Male Venos (your opinion?)

Options
2»

Comments

• OMGLAZERZ - Heavens Tear
    OMGLAZERZ - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,327 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options
    this whole decussion was never about girls and no its not right for girls to do it either. but people are allowed to play the game the way that they want b/c its after all just a game i'm just giving my opinion

Doesn't matter if the discussion wasn't about girls in particular, but it was relevant at this point, and this is why: in your opinion it's fine for a guy to play a female toon as long as they don't try to take advantage of other people's natural instincts.

If you don't want to discuss something, either don't give your opinion, or don't respond when someone either disagrees with you or wants clarification of your stance.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • tazblackferret
    tazblackferret Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options
    i did clarify i said that i didn't realy think they should b/c most don't say they are guys and u never know if the girl ur talking to is really a guy. other than venomanceer which can't be a guy but like i also said its a game and people will play the way they want
  • OMGLAZERZ - Heavens Tear
    OMGLAZERZ - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,327 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options
    i did clarify i said that i didn't realy think they should b/c most don't say they are guys and u never know if the girl ur talking to is really a guy. other than venomanceer which can't be a guy but like i also said its a game and people will play the way they want

You also never answered my query as to when they are supposed to state they are a guy, by the way.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Malefox - Sanctuary
    Malefox - Sanctuary Posts: 17 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options
    A male playing a venomancer/werefox?

Scandalous!

b:shocked
    Beetle enthusiast and physical defense stone addict
  • tazblackferret
    edited February 2009
    Options
    i would say only if someone asked if they were a guy
  • Naeva - Sanctuary
    Naeva - Sanctuary Posts: 55 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options
    Every race has to have a male and a female, In the untamed case we have venos which is the females and the barbarians which is the males. It would be strange to have alot of male venos running around especially when it would look like a **** class. I am a girl and I am fine with playing both genders, when I lv my barbarian I don't have any problem at all with that I don't feel that I have to have a female barbarian.
  • tazblackferret
    edited February 2009
    Options
    thats not what the main discussion ended up being about he asked me if a guy had the option of being a guy is it still alright to be a girl
  • mashm
    mashm Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options
    thats not what the main discussion ended up being about he asked me if a guy had the option of being a guy is it still alright to be a girl

Why wouldnt it be?
  • Ferretmaster - Heavens Tear
    Ferretmaster - Heavens Tear Posts: 15 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options
    read back up earlier inpost u will see what i said another guy did to someone
  • mashm
    mashm Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options
    read back up earlier inpost u will see what i said another guy did to someone

I will go under the assumption you are tazblackferret in the other post.
    It seems to me like your saying that since I am a guy I should only play male toons if the option is available for that class.
    If I am not misunderstanding that, I would like to ask why?
  • asinleus
    asinleus Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options
    lol

This conversation is becoming rather funny. To say that guys shouldn't play girls unless they are willing to say that they are guys because other guys will be wasting time and effort flirting goes against all ROLE PLAYING principles. It also implies that geeky, week guys shouldn't be playing strong male characters, ugly guys/girls shouldn't be playing with pretty characters, and stupid guys shouldn't be playing characters with a high Intelligence/Magic. Sorry to say, but if you expect this, you are in the wrong place.

It is absolutely normal and expected that many guys will play with female characters and many females will play with male characters (although to my experience it is much more frequent for male players to use female characters than the other way around).

To put things in perspective, I personally assume that all players are of the opposite gender than the one I prefer to have a relationship with, even if they state otherwise. In other words, I enter the game with the notion that this is a GAME and not a DATING site! Likewise, if I see a character opposite gender than my character, I may decide to start a virtual in-game relationship with that character, strictly as a role-playing element, regardless if I know, believe, or assume that the other person is of the same or opposite gender as what I would normally have a real-world relationship with.

I do understand that it's possible to find a person within the game and become really good friends or end up having a relationship irl. I also accept that some players might be joining MMO games for the purpose of making such new friends and possibly starting relationships. Nevertheless, this is not the immediate purpose of the game and as such the gender (or otherwise the appearance) of the characters is no indicator of the player's actual information.

Now, to return to the original topic, I do believe that a male venomancer and a female barbarian would be really nice. Female barbarians could have a human form that resembles Amazons (or Xena :P), quite a bit bulkier than your typical female, but still with enough femininity, perhaps with some ears and tail as their venomancer counterpart; or they might resemble a tigress, with many more beastial features than the venomancer, and perhaps still some sexy but also strong features; or they could resemble a star-trek Klingon.
    Likewise, a male Venomancer could look more human than the male barbarian, with a much smaller and leaner body, but still maintain the bestial features. Again, possible looks include a Klingon-like character; or perhaps something resembling a werewolf except a bit more human-like (with many more animal-like features than the female venomancer, but still smaller than the male barbarian); or better yet a snake-like character (well fitting for someone who deals with poisons) either resembling Thulsa Doom (the snake lord from Conan the Barbarian) or Lord Voldemort (from Harry Potter). Any one of the above looks would suffice in making the male venomancer not seem too feminine, not appear "****", not be too repulsive, but at the same remain slightly bigger than female venomancers and not as bulky as the male barbarians.

As a final remark, I am generally of the belief that games should allow players the freedom to choose both their gender and their race independently of their main "class element". That is, while I can accept a game giving bonuses or penalties to certain races and genders for a certain class, either in terms of what skills are allowed or what the starting and max stats can be, I do not so easily swallow a game preventing a certain race-gender combination from picking up one of the main "elements" of RPGs which may appeal to the player. And by "elements", when it comes to RPGs, I consider the following as the main categories (before further specialization to subcomponents): melee attack (fighters/barbarians), range and/or sneak attack (archers/daggers/assassins), support (healer/buffer), and magic usage (wizard/sorcerer/summoner/venomancer, etc).
  • Vinat - Sanctuary
    Vinat - Sanctuary Posts: 1,200 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options
    so ears and tails are feminine features? *rolls eyes* men.
  • Yanjing - Heavens Tear
    Yanjing - Heavens Tear Posts: 160 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options
    Mods, if I make a topic combining all of the reasons why there will never be male venomancers, will you sticky it PLEASE? This topic comes up like 10000 times a week. :(
    yay
  • Foxx_trott - Heavens Tear
    Foxx_trott - Heavens Tear Posts: 802 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options
    It is just a game, who cares which sex you play? All your character is, is pixels. Yeah looking back on it now, I would have made a male Veno if the option was availible to me. But it wasn't so no biggie.

After my playing a huge barb male Shadowknight in EQ2 for about 5 years, I kind of find it refreshing to have a nice looking backside to look at for a change as I play. LOL

I'm just saying. If you can't handle playing a female toon as a dude, then don't. Simple as that. We got too many darn Veno's running around anyways, LOL.

b:laugh
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    You will never do anything in this world without courage.
    It is the greatest quality of the mind next to honor.
    ~Aristotle
  • Soul_Thunder - Sanctuary_1254490888
    edited February 2009
    Options
    like what others have said for a lot of times before: it isn't going to happen, since the barbarians and venomancers are part of the chinese mythology, which is what the game is based upon.

BUT, i was thinking, as a compensation, the game should have one more race (don't think it's going to happen, but anyway).
    the new race can have a necromancer class, which acts somewhat like the necro in diablo, summon minions from the dead. this can act like the male venomancer.
    the other class can be a rogue class, as pw doesn't have a real rogue class, which is a class that pretty much all mmos have and the class i like the most. this class can have disguise skills and swift attacks, like assasins.

just a thought, again, don't think it's goin to happen, just like there won't be male veno and female barbs
  • Foxx_trott - Heavens Tear
    Foxx_trott - Heavens Tear Posts: 802 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options
    Agreed, the veno/werefox and Barb is kinda what the game is built around. With the other classes we have, added for variety. It will never change. And to be honest it's actually kinda silly for us to keep debating this on these forums.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    You will never do anything in this world without courage.
    It is the greatest quality of the mind next to honor.
    ~Aristotle
  • Chiclet - Heavens Tear
    Chiclet - Heavens Tear Posts: 24 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options
    i dont think that i would enjoy male veno's because veno's r like magic users, and i don't really like the male magic armor...
  • Hammerclaw - Sanctuary
    Hammerclaw - Sanctuary Posts: 34 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options
    I as well would like to be able to play a male veno, but it ain't gonna happen. If you want the pets, you gotta take the jugs, just the way it is. Power always has it's price, and here the price for enslaving the minds of simple creatures is you have to play a chick.

At least this game is better than last chaos (god, that game sucks on so many levels) where you have no class/gender options what so ever.