VALENTINES WISH CHEST REVEALED!..bad joke

Saint_drake - Heavens Tear
Saint_drake - Heavens Tear Posts: 105 Arc User
edited February 2009 in General Discussion
Well after all the time, the effort the Jewelscalen fun..we've finally got to the wish chest. Great expectations and..well with little comment (the whole comment would need censoring) what we got:
100 PWI ragards..period
another user got 50 (level depentent? he was lower)

share with us my fellow uglies, what did you get? maybe it'll soften the pain of being joked at badly

on a side note: did anyone check if those valentine pigments are even tradable?
Post edited by Saint_drake - Heavens Tear on

Comments

• Forp - Heavens Tear
    Forp - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,445 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Someone told me they got 5m coin.
  • LoneWanderer - Heavens Tear
    LoneWanderer - Heavens Tear Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    100 pwi regards here. I will say the ladies got the better end of the deal and the men got the shaft. The least they could have done was add some xp to go with those!
  • Bobncut - Sanctuary
    Bobncut - Sanctuary Posts: 419 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    I'd say PWI implemented Valentine's Day quite accurately.
  • Kiyoshi - Heavens Tear
    Kiyoshi - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,385 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Someone told me they got 5m coin.

A fruit that gives 8888 exp and 2222 spirit can sell for 120k on heaven tears. From that, i would suggest that each exp point is worth 10 coins. And from this event, i easily lose out anywhere between 1-2 million worth of exp over the 4 days. even at 1 mil exp, i'll need 10 mil coins to break even. i am just greatful that i am not doing this for the stupid chest...
    1. If I kill you; do something about it yourself, don't go complaining to my wife.
    2. If you have less kill counts then me, don't expect me to take pk advice from you.
    3. If you are hiding behind an alt, don't expect me to acknowledge your existence.

Tokichiro - Heavy Armor Fish / Kiyoshi - Dual Blade Elf
  • Untamedchaos - Sanctuary
    Untamedchaos - Sanctuary Posts: 383 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    I'd say PWI implemented Valentine's Day quite accurately.

Yeah, the guys get shafted in the real world and in game rofl.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] With a .25x multiplier = 423520 regular

Booyah.
  • Ulfric - Heavens Tear
    Ulfric - Heavens Tear Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    I got 50 PWI Regards at lvl 86. Definitely not level dependent. b:angry
  • Drahcirt - Heavens Tear
    Drahcirt - Heavens Tear Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    50 PWIs here. What a tremendous letdown this event turned out to be.
  • Skcusefil - Heavens Tear
    Skcusefil - Heavens Tear Posts: 35 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    100 pwi regards here. I will say the ladies got the better end of the deal and the men got the shaft. The least they could have done was add some xp to go with those!

yup i agree....got 50 regards also
  • terryking
    terryking Posts: 18 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    50 PWI's regards here too. 5m coins is definitely a stupid joke. The worst event ever for males. 3 hours of clicking mouse nonstop in 4 days = 50 PWI's regard **** that can't even sell since everyone gets the same thing. I wonder what the designers were thinking when designing this event. b:angryb:angryb:angry
  • Asterelle - Sanctuary_1381265973
    Asterelle - Sanctuary_1381265973 Posts: 7,881 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    A fruit that gives 8888 exp and 2222 spirit can sell for 120k on heaven tears. From that, i would suggest that each exp point is worth 10 coins. And from this event, i easily lose out anywhere between 1-2 million worth of exp over the 4 days. even at 1 mil exp, i'll need 10 mil coins to break even. i am just greatful that i am not doing this for the stupid chest...

XP is only worth 10 coins a point at lvl 10 (the lvl requirement of the fruit). This event has a lvl requirement of 40 though so the marginal value of the lost xp is less.

Chests have a loot table just like anything else so it may be possible for there to be something extremely valuable in the chest for some people.

-Ast
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Refining Simulator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/refiningsimulator.html (don't use IE)
    Genie Calculator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/geniecalculator.html - (don't use IE)
    Socket Calculator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/socketcalculator.html
  • Kiyoshi - Heavens Tear
    edited February 2009
    XP is only worth 10 coins a point at lvl 10 (the lvl requirement of the fruit). This event has a lvl requirement of 40 though so the marginal value of the lost xp is less.

Chests have a loot table just like anything else so it may be possible for there to be something extremely valuable in the chest for some people.

-Ast

So your telling me that a level 10 will have 120k to buy the fruit. I don't even think you can get the fruit until lvl 40 (or 39). And i would bet that the fruit purchasers was toward the upper half (lvl wise) of the population.
    1. If I kill you; do something about it yourself, don't go complaining to my wife.
    2. If you have less kill counts then me, don't expect me to take pk advice from you.
    3. If you are hiding behind an alt, don't expect me to acknowledge your existence.

• Forp - Heavens Tear
    edited February 2009
    Kiyoshi, please tell me your signature is a joke and that you don't use dual blades.
  • Kiyoshi - Heavens Tear
    edited February 2009
    Kiyoshi, please tell me your signature is a joke and that you don't use dual blades.

i do use blades, but i'll prob shoot you in the back before i pull them out.

• Hildeborg - Heavens Tear
    Hildeborg - Heavens Tear Posts: 96 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Fan of Archer from Fate / Stay Night ? :)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Suiel - Sanctuary
    Suiel - Sanctuary Posts: 33 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    the pw regards aren't tradeable but the valentine pigments are.

and IMO you guys did get the raw end of the deal on this. :( but apparently its working for some as there seems to be a lot of marriages lately b:chuckle
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited February 2009
    LMAO sure glad I went grinding instead of clicking on rose bushes!
  • Kiyoshi - Heavens Tear
    edited February 2009
    the pw regards aren't tradeable but the valentine pigments are.

and IMO you guys did get the raw end of the deal on this. :( but apparently its working for some as there seems to be a lot of marriages lately b:chuckle

btw... the regards ARE tradeable.

• Forp - Heavens Tear
    edited February 2009
    i do use blades, but i'll prob shoot you in the back before i pull them out.

A blade using archer.. You're about as useful as a bowbarian.
  • Ty - Heavens Tear
    Ty - Heavens Tear Posts: 604 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Pretty disappointed in this event. I wonder how many male characters would have spent 3+hrs picking roses had they known the rewards.

I'm just glad my valentine picked over half the roses for me, I mean us, I mean her. <3 u Edya =)
    I like pie
  • Stoned_Guy - Sanctuary
    Stoned_Guy - Sanctuary Posts: 62 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    i got 50 pwi regards too b:cry. maybe there's 1 main price on each server...
    -Please insert coin-
  • terryking
    edited February 2009
    I doubt if there is any main reward.
  • DoktorDeath - Sanctuary
    DoktorDeath - Sanctuary Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Simply hugely disappointing. As I posted on a different thread, the hope of this chest was the ONLY reason I continued with the quest after seeing the pitiful xp I received compared to the females.

In future, there should at least be a list of the possible "rewards" (I use that term loosely) contained in a chest allowing us to weigh up whether the potential benefits are greater than taking time out from questing/grinding.

How difficult can it possibly be to properly think through an event like this? I mean come on, all anybody so far has admitted getting from the chest is 50 or 100 PWI regards - basically **** stuff. Why on earth flood the maket with random pigments? Can it be so hard as to come up with a varied list of rewards ranging from decent to brilliant? Give us some kind of incentive to want to go back and pick more roses.

Do you seriously believe ANY male is going to go through all that for another key to the chest? I think not!
  • Forp - Heavens Tear
    edited February 2009
    Simply hugely disappointing. As I posted on a different thread, the hope of this chest was the ONLY reason I continued with the quest after seeing the pitiful xp I received compared to the females.

In future, there should at least be a list of the possible "rewards" (I use that term loosely) contained in a chest allowing us to weigh up whether the potential benefits are greater than taking time out from questing/grinding.

How difficult can it possibly be to properly think through an event like this? I mean come on, all anybody so far has admitted getting from the chest is 50 or 100 PWI regards - basically **** stuff. Why on earth flood the maket with random pigments? Can it be so hard as to come up with a varied list of rewards ranging from decent to brilliant? Give us some kind of incentive to want to go back and pick more roses.

Do you seriously believe ANY male is going to go through all that for another key to the chest? I think not!

I plan to do the event every single day.
  • Tigriss - Heavens Tear
    Tigriss - Heavens Tear Posts: 760 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    I forget what lvl you gotta be for this?? I want some pigments.
    "Jesus fricking christ on a pogo stick. Your a mass of fricking idiots I swear!"
    -Saitada
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Thankies Crystalynnex
  • Miss_Seducer - Heavens Tear
    Miss_Seducer - Heavens Tear Posts: 49 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    just think sell those PWI things if they are tradable for 30k each like normal random pigmenst and hey you got 50 of them then you make 1.5m i wouldnt be complaining
    get 100 of them thats 3m ^^
  • Sarevokk - Lost City
    Sarevokk - Lost City Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    we get 50 Regards, which turn into roughly 12 pigments. If "lucky" and get 100 then thats just 25 pigments.

So its barely 750k if lucky and 360k if only 50 regards. Consider now the ammount of random pigments that will flood the market, lower the prices in the attempt to sell before everyone else. Either way I would have rather have a decent chunk of exp or a better item than the hassle of selling for barely 750k if lucky
  • DoktorDeath - Sanctuary
    DoktorDeath - Sanctuary Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    we get 50 Regards, which turn into roughly 12 pigments. If "lucky" and get 100 then thats just 25 pigments.

So its barely 750k if lucky and 360k if only 50 regards. Consider now the ammount of random pigments that will flood the market, lower the prices in the attempt to sell before everyone else. Either way I would have rather have a decent chunk of exp or a better item than the hassle of selling for barely 750k if lucky

Exactly. And to the females commenting who think we have got a great deal here, believe me we haven't. If you went through the hassle we did you would be complaining every bit as loudly.

If at least a number of different items were to be found in chests then the market wouldn't be flooded to the extent it is now.
  • MystiBabe - Sanctuary
    MystiBabe - Sanctuary Posts: 13 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Feel sorry for the guys in this event. I got 1.1mil exp over 4 days and guy got 80k and 100pwi regards from the chest. Not a great event...

I think they should rethink their events a bit better make it fair to all.....
  • Sarevokk - Lost City
    Sarevokk - Lost City Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Yeah, the exp gain is just insanely disproportionate. I wouldn't have minded if it had been a slightly bit more exp to the women but a difference of over a mill exp in 4 days is just insulting.
  • terryking
    edited February 2009
    just think sell those PWI things if they are tradable for 30k each like normal random pigmenst and hey you got 50 of them then you make 1.5m i wouldnt be complaining
    get 100 of them thats 3m ^^

you think you can sell them for 30k each? So naive. Who is gonna buy them since everyone has a lot of them.