Unknown Mission Error

Options
Penoy - Sanctuary
Penoy - Sanctuary Posts: 3 Arc User
edited February 2009 in Support Desk
I dont know what is going on but after the patch i keep getting this.. random and when it occurs its very annoying and u cant get rid of it!b:angry

Anyone know how to solve this.. like permanently (this is for the GM)
not cosmetic fix... can someone look in to this please.
Post edited by Penoy - Sanctuary on

Comments

• Ilovelax - Lost City
    Ilovelax - Lost City Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options
    I had the same problem. I think the Valentine's Day Quest rewards cause it because as soon as I put them in the bank, it stopped giving me the error. b:pleased
  • whooptdo
    whooptdo Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options
    b:angry ok im getting the exact same thing.... like every ten seconds the box appears there is no way i can go fight2009-02-1414-47-02.jpg ..... i cant even type in chat .....
  • Zerosen - Lost City
    Zerosen - Lost City Posts: 58 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options
    I get it aswell, when I get invited to party, problem disappears when I'm party leader, but let's face it, I can't play like that and it's impossible to always be party leader. I'm trying to use Verify like GM said, but idk if it will work, if not then I'd like to hear of any other possible way of fixing this, ty in advance.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

No matter where I am I'll always be a part of Conqueror, thank you all for the memories and for this awesome adventureb:thanks
  • Jeanette_ - Heavens Tear
    Jeanette_ - Heavens Tear Posts: 21 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options
    anyone else ever get this when sqauding a friend. cant party with him anymore because well that popup keeps me from doing anything iv run verfiy on start up. still it keeps coming

http://i171.photobucket.com/albums/u298/muddbogginredneck/2009-02-1412-11-35.jpg
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Molly - Lost City
    Molly - Lost City Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options
    b:angry same thing happen just now... Please and tank you, fix it please.
  • Archerkris - Heavens Tear
    Archerkris - Heavens Tear Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options
    i dont get the error but everytime in invite one of my friends to a party they get it and its getting very annoying because they have to relog and i dont understand why its happening. so if a moderator or gm or whoever takes care of these problems could at least address it or respond to us it would be nice.thank you for your time.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • dmatsum
    dmatsum Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options
    I've been getting the unknown mission error as well. For me, I've noticed (so far) that it occured immediately and everytime I entered into a squad, and only remained while I was in the squad (was squadding for the valentine's quest). I was only able to move, and had to restart the game until I realized that I had a fration of a second in the short time in between pressing 'confirm' and the error popping up again to take the steps to leave the squad. After I left the squad, the errors stopped.
    edited February 2009
    Options
    it happens to everyone i invite friends and i dont know why but everyone who ive invited to a squad got that error and had to relog. haven't yet figured it out it would be nice to know why lol
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited February 2009
    Options
    ive sent in 2 tickets and my friends that got the error have sent in tickets to i was just woundering if u might address this subject or can we least hear from a moderator on the subject i have redownloaded this game i deleted all my quests i have verified my files 5 times and yet nothing happens which it is a big deal to alot of people since i dont solo in this game and soon i will have to do fb69 which takes a party and just happens i have to be the leader of the party. im sure your really busy but any helpful information u could give us we would be very thankful for because i have tried everything i know how to do to fix the problem. i still dont understand why its just when i invite ppl and it didnt start until i dod fb51 yesterday we broke the party and reformed then everyone i invited statred getting the error. so if you could respond to this i would be very greatful i really enjoy this game.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • aryannamage
    aryannamage Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options
    Honestly I haven't got a clue what causes it considering that verify is not fixing it which is why I have not said anything and I wouldn't be surprised if it is the same for the other Moderators.

As you all said it was happening after the latest patch so it must be something in there which caused it. Probably a job for the Devs... :(
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited February 2009
    Options
    thank you very much for responding i really am greatful for a response from a moderator and i have sent in tickets so ill wait i like this game alot and its only when i invite people lol so it only hinders fbs
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Lotus - Lost City
    Lotus - Lost City Posts: 55 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options
    i get it when im not even in a party and i dont have the v day quest item
  • Taurzo - Lost City
    Taurzo - Lost City Posts: 170 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options
    Dunno what's going on but a random alert box keeps popping up stating "Unknown Mission Error" and it locks me out of doing anything. If I hit the confirm button it only disappears for a second before popping up again. When the alert comes up and I click on any of my spells or any other buttons the cursor goes right through them and it makes my character run in that direction. I've noticed it happens a lot more frequently when I join a squad. I have a screen shot of it and I've sent a ticket regarding the issue. Please let me know if you know anything about this. Thanks a ton.

Taurzo

http://i187.photobucket.com/albums/x136/Camaster13/UnknownMissionErrortouchup.jpg
  • Taurzo - Lost City
    Taurzo - Lost City Posts: 170 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options
    I added the screenshot so that people can see.
  • Shara - Lost City
    Shara - Lost City Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options
    I got the same problem 1-2 times too, when i was in party with some1 else... The error message disappeared when i left party, as i can remember.
  • Caldaster - Lost City
    Caldaster - Lost City Posts: 184 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options
    Even i got the same error ... a gildie of min had invited me to form a party ... a 3rd guy joined and even he had the same error so i left the party and i invited them both and we faced no errors.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Poor thing ... lucky me b:victory
    edited February 2009
    Options
    ok well heres some new info i found another person who errors people when they party them and we joined a party together and and had another friend in it. when we had all 3 of us we passed leader to me and my friend who errors people and it didnt error anyone we were fine i think its just when u try to invite one person. so when in a party of 3 or more it has no effect.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Pressa - Heavens Tear
    Pressa - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,287 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options
    b:bye Okay PWE we have an issue here that is becomeing bigger and bigger as more people get married. IF you party with someone that is married to someone else you get a pop-up saying "Unknown mission error". And is constantly pops up too so long as you are in the squad.

The problem is solved when more then just you and the married person are in the sqaud. Or when you leave the squad. I don't think that it affects parties that are married at all only when the party leader is married and you are not. Which is not good for the Valentines event. Please fix thisb:thanks
    Edit to my orginal post the married person has to be in the lead and the unmarried person has to be in second and no other people are in the party. I will attempt to get a screenshot of this.

I put this in the technical bugs section but here is what is causeing the bug as far as gameplay goes.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited February 2009
    Options
    so theres nothing we can do unless we get divorced to undo this or wait until they fix it im am guessing lol
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • darthpanda16
    darthpanda16 Posts: 9,471 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options
    This bug is reported fixed in version 80. Please patch up to version 80.

Thanks!

b:laugh
    Do you need help learning about patching the game, installing it, changing antivirus/firewall settings, changing network settings, learn how to use a computer, keeping your PC maintained and more?
    Visit our BRAND NEW Knowledge Base & Support Website! - Tech Support Flowchart - Panda Caught on Camera
This discussion has been closed.