Cat shop search function

Options
miollvynir
miollvynir Posts: 83 Arc User
edited August 2009 in Suggestion Box
I'm not a lazy person... but whenever I'm looking for one item in particular, I may go through HUNDREDS of cat shops before finding it. A cat shop search option that allows us to find the items we need would be fantastic, as well as it would encourage more competitive pricing when our shopping abilities are expanded. In this new PW economy, competition for pricing is a definite plus. What say you?
Post edited by miollvynir on

Comments

• AlpineFrost - Lost City
    AlpineFrost - Lost City Posts: 362 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options
    /signed

It's a GREAT idea. i hate having to run around looking in zillions of Catshops for one item that isnt crazy overpriced!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Ex-Waffles Director
    ~Ragequit
  • Nimrrod - Lost City
    Nimrrod - Lost City Posts: 23 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options
    I think this is a really good idea. maybe create caps in prices
    Learn the rules so you can brake'em properly!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Granrey - Sanctuary
    Granrey - Sanctuary Posts: 2,050 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options
    I agree this this. However, many similar ideas for this issue have been posted and I have not seen any repply from developers.
  • miollvynir
    edited February 2009
    Options
    I understand the difficulty when dealing with certain items, but even so, we should at least have a search for items like hay and other specifics that we often look for. Maybe not Mithril Plate with +3 vitality or something that specific... but at least categorize... like... "I'm searching for chest armor. Who's selling it?"

I would like to at least hear some feedback from one of the gms either way, just so this doesn't die without anyone figuring out if it was even read by a gm.
  • miollvynir
    edited February 2009
    Options
    Thinking... if not a search function, which to me would rock, then perhaps certain areas? Like a bunch of rooms in the cities that are specifically for certain types of items or levels. Herbs?... go to the herb market downtown. Armor? We've got a market right over here! Wouldn't that be nice?
  • Layowiin - Sanctuary
    Layowiin - Sanctuary Posts: 15 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options
    this is what the Auction House is for. if more people used it instead of being lazy and throwing up a catshop...there WOULD be real competative pricing.

as it is, only a small percentage of PWI users use the auction house.

and the auction house includes a "search" function

auction house ftw

b:victory
  • Foxdarkveno - Sanctuary
    Foxdarkveno - Sanctuary Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options
    the only problem i see is that because ppl gte alot of the stuff they sell for free (drops and such) they could get too competitive and drop prices way too low and cause other ppl todo the same. So yada yada, too much stuff being bought, not enough money going around.

But like a price cap, they could also set a price floor, might take a few tries though, sound hard to program
  • Kyarii - Heavens Tear
    Kyarii - Heavens Tear Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options
    this is what the Auction House is for. if more people used it instead of being lazy and throwing up a catshop...there WOULD be real competative pricing.

auction house ftw

I would not go so far as to say that setting up a catshop is lazy. The auction house is perfect for rare and hard to get hold of items, probably not the best place for a hundred different people that want to sell herbs.

For one thing, there is the fee to set up an auction. I don't see people really wanting to pay something like that when they just want to sell off excess inventory very quickly. I know of at least one person that goes out and gathers the crafting materials he thinks he needs, crafts until he gets a decent version of what he is trying to make, and then sells off his excess mats at double what he would get by selling to an NPC. For him, and anyone else out there like him, the auction house simply is not a viable option for something like that.
  • Aezy - Sanctuary
    Aezy - Sanctuary Posts: 16 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options

auction house ftw

Unless Im missing something (very well possible) the auction search function is only by auction# or by type of item. For someone new (like myself) not being able to search by "oil" to get all the types of oils in a list is very timewasting. I have tried the search box in the filter window, but it seems to do nothing.
  • Cyanea - Lost City
    Cyanea - Lost City Posts: 107 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options
    Unless Im missing something (very well possible) the auction search function is only by auction# or by type of item. For someone new (like myself) not being able to search by "oil" to get all the types of oils in a list is very timewasting. I have tried the search box in the filter window, but it seems to do nothing.

I have never used auction search boxes, but can usually find stuff using filter (selecting something in some category).
  • miollvynir
    edited February 2009
    Options
    the only problem i see is that because ppl gte alot of the stuff they sell for free (drops and such) they could get too competitive and drop prices way too low and cause other ppl todo the same. So yada yada, too much stuff being bought, not enough money going around.

But like a price cap, they could also set a price floor, might take a few tries though, sound hard to program

You're forgetting something. No one's going to sell their items for less than they could get at the NPC. I personally don't sell mine for much more than that, unless it's a rare item.
  • leo3
    leo3 Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Options
    there are some reasons ppl don't use auction house:
    1. fee is expansive (minimum 500 coins for each sale even if it wasn't sale at last)
    2. it's time limited (24 hours at most)
    3. the filter is terrible, there is ain't easy search text box.
    4. there ain't "buy" function like in cat shop -> a place that you can put an item you want to buy in a specific price and wait until someone will sell it for you.

The idea of cat shop search is great, it will make finding items easier and the price comparing will be easier.
    there won't be need any more to put all of the cat shops in the same place (west archsour) bacause ppl will be able to put catshop wherever they are and the buyer/sellers will find them using this search method.