Chained Jailed or Flash Fire? Pvp wise?

Options
glooms
glooms Posts: 0 Arc User
edited February 2009 in Archer
If I was to +4 and add in 2 G7s, which one is more worth while for both pvp and pve?
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Post edited by glooms on

Comments

• Kiyoshi - Heavens Tear
    Kiyoshi - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,385 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options
    If you don't plan to decomp it for the next tier of hh. chain jail is slightly better (in my view point), but not by much. If you do want to decomp it for the next tier, then flash would be much better.
    1. If I kill you; do something about it yourself, don't go complaining to my wife.
    2. If you have less kill counts then me, don't expect me to take pk advice from you.
    3. If you are hiding behind an alt, don't expect me to acknowledge your existence.

Tokichiro - Heavy Armor Fish / Kiyoshi - Dual Blade Elf
  • glooms
    glooms Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options
    Is it a waste to decomp +4 2 G7s? ><
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Kiyoshi - Heavens Tear
    Kiyoshi - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,385 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options
    glooms wrote: »
    Is it a waste to decomp +4 2 G7s? ><

I donno, do the math. When you decomp you only get a mold back regardless of the + and gems.
    1. If I kill you; do something about it yourself, don't go complaining to my wife.
    2. If you have less kill counts then me, don't expect me to take pk advice from you.
    3. If you are hiding behind an alt, don't expect me to acknowledge your existence.

Tokichiro - Heavy Armor Fish / Kiyoshi - Dual Blade Elf
  • Asterelle - Sanctuary_1381265973
    Asterelle - Sanctuary_1381265973 Posts: 7,881 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options
    If you need the shard it would be best to try selling the xbow for an unrefined one + coins.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Refining Simulator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/refiningsimulator.html (don't use IE)
    Genie Calculator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/geniecalculator.html - (don't use IE)
    Socket Calculator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/socketcalculator.html
  • Agentzero - Lost City
    Agentzero - Lost City Posts: 199 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options
    Flash Fire is best, as the chained jail's stun only lasts 1.5 secs of the stated 3 secs, and it rarely comes out.

Also Flash Fire is better for decompose for hh90.

PS: Flash Fire also costs more to make, and harder to hunt though.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • TigerLily - Lost City
    TigerLily - Lost City Posts: 1,209 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options
    I actually think chained jail is a slightly better weapon for lvl 80. It gives 22-24 stat points and the strengt can be converted to dex ( if u use restat) + a chance to stun ( which sadly dont comes out to often tho but helps a bit grinding). But still 22-24 dex + chance of stun is slightly better than a flash fire for sure. And its cheaper and easier to farm.

But if u choose the easy way (chained jail) you will have trouble at lvl 90 since the chained jail dont lead to any lvl 90 weapon ( beside the lvl 90 gold Xbow that u need belia gold for). So making the stun bow u will have to re-farm lvl 60-70-80 bow at 90 and that might suck ^_^
  • Asgenar - Lost City
    Asgenar - Lost City Posts: 127 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options
    I would go with the chained jail since you won't waste money refining and adding gems to it. You will most likely trade your refined flash fire to a guild for a normal one for decomposition because it would be a waste to decompose the upgraded one. However, with the chained jail, you'll be able to sell it to other players since you most likely won't get the next HH weapon in it's line. This means that you can upgrade and refine your chained jail all you want and still get most if not more of your money back after you are done with it. And then you can even use that money to buy back the HH mats to go on the new hh xbow line of your wish or just farm it back. Also, with the chained jail+hh80 wrists, you should be able to equip the lvl 68 mold helm which is always a plus.

Edit: Addressing the pvp aspect, I'd rather have a chance of stun than 1% crit. You can always compensate the lack of 1% crit from the weapon with a better ring, but you can't put stun addon onto any other gear.
  • Qqme - Lost City
    Qqme - Lost City Posts: 48 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options
    imo chained is much better. first off the +13 str(max) allows you to wear fb69 helm if you invest alittle more str then usual.

Not only that the stun proc on skills meaning if you are doing a barrage there is also a chance to mass stun ppl in your aoe.

and lastly stun you cant get stun on any oher equip other then your weapon
  • Mosz - Heavens Tear
    Mosz - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,181 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options
    imo chained is much better. first off the +13 str(max) allows you to wear fb69 helm if you invest alittle more str then usual.

Not only that the stun proc on skills meaning if you are doing a barrage there is also a chance to mass stun ppl in your aoe.

and lastly stun you cant get stun on any oher equip other then your weapon

some pretty good points, just wanna say helm of lion spirit ftw...if you can find one, or at that point lvl 61 helm with -req
  • Cyanea - Lost City
    Cyanea - Lost City Posts: 107 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options
    However, with the chained jail, you'll be able to sell it to other players since you most likely won't get the next HH weapon in it's line.

I thought chained jail was bound on use?
  • Qqme - Lost City
    Qqme - Lost City Posts: 48 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options
    nope chained jail is not Returning Squall(HH80 Gold)
    its upgrade Heaven Seal: Chain(HH90 Gold) is bind on equip