I Dont Trust This Chick

Options
_Bloody_Fox_ - Sanctuary
_Bloody_Fox_ - Sanctuary Posts: 993 Arc User
edited February 2009 in General Discussion
ok so a friend of mine has fallen in love with this girl in game for god knows why

my friend is a minor with access to money for some reason.

and im worried that this girl once she gets the items will just high tail it, cause she doesnt seem to be the kidn that hangs around with minors.

so my question is, is this a violation of the TOS? perhaps under "harming a minor"

PS, YES ive tried talking to him
Facebook.com/foxi187
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Post edited by _Bloody_Fox_ - Sanctuary on

Comments

• Mysticlifex - Heavens Tear
    Mysticlifex - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,175 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options
    Think you need to slap the sence into him, old fashined way but seriously,

If his so young that you need to make this thread, take away his computer ground him remove the tv + computer and smack him.
    We're MysticAve my name is not Dave
    (Poem in the making - Shall be epic)
  • Saitada - Sanctuary
    Saitada - Sanctuary Posts: 3,220 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options
    If you know this friend in real life... maybe a polite phone call to his parents would be in order. If not, then you have warned him of your fears, if he has access to money and does a Leroy Jenkins on his parents cards... that is on him and between him and his parents and there really is nothing you can do other than what you have done.

If his mommy and daddy are so willing and stupid to give up their cards/money to a child/teen then to be honest, they deserve what their gonna prolly end up getting.

As for the supposed chick, "she" probably has the same equipment as your friend does and if by chance "she" is really a she, and is older... i.e. an adult, what she is doing is bordering on Pedophilia and harming a Minor and that would fall under legal laws and could potentially land her in the pokey where she would become someone named Big Bertha's play toy.

~Saitada
  • jemima
    jemima Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options
    Why is it that everyone else gets sugar daddies (who in this case is much younger) while I'm left earning my stuff the old fashioned way? I feel so left out.

More to the point...what on earth do they get? It's virtual items, and in return you get other similarly virtual things. What, if you give them enough virtual horses you get a virtual hug?
  • Forp - Heavens Tear
    Forp - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,445 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options
    Maybe she actually cares about him and you should mind your own business?
  • Lunarlucia - Sanctuary
    Lunarlucia - Sanctuary Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options
    I dont think any of the above posts answer the question(sadly mine wont either)

But i have to say i dont think itd be pedophilia unless the "woman" in question was trying to get in his RL pants right? She seems to be doing the exact opposite, trying to get the items and running with them correct?

Besides we all know theres a bunch of people who got married over the weekend in game, how many of them were an adult/TWEEN combo? i bet 1/4 were. sooo many Tweens on sanctuary.

PS (I'd be interested in a GM/Mod's perspective weather or not this is a TOS violation, in the situation that both players are 18+)
  • _Bloody_Fox_ - Sanctuary
    edited February 2009
    Options
    Yeah thanks for your input and all. but none of these answered my question lol.
    Is it a rules violation or not?
    Facebook.com/foxi187
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • MissEbil - Heavens Tear
    MissEbil - Heavens Tear Posts: 369 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options
    I think only a GM would be able to tell you, and then it would have to be judged as an individual situation.
    My opinion: It's wrong, but without proof there's not much that can be done.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Proud member of the VenoMafia.

b:flower Read my FanFic! b:flower
    pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=334222
  • Forp - Heavens Tear
    edited February 2009
    Options
    Technically, if she was persuading him to give her free items without what he deserved in return, it could be considered a scam. But he willingly gave her said items out of free will without any thought of return(unless there's some cyber action he's hoping for? b:scorn). Either way, doubtful a GM will do anything about it as it isn't an offense.
  • Lunarlucia - Sanctuary
    Lunarlucia - Sanctuary Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options
    Forp, thank you for reminding me of a similar incident!

On FFXI a similar thing happened "not a relationship" but a friendship and the friend split with the items.

Now its obviosuly differant gm's but they said there was nothing they could do becuase the items "WERE GIVEN OF FREE WILL" that once traded, the new owner had the right to do with as (s)he pleases

However this si slightly differant as B.F. has brought the user being a minor into question
  • _Bloody_Fox_ - Sanctuary
    edited February 2009
    Options
    I just need to know whether or not she could get in trouble for it
    Facebook.com/foxi187
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • deshin
    deshin Posts: 123 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options
    Unlikely you can stretch the meaning of "harm" to include scamming them out of real or virtual stuff. Since a minor has no property rights any real money lost would technically be owned by the parent. Any virtual stuff is owned by PWI so hard to say if taking something they never owned is harm.

Maybe getting scammed in game is a good thing for minors. They can learn a lesson before they lose something in real life.

All falls down to personal responsibility. Way too many people want to blame someone else for their own mistakes and screaming "I'm a minor" when things go wrong just another.

You shift a statement in th ToS that is most likely there to reduce sexual predators to cover stuff like this you give the minor too much power. They can scream someone hurt my fealings I want his account banned.
  • jemima
    jemima Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options
    As regards the law: She's probably safe.
    As regards PWE ToS: She's still probably safe.
  • fuzzles
    fuzzles Posts: 628 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options
    I'm gonna go with Jemima on this one. It's fine. No one's gonna get hurt.

Now tell me who this is so I can whip out a character of a suitable gender and start skanking it up. Gotta get myself a sugar... person. Gender is second to wealth.
    Everyone here is ridiculously oversensitive.
  • Anomandariss - Heavens Tear
    Anomandariss - Heavens Tear Posts: 21 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options
    Love in a MMORPG. All I can say is...

ha ha ha, ha!
  • Faustinna - Heavens Tear
    Faustinna - Heavens Tear Posts: 176 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options
    Can she get in trouble for pretending to like your friend so she can get things from him? Sweety if anyone could get in trouble for that california and las vegas would self-implode. So no, nothing she's doing is against the ToS. It's immoral, but then again it also isn't. Most people who spend money on a loved one (men and women) while being told they're not loved back, but do it anyway, enjoy the attention and false love they receive back from said individual.

Subconciously everyone knows when they're not truly loved, but attempting to buy love is the first and last resort. He's basically buying a product, love. She's basically selling a product, love. On a basic level both are getting exactly what they want, even thought it's all an act and illusion.

Let me stop before i go into a 10 page analysis of our social structure. To answer the question, no she can't get into trouble unless she's soliciting a minor for adult content. Meaning if she's pushing him for "Adult" situations and you can screenshot it, and your friend really is a minor, then she can be banned for that. Beyond that, no.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Coshten - Sanctuary
    Coshten - Sanctuary Posts: 92 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options
    ^Perfectly said... b:victory
  • swgs
    swgs Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options
    I just need to know whether or not she could get in trouble for it

Why you so badly want to know if she will get in trouble or not? Isn’t all you need to worry is how to let your friend (the minor) out of trouble? Am I missing something here?
  • Granrey - Sanctuary
    Granrey - Sanctuary Posts: 2,050 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options
    I'm just afraid and what could this particular develop at the end.
  • Kratos_blade - Sanctuary
    Kratos_blade - Sanctuary Posts: 18 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options
    If he fell in love with a veno chances are its a guy. b:shutup
  • Smexxyfox - Heavens Tear
    Smexxyfox - Heavens Tear Posts: 722 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options

Ur such a meanie Kratos, come let mommy give you some sweet lovin(in trade for a mold or 500k)

If you are worried about TOS, go read it urself: http://www.perfectworld.com/about/terms (the link is at the bottom of the site)
  • starman17
    starman17 Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options
    if your friend cares a lot about what happens to the items he gives her, then it sounds like he's trying to buy her affection.
  • bobzilla21
    bobzilla21 Posts: 694 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options
    He's going to regret it...
    I figured I should do something with my sig, so I made this for fun. My very first (poorly made) animation. b:victory
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    As for why Luffy is murdering Naruto, I have no idea either, but it looks cool.b:laugh
  • Maciaveli - Lost City
    Maciaveli - Lost City Posts: 260 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options
    ok so a friend of mine has fallen in love with this girl in game for god knows why

my friend is a minor with access to money for some reason.

and im worried that this girl once she gets the items will just high tail it, cause she doesnt seem to be the kidn that hangs around with minors.

so my question is, is this a violation of the TOS? perhaps under "harming a minor"

PS, YES ive tried talking to him

"The items" What items, you never metioned him offering her anything. So what point are you making here? It's not like she is manipulating him and getting stuff is it, well you have not said she is doing that anyway.

NO VIOLATION BECAUSE YOU HAVEN'T SAID WHAT SHE HAS DONE YET.
    Main Character: Nicolanis; 8x Venomancer - The Best No-Nix Robe User On Lost City(Not Much Competition There Though) b:victory

Faction: Harvester b:shocked

Current Reputation:- 50xx/200,000 Wearing Rank 4 Chest Armorb:dirty
  • Saitada - Sanctuary
    edited February 2009
    Options
    I resemble that remark.

~S
  • Baobhansidhe - Heavens Tear
    Baobhansidhe - Heavens Tear Posts: 36 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options
    1) You can't care for somebody you don't know in the flesh. Online nicknames are just that : online letters.

2) That supposed girl behavior falls under "larceny by fraud and deception," or something similar. DO WARN the legal tutors of said minor, or else YOU fall under passive complicity.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Forp - Heavens Tear
    edited February 2009
    Options
    1) You can't care for somebody you don't know in the flesh. Online nicknames are just that : online letters.
    online or not, both still have feelings. are you saying you don't care about your online-friends? or do you even have any?
  • Archosaurian - Lost City
    Archosaurian - Lost City Posts: 16 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options
    *sigh* Carebears and there lovers...

When will they ever learn... b:ashamed
  • OMGLAZERZ - Heavens Tear
    OMGLAZERZ - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,327 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options

*sigh* Morons from LC who troll. When will they ever learn.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Saitada - Sanctuary
    edited February 2009
    Options

Archosaurian - Lost City

Childish Lost City nobody that likes to troll because he has little to offer the forums other than a small childish mind eager to start flame wars. Don't get in a battle of wits with him, he is totally unarmed and unable to even remotely defend himself.

~Saitada
  • gattsuru
    gattsuru Posts: 3,184 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options
    Terms of Service can be found here. From a layman's reading, they prohibit a number of acts, including directly harming players through illegitimate channels, impersonate any individual, stalk or threaten any individual, or defraud or scam or cheat players out of items they've earned through legitimate means. I'm doubtful that these would cover items given to proclaimed friends, but more complex fraud may be covered.

Please do not use the Terms of Service as a reason to act without caution. Demonstrating fraud rather than merely poor choice is can be difficult and unpleasant, and always take time, and Perfect World Entertainment reserves the right to act or not act on just cause or no cause at all. The distinction between an item given of free will followed by a break-up, and an item given under false terms, is not always clear and is always covered by the Terms of Service. As a general rule, assume that any item given or traded to another person is under their control.

If you have questions regarding the Terms of Service or otherwise need to be directed at PWE staff, please contact support ticketing. The forums are not the place for questions aimed at PWE staff.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
This discussion has been closed.