To all who take offense

Options
Dogvomit - Sanctuary
Dogvomit - Sanctuary Posts: 3 Arc User
edited February 2009 in General Discussion
My game name is the result of many failed attempts to create a name in another game I was playing. After finding that each name I came up with was already taken, I got a little sarcastic with the computer and entered "DogVomit", daring it to tell me the name was already taken. Well, it wasn't. :0)

Having lived by that name in this other game for quite a while and making some good friends (yes, shocker that I can have friends with a name like that), I made my move to PW and brought my friends and my name with me. My friends know me and those of you who aren't judgemental just may find that I'm probably one of the nicest blokes you'll ever know.

So to those who will continue to WTF, OMG, and WTH me about the name, I say to you...

...pppbpthtbbth!! I'm an elf archer so watch for falling DogVomit.
Post edited by Dogvomit - Sanctuary on

Comments

• Junon - Heavens Tear
    Junon - Heavens Tear Posts: 181 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options
    Whoever takes offense to your name shouldn't be playing online games to begin with.
  • Teseanna - Heavens Tear
    Teseanna - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,021 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options
  • Saitada - Sanctuary
    Saitada - Sanctuary Posts: 3,220 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options
    Now thats funny, I don't care who you are...

Kinda like a recently deleted character of mine named BuzzardPuke. I made him to transfer some stuff for me and to hold some other stuff. When he had served his function... I fed him to the Buzzards.

~S
  • Naeva - Sanctuary
    Naeva - Sanctuary Posts: 55 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options
    I think there should be a random name function to this game, I just hate to spend so much time on thinking out something which sounds rather okay but that isnt already taken.
  • Hildeborg - Heavens Tear
    Hildeborg - Heavens Tear Posts: 96 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options
    Google -> search Everchanging Book of Names
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Skcusefil - Heavens Tear
    Skcusefil - Heavens Tear Posts: 35 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options
    know the feeling bout finding a name...luckily 90% of games i play mine is never used and usually takes people a couple months to figure it out anyway..
  • Suiel - Sanctuary
    Suiel - Sanctuary Posts: 33 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options
    LOL... I've seen a lot worse names. Actually had a falling out with a guy over the name Assrapist once :P DogVomit... thats actually kinda funny and well.. you're the one that has to live with it.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited February 2009
    Options
    know the feeling bout finding a name...luckily 90% of games i play mine is never used and usually takes people a couple months to figure it out anyway..

I figured it out in like 2 secs..

LifeSucks lol..
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Flying to continue my journey..
  • kantorek
    kantorek Posts: 136 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options
    I like your name actually. Reminds me of when my dog eats too much and..... b:shutup
    朱健诚
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Maintenance is my Constant. b:surrender
  • Vinat - Sanctuary
    Vinat - Sanctuary Posts: 1,200 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options
    it's not offensive. gross maybe, but not offensive.
  • deshin
    deshin Posts: 123 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options
    I'm sure dogs don't find it offensive. Anyone who has had a dog knows dogs just use it as excuse to eat something a second time.
  • jalenstar4ever
    jalenstar4ever Posts: 72 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options
    deshin wrote: »
    I'm sure dogs don't find it offensive. Anyone who has had a dog knows dogs just use it as excuse to eat something a second time.

yup. sort of a two-fer-one meal or warm left-overs.
  • LogiK - Lost City
    LogiK - Lost City Posts: 14 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options

Thank you both of you.
    now back to the real point.
    I have to agree with everyone. Your name is perfectly fine. Its not the name of the chars its who is in the chair playing that character that makes the character. My point period!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    b:victoryWe are the center. Noone can change this!b:victory
  • Tigriss - Heavens Tear
    Tigriss - Heavens Tear Posts: 760 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options
    Well I was eating a sandwich.b:spit
    "Jesus fricking christ on a pogo stick. Your a mass of fricking idiots I swear!"
    -Saitada
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Thankies Crystalynnex
  • walkingthepath
    walkingthepath Posts: 20 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options
    I've had the same troubles. There are a few names I generally use in every online capacity, and many times they're already used. Who knew?!

Apparently someone already took FaithReborn on PWI, so i had to come up with this...lame excuse...for a name.

I've done the total sarcasm before, and ended up having to delete the character before even playing him/her (I'll leave you to figure out why...), so I do agree with the random name function.
  • Pabadlong - Sanctuary
    Pabadlong - Sanctuary Posts: 20 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options

Great!!! I was eating lunch while reading this thread LOL

Nyway....Your name's fine....just avoid people when they're eating LOL!!!
  • Smexxyfox - Heavens Tear
    Smexxyfox - Heavens Tear Posts: 722 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options
    I used to have a archer in another game called "ks me?,lol"

Intresting name, now you just need a ladyfriend called "kittenvomit" and get married. It would make for the best ever wedding announcemet.
  • Coshten - Sanctuary
    Coshten - Sanctuary Posts: 92 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options
    Dogvomit and Kittenvomit are now husband and wife...hahaha that would be really funny... Some people just want somethin to complain about... You name is fine... :) I got lucky on mine... First one I tried and it worked... b:victory
  • DevilCrys - Heavens Tear
    DevilCrys - Heavens Tear Posts: 488 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options
    kantorek wrote: »
    I like your name actually. Reminds me of when my dog eats too much and..... b:shutup

Or when you eat to much b:pleased

Your name offensive though dude, they just basic QQers on this game.
  • Solandri - Heavens Tear
    Solandri - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,843 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options
    The Four Types of Dog Vomit (you dog owners will recognize all of these, original author unknown)

YELLOW URKA-GURKA

Dog runs around the house and hides under furniture while making a prolonged "uuuuurka-guuuuurka, uuurka-guurka" noise. (This noise is the only thing guaranteed to wake up a true dog lover who is hung over from a post dog-show celebration at 3:30 a.m.) After mad scrambling to capture the dog and drag him outside, the episode ends with an inaudible ten yard slimy yellow froth from the living room rug to the back door.

BLAP DISEASE

Dog exercises hard and (a) eats large mouthfuls of snow (winter Blap Disease) or (b) drinks a bucket of water (Summer Blap Disease). Within two minutes of returning inside, the dog spews out large amounts of clear slimy liquid while making a distinctive ‘blap’ sound and a sharp percussive noise as it hits the linoleum.

GARKS

Dog suddenly clears his throat with loud and dramatic "gggaark, gggark" noises generally followed by prolonged "iiiksss" and then loud satisfied smacking noises. There is nothing on the rug. Don’t investigate, you don’t want to know.

RALFS

Apropos of nothing, the dog strolls into the dining room and waits till the innocent dinner guests are all watching him. Then, with a single deep gut wrenching "raaaalff" dislodges the entire weeks’ contents of his stomach on the dining room rug.

Variation: Then he eats it.

In all the above events the dog is entirely healthy and indeed deeply pleased with himself.
  • Coshten - Sanctuary
    Coshten - Sanctuary Posts: 92 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options
    True... We all kno about it but that was just disgusting... :-P TMI...lol
  • Smexxyfox - Heavens Tear
    Smexxyfox - Heavens Tear Posts: 722 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options
    rofl @ Solandri!

nice one bro
  • Yugoslav - Heavens Tear
    Yugoslav - Heavens Tear Posts: 82 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options
    I like the name DogVomit atleast is original and not just another cutedarklightXxXAngel one...

I've a couple of names I usualy use - the 1st one i Arachidus, its a broken latin word for peanuts.. the only one using it in the whole world..
    then i have Yugo, or Yugoslav, it brings attention from ppl who speak my language and its rarely taken..
    and a couple of ones i use them for alters...

have a set of female names 4 games, chars too...they are mostly cool names for not so cool illneses in latin and stuff..
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    - sneering at the world is better than barking at it anyday -
  • Dogvomit - Sanctuary
    Dogvomit - Sanctuary Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options
    Oh, wow! I happened to be eating while reading this, Solandri. Not that the descriptions harmed my ability to get the food down and keep it there. But now my monitor is covered with spaghetti I blew out my nose laughing! Thanks man. Perfect.

And the earlier comment about who's in the chair. That's what it's all about. Cheers, all. See you in game.

The Dog
  • bulldog
    bulldog Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options
    My game name is the result of many failed attempts to create a name in another game I was playing. After finding that each name I came up with was already taken, I got a little sarcastic with the computer and entered "DogVomit", daring it to tell me the name was already taken. Well, it wasn't. :0)

Having lived by that name in this other game for quite a while and making some good friends (yes, shocker that I can have friends with a name like that), I made my move to PW and brought my friends and my name with me. My friends know me and those of you who aren't judgemental just may find that I'm probably one of the nicest blokes you'll ever know.

So to those who will continue to WTF, OMG, and WTH me about the name, I say to you...

Your name didn't use to be pigvomit in this "other" game it? Because I thought you quit this other game cause it was to addictive and you needed to spend more time with your family.
  • savage213
    savage213 Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options
    i like the name man ppl who judge others are stupid dont let them get u down with love and respect

-mike :)
  • Szhira - Sanctuary
    Szhira - Sanctuary Posts: 74 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options
    Ok just don't eat anything gross.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Darknin - Lost City
    Darknin - Lost City Posts: 378 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options
    DogVomit.... Rofl I would only seriously 'lol' If I saw you in game.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • duvall
    duvall Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options
    There are some offensive names around DogVomit isn't one of them.

I've seen names which I found a bit dodgy in other games (SpankMe being one) yet I found when playing with them that the players seemed to be realy nice - oh well.

b:surrender
  • fuzzles
    fuzzles Posts: 628 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options
    If anyone finds your name offensive, apologise and then direct them to /b/. Then watch their heads explode.
    Everyone here is ridiculously oversensitive.