Valentine quest... Male parts..

Options
Bladecutter - Sanctuary
Bladecutter - Sanctuary Posts: 269 Arc User
edited February 2009 in General Discussion
Ive seen the valentine quest is way harder for males than females, we get less xp, we get more work, we only get a single more item, the faithful wish..

recently i got my 4 faithfull wish thinking it would get my effort rewarded, and guess what, i oppened that chest

i got....... (drums).... 50 pwi regards... nothing compared to what i did
is there any real reward worthing the effort we passed collecting that roses???

7k xp and lots of pigments... YAY

so, is there any better thing you can get from this quest, that makes it actually FAIRb:cryb:cryb:surrender

EDIT: Chest are easy to find, just go ether, theres a lot of them there, and no everybody seems to get same as me

EDIT2: oh.. you can get 100 pwi regards too... still not much
Post edited by Bladecutter - Sanctuary on

Comments

• Jandira - Sanctuary
    Jandira - Sanctuary Posts: 82 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options
    I'm a girl and I'm on your side.

I don't remember the actual numbers, but in the two days of doing the quest I've gotten around 40% exp each time. Add in the approx 20% from Crazy Stones and I can jump over half a level with those two quests alone.

If the pigments went random, then selling them could at least make you money. But as it is, I won't buy random pigments, so they are kinda useless. I did keep dying a pair of boots and amazingly got the color I wanted, but I went through 3 pigments before getting it.

I've told my husband that the chest is completely his. I won't take any of it because of the exp that I'm raking in. But now that I know what's in there... he's gonna be upset.

And lets not even bring in the kiting of Jewelscan and all the deaths from that.

So, from this girl's side of what should have been a fun quest... the guy side sux and is totally not fair. b:sad
  • Fallenangelx - Heavens Tear
    Fallenangelx - Heavens Tear Posts: 182 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options
    i think the wish chest is probably random, so maybe you're one of the unlucky ones that had the pwi regards? but then again, not sure if anyone else opened or even found that chest yet.
  • Saint_drake - Heavens Tear
    Saint_drake - Heavens Tear Posts: 105 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options
    the few hundred unlucky, i got 100 pwi regards, tyvm
  • LogiK - Lost City
    LogiK - Lost City Posts: 14 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options
    I opened mine and (drum rollllllllllllllllllllllllll) 100 PWI. That was alot of work to get pigments cause thats basically all you can get with the PWI. Only good out of this was the belt with 4% xp gains but i have to lose stats to gain xp.........
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    b:victoryWe are the center. Noone can change this!b:victory
    edited February 2009
    Options
    b:chuckle if you dont want the pwi regard you can give it to me, i use lots of random dyes b:surrender

but then you know how crappy the event rates are from previous events. i.e. the chances of getting a midnight, lion mount and etc is like less that 10% so mayb the chest offers some magicial item with a 10% chance of getting it = nearly impossible.
  • Bladecutter - Sanctuary
    Bladecutter - Sanctuary Posts: 269 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options
    no, im not giving you my regards lol....

and, the females get the belt too, so its unfair for me still
  • Bobncut - Sanctuary
    Bobncut - Sanctuary Posts: 419 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options
    Insult to injurey: You can't even sell the pigments in the auction house.
  • Obesity - Heavens Tear
    Obesity - Heavens Tear Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options
    100 pwi regards here as well... anyone else get anything different?
  • Drahcirt - Heavens Tear
    Drahcirt - Heavens Tear Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options
    50 PWI's here. Epic fail of an event (for the guys at least.)
  • Forp - Heavens Tear
    Forp - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,445 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options
    The even is for the females, you shouldn't care what you got as long as she's happy.
  • terryking
    terryking Posts: 18 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options
    The heck with this event. Even though you got 100 regards, and you can make 25 pigments, but I wonder who's gonna buy them. It's a total lost for males. Us males have to work like crazy for those roses (I usually spend 3 hours to dig 99 roses), and all we get is just some crappy exp. **** who designed this event.
  • Krel - Heavens Tear
    Krel - Heavens Tear Posts: 178 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options
    look i dont care what i get in this quest..if the female is satisfied then im satisfied..case closed!Valentines and marriage is mostly in the womans favor (imo)..come on men and be men damn it and do it for love!!!!!

Note:Do it with some one u know or trust and not some pick me up that needs the quest done.
    I luv my luvsalotb:dirty

Fear Me:I will and can unleash my true demon forum troll from at anytime..so beware.

Im A wizzie with godly looks and your all jealousb:bye
  • starman17
    starman17 Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options
    i've seen males charging the females for completing the quest, so if it's not truly for love, you can do this to balance it out.
  • terryking
    edited February 2009
    Options
    look i dont care what i get in this quest..if the female is satisfied then im satisfied..case closed!Valentines and marriage is mostly in the womans favor (imo)..come on men and be men damn it and do it for love!!!!!

Note:Do it with some one u know or trust and not some pick me up that needs the quest done.

you sound like a ****ing loser who is chasing girl's skirts. This is a game. we need fairness. How can you tell a female toon in game is actually a lady in real life?
    edited February 2009
    Options
    well, random pigments sell for around 25k each so u can always sell them to compensate for the time you spent digging those roses although i do agree its not much of a compensation.
  • Diphylla - Heavens Tear
    Diphylla - Heavens Tear Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options
    Yeah, I agree - this quest wasn't fair for the men. My husband, like many others, spent several hours picking roses over the 4 days, even dying a time or two. It's not too nice seeing his time & effort rewarded with ****.
  • Quileute - Lost City
    Quileute - Lost City Posts: 26 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options
    Agreed. My boyfriend shouldn't have to go through his Gold HP Charm being ticked, losing EXP because of people bringing Jewel, and crappy 10EXP just to 'make me happy' because I get good EXP and dyes to mess around with.
  • Skid_Mark - Lost City
    Skid_Mark - Lost City Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options
    The even is for the females, you shouldn't care what you got as long as she's happy.

So you can get some cyber lovin'?

Seriously, all you romantics defending this event because it's "for the ladies" please STFU. This was unfair on male characters from the get-go, we were uninformed about the 'rewards' that our slaving was going to reap. Most of us hoping some brilliant prize in the wish chest was going to somehow make up for the gross imbalance in XP.

Devs/GMs please make up for this sham of an event. Of course its pretty unlikely as some people have already used their keys.
  • Forp - Heavens Tear
    Forp - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,445 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options
    Cyber love? I did it for my wife.
  • terryking
    edited February 2009
    Options

So you can do it for your wife and STFU. How about us who don't have gf or wives playing PWI together? Everyone wanna play a fair game. I agree with Skid_Mark, we need some make up for 12 hours of digging 396 roses(not mention that my mouse is almost broken).
  • Skid_Mark - Lost City
    Skid_Mark - Lost City Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options

Good for you.

Just what percentage of the playing population do you think plays with their RL partner?
  • terryking
    edited February 2009
    Options
    Gms, stop ignoring us and say something about the event.
  • Sarevokk - Lost City
    Sarevokk - Lost City Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options
    This is the most unfair piece of **** event PWI could have conceived. To put it into perspective, the friend I did my quests with got around 1.2m exp in total for those 4 days by only gathering 24 honeys in a couple of minutes.

In contrast, I had to slave over for 396 roses, which averaged around 1.5 hours per day for a total of 6 hours, only to get a total of 80k exp, that's without taking into consideration the aoe-fest ticking my hiero from time to time, jewels coming in to chase me out of the roses, and the over all pain an hour and a half of clicking can cause.

I saw the event was unfair from the get go but the wish key seemed to be special, it seemed it would hold the thing that would make this event balanced, and would make it worth the trouble... 50 F-ing regards...b:angry whoever thought of this event failed, and should give our Regards to their mothers as we open that crappy chest.
  • Yanjing - Heavens Tear
    Yanjing - Heavens Tear Posts: 160 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options
    First off, I'm really distressed by everyone's entitled attitudes. This is a GAME, and the GMs put time and effort into this event like they do all events. I think the reasoning behind it is for guys to woo girls with roses and XP. Kinda cute if you think about it that way. I don't think it's fair for people to start jumping down the GMs' throats about this. This is a free game due to the work that they put into it, the least people could do is express their gratitude every now and then rather than just complaining about everything. Remember, as players of a game we don't pay a cent for we aren't entitled to demand ANYTHING. The least people could do is say thank you for a job well done.

Also, the unbalanced XP and lackluster chest rewards may suck for guys now, but instead of saying that it wasn't worth it or you shouldn't have done it, think about this: what goes around comes around. The girl you helped gain XP during this event may come through for you at a later time, and if not, having a helpful attitude will definitely get you places later in the game. If you have a positive attitude while you play MMOs, you're going to reap the rewards. Nice people make friends and friends are the ones who help you out when you need it. We don't know what will come in the future of PWI, but I guarantee that those who helped others during this event will see rewards.
    yay
  • Miugre - Heavens Tear
    Miugre - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,390 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options
    Hmm... random question... can you trade away the Valentine pigments or can they not be traded? Cause if so I'll buy them off people... only for less than regular random pigments though. ;)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Yes, I'm still a stubborn holdout in favor of the old game. Haters gonna hate. ;]

Other Active Characters:
    LigerKing (Barb), Girasole (BM), Shamsheer (Sin), ArborSoul (Mystic).
  • Pawsnclaws - Heavens Tear
    Pawsnclaws - Heavens Tear Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options
    Based on this event - I WILL NOT BE TAKING PART IN ANY FUTURE PWI EVENTS... I am not getting shafted again.

We all lost a day from that emergency shut down, and alot of people stopped the event from getting killed from people luring bosses to Rose Patch.

Please PWI do us all a favor.... NO MORE EVENTS !!!
  • Ty - Heavens Tear
    Ty - Heavens Tear Posts: 604 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options
    Based on this event - I WILL NOT BE TAKING PART IN ANY FUTURE PWI EVENTS... I am not getting shafted again.

We all lost a day from that emergency shut down, and alot of people stopped the event from getting killed from people luring bosses to Rose Patch.

Please PWI do us all a favor.... NO MORE EVENTS !!!

While I agree the Valentine event was a poorly thought out. I've found most other events so far to be fun/worthwhile participating in.

The problem with the Valentines event was the lack of information about the final rewards. The pendant is pretty meh aside from the +4% exp bonus, it makes me wonder why +1 was added to everything, plus was also available to both genders. And the wish chest seems pretty worthless but was supposed to be the saving grace of the whole exercise. I can pretty much guarantee that most male characters without an in game wife/best friend/whatever wouldn't have bothered collecting 396 roses had they known what was coming.
    I like pie
  • thanduril
    thanduril Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options
    you could have done so much more for your wife clicking somewhere else instead of the left mouse button.

this event sucked so badly.
  • fuzzles
    fuzzles Posts: 628 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options
    Well, I picked 100 roses all up.

Turned in the 99 roses, and the 1 rose thing. The 99 rose bouquet gave me no XP whatsoever, the 1 rose gave me 6.6k.

Item-wise, I got 10 PW-I regards, 10 Love Like Honey, 1 Faithful Wish and 1 pendant frag.

She got some PWI regards, 2 pendant frags and some other stuff.

Basically, she walked away with better items and a lot more XP, for a lot less effort.

I'd better get.. like.. a month of brinner for that.

Those of you who don't know about brinner... watch Scrubs more.
    Everyone here is ridiculously oversensitive.
  • Celestyna - Heavens Tear
    Celestyna - Heavens Tear Posts: 629 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options
    I was actually on both sides of this event, my bf rl plays a veno for his main so i have a barb who is married to her.. so i was out there with the guys slavin over the roses for my bf, i had to survive many jewels attacks and i found muscles in my fingers i didnt know i had. I watched the drama unfold as people got fed up with fighting to get a patch, and the females who thought they could pick too, the people on mounts and flyers and so much more.
    Then i logged in my main and picked up my 6 little honey's in a matter of a minute of clicking
    while i was not all that upset about my lack of xp on my barb (i was happy to give my bf xp) it was way to many roses, it should have been maybe 1 / 12 / 36 (after all who doesnt give them in dozens?) and the patch should have been larger, spreading out the clickable ones so not everyone heaped on them all
    b:cute
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]