Why dont we have a chapel ??

Shailen - Heavens Tear
Shailen - Heavens Tear Posts: 13 Arc User
edited February 2009 in General Discussion
ermmm, hi, saw a few weddings happen, and wow, was pretty lame.
Whats it with, a Dude under a tree and guest have no part in it , except to see your friends dress up in some pretty funny outfits.b:chuckle, ohh and not to mention the LAG!!!!!!!!!!!! should be in a quiet part of town, west arch doesnt need anymore people there.
Why cant we choose what we wear, some brides are a little fashion savvy.
And to make it a little more special , cant the Eldest Matchmaker be in a little hut type of thing, like the apothcathy in south arch, and dress it up a litte, could be really nice.
Might even make me want to do it b:cute
Post edited by Shailen - Heavens Tear on

Comments

• Darkhawkclaw - Heavens Tear
    Darkhawkclaw - Heavens Tear Posts: 285 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    is there a pwi dating service for those of us who want to get married but are too busy grinding b:laugh
  • Michaeas - Sanctuary
    Michaeas - Sanctuary Posts: 24 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    I second this idea.

I would not use the service mind you, but I do second the idea.

To add, if I may, I think a nice Zen Garden for the Matchmaker to stand in would go nicely with the game's mythos. :)

Thanks.
    It's as I have always said, "You can get more results with a kind word and a big stick, than you can with merely a kind word."

EKAS: Explorer 100.00%, Killer 46.67%, Achiever 40.00%, Socializer 13.33%
  • FooFooKity - Heavens Tear
    FooFooKity - Heavens Tear Posts: 164 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    I just recently got married to a lovely little wizzy and was so lagged out by all the people there that we couldnt enjoy our first kiss as a married couple. The atmosphere in that area is absolutely horrid..no romance at all for couples gettin married. I completly agree that a chapel of some sort decorated for the special event should be created. Also as in real life friends should be able to be a part of the wedding. All they get to do is stand there and watch and enjoy lots of lag.

Foo

Hey Elronia...I found a new bridge lets go check it outb:dirty !!!!
    edited February 2009
    i TOLD her my idea would be popular b:kiss
    at least i didnt say pwi-mail order brides!
    of course if have to buy off the clearance rack... skills are expensive!
    (so are charms without charm packs)
    edited February 2009
    You may not get a whole woman if you buy one from the clearance rack Dark, maybe you should spend a little less on skills and a bit more on the mail order bride so u be sure all the parts are there
  • DevilCrys - Heavens Tear
    DevilCrys - Heavens Tear Posts: 488 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Religious reasons, Can't build a chapel without people saying 'Thats christian oriented' ect..
    edited February 2009
    Ok but couldnt it be a litle bit more romantic than some guy under a tree in the middle of lagville..dont have to associate any religion or religous things with it..just make it more romantic for the couple involved
    edited February 2009
    so the most expensive parts are the best? sad cause while i was figureing out how to word that without being explicit someone beat me to the point of this post, chaple does imply religios overtones, you want a banquet hall or some sort of wedding facility, and to fit the backdrop possibly nice tradiotional chinese wouldnt be so bad. omg shailen look i made a valid point and it was a serioius post! with no spell check!
    edited February 2009
    one more comment on the wedding facility or location, just make note of one thing please. OPEN BAR. thanks.
  • Shailen - Heavens Tear
    edited February 2009
    Religious reasons, Can't build a chapel without people saying 'Thats christian oriented' ect..

doesnt have to be a chapel, can be a nice garden or surroundings other than kity shops or even a hut with decorations other then a old dude under a tree, { sorry if i offended any old looking dudes b:victory }
  • dawndreamer
    dawndreamer Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    doesnt have to be a chapel, can be a nice garden or surroundings other than kity shops or even a hut with decorations other then a old dude under a tree, { sorry if i offended any old looking dudes b:victory }

She beat me to my post.

I second this, however, I veto the OPEN BAR suggestion as there are some under 21's playing this game.
    (Or people like myself who veto drinking in general)
    Barbs should have a 50% HP reduction..... Mages should 2X mana cost increase...... BM's shouldn't be allowed to use weapons at all...... Archers should throw shoes and boots at the enemy..... Clerics should only be able to heal npc's.... Veno's should have a minimum of 5 phoenix's at level 1
    There, I balanced the game... You can thank me later.

TY Mr_Gripb:chuckle
    edited February 2009
    i forgot ppl who are under 21 play. thats my lack of forethought, wedding favors......yea.....wedding favors, i could use a nice scarlet fruit or 40. maybe they could ride off on a mount with cans tied to it. just married spray painted on the sides. if no mount is available you can just use a barb that may be handy, or if the grooom happens to be a barb, well that saves renting the extra help. im putting way too much thought into this, thanks shailen, for polluting my mind.
  • Twilae - Heavens Tear
    Twilae - Heavens Tear Posts: 17 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Whoa whoa wait... you mean people don't enjoy getting married on the side of an overcrowded street? Why was I not informed of this? D:

I suppose a chapel would be a nice idea, though I'd doubt it if it were ever implemented. How much do you wanna bet they'd charge you admission fees for it, anyway?
  • The ferenczy - Sanctuary
    The ferenczy - Sanctuary Posts: 275 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    let me explain this in very simple terms.
    THE REASON THAT THE MARRAGE SYSTEM HAS THESE FLAWS IS *drum roll*

IT IS THE STUPIDEST THING IN THE WORLD. AND TOTALLY FREAKING POINTLESS.

the only exception is real life couples who are seperated in location who game together.
    i have meet those of you who are army spouses deep respect to you and real congrats on finding a way to be together.

THE REST OF YOU GET A CLUE AND A LIFE GEEZE.

"i spent 30 or 20 bucks to marry a cartoon and didn't feel the romance."
    of course you didn't it's on a screen you cant feel any thing.
    one day the world will shout to me save us....
    and i will whisper no.
  • Elronia - Heavens Tear
    Elronia - Heavens Tear Posts: 91 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    A seperated place away from the ultimate lagg fest that is west arch would be a great idea. Lets face it though folks it IS a game my concern about the wedding thing is the sad cases that take it TOO seriously an think its real.
    Its a game.

So Foo, where's that bridge?
  • Shailen - Heavens Tear
    edited February 2009
    let me explain this in very simple terms.

THE REST OF YOU GET A CLUE AND A LIFE GEEZE.

"i spent 30 or 20 bucks to marry a cartoon and didn't feel the romance."
    of course you didn't it's on a screen you cant feel any thing.

"says the guy playing a 'fantasy' rpg",
    hmmmmm maybe we dont want a life, and who r u to criticize what other people want to do, if they arent annoying you, leave it be, and they might only be doing it for the fun of it and Not taking it as seriously as u think they are.
    edited February 2009
    when you say game, do you ,mean marrige is a game? or the wedding is a game? i do not understand why you think something is some kind of game. im very confuzed and upset. on other notes, if there will be no open bar will food be served?
    edited February 2009
    Dont worry love ill be sure to show u the new bridge later...Its a really nice one too..secluded and away from everyone.
    And you are correct way too many people think they have fallen in love with a bunch of pixels on a monitor those are the ones that really need a reality check.

Foo
    edited February 2009
    food? b:bye lets NOT get off topic, wait, what is the topic? can i have an in game birfday party?
  • Rebela - Heavens Tear
    Rebela - Heavens Tear Posts: 38 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    I agree the location of Elder Matchmaker it's really bad picked (if another district than West Arch is the main center of Archosaur... then it wouldn't have been so much lag around the E. Matchmaker..)
    My issue is more about the wedding outfit =)))
    PW International version.. then what's up with those wedding clothes =))) i find more appropriate the elegant suit for man and the crystal or ballroom dress for woman. b:chuckle
  • Melethiel - Lost City
    Melethiel - Lost City Posts: 156 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Don't forget the best man, and maid of honour, and bridesmaids, and the paige boy along with the flower girl...b:victory
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "Only the dead have seen the end of war."
  • Zoe - Heavens Tear
    Zoe - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,814 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    I agree the location of Elder Matchmaker it's really bad picked (if another district than West Arch is the main center of Archosaur... then it wouldn't have been so much lag around the E. Matchmaker..)
    My issue is more about the wedding outfit =)))
    PW International version.. then what's up with those wedding clothes =))) i find more appropriate the elegant suit for man and the crystal or ballroom dress for woman. b:chuckle

The game is chinese, the wedding outfits are used in real life for the traditional chinese wedding.
    Main characters
    Celestial Sage Venomancer Zoe - 100
    Sage Barbarian Malego - 91
  • Smexxyfox - Heavens Tear
    Smexxyfox - Heavens Tear Posts: 722 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    I have to agree, on ragnarok you had to goto the church and be in a party, exchange rings etc etc. There was wedding music and the wholee 9yards.

Also there was proper wedding skills like the abiity to summon your spouse to your location, men could transfer their HP to wifes and the women could transfer MP to men. While you cast the skill it wrote "i love you" and made pink aura -soo kewt :P

Seriousley marrige in PW is a moneymaking joke, no skills, no (lasting)benefits, no fancy wedding procedure, its all about the money in PWI's pocket.
    edited February 2009
    idk why. its just tuesday
  • DevilCrys - Heavens Tear
    DevilCrys - Heavens Tear Posts: 488 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    The game is chinese, the wedding outfits are used in real life for the traditional chinese wedding.

Im not chinese so why dont I have an option for whats traditional for me :)

GG your boring..dont post anymore..I want a church with our lord n saviour jesus christ.. <--is why theres no chapels.. discrimination..If they have a muslim church then ull have christians harrassing them like ROFL UR MUSLIM

Or christians getting harrassed by jews ROFL UR CHRISTIAN

or jews getting harrassed by w.e else is out there ROFL UR JEWISH

see? that stuff will happen
  • Finra - Sanctuary
    Finra - Sanctuary Posts: 137 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    in another game i played theres this NPC that directs u to another area and its lyk heaven there lol its a actual wedding cerenomed church and theres lyk doves and all that craps everywhere xD I just think that the wedding on PWI is very unformal =( make it more spazzy!!!!!!!!!!!! and why west archo T.T...... dun wan lag during my wedding! b:shocked
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Kasugahime - Sanctuary
    Kasugahime - Sanctuary Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    I suppose you could consider the Matchmaker like the clerk at town hall people get the official marriage certificate from. Not a romantic setting, but just where you go to file the paperwork.
    If you want a 'real' romantic wedding, do like in "real" life: find a venue, send out invitations to friends and family, etc. As a bonus, the bride and groom can wear whatever they want!

I don't reeaally see why some players being under 21 would be a barrier to having an in-game open bar. It's illegal (in the U.S.) for minors to purchase alcohol, but hey, it's illegal for anyone of any age to go around killing people, too. ;)
  • Prewancker - Lost City
    Prewancker - Lost City Posts: 59 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    im Not Chinese So Why Dont I Have An Option For Whats Traditional For Me :)

Gg Your Boring..dont Post Anymore..i Want A Church With Our Lord N Saviour Jesus Christ.. <--is Why Theres No Chapels.. Discrimination..if They Have A Muslim Church Then Ull Have Christians Harrassing Them Like Rofl Ur Muslim

Or Christians Getting Harrassed By Jews Rofl Ur Christian

Or Jews Getting Harrassed By W.e Else Is Out There Rofl Ur Jewish

See? That Stuff Will Happen

Rofl Ur Stupid.
  • Pharse - Heavens Tear
    Pharse - Heavens Tear Posts: 93 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    i forgot ppl who are under 21 play. thats my lack of forethought, wedding favors......yea.....wedding favors, i could use a nice scarlet fruit or 40. maybe they could ride off on a mount with cans tied to it. just married spray painted on the sides. if no mount is available you can just use a barb that may be handy, or if the grooom happens to be a barb, well that saves renting the extra help. im putting way too much thought into this, thanks shailen, for polluting my mind.

By saying this it is an assumption that all players are from the U.S.A. I am quite sure that the U.S. drinking rules do not apply in other countries. Actually I am pretty sure that most countries let people drink when they are adults (18 is pretty much considered an adult everywere). Since this is PWI, the "I" being international, is it really fair that we inforce our crazy rules on everyone else.

I agree that there should be a different place to have weddings. Arch is a lag fest. I went to one for a good in-game friend and it was really disappointing. It would also be nice to allow for a large squad during weddings and all be allowed to talk in squad chat to the couple getting married.

A building or a nice garden would be nice for the people who want to get married. I personally do not want to get married and see it as a waste of coin or money but lots of people do want to get married and it would be nice for them.