Is this possible?

WuSuang - Sanctuary
WuSuang - Sanctuary Posts: 26 Arc User
edited February 2009 in Wizard
As you all know for those of you search through the fourms, I'm quite sure you have come across threads debating wether Light Armor or Arcane Robes are better for PvP or PvE.

So heres my question. Can a robe wizard (my armor type) be able to survive just as long as a LA build in PvP? Is this possible?
Post edited by WuSuang - Sanctuary on

Comments

• Layowiin - Sanctuary
    Layowiin - Sanctuary Posts: 15 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    sure, anything is possible...maybe no one will notice you are nuking them, maybe you will be the highest lvl... hehe

light armour is THE way to go for pvp. you will still be doing plenty of dmg.

but you will still be dying... b:chuckle
  • VonTerror - Lost City
    VonTerror - Lost City Posts: 224 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Well let's assume everyone has relatively the same refined gear / lvl shards. I would say the answer is no but you can make it close. I just posted something here about what i did up until yesterday you might find helpful. You just got to look ahead and check Auction and Cat shops a lot to find the right gear for it

http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=194811&page=2

Many times though it will depend on the party you are with, or if you are backstabbing etc. A good party can keep people off of you long enough while you nuke away and then there is no need for the extra survivability, though if you are fighting a good party they will try to kill the nukers quickly. I guess my long in short is it depends, hahaha
    b:bye
  • DiFiore - Heavens Tear
    DiFiore - Heavens Tear Posts: 28 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Well let's assume everyone has relatively the same refined gear / lvl shards. I would say the answer is no but you can make it close. I just posted something here about what i did up until yesterday you might find helpful. You just got to look ahead and check Auction and Cat shops a lot to find the right gear for it

http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=194811&page=2

Many times though it will depend on the party you are with, or if you are backstabbing etc. A good party can keep people off of you long enough while you nuke away and then there is no need for the extra survivability, though if you are fighting a good party they will try to kill the nukers quickly. I guess my long in short is it depends, hahaha

Of course there's strong strategy to be had with that, as well. If they become TOO obsessed with killing the nukers, that leaves the rest of your party with a lot of leeway to wreak some havoc (stunlocking certain people, leaving openings for WF to start setting up some curses/debuffs, free pot-shots for your own archers) while you distance shrink and FoW all over the place.
  • casonz
    casonz Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Of course, its possible....b:cute
This discussion has been closed.