Cashshop Wings and Cleric

sinfiery99
sinfiery99 Posts: 12 Arc User
edited February 2009 in Cleric
Do you guys recommend

using natural wings and maxing the upgrade

or getting cash shop lvl 30 wings for 15 gold

or getting cash shop lvl 50 wings for 30 gold

Yes, please consider that the 30 gold coins spent on wings will go towards something else.

If you feel I should not buy the wings, if you could provide the best item I should try to obtain with those 30 gold, that would be really helpful.

Thanks
Post edited by sinfiery99 on

Comments

• Ryocean - Lost City
    Ryocean - Lost City Posts: 26 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Add this question :

If you buy the cheapost boutique Wings and buy windgets to max the wing speed would it be cheaper?

And how much speed does the windgets add to the Wings?
  • Forp - Heavens Tear
    Forp - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,445 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    as a cleric, it doesn't matter. it doesn't require you to use mana to use your wings, so it's all good. using your white wings with a maxed mastery gives you an almost-free pair of +2 wings, where as +2 boutique wings cost no less than 1.5m(for the wings alone, maybe 2-3m if you plan to upgrade).
  • Faustinna - Heavens Tear
    Faustinna - Heavens Tear Posts: 176 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    It is very much worth it. You won't be maxing your starter wings to +2 speed for a long time, spirit constraints, and by then you'll want to go faster. +2.5 to +3 from watcher of the skies really makes a difference and once you try the speed you'll never want to switch back to anything slower. b:victory
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Periph - Heavens Tear
    Periph - Heavens Tear Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    in your 30s and 40s your spirit is too scarce as it is. I would just buy wings. Or better yet sell the gold and buy wings off a player in cat shop mode. You can get 20 gold wings for 1.5 mill if you look around.
  • Nelae - Heavens Tear
    Nelae - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,490 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Rather dont buy new wings, put your cleric on auto fly if you want to go somewhere and go make coffee.
    Then at lv 40, you can add to your natural wings and make them 1.0
    Cause the coins you spend on wings are better spend on skills or any thing related to that, or if you really want to go fast buy a mount.
    Well at least this is my opinion.
    b:dirty
  • Scryxalis - Sanctuary
    Scryxalis - Sanctuary Posts: 25 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Investing on fast wings will be beneficial for you in the long run. Firstly, clerics have the slowest speed compared to the other classes, so having fast wings negate this disadvantage. Plus, mat hunting will be a breeze. :)
  • sinfiery99
    edited February 2009
    Alright I am convinced.

Now I have a question about

what is +2.5 normal speed
    and +4.5 hasted speed

I used accelerate once on my elven wings and now I can't ever again, whats with that?
  • Scryxalis - Sanctuary
    Scryxalis - Sanctuary Posts: 25 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Uhm, I'm not so sure about the Elven wings, but by decomposing items (armors, weapons), it will give you chi stones as a product. Use these chi stones by dropping them over your wings, et voila, your wings will be recharged.

+2.5 normal speed simply means this:
    4.8m (cleric's normal speed) + 2.5m = 7.3m/s
    7.3 m/s will be your speed while you're flying.
  • sinfiery99
    edited February 2009
    Alright

Thank you for the information everyone
  • Mikel_oru - Sanctuary
    Mikel_oru - Sanctuary Posts: 610 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    The cash shop wings are faster when accelerated but they cost about 3m to max them and upgrade them, also they need stones to recharge them once they run out so add this to the already paid 3mils.

If you ask me it doesn't worth it, i would stick with my natural wings. Natural wings(maxed) are faster than the normal speed of the lvl50 wings the accelaration makes the difference.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • sinfiery99
    edited February 2009
    Uhm, I'm not so sure about the Elven wings, but by decomposing items (armors, weapons), it will give you chi stones as a product. Use these chi stones by dropping them over your wings, et voila, your wings will be recharged.

+2.5 normal speed simply means this:
    4.8m (cleric's normal speed) + 2.5m = 7.3m/s
    7.3 m/s will be your speed while you're flying.
    The cash shop wings are faster when accelerated but they cost about 3m to max them and upgrade them, also they need stones to recharge them once they run out so add this to the already paid 3mils.

If you ask me it doesn't worth it, i would stick with my natural wings. Natural wings(maxed) are faster than the normal speed of the lvl50 wings the accelaration makes the difference.

I thought natural wings maxed would be 0 + 2.0 from the skill

The cashshop are +2.5 without any upgrades tho