AFK Crashes?

xcritz
xcritz Posts: 0 Arc User
edited February 2009 in Support Desk
When I go away, whether it be at night sleeping or for a short hour while in class, I leave my computer on vendoring on Archosaur. When I come back, the window of Perfect World is gone, no error messages or anything..It's like it was never open but I'm sure it was open before I left...(It has happened a few times already)
Post edited by xcritz on

Comments

• Xtrememirage - Heavens Tear
    Xtrememirage - Heavens Tear Posts: 142 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Yes, this also happens to me whenever I leave the game on and go afk. I think if we leave the game on for too long it automatically closes. Wonder if there is an option to keep the game on forever...
    The name's Xtreme! b:victory
    Not Extreme! b:angry
    Get it right! b:thanks
  • Dlam - Lost City
    Dlam - Lost City Posts: 17 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    I don't think that's my issue because sometimes I especially go on PWI just to setup the shop....
  • Dlam - Lost City
    edited February 2009
    Help anyone? ><
  • Dollet - Sanctuary
    Dollet - Sanctuary Posts: 94 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Perhaps your computer settings are configured so that after a period of time, it goes into stand by mode / hibernates / shutdowns, and that closes the game? Could it be that your computer is restarting, explaining why there is no error window or sign that PWI was running? I don't know your exact circumstances, so just throwing out ideas.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • mogwai
    mogwai Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    it's from lagg, ie: a ton of ppl logging in/out at the same time when the server population is already high, too many mounts/pets nearby, your connection, and/or a combination of all the above
    mmorpg is R'lyehian for: Innumerable quantities of grown babies
    discussing & often complaining about the imaginary.
    [SIGPIC]http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=1618000&dateline=1316204434[/SIGPIC]
  • Dlam - Lost City
    edited February 2009
    I notice when my computer restarts, seeming as windows such as Chrome are closed. The computer does not hibernate or sleep because right when I move my mouse it works perfectly fine without signs of PWI ever running...

Mogwai might have a point, but wouldn't that give me an error message telling me that it crashed? Also, I'm running an XPS with duo-core 2.66 Ghz with 4 gigs of RAM. Video card is a GeForce 8400M GS....should be more than enough to handle the lag..
  • Gorgonia - Heavens Tear
    Gorgonia - Heavens Tear Posts: 183 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    most computers got tasks preestablished at night... like defrag and stuff and they sometimes restart the computer. Even updates of Windows restart the computer. It's not something with the game, it's your computer.
  • mogwai
    mogwai Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    yea, i overlooked the update thing, o gawd, like every HP or OneCare update GGrrr & sometimes it happens with no warning, luckily only once in an fb so far
    mmorpg is R'lyehian for: Innumerable quantities of grown babies
    discussing & often complaining about the imaginary.
    [SIGPIC]http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=1618000&dateline=1316204434[/SIGPIC]
  • Dlam - Lost City
    edited February 2009
    Gorgonia - Like I said, it does not look like a restart due to the fact that there are programs running which do not start on startup such as the internet explorer (Chrome) that are loaded on an exact website...This internet window remains open when I come back, if it was restarted then this windows would be closed..I've experienced and know when windows updates the computer...Most windows are closed after restart and it tells me that windows update were installed successfully..

mogwai - I don't use those programs.
  • Dlam - Lost City
    edited February 2009
    I doubt that the problem is lag...seeming as i AFK'd at 78 altitude where there shouldn't be any lag and still crashed while being afk
  • Dlam - Lost City
    edited February 2009
    No one can help me? ><
This discussion has been closed.