Why?

Gorgonia - Heavens Tear
Gorgonia - Heavens Tear Posts: 183 Arc User
edited February 2009 in General Discussion
Why do people who play this game complain about this and that?

They want a VDAY event. They got a VDAY event. BUT OH NO! The VDAY event is not what they wanted... they wanted something greater!

You want something greater? Pay for it....

They wanted a better maintenance service? They now give you another maintenance period... NO! I want to play! When will the server be up again? They said 1 AM PST AND IT'S 12:30 AM! WHEN? WHEN?

Gosh... you're all so irritating when you behave like that. Grow up and understand you're not paying to play this game. You want BS, go get a WoW boxset.

**edit AND STOP BOTHERING THE GM'S AND MOD'S. They're here to help, they're not your employees.
Post edited by Gorgonia - Heavens Tear on

Comments

• Ishmah - Sanctuary
    Ishmah - Sanctuary Posts: 192 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Are you complaining about complainers?
  • Gorgonia - Heavens Tear
    edited February 2009
    Are you complaining about complainers?

I AM! b:angry
  • Devlinne - Lost City
    Devlinne - Lost City Posts: 253 Arc User
    edited February 2009

They want a VDAY event. They got a VDAY event. BUT OH NO! The VDAY event is not what they wanted... they wanted something greater!

They wanted a better maintenance service? They now give you another maintenance period... NO! I want to play! When will the server be up again? They said 1 AM PST AND IT'S 12:30 AM! WHEN? WHEN?

Gosh... you're all so irritating when you behave like that. Grow up and understand you're not paying to play this game. You want BS, go get a WoW boxset.

**edit AND STOP BOTHERING THE GM'S AND MOD'S. They're here to help, they're not your employees.

I feel your pain. But sadly....there is a certain AGE that is required to fully grasp the message you're putting forth.

Not many have matured enough to understand.
    You're probably gonna get flamed for posting this. But take comfort in the fact, that there are like-minded individuals out there:)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    A GOAT always THINKS it's a lion......untill it meets a REAL LION!!!!!
    edited February 2009
    I appreciate the support b:victory

haha
  • Twilae - Heavens Tear
    Twilae - Heavens Tear Posts: 17 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Because they're human. Humans tend to complain a lot :) I've never seen any reason to complain about the majority of events we've had so far; at least we're getting something.
    edited February 2009
    Because they're human. Humans tend to complain a lot :) I've never seen any reason to complain about the majority of events we've had so far; at least we're getting something.

That's what I'm trying to point out. You get a free game, they start events to change the dinamics of the game a little bit, you have fun, you make friends... DON'T COMPLAIN
  • Twilae - Heavens Tear
    Twilae - Heavens Tear Posts: 17 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    That's what I'm trying to point out. You get a free game, they start events to change the dinamics of the game a little bit, you have fun, you make friends... DON'T COMPLAIN

Well.. it's free if you're not spending money on the cash shop, anyway ;) I've spent real money on this game and I still don't really do much complaining. PW helps me waste time and I have fun playing it, therefore it's doing its job.
  • Missrumba - Heavens Tear
    Missrumba - Heavens Tear Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    I feel your pain. But sadly....there is a certain AGE that is required to fully grasp the message you're putting forth.

You're probably gonna get flamed for posting this. But take comfort in the fact, that there are like-minded individuals out there:)
    I agree with you there . It seems I need to remind myself daily that the person typing or playing in a certain manner is probably just a child (literally)
    P.S. I'm 28.
  • Devlinne - Lost City
    Devlinne - Lost City Posts: 253 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    30 here.

P.s:But if anyone asks iam 25^_^
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    A GOAT always THINKS it's a lion......untill it meets a REAL LION!!!!!
  • The ferenczy - Sanctuary
    The ferenczy - Sanctuary Posts: 275 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    some of us have no choice in participating in the vd.

my wife plays too.

i woke up to you are going to get me roses right. some other idiot on game got her the roses and she needed the exp.

4 hours later i got the roses. got shafted 5k exp. and yes went to the store and bought a new mouse.
    one day the world will shout to me save us....
    and i will whisper no.
    edited February 2009
    just like real life a lady looked at me side ways and i jumped. fought jewel, pkers, and other unfortuanate souls who had to do the same for thier wife.
    btw my wife actually lives with me in my house.

and as far as events go i don't complain less i am roped into them and thier effects.
    1 kill the gm ..... not thought through too much.
    2 exp week = alot of ppl made alot of lvls with no knowledge of the game. now i am paying for that.
    3 thanks giving i don't remember this i stayed away.
    4 meet the SUZEREX i mean gm. nuff said.
    5 snowmen i know ppl who went from lvl 1 to lvl 30 and still don't have the right skills
    6 the VD <===<<<< stuipid roses.

i just hope that the brains make future events something my wife can do on her own so i can play the game.
    and i will whisper no.
  • Tawarwaith - Sanctuary
    Tawarwaith - Sanctuary Posts: 391 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    There will always be complains, simply because most people want perfection, but perfection is something that doesn't exist. I think it's a great game, even with the down sides. I don't like the vday event, can happen. However, I really liked the new year event. Result: I delivered a lot of new year envelopes, but I didn't get any bouquets. I just take the maximum of the events that I do like.

I think it's a great game. It's free to play, but the cashshop helps a lot. So basicly, everybody can put in the money they judge reasonable. That's a great system! When I see on the local chat messages like: "Stupid game", I just ask why they're playing.
  • kooshdin
    kooshdin Posts: 90 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    I am with the original poster on this one and those who supported her.

There is no reason to be complaining about this game its awesome and you optionally get the choice to play it for free ! b:dirty
  • kompensator
    kompensator Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited February 2009

I second that.
    I am impressed by anyone willing to listen and learn.
  • Kingpiccolo - Heavens Tear
    Kingpiccolo - Heavens Tear Posts: 419 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    We complain because the event was obviously inadequate and sexist. Doesn't take a genius to realise that having to dig 99 roses from 6 shrubs which are occupied by 20+ people each is quite unfair when the women who dig 6 honeys get more than 30 times the exp while the men did more than 16 times the work.

Unless they are doing everything right or at least living up to their customer's standards then they will continue to receive complaints which they should probably learn from instead of ignore.
  • Wysteria - Heavens Tear
    Wysteria - Heavens Tear Posts: 50 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Because without complaints & compliments the designers/programmers wouldnt know what they are getting right or wrong and eventually lose their players thus lose their cash shop buyers and revenue.

Just because its a game and mostly free to play, doesnt mean we have to like everything that is done and to post on a forum supplied so that we can discuss and give them our views, doesnt make us immature.

Equally when something is done well - they receive plenty of compliments.
    edited February 2009
    and to note i love the game dislike the events. other than being roped in by wife i avoid events and play the game.

i am very grateful to the ppl who set up pwi to be free to play. but they did not do any charity work by that. pwi is making massive money. i am grateful for the attempts but

why do they do events with so little thought about the human element???

gms sit near where suzerix can be drug, setting roses a stones throw away from jewel, makeing events to lure lvl 30 players into pk and then turn the high lvl red names lose on them, makeing spamming snowmen that only take on hit to kill give insane exp and letting it run as long as they did, making digging chocolate universal even if you didn't participate.
    that is where the complaint comes in. and it is called feed back.
    and i will whisper no.
  • FroozeBow - Heavens Tear
    FroozeBow - Heavens Tear Posts: 84 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    You can kind of blow off steam ranting about how gms do this, or do that (DONT do this/that also).
  • Anomandariss - Heavens Tear
    Anomandariss - Heavens Tear Posts: 21 Arc User
    edited February 2009

I totally agree with you.

Most people are greedy and selfish, they do not know what they want, nor what they truly need, and all they can do is complain. That's the way they were raised and taught, and it's unlikely for them to change.
  • Aesthor - Heavens Tear
    Aesthor - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,845 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    What if we complain because what we complained about before wasn't fixed? -_-
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ಥ_ಥ MOAR.
    SkyKoC - How long is yours?
  • Smexxyfox - Heavens Tear
    Smexxyfox - Heavens Tear Posts: 722 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    @ OP:

Stop saying F2P games have valid grounds to suck because they dont make the kind of money P2P games do. I couldn't even find a single guy to do that valentines event with, frankly I don't blame he guys cos they had to do 10x more work and got 1/10th of the exp. If it was a week long thing it would make a little more sense - but only 3 days ><.

And back to the money issue, PW china makes about 25million US$ per quater. The financial data is available on their site. (http://www.pwrd.com/html/en/ir_er_pr_list.html)

Don't misunderstand, I agree a lot of ppl are just annoying whiners that will do so for every reaon, but its a major pet peeve when someone goes "its f2p, stop complianing its not supposed to be as good as p2p"
    edited February 2009
    no one said these kinda games have "valid grounds to suck". Guess you misunderstood the whole topic...

I was just "complaining" about people people complaining all the time.

BTW, I want to complain about permanent rain around Shattered Jade. I hate it! Take it out...

hahahahaha b:chuckle

I mean, you can complain about something not working, about something done wrong... but complaining about details cuz you would've liked them some other way... that's too infantile
  • Mosz - Heavens Tear
    Mosz - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,181 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    some people DO say that(its a free game i can suck, thank our gms its freeee!), as in WC last night >.>
  • Aerilius - Heavens Tear
    Aerilius - Heavens Tear Posts: 111 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    I believe that we should keep complaining about whatever is on our mind. That way, GM's and everyone else will know exactly what people are thinking. If there is a mass outcry over a problem, GM's will have more motivation to do something about it.

With that said, I do NOT believe that GM's should have to respond to every little problem that arises. Yes, make your issues known, but simply hope that a GM has read your complaint, and has taken it into consideration. If there is a problem that enough people are concerned about, THEN a GM should respond. If there's just one person whining about something, a GM shouldn't have to waste time typing out a fully detailed response, but maybe rather just an acknowledgement that they are aware of the problem, if any answer at all.

And please, stop writing "ATTENTION GM'S HEY LOOK HERE THIS IS IMPORTANT" in your thread titles. It's annoying, and the "importance" of things is often largely opinionated (meaning that what you consider important might be totally irrelevent to everyone else).

Take into consideration that there are few of them and a great many of us. Expect that they'll solve major issues that a lot of people voice complaints about, but don't expect a GM to respond in every single thread posted.
  • Szhira - Sanctuary
    Szhira - Sanctuary Posts: 74 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Don't add to it by complaining also.

Just ignore the whiny spoiled brats who expect this to be their game.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited February 2009
    Don't add to it by complaining also.

Just ignore the whiny spoiled brats who expect this to be their game.

Why not complain? If someone complains about an issue nobody cares about, the thread will disappear off the front page into oblivion pretty quickly. If it is an issue that people care about, then people will respond to it and add their input. Who knows - maybe that issue on the back of your mind about, say, mirage celestones being too expensive is one that a lot of people agree with.

Guess I take a "free speech for all" approach.
  • Lessie - Lost City
    Lessie - Lost City Posts: 917 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    I mean, you can complain about something not working, about something done wrong... but complaining about details cuz you would've liked them some other way... that's too infantile

Quoted for truth value.
    Everyone just wants free exp nowadays.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ^^ Made by Saitada ^^

Dieho: I win 15 on 1, I roll all of your guild to sz all by myself !
    Lessie: Proof?
    Dieho: I dont have any, but my word is more than enough.
    Lessie: Well I won 33 on 1 the other day :D
    b:cute
    edited February 2009
    Quoted for truth value.
    Everyone just wants free exp nowadays.

Stop generalizing, please. I shouldn't have to go into detail why.
  • Lessie - Lost City
    Lessie - Lost City Posts: 917 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Stop generalizing, please. I shouldn't have to go into detail why.

ok then, make it "most ppl that I see in forum talkin about events" instead of everyone.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ^^ Made by Saitada ^^

Dieho: I win 15 on 1, I roll all of your guild to sz all by myself !
    Lessie: Proof?
    Dieho: I dont have any, but my word is more than enough.
    Lessie: Well I won 33 on 1 the other day :D
    b:cute