Where Are The Gms!!??!?!?

Baybesnipez - Heavens Tear
Baybesnipez - Heavens Tear Posts: 22 Arc User
edited February 2009 in General Discussion
How many reports have you people sent to be unanswered?
Now I did use blacklist, but we had a bot spamming in Arch for HOURS!!
THIS IS STUPID!!!!!!!!!
Are you guys even online at all?
I mean do you read the world chats or just ignore everyone completely?
I mean atleast Runescape hired people in game to become moderators and make sure people arrent swearing and botting ect, you guys should look into something like that for a change.

b:angry
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Post edited by Baybesnipez - Heavens Tear on

Comments

• Renara - Heavens Tear
    Renara - Heavens Tear Posts: 145 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    I gather PWI approves of gold-selling websites, since they are doing nothing about the spambots in West Archosaur.
    "Sorry, we don't need a barbarian. We have a frog."
  • DevilCrys - Heavens Tear
    DevilCrys - Heavens Tear Posts: 488 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Well members of this game are starting to see things more clearly, 2-4weeks to have a GM talk to you bout a botter..Now prob few days later till the gold selling site spammer gets banned (prob for 3 days). More and more pathetic stuff to come Im sure.
  • roflmfaoxd
    roflmfaoxd Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    it's the holidays...give them a break...=.=
    edited February 2009
    Dang, holidays so they leave the game running with no-one around to take care of things..Alright hire me please, THis sounds like a good job.

Example - Do you leave a circus running with no one around to supervise? people walk in freely do w.e cuz its the holidays ? WRONG..
  • Baybesnipez - Heavens Tear
    Baybesnipez - Heavens Tear Posts: 22 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    roflmfaoxd wrote: »
    it's the holidays...give them a break...=.=

It's not the holidays, the holidays was ONE day, Valentines day, jeeze T_T and okay lets let everyone who runs something and keeps it running have a holiday, get real.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited February 2009
    O well they got on for once and did something, late but surely..Someone needs to be monitoring this game..Im sure if PWI offered moderators a volunteer job IN-GAME..Take a select few people that have been reporting/good citizens ect..They have options of muting for 24hrs (during that 24hrs GMs/Admins read over the reasoning/proof n confirm it and the 24hr mute stands, if not then its lifted) and a ban option for 24hrs..Any Moderators caught abusing this will be perm/IP banned from the game..

Best idea IMO
  • deshin
    deshin Posts: 123 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    It's not the holidays, the holidays was ONE day, Valentines day, jeeze T_T and okay lets let everyone who runs something and keeps it running have a holiday, get real.

So clueless. Valentines day... holiday lol

I hope that is because you do not live in the US.

Since this company is in California they tend to allow more of these type holidays.

Big issue is that they do not have enough staff to cover 24 x 7 X 365. Even on days they work most the stuff that needs GM is done when nobody is working. This is a case where being a international company should help but they don't seem to get a lot of support from china.

One of the trade offs you get on a free to play game. There is little penalty to have a free account canceled so you have more of them and you have less money to pay GM to cancel them.

Sorry not awake today quoted the wrong post....
  • ninjakatt
    ninjakatt Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Looks like this game is starting to head the same decayed path as Silkroad Online if spam bots are showing up in town....
  • Malefox - Sanctuary
    Malefox - Sanctuary Posts: 17 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    It seems very odd that a game that runs 24 hours a day shouldn't have at least one GM on duty at all times who monitors world chat and/or the 'report hacking' feedback.
    Beetle enthusiast and physical defense stone addict
  • jalenstar4ever
    jalenstar4ever Posts: 72 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    deshin wrote: »
    So clueless. Valentines day... holiday lol

I hope that is because you do not live in the US.

Since this company is in California they tend to allow more of these type holidays.

What type of holidays?

Valentine's day is a not even "day-off" holiday. In the US we all still go to work on Valentines day. In other words, work goes on as usual.
    deshin wrote: »
    Big issue is that they do not have enough staff to cover 24 x 7 X 365. Even on days they work most the stuff that needs GM is done when nobody is working. This is a case where being a international company should help but they don't seem to get a lot of support from china.

Bad excuse. I doubt PWI would agree with this excuse. You are not helping them making excuses such as these. PWI is a professional business. It is not asking too much to have 1 employee manning the three servers 24/7. That amounts to roughly 3 employees per day (3 eight hour shifts). Heck, I doubt they would have any trouble enlisting volunteers to do this type of work.

I tend to want to give PWI the benefit of the doubt and accept that perhaps their staff was busy with a higher priority, hence the lack of oversight or action to a player base alerting them of a blatant case of "botting," but I would not insult them by making excuses such as the above.

They deserve better.
  • tiawen
    tiawen Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    I'm really disappointed this can happen on PWI.
    If I wanted to see bots and gold sellers everywhere I would go on Rappelz or Lineage. Just before, you said you wanted to protect the economy then please do so and ban the bots who ruin the game.
  • Cinnamonn - Sanctuary
    Cinnamonn - Sanctuary Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Give them some slack, as Monday was Presidents day, a actual day off. Bot prevention is not easy, but easier here than SRO,Rap or linage. Just report them and BL them.
  • orme
    orme Posts: 32 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    It seems very odd that a game that runs 24 hours a day shouldn't have at least one GM on duty at all times who monitors world chat and/or the 'report hacking' feedback.
    Dvorak wrote: »
    [ ... ... ] Don't think we are currently seeking new GMs, although this will likely change as the company expands its product offerings. And yes, you do need to be located in the SF Bay Area to be taken under consideration as a candidate.
    [ ... ... ] GM's are all full time employees of Perfect World Entertainment and work out of our offices in the SF Bay Area. [ ... ... ]
    [ ... ... ] We ALWAYS have GMs working our servers. Our service coverage is 24/7.

Also, sorry to say but we cannot make available our GMs work schedule nor a roster of the team. simply put it is against company policy and raises security and privacy issues that i do not wish to elaborate on.
    [ ... ... ]

Here are all the answers you need. That topic is complete. :)
  • Carlos_rogue - Heavens Tear
    Carlos_rogue - Heavens Tear Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Spam bots and botting seems to be spreading fast enough everywhere now not just here, seems like 'the new thing on the www apart from the rest of the disturbances.. if the mmo's up and running botters will definitely show up to. They can be beaten though. If w\e they're advertising has no demand or any prospects, due to joint effort from the community and the staff, they'll disappear. I know very well they're being created by hundreds from maybe 1 source alone, but I saw them disappear from a game before..it just takes some effort and discipline.

On a side note, maybe Pwi could hire some volunteers to help out exclusively with the discipline area on the servers? Reporting to gm's and maybe bridging the gap between the community and moderators? Naturally there should be an aptitude test for candidates, some knowledge of software and IT depending on whats needed. Just a thought...
  • orinj
    orinj Posts: 460 admin
    edited February 2009
    hey there,

first and foremost - sorry.

this type of stuff doesn't happen often (you guys know it too), but a database malfunction related to the issue on friday prevented us from dealing with these spammers right away.

as dvorak stated before, we *DO* have 24-7 coverage. and we are here 365 days a year. i didn't even get to see my mom on thanksgiving or christmas! >_<

but like any other company we have outages and downtimes and such was the case friday and yesterday.

what else can we do but say that we're sorry and tell you that we'll strive to be better.

i'm rather hurt personally that so many of you would lose faith in us after a small incident as such. do you *honestly* think that we slack so that you guys will lose faith in the game and the company? what right-minded business person would do such a thing, right?

so implore you - do not view us in a such a negative light. one mishap doesn't equate to the end of the world. a single drop of rain and hail does not mean that the sky is falling. know that we here at PWE are always doing our best (sometimes pulling crazy hours without pay) to ensure that you, the players, are provided an excellent, safe, and enjoyable gaming experience - SANS gold farmers :)

thanks for understanding.

- orinj

P.S. i know a lot of ya'll have been talking about volunteering for PWI and whatnot, but due to conflict of interest and security/safety measures, we cannot go in this direction - sorry about that. for now, the best thing to do is to contact us via the GM button. i know that the wait can be a little long sometimes due to placement in queue, but for now this is the best thing you can do. however, i will say that we are in the process of implementing a newer, more direct form of chat/contact procedure in order to expedite the GM-to-user process. please keep your eyes peeled in the coming months.
    F.E.A.R. has two meanings: Forget Everything And Run - OR - Face Everything And Rise. The choice is yours, my friend.
  • Vanyadarknae - Heavens Tear
    Vanyadarknae - Heavens Tear Posts: 71 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    this type of stuff doesn't happen often (you guys know it too), but a database malfunction related to the issue on friday prevented us from dealing with these spammers right away.

hmmm, An admit that it was a database malfunction, but you banned 70 players for it and left hundreds of people in game that have items and gold they shouldn't have, because according to PWI they exploited what PWI is saying was a database malfunction. Again, PWI has made an example of players for their mistake to take the limelight off themselves.
    what else can we do but say that we're sorry and tell you that we'll strive to be better.

As I see it sorry means nothing it is simply words. What PWI has done is unacceptable. I have lost total faith in PWI and have no trust for the Company at all. The only thing that keeps me in here at present is our guild and friends, but my wallet has been sealed with super glue, so no more RL money will PWI be getting from me. I have paid PWI 500.00 - 800.00 dollars a month through your cash shop to play on a so called free game and never once thought twice about it. I have now lost RL money due to your mistake and my husbands account banned along with 69 others due to your mistake. Players in our guild have lost out on items and gold they donated to the guild due to PWI's mistake. So you say sorry, as though that is going to make everything go away and set everything straight. All I can say is wow, I think NOT.

Vanya
    [SIGPIC]shylael.net/guildpics/vsigfinal.png[/SIGPIC]
  • xtrm9
    xtrm9 Posts: 221 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    orinj wrote: »
    hey there,

first and foremost - sorry.

as dvorak stated before, we *DO* have 24-7 coverage. and we are here 365 days a year. i didn't even get to see my mom on thanksgiving or christmas! >_<

but like any other company we have outages and downtimes and such was the case friday and yesterday.

i'm rather hurt personally that so many of you would lose faith in us after a small incident as such. do you *honestly* think that we slack so that you guys will lose faith in the game and the company? what right-minded business person would do such a thing, right?

so implore you - do not view us in a such a negative light. one mishap doesn't equate to the end of the world. a single drop of rain and hail does not mean that the sky is falling. know that we here at PWE are always doing our best (sometimes pulling crazy hours without pay) to ensure that you, the players, are provided an excellent, safe, and enjoyable gaming experience - SANS gold farmers :)

thanks for understanding.

- orinj

P.S. i know a lot of ya'll have been talking about volunteering for PWI and whatnot, but due to conflict of interest and security/safety measures, we cannot go in this direction - sorry about that. for now, the best thing to do is to contact us via the GM button. i know that the wait can be a little long sometimes due to placement in queue, but for now this is the best thing you can do. however, i will say that we are in the process of implementing a newer, more direct form of chat/contact procedure in order to expedite the GM-to-user process. please keep your eyes peeled in the coming months.

Hi Thanks for replying. We know that everybody has off days so it is okay.
    On my server HT the gm usually bans the PW power leveling/Gold website spammer when contacted through World Chat. Regarding bots i know you guys have to ensure that it is a bot and not a careless player so i can understand it may take sometime to go through the activity log of the accused.

As you know due to the last glitch many players quit this game as they lost faith after you guys chose not to rollback. Many ppl who abused the glitch or sold gold at insanely high prices enabling ppl to exploit the bug still roam freely in PW and have an unfair advantage over honest players. Although i don't know the complete facts on your side to fairly judge what made you take the decision to not to rollback, can you please assure us that you are still tracking down the remaining bug exploiters who got away during the initial suspension of the 70 accounts and take appopriate action against them. It would help ensure the trust back.
  • xtrm9
    edited February 2009
    hmmm, An admit that it was a database malfunction, but you banned 70 players for it and left hundreds of people in game that have items and gold they shouldn't have, because according to PWI they exploited what PWI is saying was a database malfunction. Again, PWI has made an example of players for their mistake to take the limelight off themselves.

As I see it sorry means nothing it is simply words. What PWI has done is unacceptable. I have lost total faith in PWI and have no trust for the Company at all. The only thing that keeps me in here at present is our guild and friends, but my wallet has been sealed with super glue, so no more RL money will PWI be getting from me. I have paid PWI 500.00 - 800.00 dollars a month through your cash shop to play on a so called free game and never once thought twice about it. I have now lost RL money due to your mistake and my husbands account banned along with 69 others due to your mistake. Players in our guild have lost out on items and gold they donated to the guild due to PWI's mistake. So you say sorry, as though that is going to make everything go away and set everything straight. All I can say is wow, I think NOT.

Vanya

I am glad to know that your husband's account got banned. I hope PW catches up and bans all the remaining bug exploiters.
  • aryannamage
    aryannamage Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    xtrm9 wrote: »
    Hi Thanks for replying. We know that everybody has off days so it is okay.
    On my server HT the gm usually bans the PW power leveling/Gold website spammer when contacted through World Chat. Regarding bots i know you guys have to ensure that it is a bot and not a careless player so i can understand it may take sometime to go through the activity log of the accused.

As you know due to the last glitch many players quit this game as they lost faith after you guys chose not to rollback. Many ppl who abused the glitch or sold gold at insanely high prices enabling ppl to exploit the bug still roam freely in PW and have an unfair advantage over honest players. Although i don't know the complete facts on your side to fairly judge what made you take the decision to not to rollback, can you please assure us that you are still tracking down the remaining bug exploiters who got away during the initial suspension of the 70 accounts and take appopriate action against them. It would help ensure the trust back.

I would quote him directly but can't find his post now and due to his forum avatar being bugged can not check his post history but shnuggles did say that they are still investigating more then just those 70 people who got a suspension. It just takes time to go through every single character on every single account. b:surrender
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Poison - Heavens Tear
    Poison - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,444 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    orinj wrote: »

Most of the GM's posting on the forums are nice, fun people...

So, I hate to point this out, but some of us lost faith in the way this game is ran a long time ago. Gold spammers spamming for hours, botters botting for hours, harassers harassing/swearing/racial slurring for hours, venos glitching bosses and tying up the area for a long time while others need it and have to just wait. No response at all from the report hacking or GM button even hours after the fact a lot of things are still going on. Tickets taking 48 hours to get a response that has nothing to do with the incident because no GM showed up with the report button... Those of us that work day-jobs have learned to not expect any help whatsoever as there seemingly has never been any at night or on weekends and just play the game and hope you don't get stuck on something and need GM help because you aren't going to get any. I'm not even concerned about the whole Friday the 13th incident. Mistakes happen, we're all human, my only concern is how long it was allowed to happen before someone decided to check in on the game and noticed something majorly amiss. But maybe now you won't be so surprised the next time someone makes a thread like this as many of us have felt this way since shortly after Open Beta started.

Edit
    While I understand the reality of the situation is that it would not be smart business sense to operate this way, I learned a long time ago in the business world that perception is far greater than reality, and hope you can understand our reasons behind the way we feel.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Vanyadarknae - Heavens Tear
    Vanyadarknae - Heavens Tear Posts: 71 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    xtrm9,

Unfortunately, many will have the same feeling and I can understand that. People who know how the behind the scene of programming a game and programming game bots, such as myself will view it differently. PWI created a quest that was faulty, not the players, so therefore PWI could have and should have gone about it the correct way and done a roll-back or gone into the player data base and removed items or in game gold that was gained from PWI's faulty quest. It does take time to do this I know, we have done it ourselves with our game. An Exploit did not take place, the quest was faulty, plain and simple.

Vanya
    [SIGPIC]shylael.net/guildpics/vsigfinal.png[/SIGPIC]
  • xtrm9
    edited February 2009
    xtrm9,

Unfortunately, many will have the same feeling and I can understand that. People who know how the behind the scene of programming a game and programming game bots, such as myself will view it differently. PWI created a quest that was faulty, not the players, so therefore PWI could have and should have gone about it the correct way and done a roll-back or gone into the player data base and removed items or in game gold that was gained from PWI's faulty quest. It does take time to do this I know, we have done it ourselves with our game. An Exploit did not take place, the quest was faulty, plain and simple.

Vanya

Yeah a rollback would have been a 100% assuring solution and i was shouting for it for 2 days after the friday the 13th's patch but it is too late for that but now i understand that i don't know facts from the GM's side to fairly judge them on their decision. Personally i would have loved to see a rollback as a solution and you and your husband playing togather again (him promising not to be naughty with bugs again).
  • laethaka_1241221170
    laethaka_1241221170 Posts: 18 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    maybe you guys should consider that if this is what happens when the GMs take one day off, what they must be holding back every other day we play and enjoy the game
  • MentalEdge - Heavens Tear
    MentalEdge - Heavens Tear Posts: 629 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    xtrm9,

Vanya

Ughh,your husband was banned fairly along with the other 69,it is bug/glitch abuse,you know what that is right?KNOWINGLY taking advantage of a faulty feature ingame to further his own ends...he knew what he was doing while selling those cash shop items to the npc,ofcourse it was partly the devs fault for not testing the patch but if you think your husband is not guilty of any wrongdoing by exploiting a bug,then every single person who have exploited any bugs on every other mmorpg is also not guilty even though its against most if not all of their TOS
    Quit 100%...and surprised my forum account wasn't banned...yet
  • Yanjing - Heavens Tear
    Yanjing - Heavens Tear Posts: 160 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    I've only seen a botter in this game one time. All other free games I've played have been spammed so much that I can barely even play.

Give them a freaking break. They have lives too and are doing really awesome. Go try playing something like Atlantica and see how much better it is here.
    yay
  • bzbee
    bzbee Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    OMG! It's the end of the world! We have a gold spammer!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ever heard of blacklist? b:chuckle
    Phoenix plume count: 2450 b:sad

I want the phoenix because I think its pretty. b:cute
  • Hamburga - Sanctuary
    Hamburga - Sanctuary Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Attention to the 11 noobs posting in this thread - Less QQ more PEW PEW!!!

That is all
  • aryannamage
    aryannamage Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    I know a little bit off-topic but I was speaking to andracil earlier and she mentioned this thread, just she called it... Where are the mods? b:angry
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • FionaCattail - Sanctuary
    FionaCattail - Sanctuary Posts: 405 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    all in all, I think the GMs do a pretty good job.. I think it would be better if we could put a message in when hitting the GM button rather than the default "I'm stuck".. also, I think they could have done better with this last crisis.. rather than "suspending" the accounts.. ban them.. I mean, you took away the gold, but if they bought molds and clothes and stuff with the coin before you took it away, they still have those things.. so when they come back, they can sell those and be right back to having a ton of cash again..

also.. with the duke rose glitch.. I agree with someone else.. rather than removing the clothing, why not just disable the quest..

and lastly, and this is just a personal request.. I would really like to see more mounts (9 tailed fox) and flyers (gryphon) in the game.. but rather than putting in just 1 per race, put in a few.. you're still going to sell them, and it adds more variety to what you see "floating around" (like everyone now has a panther, and either a swiftshadow or israfel, or the watcher of the skies.. (and sword, don't remember what they are called.. daevas?))
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    We could all learn a lot from crayons, some are sharp, some are pretty, some are dull, some have weird names (like chartreuse), and all are different colors....BUT they ALL exist very nicely in the same box!
  • Tigriss - Heavens Tear
    Tigriss - Heavens Tear Posts: 760 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Everyone seems to be saying about zenny spammers for a few hours. If that bothers you i can't imagin you on one of the many games that has the same spammer for days. Comeone only a few hours is damn great. Most games don't get rid of them nearly as fast. Others saying about the gms looking at world chat. Everyone has been told over and over again to use the GM button to e-mail them. Common sense dictates that means world chat isn't for getting ahold of GMs and they probably arnt watching it.
    "Jesus fricking christ on a pogo stick. Your a mass of fricking idiots I swear!"
    -Saitada
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Thankies Crystalynnex
This discussion has been closed.