I need a few pointers on making a Full Atk Cleric

Xixatreyuxix - Lost City
Xixatreyuxix - Lost City Posts: 22 Arc User
edited February 2009 in Cleric
If anyone can give me a some more adivce id greatly appricate it. plz and thank you
Ho-mo Says What?
Post edited by Xixatreyuxix - Lost City on

Comments

• Nelae - Heavens Tear
    Nelae - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,490 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Only add to Mag and every 2lvs 1str.
    Max your Ironheart/Plumshot/Cyclone.
    You wont have spirit to max your aoe's, but when you will have spirit to waste put it to razor feathers. You wont be adding to it before lv50 i am sure xD.
    About the buffs, its tricky max only Spirit's gift. And keep the others low and probably dont even bother on Celestial Guardian's Seal untill you have extra spirit.
    Try and keep all your debuffs up to date but not necessary maxed.

Put hp gems in your gear before you want to start going on TT runs.
    And kite psy/ranged mobs.

That would summon it all in short, all the small things, well you will find out.
    And probably i hear "dont be a FAC" coming here soon lol.
    b:dirty
  • Xixatreyuxix - Lost City
    Xixatreyuxix - Lost City Posts: 22 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    lol thx for the advice it will help alot..and sorry for the late response

i like to be diffrent from everyone else anyone who thinks this class is a waste of time is completely dumb
    Ho-mo Says What?
  • Nelae - Heavens Tear
    edited February 2009
    We are most wanted so lol so it sure isnt a waste of time.
    Tho as a FAC youll main thing will be DD/debuff if there is another cleric in party.
    Some ppl dont like it, well their choice ;p
  • Mikel_oru - Sanctuary
    Mikel_oru - Sanctuary Posts: 610 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    i like to be diffrent from everyone else anyone who thinks this class is a waste of time is completely dumb

Err who said that about Clerics?
    Clerics ain't only support, they are 2nd best DD class after Wizards, I even heard that demon spells surpass Wizards lol and anyways we are by far the most usefull class in the game, all squads ask for Clerics.
    Also in PvP the only class that could cause us trouble are archers and still that's debatable. (in all my duels I lost only once)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • fuzzles
    fuzzles Posts: 628 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Err who said that about Clerics?
    Clerics ain't only support, they are 2nd best DD class after Wizards, I even heard that demon spells surpass Wizards lol and anyways we are by far the most usefull class in the game, all squads ask for Clerics.
    Also in PvP the only class that could cause us trouble are archers and still that's debatable. (in all my duels I lost only once)

Mmm.. nope.

Archers and venos still deal more damage than clerics.

So congratulations. Clerics are better DDs than BMs and barbs. How awesome.

Bear in mind however, that FAC is more of a state of mind than a build.

Everyone who says that FACs are awesome are either idiots, or aren't actually playing a FAC.. just think they are.
    Everyone here is ridiculously oversensitive.
  • Forp - Heavens Tear
    Forp - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,445 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    how to build a fac(full attack): don't raise your heals, buffs, debuffs, etc. and only raise attacks. congratulations, you're now "full attack", and completely useless. leave wizards as dd's, as you don't have half the attacks.
  • Nelae - Heavens Tear
    edited February 2009
    If we ignore the stat build. And only look skills, how is a full attack useless?
    You dont need any one to help you do your quests, you grind very good.
    You can support cause you have ironheart maxed...sheesh only thing you cant is to buff some one. Is that so bad?
    I personally like to upgrade my grinding spells, rather then buffs.
    Ppl with who i go on FBs and TTs know that lol, and didnt even complain once.
    Rather they enjoy killing debuffed bosses and someone on the side to DD.
  • Ithilmir - Sanctuary
    Ithilmir - Sanctuary Posts: 91 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    FACs can still buff. They should have Magic Shell, Vanguard Spirit and Spirit's Gift maxed, though they most likely wouldn't get the party buffs -- which is only a small inconvenience. Only Celestial Guardian Seal is lacking, but health/mana regen isn't as needed.
  • Forp - Heavens Tear
    edited February 2009
    Healing is a support skill, buffing is support, "Full Attack" should never have such skills. By what's-his-face's guide, you're all support clerics.

Nelae, odds are, you've never been to hh, hush. Debuff isn't exclusive to being "full attack", as I have them too. The god damn theory of debuffing normal monsters and killing them in half the attacks is just a rumor pulled out of thin air.

Normal monsters have little to no elemental defense, -30% adds roughly 50 to 100 damage. Someone explain how that little poke kills a monster in half the hits, and kills faster with higher survivability, when they're actually getting hit by opening with the skill and giving the mob more time to get them.
  • Nelae - Heavens Tear
    edited February 2009
    Never used debuffs on mobs while grinding, useless.
    On FB's, TT's always.
    And this debate is useless like any other before.
    Some of us like to DD, some to stay back and support.
    I like both tho prefer to DD so cleric is perfect class for that.

Yes i have been in TT's about 8-10 times so, not counting the solo TT mode.
    Had to stay away from the Drum boss after he was on 30%hp cause he could easy 1 shot me there.
    *you can join us Frop if you want to sometimes lol*
  • Forp - Heavens Tear
    edited February 2009
    My name isn't frop, you've never been there, a cleric trying to be a dd is useless unless there's enough healers already, and then again, they still don't hit very hard spamming their most basic skills. If you want to see big numbers pop up on your screen, roll a mage.
  • stillnotking
    stillnotking Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    FAC is a silly build, one of those things people play after they've already tried every class and are totally bored with the game. Cayeon's guide is full and detailed but bizarrely idiosyncratic. He says you shouldn't level healing spells even after you have SP to spare, because people might want you to heal them. WTF is that? Just one guy's fetish build.

A cleric who merely prioritizes attack spells is not a FAC. I would be willing to bet that no more than a half dozen people in the whole game are playing FACs as described by Cayeon, and I'm sure they meet with (fully deserved) opprobrium for it too.
  • thewordlesssignature
    thewordlesssignature Posts: 45 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Be prepared for people to not like you.

Hmm, tips for making an FAC? simple. 9 mag 1 str every two levels. Your priority will be Plume Shot and Cyclone. Your only healing Spell will be Iron Heart. You will focus on Debuffs instead of the other heals, but you will need to level up Vanguard Blessing and Spirit's Gift, which raises your pdef and your mag atk, respectively.

If you ask, "why am I getting a healing spell if I'm full attack?" then I'll say that you might as well become a mage. FAC tries to be versatile, being able to heal and deal lots of damage. But with such low vit, you have to rely on getting HP stones in the earlier levels. Eventually, you can just use a life powder and grind away if your just doing PVE. If you are doing TW or other stuff, you are pretty much more screwed than other clerics.

FAC is not too bad if your just doing PVE. Its just that your priorities are different when it comes to skills. FSC (full support clerics) have the same stat build as FAC, but they use different skills. For sure, FSC's also lvl up their plume shot, cyclone and Iron Heart. There are other ways of making clerics: some people give their clerics some vit, some clerics are built to wear light armor; you have hybrid clerics who are just all around funky...basically, if you keep those main 3 spells, you are set to make whatever Cleric you want.

So, do what you want to do.

jaa,
    sano
  • Ithilmir - Sanctuary
    Ithilmir - Sanctuary Posts: 91 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    My advice for making an FAC is to look past the "Full Attack" aspect and just make a cleric. Chances are you'll be investing points into Plume Shot and Great Cyclone, which will be what you will use 90% of the time if you're not healing. Once you get Level 10 Ironheart Blessing, you've got the core of your healing. From there is a matter of when you decide to get Blue Bubble.
  • DarkSmoke - Lost City
    DarkSmoke - Lost City Posts: 42 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Full Attack Cleric Build acording to what ive read and experienced so far:

Im a lvl 74 cleric, i based my build mostly on Attack and Defense more then actually being a support cleric. So far ive been able own in pvp even 10 lvls higher BMs, around my lvl Barbarians, Archers 5 lvls higher then me,Wizards with Arcane armors also 5-10 lvls higher, my only really trouble could be venos but i still can defend my self as long as a Phoenix doesnt shows up.

*Add Just the minimum strength required for the Arcane Robe armors.
    *Add most of your points in Magic (i would say all but i have around 50 on vita)
    *Vita as i said this is optional, depends on your self and if u feel u can survive without it.

Spells:
    Max Plume shot,Iron Heart Blessing,Purify(lvl it at least to 5),Cyclone,Wield Thunder,Metal Mastery,PLUME SHELL is basic,Tempest (your best friend at pvp).
    Seals
    Sleep although its expensive to lvl its really worth it, the other 3 seals i started lvling them at 60 too.
    Buffs
    I maxed all except HP/MP recovery 10mp/hp per sec aint really enough to make a diference.
    Dont learn Party Buffs. Even though single buffs last less u still get the same bonus from single then from party buffs.
    Optional:
    Revive (always come handy in pvp/pve)
    Regeneration Aura(Blue Bubble) basic for TT runs and a life saver when ure in a party.

Gear:
    I can say arcane robes with +phys res bonuses and phys res shards are the best for pvp/pve.
    U get enough magic defense from arcane robes, add all the phys res u can on bonuses and shards and it makes BMs a joke when u cast Plume Shell they will hit so low that its just funny. 20 secs from plume shell is more then enough to knock them out(recomended Spirit Gold Charms to use plume shell).

Ive seen many Clerics with HP shards too, ive never tried em out my self but as long as u have both magic and phys kick **** defenses id say u dont need so much hp to back you up.

If u want more info or tips from a wierd build cleric who does pretty well on pvp.
    PM me in Lost City Server or post a Reply here, ill try my best to help out.
    DarkSmoke: lvl 100 Cleric
    Faction: Nagare
    Lost City Server

''Wars come and go, but my soldiers stay eternal''
    -2pac-
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]