Valentine Event worth it? (male)

nuclearbomba
nuclearbomba Posts: 1 Arc User
edited February 2009 in General Discussion
From what the event said ONLINE!

Elaborate Bouquet (1x Rose):Minor amount of EXP and Spirit

Elegant Bouquet (9x Roses):Medium amount of EXP and Spirit

Deluxe Bouquet (99x Roses):Maximum amount of EXP and Spirit

As for the male ...Whats weird is... 1 rose i got 13k EXP. and 99 roses... i still got 13k EXP and same 2.6k Spirit.
Did they messed up the event again? I'm just curious... Because above it said "Deluxe Bouquet (99x Roses):Maximum amount of EXP and Spirit"

opinions anyone?
Post edited by nuclearbomba on

Comments

• XKIAx - Heavens Tear
    XKIAx - Heavens Tear Posts: 373 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    I agree this is messed up for male characters.

I have a theory to this: I think the developers copied and pasted the code for Elaborate Bouquet on to Elegant/Deluxe, but only changed the xp/sp values for the female classes, but forgot to change it for males too.

Whatever the case may be, they need to fix it. This event is a waste of time for male classes, which makes it useless to female classes, which just makes it useless in all aspects.

I'm 79 and i got 245k xp and 48600 SP from the deluxe bouquet. The level 61 male that did the quest with me only got like 7k xp.... Utter waste of time.
  • Solandri - Heavens Tear
    Solandri - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,843 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Sounds like Valentine's in real life. The guy spends money, the girl gets a gift.
  • nuclearbomba
    edited February 2009
    Event EXP is messed up + typo in the event also!.

Elaborate Bouquet (1x Rose): 1 Valentine Sweet Pendant Fragment /1 Love Like Honey Rose peddles/1 PWI’s Regard...Minor amount of EXP and Spirit (who knows)

Elegant Bouquet (9x Roses): 1 Valentine Sweet Pendant Fragment / 2 Love Like Honey Rose peddles/ 10 PWI’s Regard<<<< typoin the forum ** its 2 instead of 10...Medium amount of EXP and Spirit (not true)

Deluxe Bouquet (99x Roses): 1 Valentine Sweet Pendant Fragment /10 Love Like Honey Rose peddles
    10 PWI’s Regard/1 Faithful Wish (Male only)...Maximum amount of EXP and Spirit (not true)

I did all 3 and got all the same exp and spirit. GM please look into it. Thanx!.
  • Kiralia - Sanctuary
    Kiralia - Sanctuary Posts: 76 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Did the amount of exp and spirit the girl got change?
  • nuclearbomba
    edited February 2009
    Did the amount of exp and spirit the girl got change?

Yes they did got change. everytime different. the more flower the more exp on the female. =)

but not for male~ D;

:p
  • The_Mule - Sanctuary
    The_Mule - Sanctuary Posts: 126 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    This quest is heavily stacked against the male chars which makes it very difficult for the female chars (we just have to collect 6 honey from a safe spot) to find someone with a deluxe boquet, spend an hour asking for someone the first day, eventually had to settle for a one rose after several stints, on day 2 I used a tele with an amusing message and got the medium one which gave me 5k odd exp.

I think that 99 roses is way too high especially with idiots dragging creatures over to the area for a laugh!

Perhaps in future on even an amendment to this one it could be perhaps 1 Rose, the 12 Roses then maybe 30 for tghe maximum or make the area much bigger so it doesn't take so long and make it a safe area. I actually went there to see if I could pick roses and do a deal with someone to benefit both of us and yes I could pick roses but couldn't give them to someone.
  • Liras - Lost City
    Liras - Lost City Posts: 22 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    That's just great! And I dont think the GM's will fix this bug.
  • Kimyrielle - Heavens Tear
    Kimyrielle - Heavens Tear Posts: 280 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Mind you, you don't exactly _need_ 99 roses to do the quest. If the male gets 9 roses and the gal her 6 honey, it's actually evenly stacked. I would rather argue the quest is heavily stacked against girl chars since we outnumber males around 2 to 1 or so. Venos are incredibly more popular than Barbarians, 'nuff said. It's next to impossible to finish that quest as a girl char, even.

I already gave up on that quest, despite the basic idea is fun. It's just not thought out well. And it's really hard to explain why males can boost their loot by working harder (which girls can't) and girls get more XP based on the guy's work. Doesn't make much sense.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Fleuri - Sanctuary
    Fleuri - Sanctuary Posts: 1,763 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    But apparently males get gifts from quest (like key), where girls do not?
  • Lazyluna - Heavens Tear
    Lazyluna - Heavens Tear Posts: 233 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Sounds like Valentine's in real life. The guy spends money, the girl gets a gift.
    *chokes on soda* OMFG! LOL! Too true, too bloody true. b:victory b:thanks

Although if she's worth it she'll pay you back in other respects. Heck, if she's really worth it, she won't require you to spend any money. Just setting aside the entire day for her should be good enough. Lol.
    b:bye RETIRED
  • Hidden - Lost City
    Hidden - Lost City Posts: 338 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    since only males get the key, i would say the chest contains some very decent items worth the lower exp. wont know until a few more days once people hve enough to start getting their keys.
  • nuclearbomba
    edited February 2009
    b:pleased
    since only males get the key, i would say the chest contains some very decent items worth the lower exp. wont know until a few more days once people hve enough to start getting their keys.

Yes indeed the key is tempting. but 99 x 4~ b:cry
    and i still havn't seen the chest around elder. (maybe wrong place wrong time).

if that chest never showed up ... i'd hang myself b:surrender
  • Faustinna - Heavens Tear
    Faustinna - Heavens Tear Posts: 176 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    I chose not to participate in this event...or the previous one for that matter. These events are boring, ill-conceived and bring out the worst in people. On top of the that the rewards are so beyond negligable, if you spend your time grinding instead of picking flowers and honey you'll make 10x the xp, spirit and coin.

Plenty of offers to go do it, but really it's a waste of time. Hope some of you had fun with it, because i severely dislike quests like this...and the previous fireworks one as well.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Muldyrn - Sanctuary
    Muldyrn - Sanctuary Posts: 15 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    After reading these posts I figured it wasn't worth my time to go find the roses, but it won't let me discard the ribbons. What's up with that? Every quests lets me trash it if I want to, why can't I trash my ribbons? It takes up 3 spaces of my inventory.
  • Kiyoshi - Heavens Tear
    Kiyoshi - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,385 Arc User
    edited February 2009

Ummmm... 19k vs 500k. I am missing out on 2 mil worth of exp over the 4 days needed to get the key. That chest better hold my warsoul bow.
    1. If I kill you; do something about it yourself, don't go complaining to my wife.
    2. If you have less kill counts then me, don't expect me to take pk advice from you.
    3. If you are hiding behind an alt, don't expect me to acknowledge your existence.

Tokichiro - Heavy Armor Fish / Kiyoshi - Dual Blade Elf
  • raven
    raven Posts: 241 Arc User
    edited February 2009

90% female character ingame are male irl lol
  • Kiyoshi - Heavens Tear
    edited February 2009
    raven wrote: »
    90% female character ingame are male irl lol

I am running in to a lot of real female chars in the game. In the circle of people that i play with... there might actually be more females then males.

EDIT: when i say females, i mean actualy girls playing as a female char.
    1. If I kill you; do something about it yourself, don't go complaining to my wife.
    2. If you have less kill counts then me, don't expect me to take pk advice from you.
    3. If you are hiding behind an alt, don't expect me to acknowledge your existence.

• Obsessed - Heavens Tear
    Obsessed - Heavens Tear Posts: 670 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Well theres so many girls running around, people are actually paying males with 99 roses. Also guys get the key fragment. Also, 1 rose gives less exp to the girl then the guy. D:
    (1 rose gave me 3k exp, and my 70 male friend 10k)
  • Jayde_videl - Heavens Tear
    Jayde_videl - Heavens Tear Posts: 53 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    I gave up on it myself. Far too many female characters and not enough male characters to help them all out. I would have settled for the basic bouquet just to get the quest done but no one would even talk to me.

[sigh]
    Jayde_Videl - lvl 6x venomancer - Heavens Tear
    RainbowVidel - lvl 3x venomancer - Sanctuary
  • Lordexion - Lost City
    Lordexion - Lost City Posts: 109 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    i have 1 thing to say...BS!!!b:angry
  • Ajriaz_skaya - Heavens Tear
    Ajriaz_skaya - Heavens Tear Posts: 95 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    And they're not even chocolate roses.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Kiyoshi - Heavens Tear
    edited February 2009
    I gave up on it myself. Far too many female characters and not enough male characters to help them all out. I would have settled for the basic bouquet just to get the quest done but no one would even talk to me.

[sigh]

LOL. the female to male char ratio is already 2 to 1. And i would say at the most only maybe half to a quarter of the male char population actually get roses. And even less of those rose pickers get 99 roses. You just gotta turn on the charm and go out to fight for a man.

• Bandages - Sanctuary
    Bandages - Sanctuary Posts: 66 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    After reading these posts I figured it wasn't worth my time to go find the roses, but it won't let me discard the ribbons. What's up with that? Every quests lets me trash it if I want to, why can't I trash my ribbons? It takes up 3 spaces of my inventory.

sell it to the npc. just pop it into the trade screen and there you go.
  • DoooM - Lost City
    DoooM - Lost City Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Ummmm... 19k vs 500k. I am missing out on 2 mil worth of exp over the 4 days needed to get the key. That chest better hold my warsoul bow.

Mirage stones! b:laugh

No really, watch the item in the chest be something else for females.

We will find out as soon as this day rolls over... what is in the chest.....
  • MentalEdge - Heavens Tear
    MentalEdge - Heavens Tear Posts: 629 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    I will have paid out in excess of 1mil in coin to males with 99 roses by event end tomorrow,so yeah its worth it for them...not to mention whatevers going to be in the wish chest...guy chars can make good money from this event.

Though i pay this money to get a partner for quest,it freaking sucks,a lot of players out there have got shafted by this event.
    Quit 100%...and surprised my forum account wasn't banned...yet
  • Kiyoshi - Heavens Tear
    edited February 2009
    I will have paid out in excess of 1mil in coin to males with 99 roses by event end tomorrow,so yeah its worth it for them...not to mention whatevers going to be in the wish chest...guy chars can make good money from this event.

Though i pay this money to get a partner for quest,it freaking sucks,a lot of players out there have got shafted by this event.

Well, break out the charm and get a guy to do it for free. On a side note, have anyone seem these chests around city elders yet?

• MentalEdge - Heavens Tear
    MentalEdge - Heavens Tear Posts: 629 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Well, break out the charm and get a guy to do it for free. On a side note, have anyone seem these chests around city elders yet?

That would mean pretending to be a rl girl(guys only will do it for real girls for free lol)and i'm not going down that road.

Chests wont appear until tomorrow considering they can't be opened until then.
    Quit 100%...and surprised my forum account wasn't banned...yet
  • Pressa - Heavens Tear
    Pressa - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,287 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    That would mean pretending to be a rl girl(guys only will do it for real girls for free lol)and i'm not going down that road.

Chests wont appear until tomorrow considering they can't be opened until then.

b:pleased tsk tsk then you don't have enough charm Mental b:scorn I got 99 roses on the third day and would have gotten them yesterday but the guy didn't know how to work the quest but he got it right today. b:victory and yah I am a guy and he knows it. b:lipcurl you just got to have good friends.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Muldyrn - Sanctuary
    Muldyrn - Sanctuary Posts: 15 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    sell it to the npc. just pop it into the trade screen and there you go.

Thanks for the help. I never thought about selling the dumb items that I couldn't discard. I'll try it and see if it works. I managed to pick 2 roses in like 15min so I gave up and just prefer to get rid of all this ridiculous event **** from my inventory. No one wants to do quest for 1 lousy rose. LOL.
  • Sahian - Sanctuary
    Sahian - Sanctuary Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    so i missed one of the days and got zero roses.. and now i'm stuck with 3 sweet pendant fragments and top quality coco taking up inventory space. i can't drop them or use them..

so what DO i do with them? i loved the exp from the 99 roses, as a girl, but i am annoyed that i cant buy a pendant frag of someone and get my pendant.

hmmm...