Female Rose Pickers = Griefers ?

Lycorys - Heavens Tear
Lycorys - Heavens Tear Posts: 33 Arc User
edited February 2009 in General Discussion
I am wondering what female characters are doing picking roses? They can't be traded or exchanged in any way. So why are they there? I can understand waiting there on the edge of the garden, basically being with your 'man' while they are working so hard for you, but what reason could they possibly have to be actively picking the already limited number of roses. . .

Well the only reason I can come up with is to intentionally disrupt other players trying their best to participate in the event. . basically to cause grief to everyday players.
If luring Jewel to the rose garden is bannable on the grounds that its only done to inhibit others ability to enjoy the game or partake in the event, then females picking roses should be bannable on the very same grounds.
"Let not your outrage for injustice end where your selfishness begins"
Post edited by Lycorys - Heavens Tear on

Comments

• Kiralia - Sanctuary
    Kiralia - Sanctuary Posts: 76 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Agreed...even after telling other girls they cannot DO anything with the roses they still pick them *shakes head* they should have made it so female chars simply could not pick the roses.
  • Celestyna - Heavens Tear
    Celestyna - Heavens Tear Posts: 629 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    I agree as well i was picking roses with my barb and it was quite annoying.. fair play to loose a few to the men also trying to collect em but come on.. you can only get 1 coin each its so not worth it unless your just wanting to be a pain in the rump
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Lycorys - Heavens Tear
    edited February 2009
    So then lets start reporting female rose pickers as griefers, just like people who lure Jewel. There is no other reason for them to be doing it aside from disrupting others honest gameplay. And ignorance is no excuse either since after they pick a single rose, they know by the description that it is totally pointless.
  • Ammerex - Lost City
    Ammerex - Lost City Posts: 72 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    I just sit on the edge while my bf picks them, (Or we trade accounts, he uses my clierc and I 'pick' them.) and I'll pk any female body I see bending down to get them.
    I've been called nasty things by the females, but the fact is, the men have it hard enough.xD
  • Lycorys - Heavens Tear
    edited February 2009
    Bravo Ammerex *claps*. If they insist on making it harder, and they're white named or on a pk server, then wipe em out. I mean seriously, 5 bushes for like 50 to 200 people there at a time. They have it pretty bad without people who can't use them at all picking away also. Personally I ride my wolfie while he picks :-P, since you can harvest while embracing, or politely sit out of the clutter and wait.
  • Toxickiss - Heavens Tear
    Toxickiss - Heavens Tear Posts: 152 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    I agree it makes no sense for the females to be picking roses but I'm curious why this is so one sided? I personally have not been out to the roses (I see no point in it at all) but there are guys that are at the tower collecting honey also. I was there yesterday and there were guys there digging up the honey.

Not that the gm's are going to change anything now since the event is almost over but I agree in the future they should make sure that if it's a sex based dig, make sure neither can dig the others.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Lazyluna - Heavens Tear
    Lazyluna - Heavens Tear Posts: 233 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Agreed. Poor thinking, that's all this is. But they're still learning how to run a decent event. They're getting closer... slowly but surely. *snickers*
    b:bye RETIRED
  • Fumika - Lost City
    Fumika - Lost City Posts: 59 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    I was there too with my veno and tried to pick up a rose to see how hard it is :O and the other reasone was i wanted to have a free ride to town of arrivalsb:chuckle

edit: i havent got any roses :/ poor males have it so hard
  • Angelle - Heavens Tear
    Angelle - Heavens Tear Posts: 177 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    It's not much different than another one or two more guys going to the rose patch and attempting to dig up a share...and whether they give up or not, I don't know. Yeah, they're not really useful to females but what if they wanted them just to have them or challenge themselves if they could get it or not?

And besides, it's the male char.'s choice on if they want to get 99 roses or not. What about the ones that are there trying to achieve 500 roses? They called griefers, too, for hanging out, getting more than they really need?
    Former Leader of 卓越的 {Transcendent}
    -- DoIl - Venomancer - 6X

;D You can call me Minny.
  • Elenacostel - Heavens Tear
    Elenacostel - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,822 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    I have entertained the notion of grabbing a single rose myself, for the purposes of roleplaying.

However, after hearing how horrendously hazardous it was to be in that area, I declined from pursuing such an action.
  • Daibar - Heavens Tear
    Daibar - Heavens Tear Posts: 90 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    I don't understand why they didn't make this a quest item.
    Poor design.

Seriously, how many of those harvesters are bots?
  • Kiralia - Sanctuary
    edited February 2009
    If they are gathering extras for other days left in the event then no its not griefing, if they are just being stupid and gathering even more than that then yes i'd still consider that kinda griefing...or at least realllllly bad form considering they know first hand how bad it can be gathering the 99.
  • kudzuu
    kudzuu Posts: 15 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    I don't see how this is any different from the christmas event, people ksing snowmen all the time and what difference does it make to have 1 female in a bunch of 100 males trying to pick roses? not much at all. If you can't click fast enough then it's your own fault.

Picking roses isn't as hard as what they make it seem. I've managed to pick quite a few over the course of about 3 hours. It's just the matter of knowing where to position yourself and when to click.
    Sanctuary
    ign: TlNA (Lowercase L >_>)
    "NoBoDy"
  • Kiralia - Sanctuary
    edited February 2009
    Nobody said it was hard, but it IS time consuming already...and if it takes so long why do some idiot girls have to make it take longer for no reason?

I'm a girl and I really don't see the point in what they are doing. If its diving in for 1 single rose for a keepsake thats 1 thing but girls are spending ages there picking roses...and no they are not just hanging out with their man cos you can see them bending and picking.

And its not at all akin to the snowmen lol
  • kudzuu
    edited February 2009
    First in first serve. Having one female makes little difference, who says you can't move onto a difference rose patch? and if guys want, they can always go honey picking.
    Sanctuary
    "NoBoDy"
  • Kiralia - Sanctuary
    edited February 2009
    Its not 1 female and another patch? errr right, gonna chalk this up to your 3 hours having been in dream land.

Have seen guys at the honey too...but since we only need 6 honey its no hardhship to us if they wanna waste their time there lol.

Am thinking you must either really be a girl who is picking roses or have a girl who is doing so.....or just a troll :)
  • kudzuu
    edited February 2009
    lolz if patches doesn't do you then i'll call them "farmable nodes" happy? there's at least 5-6 of them. if you're not happy with 1 or 2, there's always the others.
    Sanctuary
    "NoBoDy"
  • fuzzles
    fuzzles Posts: 628 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    I think it's more a case of idiocy than griefing.

The little bimbo sees everyone picking roses and wonders what the fuss is. Decides to pick some as well.

Personally, whenever I see female toons picking roses, I send them a PM telling them to stop picking them and get back in the kitchen. Gives me some entertainment while click spamming.
    Everyone here is ridiculously oversensitive.
  • Faustinna - Heavens Tear
    Faustinna - Heavens Tear Posts: 176 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    fuzzles wrote: »
    I think it's more a case of idiocy than griefing.

The little bimbo sees everyone picking roses and wonders what the fuss is. Decides to pick some as well.

Personally, whenever I see female toons picking roses, I send them a PM telling them to stop picking them and get back in the kitchen. Gives me some entertainment while click spamming.

And you come off so manly saying that while you're on all fours for hours picking up flowers. I dub the rose patch the "Prison shower". b:victory
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Fallenangelx - Heavens Tear
    Fallenangelx - Heavens Tear Posts: 182 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    i logged onto my cleric for standby near the roses to rez my hubby b:chuckle that got killed by jewel.

i feel bad for the pickers but then again i think that jewel bein lured and killing off some pickers make it faster for others to finish then leave. but since luring jewel is bannable, my cleric doesnt have to be on standby anymore.

funny moment was when i saw a barb continusly digging honey when they have absolutely no use for it.
  • OMGLAZERZ - Heavens Tear
    OMGLAZERZ - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,327 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    i logged onto my cleric for standby near the roses to rez my hubby b:chuckle that got killed by jewel.

i feel bad for the pickers but then again i think that jewel bein lured and killing off some pickers make it faster for others to finish then leave. but since luring jewel is bannable, my cleric doesnt have to be on standby anymore.

funny moment was when i saw a barb continusly digging honey when they have absolutely no use for it.

It was a panda bear barb, wasn't it? Had to be since bears like honey. b:cool
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]