V-Day Finished without warning? Need GM answer plz, dont b scared...

Options
arashiice
arashiice Posts: 0 Arc User
edited February 2009 in General Discussion
i got the key and set off for the chests found none in all the cities and now i hear the event is over? wat do i do with the key? wat was all tht effort for if ur gonna close down the event with most ppl unable to fin anyway and when they fin they get a miserable amount of PWI regards?

Are there any GM;s who want 2 justify wat they have done and how they could possibly try to compensate for wat we have lost?
Post edited by arashiice on

Comments

• aryannamage
    aryannamage Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options
    The event will finish at the start of maintenance which isn't actually starting for another 5 and a half hours.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Blancheneige - Heavens Tear
    Blancheneige - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,494 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options
    The event will finish at the start of maintenance which isn't actually starting for another 5 and a half hours.

I think what the guy is asking for is : will there be more chests that will appears before the maintenance?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Thanks Brit for the sig b:laugh
  • aryannamage
    aryannamage Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options
    Forwarded this to Dvorak.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Kaitioto - Sanctuary
    Kaitioto - Sanctuary Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options
    What, already? Shouldn't an event give people enough time to do the thing? I mean i just got to level 40 to do the event then i go home then poof! Event over....This event truly isn't as fun as the others....
  • dvorak
    dvorak Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options
    yes there will be more chests spawning from now until the start of server maintenance.
    pwe_dvorak.jpg

Follow me on twitter: http://twitter.com/pwe_dvorak
  • arashiice
    edited February 2009
    Options
    how much more? where? and is pwi regards really all we r gettin? im standin infront of ether elder and c nothin.... plz tell me we get somethin worthwhile and pwiregards can b made into exp or something.b:surrender
  • arashiice
    edited February 2009
    Options
    right the promise of more chests covered, gr8 job got 50 pwi regards.... now wat will we do with them?
  • BADWOLF - Heavens Tear
    BADWOLF - Heavens Tear Posts: 25 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options
    you give us an event with barely enough time for many to finish think this is a clever move for PWI i dont and im sure many others will agree i picked 401 roses on the 2nd day knowing i had plenty of time to hand in 99 a day with my GF and the day b4 i hand in my fourth lot u guys r closing it b:angry it doesnt make sence i heard it was going to be a 10 day event is it possibly coz u aint making any money from this one ? i really think u should consider keeping it going for longer it will defenatly put me off any future events and many others i think would like a reply from someone who deals with the events in PWI with a gd answer.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • yugiho906
    yugiho906 Posts: 15 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options
    How long the chest spwan per time?
  • Fallenangelx - Heavens Tear
    Fallenangelx - Heavens Tear Posts: 182 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options
    isn't it a bit unreasonable to have the event end after maintanence, i mean the event wasn't even here for a week and there was basically one day of ermergency maintanence, that is equivalent to a day wasted.
  • Orlyqq - Lost City
    Orlyqq - Lost City Posts: 38 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options
    isn't it a bit unreasonable to have the event end after maintanence, i mean the event wasn't even here for a week and there was basically one day of ermergency maintanence, that is equivalent to a day wasted.

whats so unreasonable about having four days to fight for 5 roses with over 60 people 99 times a day? I mean at level 90 you atleast almost get 30000 exp. So if someone was that bad to not be able to dodge jewelscalen and avoid countless aoes and dig 99 roses a day.... then they arnt as cool as the GMs for this game. b:bye
  • bzbee
    bzbee Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options
    Question: Would we still be able to craft the vday items? I've got some regards I have yet to make into pigments and I won't be home from work in time to get it done before maintenance. b:cry
    Phoenix plume count: 2450 b:sad

I want the phoenix because I think its pretty. b:cute
  • Wysteria - Heavens Tear
    Wysteria - Heavens Tear Posts: 50 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options
    This Event was an epic nightmare! - ok, its been great for us girls and luckily the guys arnt taking it out on us...

The lucky ones were able to start on the first day, but many players (especially from the EU) - 1st day was a wipe out cos they work and you had to shut it during the evening.. The teeny patch you gave the guys was ridiculous, gathering was a nightmare at beginning because of lures - making the 2nd day another wipe out really, cos not many stuck around (I dont blame them) after losing exp and angels or having the life sucked out of their gold charms...

Then comes the reward... the girls got tons of exp, the guys were sure to get something if they got all the keys - but no they get a meesly amount of xp, some roses, part of a pendent and a bunch of random dyes - which are useless unless you either dont care or just dying one item - really bad considering most of game time was taken with gathering rather than questing or grinding.

You had girls & low levels gathering - for what reason I have no idea - The patch should have been made :-

a - Not Just one patch, but several
    b - Bigger
    c - 99 and stops for that day
    d - Girl/Levels below 40 picking - disabled
    e - Somewhere that wasnt a stones throw from a Boss that can wipe most in game with sneezing.

Then you end the event without any real warning, half the peeps havent gotten all the keys and the pendant parts, they are untradable, so cant be sold/exchange or given for joining...

Really unfair and unbalanced event

btw what on earth does a guy want with roses coming outta their butts???
  • BlackInferno - Lost City
    BlackInferno - Lost City Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options
    I also have 198 roses but I guess I just wasted a couple of hours trying to get them. Maybe they'll do what they did with the new years elders. We can still turn in what we have and craft, but we cant get anymore roses or honey. That would mean we would still benefit from our hard work, so I doubt we will be able to turn in our stuff.
  • Poison - Heavens Tear
    Poison - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,444 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options
    The lucky ones were able to start on the first day, but many players (especially from the EU) - 1st day was a wipe out cos they work and you had to shut it during the evening..

The event was not enabled on the 13th so no-one lost anything for the server downtime.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Orlyqq - Lost City
    Orlyqq - Lost City Posts: 38 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options
    The event was not enabled on the 13th so no-one lost anything for the server downtime.

accept the entire day and night that they could have spent collecting roses.... but what would you know about how hard roses are to get since your a FEMALE character in Heavens Tear.
  • bobzilla21
    bobzilla21 Posts: 694 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options
    I just saw some wish chests about 20 min ago.
    I figured I should do something with my sig, so I made this for fun. My very first (poorly made) animation. b:victory
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    As for why Luffy is murdering Naruto, I have no idea either, but it looks cool.b:laugh
  • enigma32
    enigma32 Posts: 128 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options
    I thought I was going to be the one starting a forum topic on this, but I'm glad to see I'm not alone.

I've enjoyed all of the events and never complained about any, but I feel this needs to be said. Every other event ever done has lasted more than a week, and I expected it to at least go two weeks. It seems unreasonable to say the event is over on the final day without notice...I collected 400 roses yesterday thinking the event would go another week just like every other has. If you said the event would be only one week, it would have been fair to announce it ahead of time, and at least warn us of the inconsistancy. The consistancy that you've taught us to fall back on was taken away, and that is unfair to everyone.

I'm requesting that you could at least leave the NPC up giving the quest and quest items.
  • Devoted - Lost City
    Devoted - Lost City Posts: 3,634 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options
    enigma32 wrote: »
    I thought I was going to be the one starting a forum topic on this, but I'm glad to see I'm not alone.

I've enjoyed all of the events and never complained about any, but I feel this needs to be said. Every other event ever done has lasted more than a week, and I expected it to at least go two weeks. It seems unreasonable to say the event is over on the final day without notice...I collected 400 roses yesterday thinking the event would go another week just like every other has. If you said the event would be only one week, it would have been fair to announce it ahead of time, and at least warn us of the inconsistancy. The consistancy that you've taught us to fall back on was taken away, and that is unfair to everyone.

I'm requesting that you could at least leave the NPC up giving the quest and quest items.

This. Missing the first day of rose collecting because of downtime equals me being 1 thing short of the pendant. I expected PWI to atleast delay removing the event so the majority of people would have a chance to actually collect 4 items.
  • Poison - Heavens Tear
    edited February 2009
    Options
    accept the entire day and night that they could have spent collecting roses.... but what would you know about how hard roses are to get since your a FEMALE character in Heavens Tear.

Okay, I'm going to be nice and not flame you for not reading my post and just restate what you missed. The event did not start on the 13th anyway. The event was not scheduled to start until the 14th as stated in the event notes.
    Happy Valentine's Day! The following quests will be available starting on February 14th!

All you missed on the 13th was the "Where's St. Valentines?" "He's not here yet" "Where's St. Valentines?" Reminiscent of the "Where's Santa Claus" chants when they introduced the cards before putting the NPC in game.

Including today the days the event was open was 2/14 2/15 2/16 and 2/17. Exactly 4 days of complete server uptime.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Cursedragon - Sanctuary
    Cursedragon - Sanctuary Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options
    i agree with everything that these guys r saying, i have 3 faithful wishes and nothing to do with them now that the event is over. i was a bit confused on the first day and only got 9 roses, then i found out about the faithful wishes and assumed there would atleast be one more day to make up for it, i mean wat if sum guy actually had a life and went out on a date for valentines day and couldnt get the roses?
  • Zoe - Heavens Tear
    Zoe - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,814 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options
    Ok this is a problem. My friend was getting the roses and one day it bugged and he could not get the quest for the ribbons. Now we will be short 1 day to get the pendant and the event ends before we can get it. Not cool.
    Main characters
    Celestial Sage Venomancer Zoe - 100
    Sage Barbarian Malego - 91
  • FroozeBow - Heavens Tear
    FroozeBow - Heavens Tear Posts: 84 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options
    It seems the GMs love to announce the end of an event like an hour before the maintenance. Do you guys even care that people are leaving the game or ranting on the forums on how you guys do an awful job over all? Report a bot, wait a week. Have people swearing and talking about what they love to do in the shower when they're alone, and have no GM to do anything. Have idiotic messages on announcment (i.e. 'Visit perfectworld.com for information on perfect world'). WELL DUH. WHAT ELSE WOULD THE WEBSITE BE FOR? Jeeze GMs here are terrible...
  • Wysteria - Heavens Tear
    Wysteria - Heavens Tear Posts: 50 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options
    Okay... so no-one missed out on any rose picking on the Friday 13th (I'm a girl - didnt do any rose picking!!!) - just heard a lot of guys talking about it -

It still doesnt defer from the fact that the whole event was an epic failure, completely unbiased and a nightmare for most.

Trying to pick 99 roses from a teeny and extremely laggy patch whilst either being killed or running from Jewells and having below level 40's and girls beating you to something they cant use... 'ooo I got my dozen' my hubby read - The server downtime and patch failure also caused umpteem problems for many people I know trying to log back in, when they did they were faced with mission failure spamming when they tried to squad and trying to catch up with something that was near impossible for most without bionic fingers.

3 1/2 ;4 days - Whatever - still wasnt enough time for alot of people to complete this quest and what the guys received was abismal for their efforts - all anyone is asking for is an extra day - dont see any harm in that.
  • Poison - Heavens Tear
    edited February 2009
    Options
    It still doesnt defer from the fact that the whole event was an epic failure, completely unbiased and a nightmare for most.

Oh, I certainly agree with that part. Just clearing up that people didn't get a headstart. ^^
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Caldaster - Lost City
    Caldaster - Lost City Posts: 184 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options
    This is so sad .... i had collected the roses for the pendent ... but could not do the quest as i could not be online. Now u asy i have to waste the roses. Well its unfair (u have 4 days to do the quest, wht an event .... gratz to u gms b:shutup)

(btw : wht i heard is ppl just get pwi regards from the chests ... so dont think its worth - for the hard work u so all u get is just this. Whoever spend charm and dolls to get the stuff, are just fools now.) b:surrender
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Poor thing ... lucky me b:victory
  • _Icarus_ - Lost City
    _Icarus_ - Lost City Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options
    worst event i have seen in this game really

imagine lvl 62 EP trying to collect roses in PK server

i die after every rose i dig for , was so hard digging for them

and then getting 5k sp oO

and then gets 50 regards from chest oO

so it DOSE NOT worth 1% of the effort that spent for the roses
  • Wanyudo - Lost City
    Wanyudo - Lost City Posts: 70 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options
    Hecklers, the lot of ya..
  • Bilquis - Heavens Tear
    Bilquis - Heavens Tear Posts: 20 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options
    Ridiculous... So, the chests started appearing at about 5-6 pm that is 1-2 am in Europe and after maintance it is over? Great. Half of the players who are from Europe didnt have time to use the key-.- If it's like im thinking congrats for the worst event ever.

Btw, I thought International means international, not US when iI started playing. But as I could see till now it's designed for American players only.
  • Swoosh - Sanctuary
    Swoosh - Sanctuary Posts: 82 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options
    Funny chest gave 100 PWI regard to friends of mine. Not really worth it in my eyes anyway xO xxx
    x_x