Duke Rose Set

AzureRequiem - Heavens Tear
AzureRequiem - Heavens Tear Posts: 105 Arc User
edited April 2009 in General Discussion
it WAS in the cash shop. it was awesome, and now it's gone.
Left about the same time the patch got done.
Any plans to bring it back? Or was it a limited time offer deal?
The prices to but this on the open market are absurd due to it no longer being in the cash shop, and it's quickly become one of the most expensive items I've seen.
If anyone can shed some light and what happened and what will happen to this clothing set, that would be appreciated.
Post edited by AzureRequiem - Heavens Tear on

Comments

• Zoe - Heavens Tear
    Zoe - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,814 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    It was the cause of the bug that had them take the servers down for that day, so they removed it.
    Main characters
    Celestial Sage Venomancer Zoe - 100
    Sage Barbarian Malego - 91
  • VenusFox - Sanctuary
    VenusFox - Sanctuary Posts: 49 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Wait.. wat.. a clothing was the cause of the bug and server shut down? either i didnt read something right or that's just wacked!
  • Darksylph - Heavens Tear
    Darksylph - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,816 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Yes, something to do with a quest at the mailbox dealing with the Duke Rose Set that rewarded some sort of pigment which was in turn sellable to NPCs for huge sums of cash. That what the exploit was that made people rich within hours because people could make alot more then the item cost. However, people still have the Duke Rose set, but they cant do the exploit anymore with it (thankfully). So i dont understand why it cant be sold at the cash shop.
  • Ren - Lost City
    Ren - Lost City Posts: 355 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    The gms owe us putting duke rose back in. Deleting that dumb dye quest should be simple enough.

I'm getting pretty irritated at all the people selling their duke roses at 3 mil...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Zoe is so full of it, that he must be Karmelia.
  • starman17
    starman17 Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    i would probably hold off on buying that duke rose set from another player until the price stabilizes. who knows how many of those may be floating around..
  • Vinat - Sanctuary
    Vinat - Sanctuary Posts: 1,200 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    it'll be put back into the cash shop as soon as they iron out all the issues with the coding. whether it takes a week or a year.. it doesnt really matter. just wait for it, it will come. dont buy it for 3 mil from someone else.
  • bzbee
    bzbee Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    I agree the prices are absurb but remember, it is the buyers who set the price, not the sellers.

I bought mine on the first day for 250k each for gloves and boots but was offered a ridiculously high price for them after they were taken off.

I was approached repeatedly and finally sold them for 2 mil for boots and 1.5mil for gloves and the price was offered by the buyer.

As far as I was concerned, I can wait till they are out again to get them but if people have the coins to burn and wish to pay me that outrageous amount, good for me. b:chuckle
    Phoenix plume count: 2450 b:sad

I want the phoenix because I think its pretty. b:cute
  • Poison - Heavens Tear
    Poison - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,444 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    For the record I sold the pieces not in the color I wanted for 100k/gold like I did with the dresses release.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • bzbee
    edited February 2009
    For the record I sold the pieces not in the color I wanted for 100k/gold like I did with the dresses release.

Yep. That's how I bought mine to start with. I bought through catshops except they were priced abit higher then 100k/gold presumably since they were new items.

• Tigriss - Heavens Tear
    Tigriss - Heavens Tear Posts: 760 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    GMs please say they are gonna be put back in someday.
    "Jesus fricking christ on a pogo stick. Your a mass of fricking idiots I swear!"
    -Saitada
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Thankies Crystalynnex
  • Prewancker - Lost City
    Prewancker - Lost City Posts: 59 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Honestly I don't think they look that great. The skirt is absolutely hideous, like a freakin apron.
  • bzbee
    edited February 2009
    Honestly I don't think they look that great. The skirt is absolutely hideous, like a freakin apron.

I agree. That's why I only got the gloves and the boots. The top isn't too bad but its hard to match it with anything. b:irritated

• Rivyr - Heavens Tear
    Rivyr - Heavens Tear Posts: 19 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    I hope they bring this set back, I look forward to being able to buy it for $10/1mil not 3mil.... But for the love of god 42 dyes to dye the whole set wtf thats a bit much. Considering what the price of dyes are on servers now after what happened 300-500k each..... Bring it back with lesser dying requirements please.
  • bzbee
    edited February 2009
    I hope they bring this set back, I look forward to being able to buy it for $10/1mil not 3mil.... But for the love of god 42 dyes to dye the whole set wtf thats a bit much. Considering what the price of dyes are on servers now after what happened 300-500k each..... Bring it back with lesser dying requirements please.

I agree the dyes required are horrendous. Luckily though there are lots of people willing to trade to get a matching set.

What I hate is wasting my dyes on the vixen wrap. 9 actual dye colours and it doesn't even turn out right. My cream turned out a muddy colour! That's 900k down the drain. b:angry

• AzureRequiem - Heavens Tear
    AzureRequiem - Heavens Tear Posts: 105 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Yeah, it was confirmed as the cause of the bug in the patches section of the site. I think if, for no other reason, they should put it back to stabilize its price.
  • Tigriss - Heavens Tear
    edited February 2009
    Comeone GMs bring it back I didn't get to see it till after it was gone. I like that set. Put it back in as only puke green unless dyed if you want. Ill pay for it and how ever many dyes it takes to make it black.
    "Jesus fricking christ on a pogo stick. Your a mass of fricking idiots I swear!"
    -Saitada
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Thankies Crystalynnex
  • Foxx_trott - Heavens Tear
    Foxx_trott - Heavens Tear Posts: 802 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    I bought the Duke Rose Top and Bottom as soon as it came out. Me not being abuser/cheater savy didn't know anything about being able to take advantage of a bug in it. I still have them, and not using them. My conscience won't allow me to sell them for such a high price, what would a more reasonable price be for these items to sell?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    You will never do anything in this world without courage.
    It is the greatest quality of the mind next to honor.
    ~Aristotle
  • Tigriss - Heavens Tear
    edited February 2009
    I dont know how much they cost from the cash shop. But if you dont want to make a nice profit sell them for the in game value you spent on them.
    -Saitada
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Thankies Crystalynnex
  • Foxx_trott - Heavens Tear
    Foxx_trott - Heavens Tear Posts: 802 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    I don't even remember how much I spent on the 2 items. Selling for 3 mill just seems wrong. I'd sell them if offered a reasonable offer. Not looking to **** anyone.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    You will never do anything in this world without courage.
    It is the greatest quality of the mind next to honor.
    ~Aristotle
  • Kiralia - Sanctuary
    Kiralia - Sanctuary Posts: 76 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Think it was 3 gold each for top and bottom and 2 gold each for gloves and boots.
  • Sayf - Heavens Tear
    Sayf - Heavens Tear Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    I was flying over Etherblade Lake and got DC'd, thought it was the clothing sets fault. Didn't know it bugged something else. I had like 3 sets of this....should of saved them. Oh, well.
  • Chadeaux - Heavens Tear
    Chadeaux - Heavens Tear Posts: 38 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    I got my set the second I saw it was available. I had been wishing they would put it in. I will never sell it. The colours I got right from cash shop were Perfect!! b:heart For those that want them please put it back in.

http://www.boomspeed.com/chadeauxeq/chad_and_killer.jpg
    "Knowledge speaks... Wisdom listens..."
    Noir ^;;^ moi[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Tigriss - Heavens Tear
    edited April 2009
    Hmmm GMs have you figured out it its comming back yet??
    -Saitada
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Thankies Crystalynnex