i can not log in to any servers

ventoria
ventoria Posts: 8 Arc User
edited February 2009 in Support Desk
I have fully instaled the game, i have opened port 29000 but when i get to the log in page put in name and password and it just jells me something about 40 seconds then goes back to login screen, I dont know how to sort this out, but i soooo want to play!
Help! please
Post edited by ventoria on

Comments

• aryannamage
    aryannamage Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    What kind of Firewall, Antivirus, Peerguardian etc do you have? Please make sure they let launcher.exe and element.exe through.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • ventoria
    edited February 2009
    how do i check that? i have a windowns xp i think ( may be 2000) but i think it is xp it is an intel centrino duo, dell laptop
    i duno if that helps, i should beable to connect through the net because my friend is on wow (we r at uni so on the same connection, all she had to do was open the port)
  • aryannamage
    edited February 2009
    -Feels uncomftable- That really totally depends on which program you use.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • ventoria
    edited February 2009
    i just looked, its xp
  • aryannamage
    edited February 2009
    I meant which Firewall, Antivirus, Peerfuardian etc.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • ventoria
    edited February 2009
    i have avg anti-virus, zone alarm pro and windows security alerts
  • ericcza
    ericcza Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Same happens to me, I can Install, Update and Run the Game, but when I get to Log in window, it would say "Unable to Connect to server" after 20 seconds of waiting, then go back to Log In Screen.
    I can
  • ericcza
    ericcza Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Sorry for the double post for some reason the Forum was cutting my posts =S, so well, i can
  • ventoria
    edited February 2009
    oh i have descovered that the uni internet will reset every day at 8.30 am (tis 7 pm here so it should work in the morning)]untill then the port may not be active, i just asked my friend what happened when she opened the wow port and thats what she said
    if it isnt working tomorrow i will come back for help
    ty
This discussion has been closed.