Should they change this rule!?

Options
LadiesMan$$$ - Lost City
LadiesMan$$$ - Lost City Posts: 1 Arc User
edited February 2009 in Arigora Colosseum
b:byehey look, im somewhat new to PWI, but i know how to play. I know the rules, how to play, all that. what i think they should change is that all the guys with red names or whatever that are really high leveled, shouldnt get to attack all the little lvl 30 newbs.b:cry every time i fly over to hidden orchid i get attcked by some guy!He kills me in like 5 hits! Does anybody else agree with me? thanks.b:victory
Post edited by LadiesMan$$$ - Lost City on

Comments

• Zoe - Heavens Tear
    Zoe - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,814 Arc User
    edited December 2008
    Options
    The only reason high levels attack low levels like that is because they can't hope to kill anyone in their level range, they are too weak for it. You should really just laugh at them.b:chuckle
    Main characters
    Celestial Sage Venomancer Zoe - 100
    Sage Barbarian Malego - 91
  • Ren - Lost City
    Ren - Lost City Posts: 355 Arc User
    edited December 2008
    Options
    The only reason high levels attack low levels like that is because they can't hope to kill anyone in their level range, they are too weak for it. You should really just laugh at them.b:chuckle

You're not too bright then, I was killing them because they make funny comments when killed.

Of course, I was killing the 70s/80s I encountered on my ladder-rank-raising spree, too.
    Blame the ladder for people pking more.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Zoe is so full of it, that he must be Karmelia.
  • Lordexion - Lost City
    Lordexion - Lost City Posts: 109 Arc User
    edited December 2008
    Options
    they should but a lvl difference restriction,now that the pvp rank list is there i bet alot of them are ''dirty'' points
  • Stickygreen - Heavens Tear
    Stickygreen - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,158 Arc User
    edited December 2008
    Options
    and the funny thing is, i dont think they are ever going to update the PK list x3
    Less QQ more Pew Pewb:thanks

"Don't argue with an idiot. They bring you down to their level, and beat you with experience."

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Asma - Lost City
    Asma - Lost City Posts: 51 Arc User
    edited December 2008
    Options
    They should have a level restriction. I swear I cant even pass by Hidden Orchid without getting PKd.
    The fail EP that has emo butterly wings on a male character that talks the most trash
  • Specgoesemo - Lost City
    Specgoesemo - Lost City Posts: 275 Arc User
    edited December 2008
    Options
    I only PK lowbies if they have ****/funny names :3 Or if they're in a guild I don't like. b:thanks
  • Stickygreen - Heavens Tear
    Stickygreen - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,158 Arc User
    edited December 2008
    Options
    would i get pked then spec? x3
    Less QQ more Pew Pewb:thanks

"Don't argue with an idiot. They bring you down to their level, and beat you with experience."

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited December 2008
    Options
    would i get pked then spec? x3

Yes >_> But if you dropped anything I'd give it back since you're not in any guilds I don't like :] [as long as you're a good sport about it, it is a PvP server!]
  • Envy - Lost City
    Envy - Lost City Posts: 540 Arc User
    edited December 2008
    Options

i kill low lvl red names for drops

15 gold flying sword
    gold hp/mp charms
    tele stones
    santa pants
    pk pots
    lowbie gear for npc ;3
  • Zoe - Heavens Tear
    Zoe - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,814 Arc User
    edited December 2008
    Options
    they should but a lvl difference restriction,now that the pvp rank list is there i bet alot of them are ''dirty'' points

Yes, the only kills that should count on the pk ranking are ones where you killed a player in your level range.
    Main characters
    Celestial Sage Venomancer Zoe - 100
    Sage Barbarian Malego - 91
  • SilentToy - Lost City
    SilentToy - Lost City Posts: 118 Arc User
    edited December 2008
    Options
    I don't have your problem, Haven't got pked yet when im white named, Only 3 times when I had red name^.^
  • Strategy - Lost City
    Strategy - Lost City Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited December 2008
    Options
    I got PKd today by some lvl 50+ on NWO and I PMd him saying "grats on pk'ing a lvl 30 >.>"

lol guess he can't pk any1 his lvl

P.S. I know my avatar pic says i'm low lvl but i got a lvl 30 on sanc
  • IronCleric - Sanctuary
    IronCleric - Sanctuary Posts: 118 Arc User
    edited December 2008
    Options
    Simple Solution:

If you don't want to get PKed by a higher lvl at a low level then simply, don't go into PK mode.

Its not that hard. dA eNd

S'pank yew. b:bye
    1 Corinthians 13:4-13
  • Warmaiden - Lost City
    Warmaiden - Lost City Posts: 81 Arc User
    edited December 2008
    Options
    Simple Solution:

If you don't want to get PKed by a higher lvl at a low level then simply, don't go into PK mode.

Its not that hard. dA eNd

S'pank yew. b:bye

Speak only for the PVE server. The OP is from Lost City.
  • Evoken - Heavens Tear
    Evoken - Heavens Tear Posts: 133 Arc User
    edited December 2008
    Options
    Don't go in pk mode

-end of story-
    No matter how strong, for a human to fight a monster means he has submerged his humanity and transformed himself into a greater monster - Berserk

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

myspace.com/divinedoppleganger
  • jemima
    jemima Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited December 2008
    Options
    Not going into pk mode is only a valid solution on the PvE servers, not the PvP one.

That said, if you're on the PvP server accept that you'll get killed. If you can't handle someone randomly killing you, then it's not the server for you.
  • Qarlynd - Lost City
    Qarlynd - Lost City Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited December 2008
    Options
    Seriously,

If you are on LC, you are going to get Pk'd. Just pick yourself up and go back to what you are doing. If you are in a "hot" area, go somewhere else and grind.

Worst things you can do. Send the person tells saying how much they suck etc.

Or if you are in a frisky mood, you can annoy them by constantly rezzing and attacking them back. I dont use cash shop items, so I could care less if I drop something.
  • Mua - Lost City
    Mua - Lost City Posts: 546 Arc User
    edited December 2008
    Options
    Let's see them make the pk rankings actually update.

But it would be funny to see GMs remove all kills for people ten levels below you, and then look at how different the list would be then.
    Mua - 8x WF - Conqueror
  • jemima
    jemima Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    Options
    Seriously,

If you are on LC, you are going to get Pk'd. Just pick yourself up and go back to what you are doing. If you are in a "hot" area, go somewhere else and grind.

Worst things you can do. Send the person tells saying how much they suck etc.

Or if you are in a frisky mood, you can annoy them by constantly rezzing and attacking them back. I dont use cash shop items, so I could care less if I drop something.
    That requires them to accept the res, which they're highly unlikely to do more than once at most, and even then once you've left the area.

Well, assuming average intelligence or greater on the victim's part.
  • Livebynight - Sanctuary
    Livebynight - Sanctuary Posts: 17 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    Options
    No offense to you people who love pking its wht u do best but it is kinda ridiculouse when you see a lvl 50 or higher killing someone 20 or more LVLS below them. Honestly if your going to pk someone fight in your own lvl area unless you just afraid of losing or you are just a sore loser. So jsut remember that. if u love pking then grats im happy for you just remember your not the only pker out there and there may be someone out their who may go after you and youll feel the same way as us when it happens.
  • cannonlancer
    cannonlancer Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    Options
    I've encountered many pk'ers who go to low levels because they are bored. I can understand this to a certain degree, but it is rather ridiculous. I like to toy with the ones like this by starting a good philosophical debate or something intellectual hopefully to keep them from being so bored. The only problem is, they don't seem to catch on to anything other than "ugh. Me kill you good. Me good". Many of these high level pk'ers that I have encountered are from a rather infamous faction who seems to have lowered its standards for whom it allows in. I'm not saying this as a description for any faction that think they fit the vagueness or to describe all pk'ers. Some are actually pretty cool. I just seem to encounter a lot of the special ed ones. Those, I don't see much hope for. At least, not until they learn math.b:chuckle
    edited January 2009
    Options
    Chances of finding anyone who gives a **** what a carebear on the PvP server has to say:
    b:surrender[-[-]
    ]

Chances of becoming a target posting stupid threads like this because if you're a carebear you shouldn't have rolled PvP server:
    ]b:angry
  • amradio
    amradio Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    Options
    I'm sorry but if anyone is from the PvE servers and they are complaining...just stop. If you don't wanna be pked by higher levels then, "deedeedeeeee", turn off pk mode. Wow that was difficult. And if you wanna be stubborn and stay in pk mode, well thats what you get. You honestly have nothing to whine about. Moving on.

If you're from lost city and complaining, get the heck out of lost city. Thats what you signed up for when you joined the server. Complaining about that is just ridiculous. If you don't like it, reroll, or at least learn the art of run. You dont lose xp, you hardly lose items, I don't understand the huge complaint minus the 30 seconds of inconvenience. If you're that hardcore about your questing to get all riled up, go to PvE please.

I'm level 35, and have been one-shotted a good 5 times, and attacked about twice that much. Never once have I complained, nor was it detrimental to what I was doing. Once I lost a mirage stone, but oh well not that serious. Just KNOW you will be PKed and life should be grand. Is it really that hard? Jesus.
  • Phsyco - Lost City
    Phsyco - Lost City Posts: 327 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    Options
    all i can say is agreed^^
  • basherboy357
    basherboy357 Posts: 14 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    Options
    mehhh....no support.

just laugh at them, if they cant pk anyone within 10 levels of them, but fact is, its a pvp server and you had to expect this, they shouldnt change the rules (in my opinion) just because you dont like them now that they affect you.
  • AsugoXXX - Heavens Tear
    AsugoXXX - Heavens Tear Posts: 16 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    Options
    Call me a care bear all me whatever but to those idiots who get pissed off when there randomly pkd then just go to a diff server sure you gotta sart over again but its worth not losing mounts cloths money so you be the judge
  • Lucifeara - Lost City
    Lucifeara - Lost City Posts: 27 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    Options
    Lmao!

I'm on lost city, and yep its a pvp server. Tbh its a bit nub for lvl 50+ to pk lvl 30s, but it happens, all games have idiots, it's the way of the world.
    my only concern is losing valuable items, fashion etc, as the documentation contradicts itself. On the same page it says can only lose items if pink or red, then says 1% chance to lose an item if white. They need to make their fkin mind up tbh.
    I've always been a hardcore pvper in other games, was ranked 18th out of 2000+ players on my last mmo, and I can't believe noones stated the obvious.
    For me as a hardcore grinder who is on 9+ hours every day, eventually I will be your lvl, no matter what lvl you are, it's inevitable. So pk me now as a lowbie, god help you when I get higher lvl, will make being pked now so much funnier at a later date, can't believe noone else stated the revenge aspect rofl.
  • Shonindayo - Lost City
    Shonindayo - Lost City Posts: 42 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    Options
    Hey we're the same level, nice! The revenge aspect is my favorite part. I have a guildmate who actually runs around during wraith events cursing ppl. I know sometimes I spam AoE's that cause bleed just for fun during the events too.

As for drops, its confirmed that you have a small chance to drop an item from your inventory if killed while white. The chance is VERY small though, to the point that it rarely happens...and of those times...its rarely if ever something you have equipped. Pretty much dont worry about it.

I believe the Pink-Red rule is the chance of dropping ALL your items when killed. Pink is a very small percentage, and it goes higher the deeper red you go. If you go the constant deep red route, I recommend having a support character to replace your gear for you. That way if you end up naked, log on your other character and make new gear, or send money to buy new ones.
  • Lucifeara - Lost City
    Lucifeara - Lost City Posts: 27 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options
    Hey we're the same level, nice! The revenge aspect is my favorite part. I have a guildmate who actually runs around during wraith events cursing ppl. I know sometimes I spam AoE's that cause bleed just for fun during the events too.

As for drops, its confirmed that you have a small chance to drop an item from your inventory if killed while white. The chance is VERY small though, to the point that it rarely happens...and of those times...its rarely if ever something you have equipped. Pretty much dont worry about it.

I believe the Pink-Red rule is the chance of dropping ALL your items when killed. Pink is a very small percentage, and it goes higher the deeper red you go. If you go the constant deep red route, I recommend having a support character to replace your gear for you. That way if you end up naked, log on your other character and make new gear, or send money to buy new ones.

Lol

To prove a point are we the same lvl now, 1 month later almost?
  • Chaorrow - Lost City
    Chaorrow - Lost City Posts: 16 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options
    one solution it may take longer if u travel in the game a lot but jus store most/all of ur items in bank and go to the city u want and take items out there cuz if some1 kills u then theres no loss of items

ps. this is an assumption cuz i am not high enuf to go pk and dont no the safe spots exactly......
    pss im new to game so correct if u cant do this or somthing or if hidden orchid doesnt have bank cuz then i got nutinb:victory