Cub complaint!

Options
kittenwhiskers
kittenwhiskers Posts: 2 Arc User
edited February 2009 in General Discussion
I really wanted to get a Polar bear cub; It's a rare pet that spawns every 12 hours. I'm only trying to get one and most of the time, people who already have one or more come to get even more. I spent like 8 hours once doing nothing waiting for a cub that I didn't even get. It's always the people who already have cubs that tame them. If I get even one cub I'd leave and let them all tame without me.
What I want is there to be one spot where all the people WITHOUT a cub can go and not having to worry about the people who already have them and catching them easy to sell. It will probably never happen but at least it will give a chance to all the people who can't tame any.

~KittenSparks~
Post edited by kittenwhiskers on

Comments

• Toxickiss - Heavens Tear
    Toxickiss - Heavens Tear Posts: 152 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options
    Unfortunately one of the main ways that a veno makes money is by getting rare pets and selling them. Just because the other Venos have multiples doesn't mean that you can't beat them. It's all about timing. The more you do it the better you will get. Just don't get discouraged and remember there will always be another one.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • fuzzles
    fuzzles Posts: 628 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options
    There is no way in hell anyone will essentially give you a cub for free. That's basically what you're asking for.

You deserve a verbal flick on the ear for even suggesting something as flat out ridiculous as this.
    Everyone here is ridiculously oversensitive.
  • kittenwhiskers
    kittenwhiskers Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options
    I'm just wanting ALL venos without a rare pet to have a CHANCE to get one, and Fuzzles you probably will of had more then one cub so why do you even bother? Just calm down...
  • Malefox - Sanctuary
    Malefox - Sanctuary Posts: 17 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options
    As important as rare pets are for certain venomancers' income, it's (almost) always the higher level and more powerful venos who manage to catch these rare pets, forcing lower levels to spend a ridiculous amount of money to get their own. The Snow Hares are still unfarmed up by Thousand Streams but the Bear, Pup, Kitten and Kowlin are nigh on impossible for a lowish level veno to catch now.

I'm well aware that it's not in PWE's power to change *any* of the game mechanics (although I applaud the quality of the translations) but making it so tamed pets couldn't be traded would solve this problem immediately. What would be the point of taming another bear cub if you couldn't sell it?
    On Sanctuary at least, low levels trying to tame are safe but on PvP servers they would stand no chance of taming *anything* once dead.

Alright, no all class bears/kittens/puppies but there are still non rare baby pets such as the Huggy Hares and Elysium Fowl.
    Beetle enthusiast and physical defense stone addict
  • Maniqwen - Heavens Tear
    Maniqwen - Heavens Tear Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options
    As important as rare pets are for certain venomancers' income, it's (almost) always the higher level and more powerful venos who manage to catch these rare pets, forcing lower levels to spend a ridiculous amount of money to get their own.

I can guarantee you that this is false. Actually the closer you are to the lvl of a rare the better chance you have to get it. (trust me I've tested this extensively) The only prob is that new venos haven't mastered when to hit the tame button.

Also the lvl of your tame has absolutely nothing to do with catching rares. The only advantage to getting a rare is to have channeling gear and you can still lose it if you don’t click on the rare and hit tame before everyone else.