Any suggestions for downloading the game?

mandilynne
mandilynne Posts: 3 Arc User
edited February 2009 in Support Desk
Just wondering if there is a faster way to download it, so far I'm at 21% and it's been 2 hours. >.<

All I'm doing is just direct downloading from main site.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Post edited by mandilynne on

Comments

• mandilynne
    mandilynne Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    I have never used torrents before, so was wondering if its worth it to try this time.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • gatts87
    gatts87 Posts: 61 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Direct is usually the faster way, the only reason to use torrent is if your connection is irregular and unstable. Torrents allow you to pause, resume, and pretty much do anything with your download if its stopped/disconnected for some reason. What speed are you downloading at? You could try pausing the download then restarting it, sometimes that connects you to a faster mirror.
  • gattsuru
    gattsuru Posts: 3,184 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Torrents are usually more reliable, since most torrent clients include functionality to verify the download to a degree HTTP and FTP do not have. On the other side of things, they're more sensitive to network infrastructure choices, and typically just plain won't work inside college universities.

The client is also a 2.4 GB install, so no matter how you do it, it may take some time.

If you're having download issues beyond those attributed to file size, I'd recommend trying one of the download mirrors, such as the Gamer'sHell mirror. They may well be faster.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • scout02
    scout02 Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Their "direct download" isn't exactly a direct download. Rather, it's a downloader that will download the 4 parts for you. The fastest way to get your files is by using a download accelerator and manually downloading each individual part. <--had to write download 6 times...make that 7
  • darthpanda16
    darthpanda16 Posts: 9,471 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Do you need help learning about patching the game, installing it, changing antivirus/firewall settings, changing network settings, learn how to use a computer, keeping your PC maintained and more?
    Visit our BRAND NEW Knowledge Base & Support Website! - Tech Support Flowchart - Panda Caught on Camera
This discussion has been closed.