Gaurdian Angels Fail.

Options
DevilCrys - Heavens Tear
DevilCrys - Heavens Tear Posts: 488 Arc User
edited February 2009 in General Discussion
I don't really see the point in having 'Item drop upon death in pk' if everyone can just buy a 20-34k doll each time? I mean NO items should ever drop in pk and 80% of HT gives it back anyways.. So why do we have Items drop upon death if people can just stack GA's?
Post edited by DevilCrys - Heavens Tear on

Comments

• Zoe - Heavens Tear
    Zoe - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,814 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options
    The company makes money.
    Main characters
    Celestial Sage Venomancer Zoe - 100
    Sage Barbarian Malego - 91
  • DevilCrys - Heavens Tear
    edited February 2009
    Options
    I don't even know why you post tbh, I've read alll your stuff bout PKing ect it fails major.

Tbh they'd make money still cuz people would buy dolls so they wouldnt lose xp when they died..I would atleast. Im jus sayin its no fun when everyone can hug a doll n not drop items b:sad
  • Zoe - Heavens Tear
    Zoe - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,814 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options
    In pvp people need dolls so they don't drop things, gets the company much more money than exp loss alone.

Just so you know, I have more pvp experience than most people here. In my years of mmo play I got sick of all the idiot players that thought they were good that were so easy to kill so I stopped doing pvp. Bunch more here when I decided to pvp a bit. "venos can't do this without this" blah blah blah. I kill 2 people at once when they both on me and one I can't even see. lol

I do agree that using dolls to avoid the consequences of having that red name is cheap and cowardly however.
    Main characters
    Celestial Sage Venomancer Zoe - 100
    Sage Barbarian Malego - 91
  • Advice - Lost City
    Advice - Lost City Posts: 41 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options
    So ppl wouldn't QQ when they lose their HH90s and GX, and the company wants to make money
  • Ethree - Lost City
    Ethree - Lost City Posts: 246 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options
    You would be surprised how many people still drop valuable stuff b:laugh
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] tx Haiz too pro
  • Kiyoshi - Heavens Tear
    Kiyoshi - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,385 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options
    Just so you know, I have more pvp experience than most people here. In my years of mmo play I got sick of all the idiot players that thought they were good that were so easy to kill so I stopped doing pvp. Bunch more here when I decided to pvp a bit. "venos can't do this without this" blah blah blah. I kill 2 people at once when they both on me and one I can't even see. lol

b:surprisedb:questionb:laugh

I think you're giving yourself a bit too much credit.
    1. If I kill you; do something about it yourself, don't go complaining to my wife.
    2. If you have less kill counts then me, don't expect me to take pk advice from you.
    3. If you are hiding behind an alt, don't expect me to acknowledge your existence.

Tokichiro - Heavy Armor Fish / Kiyoshi - Dual Blade Elf
  • Ty - Heavens Tear
    Ty - Heavens Tear Posts: 604 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options
    Zoe's posts always cheer me up b:laugh
    I like pie
    edited February 2009
    Options
    In pvp people need dolls so they don't drop things, gets the company much more money than exp loss alone.

I do agree that using dolls to avoid the consequences of having that red name is cheap and cowardly however.

Your a veno..You fail..You have PVP Experience in OTHER Games ...Sorry, you give HT biggest Carebear lable..Especially never being in pk mode
  • Daerys - Sanctuary
    Daerys - Sanctuary Posts: 1,022 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options
    Hmmm..I fail to see how never being in PK mode on a PVE server is a big deal.

On topic: Angels really should have their functionality disabled in all forms of PvP, not just TW. You gotta pay to play.
  • Maiya - Lost City
    Maiya - Lost City Posts: 2,686 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options
    Not everyone buys dolls. Like Zoe stated, the company does make money from GA sales. It kinda caters to the paranoid. If they worry so much about their items or EXP, then they would buy more.

By the way, you spelled guardian wrong.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Kiyoshi - Heavens Tear
    Kiyoshi - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,385 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options
    Not everyone buys dolls. Like Zoe stated, the company does make money from GA sales. It kinda caters to the paranoid. If they worry so much about their items or EXP, then they would buy more.

Its more like an insurance policy and time saver for me. When i die... i am not gonna beg a cleric for 10 minutes to rez me. I can just town rez and get on with my life. The no exp lost also helps, even if i got lvl 10 rez, that .5% is still a lot.
    1. If I kill you; do something about it yourself, don't go complaining to my wife.
    2. If you have less kill counts then me, don't expect me to take pk advice from you.
    3. If you are hiding behind an alt, don't expect me to acknowledge your existence.

Tokichiro - Heavy Armor Fish / Kiyoshi - Dual Blade Elf
  • Jessup - Heavens Tear
    Jessup - Heavens Tear Posts: 90 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options
    I don't really see the point in having 'Item drop upon death in pk' if everyone can just buy a 20-34k doll each time? I mean NO items should ever drop in pk and 80% of HT gives it back anyways.. So why do we have Items drop upon death if people can just stack GA's?

The most important answer of the mall to your question...

it helps balance the economy of the game and helps get coin out of the game which helps in the long run. it is the same reason why they don't have a crafting class to repair armor and weapons instead of paying repair costs...

To get coin out of the game and it is understandable I think.
    edited February 2009
    Options

O ty for correcting me :) I appreciate it alot..Not really idc how I spull ting on va newt..
  • Mosz - Heavens Tear
    Mosz - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,181 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options
    So ppl wouldn't QQ when they lose their HH90s and GX, and the company wants to make money

cant drop gold tt wep :P
  • Archosaurian - Lost City
    Archosaurian - Lost City Posts: 16 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options
    This thread phails compleatly... Who agrees?
  • Lessie - Lost City
    Lessie - Lost City Posts: 917 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options
    Zoe's big pvp experience can be found in my sig b:laugh

Drop upon death is a penalty for pking, forcing reds to buy dolls now that's a good source of cash for pwi.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ^^ Made by Saitada ^^

Dieho: I win 15 on 1, I roll all of your guild to sz all by myself !
    Lessie: Proof?
    Dieho: I dont have any, but my word is more than enough.
    Lessie: Well I won 33 on 1 the other day :D
    b:cute
  • Saitada - Sanctuary
    Saitada - Sanctuary Posts: 3,220 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options
    This thread phails compleatly... Who agrees?
    Archosaurian - Lost City

Childish Lost City nobody that likes to troll because he has little to offer the forums other than a small childish mind eager to start flame wars. Don't get in a battle of wits with him, he is totally unarmed and unable to even remotely defend himself.

~Saitada
  • Lessie - Lost City
    edited February 2009
    Options
    ^^ Wow nice sig b:dirty
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ^^ Made by Saitada ^^

• Saitada - Sanctuary
    edited February 2009
    Options

Check your private messages. Oh and what hair color??
  • Revert - Lost City
    Revert - Lost City Posts: 87 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options
    Personally I like to carry dolls when I solo AoE. Ill take the 30k coin lost over the 60k+ exp loss if I happen to die.

As for dropping items in PVP, I feel like it adds more excitement when someone drops something in pvp. Like a reward for killing them, and them forgetting to check their dolls before trying to come pk again.
  • sillyfoo
    sillyfoo Posts: 286 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options
    Guardian Angels arent the only way to not lose items you can just bind everything and put away stuff in your inventory before going out to pk. Guardian angels are not a fail and are good for the game.

edit - The Game gotta make money some how and if you dont wanna pk then go on pve server and stay blue >.> . Spending 30-40k COINS on a doll isnt much of a problem and is affordable.
  • Devlinne - Lost City
    Devlinne - Lost City Posts: 253 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options
    At any one time i have no less than 10 dolls in my inventory. If it dips below 10 i replenish straight away, on the spot.

No lucky punk is gonna get my calamities,tauroc chieftain,helm of aqua, etc etc. Just cos he GANKED me while i was fighting a mob wich already reduced my hp to half.

Guardian angels FTW!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    A GOAT always THINKS it's a lion......untill it meets a REAL LION!!!!!
  • Saitada - Sanctuary
    edited February 2009
    Options
    At any one time i have no less than 10 dolls in my inventory. If it dips below 10 i replenish straight away, on the spot.

No lucky punk is gonna get my calamities,tauroc chieftain,helm of aqua, etc etc. Just cos he GANKED me while i was fighting a mob wich already reduced my hp to half.

Guardian angels FTW!
    Binding Charms FTW

~S
  • Saitada - Sanctuary
    edited February 2009
    Options

Check yer Private Messages again. Hope you like.

~S
  • Devlinne - Lost City
    edited February 2009
    Options
    I also thought of the binding idea....but a friend told me it's not worth to bind items, cos if ya get something better one day...You gotta DESTROY your binded items.

I'd rather use dolls, so that one day when i get better stuff, i can sell my old stuff to other players.

I'd only BIND something if it was like the ABSOLUTE ENDGAME item.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Saitada - Sanctuary
    edited February 2009
    Options
    I also thought of the binding idea....but a friend told me it's not worth to bind items, cos if ya get something better one day...You gotta DESTROY your binded items.

I'd rather use dolls, so that one day when i get better stuff, i can sell my old stuff to other players.

I'd only BIND something if it was like the ABSOLUTE ENDGAME item.

I don't sell most of my good stuff. I either NPC it or destroy it if it's bound to me. But then I also don't like others potentially making profit off my hard work. That is why when I outgrow my +3 (currently) Grief's Breath with it's 2 flawless shards, it will be destroyed. I plan on binding all 6 pieces of my TT70 armor to me as well as the 3 Legendary items I am working at getting.

My maxxed out Aerogear are also bound to me. Both of them. My Redback and my Hawk. I don't share well with others, what can I say.

~Saitada
  • Aesthor - Heavens Tear
    Aesthor - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,845 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options
    I don't sell most of my good stuff. I either NPC it or destroy it if it's bound to me. But then I also don't like others potentially making profit off my hard work. That is why when I outgrow my +3 (currently) Grief's Breath with it's 2 flawless shards, it will be destroyed. I plan on binding all 6 pieces of my TT70 armor to me as well as the 3 Legendary items I am working at getting.

My maxxed out Aerogear are also bound to me. Both of them. My Redback and my Hawk. I don't share well with others, what can I say.

~Saitada

O_O Wow. I just give my good stuff to guildies/friends >_<.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ಥ_ಥ MOAR.
    SkyKoC - How long is yours?
  • Devlinne - Lost City
    edited February 2009
    Options

~Saitada

Guess we have different mindset. For me personally. I will make the buyer PAY and PAY WELL for my hardwork^^

Plus what i am selling them is my OLD stuff,cos i got better.So i don't mind they buy my old uber gear...s'long as they still 1 step below me^^
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Chaotiic - Lost City
    Chaotiic - Lost City Posts: 498 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options

~Saitada

Binding hh weapons is dumb u have to re-farm each weapon for the next one. Farming 60,70,80 again so u can get a 90 weapon is much worse than spending 30k on a doll.

Also many of us carry important things in our inventory too ad dont want to have to trek back to town everytime u see a kos guild to deposit ur items so u can kill them. Many people are perma red too, can u imagine just coming out of hh with a gx mat in ur inventory getting killed running to lost city and dropping that mat?
    Official Guild History

Conqueror->kamisama
  • Lessie - Lost City
    edited February 2009
    Options
    Check yer Private Messages again. Hope you like.

~S

Nice job b:dirty

If u dont like angels then binding charms are your friends
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ^^ Made by Saitada ^^