuary
    edited February 2009
    Options
    As i said no dex of you dont plan on light armor *LA*
    Now i am not sure if those "Adawolf Alchrons" are the magic ones, if so, may be you can but i doubt it took only 1 ironheart, probably took 5-6 just to survive and kill 1.
    And if those were the psy ones, eer no way.
    3.5k dmg isnt special, my non crit spike go to 3.7-3.8k

Yea, if you never wanna critical and be easy as **** to hit... Yes, they were the magic but I can take jus as many physical mobs as well... I have my dex around 20 and I crit all the time on mobs... It help me alot cuz I solo almost all my quests besides bosses and stuff... I don't want to argue w/ you but don't bash my character when you don't even know me...b:shutup If you used that build then that means your mag. is higher than mine and you have an extra 100 damage to show for it... thats not even worth bragging over cuz I crit more than you and I do around 6k when I do... So if you're gonna bash on my build then at least think it thru...
  • Raviste - Heavens Tear
    Raviste - Heavens Tear Posts: 288 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options
    Extra 100 damage? I don't think so. MAG acts as a damage amplifier, and all those points that you wasted in DEX will show at the higher levels. Note that I'm talking pure damage, not survivability.

And FYI, Wield Thunder (which is not maxed for my level) does about 6k on mobs anyway, so why would I want to rely on a lucky crit?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Retired - Radiance
  • Coshten - Sanctuary
    edited February 2009
    Options
    Extra 100 damage? I don't think so. MAG acts as a damage amplifier, and all those points that you wasted in DEX will show at the higher levels. Note that I'm talking pure damage, not survivability.

And FYI, Wield Thunder (which is not maxed for my level) does about 6k on mobs anyway, so why would I want to rely on a lucky crit?

You're also higher lvl than I am so of course your gonna do more damage... And FYI I kno what mag does... I was talkin to the other person who commented on my build and she was around my lvl so back the f**k off a lil... My wield thunder isn't maked out either and I'm like 15 lvls below you and I'm already almost doing 4k w/ it, even with some of my points in dex... By the time I'm your lvl I'll be doin 6k or more w/ it and alot more than that when I crit (which will happen more for me than you). So back the f**k off, cuz I wasn't even talking to you...
  • Raviste - Heavens Tear
    edited February 2009
    Options
    Rude much?

And sweetie, as you level and therefore increase in attack skills, the mobs also level with you. Their defense gets so high that you'd basically see the same damage that you're used to on the lower level mobs. The Wield Thunder damage I was talking about was on level 73+ mobs; if I used it on a lower level mob, it'd be 7.5k-8k. =/

Your crit rate also isn't reliable enough. 20 DEX = 1% crit, add that to your base 1% crit rate and you'll have 2%. If you have the Christmas Blessing that's a 3% crit rate, so in 100 shots you'll crit 3 times as compared to my 1 crit? Have fun expecting crits rather than pure constant damage.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Retired - Radiance
    edited February 2009
    Options
    Rude much?

And sweetie, as you level and therefore increase in attack skills, the mobs also level with you. Their defense gets so high that you'd basically see the same damage that you're used to on the lower level mobs. The Wield Thunder damage I was talking about was on level 73+ mobs; if I used it on a lower level mob, it'd be 7.5k-8k. =/

Your crit rate also isn't reliable enough. 20 DEX = 1% crit, add that to your base 1% crit rate and you'll have 2%. If you have the Christmas Blessing that's a 3% crit rate, so in 100 shots you'll crit 3 times as compared to my 1 crit? Have fun expecting crits rather than pure constant damage.

How dare you contradict him? Don't you know he knows everything about the game? Did you not get the memo that stated he is the godlike authority on all things PWI? Seriously get with the program...you don't argue with him, he knows it all!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Raviste - Heavens Tear
    edited February 2009
    Options
    How dare you contradict him? Don't you know he knows everything about the game? Did you not get the memo that stated he is the godlike authority on all things PWI? Seriously get with the program...you don't argue with him, he knows it all!

I'm sorry. T.T I know better now. D: I shall not contradict the almighty light armor cleric.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Retired - Radiance
  • nivy
    nivy Posts: 14 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options
    I recommend hybrid build. Str according to minimum reqirement for magical armor, Mag according to minimum requirement for magical weapon and rest in vit. Leave dex at 5.
  • Coshten - Sanctuary
    edited February 2009
    Options
    lol ya'll are hilarious... Sry bout the snappiness... I was tired yesterday... Monday is my longest day for classes... I only snapped cuz you trashed my build... Oh and as far that your theory of mobs defense getting higher and you do the same damage, that makes absolutely no sense... If that was true then all of us would still be doing the same damage we started the game doing... My damage is not much lower than your's, is what I'm saying and my crit is a lil higher so I will crit a lil more often, making up most of the difference plus I'm a lil harder to hit cuz of the higher dex... I'm not trying to say my build is any better than your's, I'm just saying that it evens out to where there isn't much of a difference so there is no point in bashing on my build and saying I'm wrong or stupid or whatever for adding a few points to dex... b:bye
  • Coshten - Sanctuary
    edited February 2009
    Options
    I'm sorry. T.T I know better now. D: I shall not contradict the almighty light armor cleric.

Oh and I'm not light armor... I'm arcane... LA takes alot more than 20 points in dex and I'm not willing to put anymore than that in it...
  • Raviste - Heavens Tear
    edited February 2009
    Options
    Have you tried killing mobs about 20 levels below you, mobs your level, and mobs 20 levels above? The damage you do will differ by a lot. =/ Marginal rise in damage against same level mobs as you level, not much. My damage at level 50 and my damage now with Plume Shot differ by about 1k at most.

Wait, let me get this straight: You're an arcane cleric with 20 points in DEX?

Okay... b:surrender
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Retired - Radiance
  • Mysticlifex - Heavens Tear
    Mysticlifex - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,175 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options
    Hmm...
    I feel like killing emerald qingfu with Tempest, who's with me?
    We're MysticAve my name is not Dave
    (Poem in the making - Shall be epic)
  • Coshten - Sanctuary
    edited February 2009
    Options
    Have you tried killing mobs about 20 levels below you, mobs your level, and mobs 20 levels above? The damage you do will differ by a lot. =/ Marginal rise in damage against same level mobs as you level, not much. My damage at level 50 and my damage now with Plume Shot differ by about 1k at most.

Well of course... I didn't say their def didn't go up... You do do more damage as you lvl tho... Mobs jus also have more life than low lvl ones do along w/ a lil higher def...

What I was sayin tho is that your damage does go up even against mobs your lvl... If not then we'd all still be doing the same amount of damage we started the game doing... If your theory was correct then (say you did 100 damage at the beginning of the game) you'd still be doing 100 damage to the mobs now cuz they're def would even it out... That just doesn't make any sense...

I said once I made it to over 70 then I'd be doing around 6-7k too and everyone wanted to argue and say the mobs def would cause me to not be... That doesn't make sense cuz if that was true then none of us would be doing over that "100" damage we started with...
    Wait, let me get this straight: You're an arcane cleric with 20 points in DEX?

Okay... b:surrender

um... lets see... YES!!! thats what this whole f**kin arguement was about... >.< nevermind... this is a waste of both of our lives...